OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 09:14:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 32262 times) Average Rating: 0
Dan the Man

Faith: Yes please
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church in the USA

« Reply #360 on: December 06, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »

I just reinstalled Age of Empires after not having played for a couple years, so I expect to be fully engrossed by that for some time.

Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
    Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
    the Lord will be my light.
Nephi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Chalcedonian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #361 on: December 06, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »

The Second icewind dale is much better than the first, reccomend it over the first any day.
I never could play IWD II all the way through, and I just can't stomach that opening town one more time...
Nephi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #362 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:37 PM »

It's on the list after ID II.

Divine Divinity should also be included somewhere on that list.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2012, 01:10:47 AM »

Nintendo blocking 18+ Wii U content in Europe until 11 p.m.

Nintendo of Europe is blocking Wii U content in the region that is rated PEGI 18+ between the hours of 3 a.m. and 11 p.m., according to a Eurogamer report. Under these stipulations, the four-hour window of 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. is the only time users can purchase games like ZombiU or Assassin's Creed III or even view trailers for such games...

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »

The Second icewind dale is much better than the first, reccomend it over the first any day.
I never could play IWD II all the way through, and I just can't stomach that opening town one more time...
Google "Targos be gone"

You're welcome (in case you ever give it another try).

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2012, 05:22:06 AM »

I have Kentucky 6-0 (4-0 SEC; 4-0 East), that is despite adding Virginia Tech and Florida State to the SEC (moved Missouri to the West and added FSU and VT to the obvious East with U of K). Beaten 4 ranked teams (all in top 15) in a row. Freshman Quarterback's accuracy is a little low, so I'm throwing a lot of interceptions, but luckily my freshman running back is a star (as well as my freshman receivers). Also, my young defense is lead by my star freshman, and Heisman candidate middle linebacker. Even if I finish this miracle run to the SEC championship, I am pretty sure an amazing LSU team (they are 6-0 (5-0 SEC; 4-0 West) and killing everyone) is going to stomp me...but I'll settle for a Sugar Bowl this year (LSU is going to get the Nat'l Champ. spot, I'm sure). Next year I am aiming for undefeated or bust, and a USC-esque dynasty. It will be tough though, with a 16 team death trap of an SEC (atleast 'Bamas run of FOUR straight SEC titles (THREE out of FOUR of those with National Titles)) looks as if it is coming to an end, praise Allah, they are 3-3 (1-3 SEC; 0-3 West).

Gosh, these video games make me miss my high school football years. Granted, the only schools I ever got offered scholarships to are too small for this game. laugh
macclesfieldfan1990
Moderated

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »

I have Kentucky 6-0 (4-0 SEC; 4-0 East), that is despite adding Virginia Tech and Florida State to the SEC (moved Missouri to the West and added FSU and VT to the obvious East with U of K). Beaten 4 ranked teams (all in top 15) in a row. Freshman Quarterback's accuracy is a little low, so I'm throwing a lot of interceptions, but luckily my freshman running back is a star (as well as my freshman receivers). Also, my young defense is lead by my star freshman, and Heisman candidate middle linebacker. Even if I finish this miracle run to the SEC championship, I am pretty sure an amazing LSU team (they are 6-0 (5-0 SEC; 4-0 West) and killing everyone) is going to stomp me...but I'll settle for a Sugar Bowl this year (LSU is going to get the Nat'l Champ. spot, I'm sure). Next year I am aiming for undefeated or bust, and a USC-esque dynasty. It will be tough though, with a 16 team death trap of an SEC (atleast 'Bamas run of FOUR straight SEC titles (THREE out of FOUR of those with National Titles)) looks as if it is coming to an end, praise Allah, they are 3-3 (1-3 SEC; 0-3 West).

Gosh, these video games make me miss my high school football years. Granted, the only schools I ever got offered scholarships to are too small for this game. laugh

^ NCAA Football 13 BTW laugh
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #367 on: December 09, 2012, 04:52:29 AM »

Ah.  No, that's an FPS game.  Telltale's is entirely different: story-driven drama relying mostly on dialogue choices, but they too are planning a 2013 release for the second season of their game.

I guess you'll have to save that video link for watching once you've finished the entire thing, then.  My advice for trouble-free gameplay: download all the episodes before playing anything (so that the patches are all applied and the risk for savegame quirks are minimised), then after a playthrough of each episode, back up your save games along with the very critical prefs.prof file.  Best of luck.

My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you!

Finished the thing already? :-)
SamB
High Elder

« Reply #368 on: December 09, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »

Well, at the risk of bastardising it with a context pertaining to contemporary entertainment, somebody suggested this song for a trailer when Telltale's second season of The Walking Dead game arrives. Yes, please.  Damn, yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmEhO1OiEkY

By the way, again, for those who've already played through the first season, or do not plan to and might find this interesting, give this little work of mine a look.  My ratings and stats could use an improvement.  Probably the best (likely only) use of the Τη Υπερμάχω Στρατηγώ for the rescoring of a video game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_oIKuZqpg
WeldeMikael
High Elder

« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2012, 06:22:11 AM »

I just reinstalled Age of Empires after not having played for a couple years, so I expect to be fully engrossed by that for some time.

Have a look at this : http://www.forgottenempires.net/
Dan the Man

Faith: Yes please
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church in the USA

« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »

Have a look at this : http://www.forgottenempires.net/
Yes sir, that would be precisely why I reinstalled. Grin I've been watching Forgotten Empires develop since last Summer, I'm really excited to see it finally ready for release.

Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
    Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
    the Lord will be my light.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #371 on: January 01, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »

I've just finished the first and started the second. The plot seems indeed to be better however I find the D&D 3.0 system quite weird.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #372 on: January 01, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »

Still playing Civ IV. I'm playing it right now, in fact. Well, not literally right now, as I'm typing right now. But after I hit the post button I will alt-tab my way back to the game. Then I'll be playing it...

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #373 on: January 01, 2013, 06:20:06 PM »

Still playing Civ IV. I'm playing it right now, in fact. Well, not literally right now, as I'm typing right now. But after I hit the post button I will alt-tab my way back to the game. Then I'll be playing it...

I installed Civ IV only hours ago. What a coincidence.

"Eheu fugaces, Postume, Postume,
labuntur anni"
-Horace, Odes II:14
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #374 on: January 01, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »

Still my favorite of the Civ games*, and I've been playing them since Civ I back in the early 90s

*I would even include Alpha Centauri and Colonization in this grouping

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #375 on: January 01, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »

Civ V is absolutely horrible, but CivIII was brilliant. I've played CivIV the most, though. I really like it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:29:16 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

labuntur anni"
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #376 on: January 01, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »

I started playing Halo 4. Does anyone here have Xbox LIVE? Send me a friend request--my gamertag is JRichards1996

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #377 on: January 01, 2013, 06:42:45 PM »

I got Madden 2013 and Dishonored for Christmas and a Pokemon Emerald ROM for my phone. Good stuff.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #378 on: January 01, 2013, 06:46:43 PM »

Rugby World Cup 2011

Still wish that the gaming companies could just have made one game, and have almost all the teams fully licensed, and with many more fun things(*cough* Tri Nations/Rugby Championship, Super Rugby, etc)

SCREW BON JOVI!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #379 on: January 01, 2013, 06:56:09 PM »

Rugby World Cup 2011

Still wish that the gaming companies could just have made one game, and have almost all the teams fully licensed, and with many more fun things(*cough* Tri Nations/Rugby Championship, Super Rugby, etc)

Maybe we will see that before too long. Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #380 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »

To everyone that talked about Crusader Kings... !#$^@%. I'm overcoming last week's addiction.

I'm going to need this.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #381 on: January 01, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »

To everyone that talked about Crusader Kings... !#$^@%. I'm overcoming last week's addiction.

Don't say I told you this. Wink

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/crusaderkings2cheatscodes.html#.UON5kr-9LTp

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #382 on: January 03, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »

"Steam is having a DAILY DEAL on the entire Civilization Franchise. All Civilization games are 75% OFF! Get it while it lasts!"

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wintersale2012_civilization

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #383 on: January 03, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »

"Steam is having a DAILY DEAL on the entire Civilization Franchise. All Civilization games are 75% OFF! Get it while it lasts!"

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wintersale2012_civilization

I really wanted to make a "your mom is 75% off" joke, but then I stopped myself. I'm trying to practice self-control.

I'm going to need this.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #384 on: January 03, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »

Dude.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #385 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »

4 Elements. And a zillion mahjong variations.

Chuzzle in zen mode is the zone.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
SamB
High Elder

« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

Well, at the risk of bastardising it with a context pertaining to contemporary entertainment, somebody suggested this song for a trailer when Telltale's second season of The Walking Dead game arrives. Yes, please.  Damn, yes!

By the way, again, for those who've already played through the first season, or do not plan to and might find this interesting, give this little work of mine a look.  My ratings and stats could use an improvement.  Probably the best (likely only) use of the Τη Υπερμάχω Στρατηγώ for the rescoring of a video game.

Just adding a new link to replace the one I had provided here before.  The first video was much too loud with the music, so I uploaded a reworked and balanced version vis a vis voice and music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66qQzpe6nkY
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:59:23 PM by SamB » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »

Finally got the hang of things in Crusader Kings II. In today's game, my character got murdered. The guy who paid for it became king. Now I'm doing better than ever.   Huh

WeldeMikael
High Elder

« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »

I switched to Homeworld, a classic I rediscovered.

Amazing game.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2013, 06:52:03 AM »

Finally got the hang of things in Crusader Kings II. In today's game, my character got murdered. The guy who paid for it became king.

I love it when that happens.

labuntur anni"
SamB
High Elder

« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:37 AM »

Well, at the risk of bastardising it with a context pertaining to contemporary entertainment, somebody suggested this song for a trailer when Telltale's second season of The Walking Dead game arrives. Yes, please.  Damn, yes!

By the way, again, for those who've already played through the first season, or do not plan to and might find this interesting, give this little work of mine a look.  My ratings and stats could use an improvement.  Probably the best (likely only) use of the Τη Υπερμάχω Στρατηγώ for the rescoring of a video game.

Just adding a new link to replace the one I had provided here before.  The first video was much too loud with the music, so I uploaded a reworked and balanced version vis a vis voice and music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66qQzpe6nkY

Have just finished 2 new themes, the first with violins backed by full oriental instrumental ensemble (the best, I think, of all the renditions put up), the second with an abrasively raw nai and some earlier portions of the final scene included. There are some alternative versions of each with different closing music or voice/music synchronisation. The links to those are in the video descriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA9n4xfuAFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3RxyK8N-AM
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2013, 05:19:32 AM »

been playing Assassin's Creed III on my new Wii-U.  Haven't had a lot of time to play it, but the little bit I have done is pretty awesome.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
Nephi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2013, 11:50:27 PM »

Google "Targos be gone"

I may have to give it a try if I can ever get around to playing through BG:EE first...
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »

been playing Assassin's Creed III on my new Wii-U.  Haven't had a lot of time to play it, but the little bit I have done is pretty awesome.
[spoiler]
after seeing the ending, I can no longer play any AC games and I have lost all love for the franchise
[/spoiler]

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2013, 11:55:39 PM »

I know I'm a little late on this, I had no idea this thread existed

do you guys believe the Fallout 4 rumors???

I hope Three Dog is right...

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #395 on: January 25, 2013, 01:36:51 AM »

Google "Targos be gone"

I may have to give it a try if I can ever get around to playing through BG:EE first...
BGEE is one of those games I had wished I had waited a month or two to play. The initial release was great, but the bugs were annoying to say the least (I believe they have been resolved as of now). Still, I will probably wait until several of my favorite mods become compatible before giving it another go. I don't know if you are the modding type, but the NPC Project and Unfinished Business will only add to your enjoyment of an otherwise masterpiece.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #396 on: February 23, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »

Journey is beautiful.  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mF8KkDiIdk

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #397 on: February 23, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »

Autobahn Polizei, Sleeping Dogs, and the favorite Skyrim.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #398 on: February 23, 2013, 08:13:05 PM »

I switched to Homeworld, a classic I rediscovered.

Amazing game.

Wow.  That's a blast from the past!

I've been playing Empire: Total War bringing colonial goodness to the Americas and India!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #399 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »

Hearts
Solitaire
Freecell

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #400 on: February 23, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »

Just played video darts in a Kinect Party game, and got a bulls-eye, for a 50-pt. achievement! Yay!  Cheesy

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »

I recently re-bought Dragon Age: Origins and have been playing that on and off. I'm also about to start me up a game of Civ IV here tonight.  I heard they're making a new version of Age of Empires 2 with improved graphics, but I also heard that it's like $20, so I'll pass on that. Also glad I passed on the new Simcity, apparently it's as buggy as ell.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:05:26 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »

Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.

THE LEGEND WILL NEVER DIE.

And I'm gonna fire up Timesplitters Future Perfect tonight.

Tomorrow PlanetSide 2, TF2 and CSGO

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

I found Red Dead Redemption for 16 bucks at Vacs and Videos. Never played a Rockstar game before, but I look forward to firing this one up.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2013, 05:42:08 PM »

I found Red Dead Redemption for 16 bucks at Vacs and Videos. Never played a Rockstar game before, but I look forward to firing this one up.
Its better than GTAIV. Did you get the GOTY edition?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: