OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 31, 2014, 12:23:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church Fathers' commentaries on the book of Isaiah and Jeremiah ?  (Read 2000 times) Average Rating: 0
Arnaud

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: None for now.. not yet chrismated and not yet a catechumen in church either.. it's been years I have been catechumenizing myself so to speak.. in doing research again and again.. hopefully one day I will be chrismated in one of the Oriental Orthodox Churches.. or who knows maybe in one of the Eastern Orthodox Churches.. but right now miaphysite christology seems right to me..

God is VERY GREAT and I am very small

« on: July 14, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »

Greetings everyone, in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, one God, amen.

I'm looking for commentaries of the Fathers of the Church on these two books. Can someone tell me where I can find that ? If possible, not only the commentaries of one Father, but many.

Thanks.

Mo'a Ambessa ze imnegede Yehuda !
The Lion of the tribe of Judah has conquered !
Mishakol

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: (closest church)

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:53:32 AM »

You may want to look here (this is a pretty good source for finding commentaries):

http://www.orthodoxpress.org/catalog/comment.htm

Check out THE JOHANNA MANLEY SERIES: ISAIAH THROUGH THE AGES (He uses a variety of Fathers. I highly recommend his writings)

And also: ANCIENT CHRISTIAN COMMENTARY ON SCRIPTURE.  (These use lots of Fathers, and even some heretical ones because it was made by heterodox Christians. Another down-side is that I found it is not a thorough commentary, it doesn't comment as many verses as it should)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:03:53 AM by Mishakol » Logged

"And in Him is no darkness at all,"--that is, no passion, no keeping up of evil respecting any one, [He] destroys no one but gives salvation to all. Light moreover signifies, either the precepts of the Law, or faith, or doctrine."

Clement Of Alexandria - Commentary on 1 John.
Arnaud

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: None for now.. not yet chrismated and not yet a catechumen in church either.. it's been years I have been catechumenizing myself so to speak.. in doing research again and again.. hopefully one day I will be chrismated in one of the Oriental Orthodox Churches.. or who knows maybe in one of the Eastern Orthodox Churches.. but right now miaphysite christology seems right to me..

God is VERY GREAT and I am very small

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »

Sorry for the delay of my answer and thank you very much. Finally I chose to order the book called "St. John Chrysostom homilies on Isaiah and Jeremiah" that seems very interesting and exactly in relation with what I was searching, that is, commentaries on the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah. It is true that it would have have been preferable for me to have commentaries of many different fathers on these books, so as to do a comparative study, but I have some trust in this man St. John Chrysostom, who, although surely not infaillible, was a very inspired person..

Here is the book I ordered : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1885652666/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

I was already registered on Amazon, so I bought via Amazon.

Anyway, thank you again and God bless you..

Mo'a Ambessa ze imnegede Yehuda !
The Lion of the tribe of Judah has conquered !
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: