Author Topic: Searching for an Akathist to St Photini. Help please!  (Read 381 times)

Offline leap of faith

Searching for an Akathist to St Photini. Help please!
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:28:59 PM »
I've searched everywhere I know to search, as has our priest, and we cannot seem to find an Akathist to St. Photini.  Surely there must be one!  I would be immeasurably grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.  Oh, how much I would appreciate it!

Please move if this is the incorrect place to post this.  Since Akathists are a part of the liturgical life of the Church, it was my best guess.   :)

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Searching for an Akathist to St Photini. Help please!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:43:02 PM »
Try looking for it under the name St Svetlana, the Slavonic form of Photini:)
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to email me at the address in my profile.

Offline leap of faith

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »
Thank you for the suggestion.  Alas, I've tried it and every conceivable form/language I could find.  *sigh*

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:47 PM »
Thank you for the suggestion.  Alas, I've tried it and every conceivable form/language I could find.  *sigh*

There's a fair chance I have one on file in Slavonic, but it might take a little time for me to find it. If I do find it, would you be interested?

It's also worth remembering that large numbers of saints have no hymnography at all written specifically for them.
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to email me at the address in my profile.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • High Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:38:21 AM »
I've searched everywhere I know to search, as has our priest, and we cannot seem to find an Akathist to St. Photini.  Surely there must be one!  I would be immeasurably grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.  Oh, how much I would appreciate it!

Please move if this is the incorrect place to post this.  Since Akathists are a part of the liturgical life of the Church, it was my best guess.   :)

I sent you a PM.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 12:35:31 PM »
It would help a friend of mine, though she only speaks English.
Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us

Offline leap of faith

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:24:48 AM »
Thank you for the replies and the pm.  Yes, LBK.  If you ever happen upon it, I would love to have it.  Thank you!  It's always seemed odd to me that I haven't been able to find one.  Our priest was also unable to locate it.   :-\

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:48:58 AM »
Thank you, LBK. I got the one you sent and will try to share it today, although this is the day the priest is busiest. I will share it also with our Photini, although she does like to talk A LOT! So I will wait until after service.
Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 05:59:15 PM »
Thank you, LBK. I got the one you sent and will try to share it today, although this is the day the priest is busiest. I will share it also with our Photini, although she does like to talk A LOT! So I will wait until after service.

You must be confusing me with someone else. I haven't had the chance to look for the akathist, so I couldn't have sent it to you.  ???