OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 31, 2015, 04:38:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Becoming a monk!  (Read 3764 times) Average Rating: 0
Indocern

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: by God

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

Severian
My brother Severian, thanks for the post and suggestion but i have already together with my priest decided how i should approach this.

In about six months from now, i will go to a monastery in Germany to test my call and see if monasticism is what god want me to do.
But i will also try to get in the university to read about law, or the policeschool. I will get the answer if i get in to the university when I'm in germany, and if i want to go and study i will do so. If i want to stay in the monastery i will stay there and become a monk.

Right now I'm focused at praying, and grow spiritually and pray to god to show me the path he wants me to travel. My heart says right now that monk is the only thing i want to be, hope my heart stay that way because at this young age its really hard to develop a good relationship with god and at the same time go to school surrounded with people that hate religion.

Please pray for me.

For GOD age doesn't matter.
Syriac.Aramaic

Faith: Christian Syriac Orthodox

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 01:37:04 PM »

Severian
My brother Severian, thanks for the post and suggestion but i have already together with my priest decided how i should approach this.

In about six months from now, i will go to a monastery in Germany to test my call and see if monasticism is what god want me to do.
But i will also try to get in the university to read about law, or the policeschool. I will get the answer if i get in to the university when I'm in germany, and if i want to go and study i will do so. If i want to stay in the monastery i will stay there and become a monk.

Right now I'm focused at praying, and grow spiritually and pray to god to show me the path he wants me to travel. My heart says right now that monk is the only thing i want to be, hope my heart stay that way because at this young age its really hard to develop a good relationship with god and at the same time go to school surrounded with people that hate religion.

Please pray for me.

You have right my friend, age doesn't matter at all. If you have the call from god, then you have it. The important thing is to approach the call in the right way so it donsn't go to waste.

Rejoice in the joy of our god.
Indocern

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: by God

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2015, 01:45:35 PM »

Severian

Please pray for me.

You have right my friend, age doesn't matter at all. If you have the call from god, then you have it. The important thing is to approach the call in the right way so it donsn't go to waste.

I agree with you i think so too.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Hypatos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 01:46:43 AM »

My advice is to go to a Church in communion with Eastern Orthodox Church. I read a book that I believed said that one nature, two natures may be a big thing. It's not going to be fun if you are a monk and realize this. Before dedicating to a denomination pray to God to show you best religion and denomination in his eyes and to let you know why that religion and denomination is best. Don't promise anything since you don't know tomorrow what you can do.
pasadi, attempts to persuade an Orthodox Christian to join your jurisdiction are not permitted on this forum and will be met with harsher sanctions if you continue this.

From the Rules Page
Proselytism -- Proselytizing people from one Orthodox jurisdiction to another Orthodox jurisdiction is not allowed; we don't exist to give spiritual advice, but rather to discuss spiritual matters - there is a healthy distinction.  Likewise, proselytizing anyone (Orthodox or not) to join a non-Orthodox jurisdiction is not permitted - this is an Orthodox forum, after all.  If you feel the need to plug your group then do it by private message.  As this is an Orthodox forum, the Orthodox users are permitted (and encouraged) to invite non-Orthodox to join the Orthodox Christian Faith.
(emphasis mine)

Though the admin/moderator staff on this forum make no formal statement on the Orthodoxy of the Oriental Orthodox, we grant our OO brothers and sisters the same respect that we grant our Eastern Orthodox brothers and sisters, and we expect you to do the same.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:49:51 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Hypatos

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 01:56:17 AM »

My advice is to go to a Church in communion with Eastern Orthodox Church. I read a book that I believed said that one nature, two natures may be a big thing. It's not going to be fun if you are a monk and realize this. Before dedicating to a denomination pray to God to show you best religion and denomination in his eyes and to let you know why that religion and denomination is best. Don't promise anything since you don't know tomorrow what you can do.

Proselytizing is not allowed on this forum.
Vigilante moderation is also not appreciated on this forum. It is enough to report the offending post. Please don't take it upon yourself to enforce the rules of this forum by correcting another poster in this manner.
wgw
Liturgical Enthusiast

Jurisdiction: A canonical jurisdiction.

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »

Congratulations, Syriac.Aramaic., what monastery are you going to?  I've always wanted to visit St. Marks.

Someone once asked William Inge KCVO, the Dean of St. Paul's in London from 1911-1934, if he was an enthusiast of the study of the liturgy, and he replied, “No. Nor do I collect postage stamps.”
Syriac.Aramaic

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 08:01:54 AM »

Congratulations, Syriac.Aramaic., what monastery are you going to?  I've always wanted to visit St. Marks.
Thanks my friend. My priest called the syriac bishop of germany and he gladly welcomed me to his monastery mor Jakob in germany Warburg. Here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DayroMorJakob
But i will stay their just to test if i have a call , and if i have a call then i will either stay at that monastery or find another one with the help of the bishop in germany and my priest.

Severian
Aspiring Allopathic Ankle Orthodontist
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 04:55:20 PM »

Severian

Please pray for me.
Very well, God bless you.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

Lord, protect Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq.
Syriac.Aramaic

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 05:38:41 PM »

God bless you to severian, pray for me

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: