Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 136226 times)

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Re: What video games are everyone playing lately?
« Reply #810 on: October 20, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »
So, I got the the Elite 4...beat all of them.  Got to the champion.  Beat 5/6 of the Pokemon.  My last Pokemon fainted.  Proceeded to hit fist on knee.  Turned off game.  Huh. :-\

The last game I completed was from Gen III. In gen IV I made all gym leaders but I stopped before the league because my emulator was too slow on my PC.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Nicene

• High Elder
« Reply #811 on: October 20, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »
Sonic Lost world at moment, its interesting to say the least.
Thank you.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
I still haven't done much in GTA V. Got to get back to it.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
  • A non-Chalcedonian in Chalcedonian clothing.
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #813 on: October 20, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »
Still at Dragon Age: Origins, about ~40 hours into it. I went Redcliffe Village > Circle > Redcliffe Castle > Haven > Orzammar.

And by God I didn't realize before how miserably long the Paragon-hunt quest is. Don't get me wrong, I think Orzammar is one of the most fleshed-out parts of the game, but good Lord they could not have made the dungeon crawling in the Deep Roads less enjoyable if they tried. I just started doing the Gauntlet, and I swear it took me hours just to get to this point, and that's without scouring every inch of every region like I generally do.

I still hated the Fade, but at least it didn't take this long.

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #814 on: October 21, 2013, 02:12:02 AM »
Mount and Blade Warband: Brytenwalda Mod.

PP

I played that too! Although, it crashed constantly for me so I gave up. Also, I wore one of those priests robes and rode a donkey XP hahahahaha it was so funny seeing my warriors follow me around pretending I was trying to protect the poor folks from  bandits, sadly I always play with realistic damage so one or two shots from an arrow and I die. Anyway, It just reminded me of a certain battle during the First Crusade, where a priest rode a donkey in the middle of the battle to inspire the crusaders, and he was shot very quickly by a large number of arrows

I am a demonic servant! Beware!

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2013, 02:12:47 AM »
Sid Meier's Pirates.  Playing the heck out of that game.

I remember playing that when I was like 14... and oh the daughters of certain governers.. o la la... hahahaha

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2013, 02:14:16 AM »
I've sunk enough time into Crusader Kings 2 to last the rest of my life and though I've manage to quit it at times, it seems I've fallen off the wagon again.

The lives (and deaths; oh, so many deaths) of the descendant dynasts of my Serbian alter-ego are just too delicious!

I hope you downloaded a mod to make the orthodox bishops have more accurate vestments!!! I cannot play orthodox characters without it!!! It drives me insane!

Same with there being patriarchs of ... what is it, that kingdom in asia minor you can create... anyway it is nonsense there ia patriarch there if you create the kingdom title... and mesopotamia and junk like that ... all these nonsensical borders for chuch jurisdiction... ICK! IT REMINDS ME OF THE UNITED STATES
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:15:42 AM by Gunnarr »

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
Downloading World of Planes as we speak

HISSS HISSS WARTHUNDER IS BETTER HISS HISS HISS

I'm waiting for World of Warships.  My friend has been enjoying Warthunder.

Alas, I have been stuck in the land of antiquated computers for several months now.   I am noticing disturbing changes in my social life, like, I kind of have one.  And I am building and making things.  This is all so very weird...

I should get an antiquated computer, I need to do like you!

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »
I reinstalled Civ III

better than Civ V

;)

Have you played BNW?

No, I don't want to spend more than 60 dollars which I already payed into that game for more of their dlcs. There are just too many little things that annoy me about Civ V. The music. Who they chose to be leaders for nations. but the thing I hate most... THE LIMITING OF HOW MANY CITIES YOU CAN HAVE. No more is there vast empires, since you get huge penalties for having like what, over 5 cities??!?!? bah! And the person who led the design of Civ V also talked about this limitation they put in. that is, the penalty to happiness if your empire gets too big. they did it to make it so smaller countries had a chance. but they realize, it made it unwise to have large civilizations by doing this . I just don't like the way it plays out. Also for once, I wish the graphics were not so blown out.

and another thing to rant about, WHY WOULD THEY TAKE OUT RELIGION AND MAKE ONE  BUY A DLC TO GET IT!!! Come on!! It was in Civ IV, you think they would have put it in the base Civ V!  I'm not going to pay them for doing that, I would rather stick to the older Civs

one last thing, they made Theodora look like a very bad lady... revealing clothes. AIOSDGHOADSIHADF WHY WOULD YOU BASE THEODORA ON SOME PAINTING FROM A FRENCHMAN OF THE 17TH CENTURY

the end.

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #819 on: October 29, 2013, 02:30:04 PM »
Terrible news!

The new Crusader Kings 2 DLC will add holy orders for all religions.... including orthodox!  :o :o :o :o :o

Apparently, the "Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre" was a military order!

:'( :'( :'(

I'm going to have to delete that order from the code!

Offline WeldeMikael

• High Elder
« Reply #820 on: October 29, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »
Female bishops with Cathars.

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #821 on: October 29, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
Female bishops with Cathars.

don't remind me! LOL

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #822 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »
Galactic Civilization II

I'm going old school.
God bless!

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #823 on: October 29, 2013, 03:51:07 PM »

Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #824 on: October 29, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »

yes yes, it is funny, but, i don't think they numbered in thousands and held swords horses and bows to fight muslims under contract of the Emperor lol

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #825 on: November 18, 2013, 11:05:10 PM »
I just saw a Wii U commercial for Christmas.

They astound me. Truly they do.

Their biggest problem... well other than the lack of games... is their terrible marketing. People just didn't know what it was. I looked at the box in Walmart one day and I understood the confusion: there's a huge controller taking up most of the attention, with the actual console tucked in behind it. How would people know that it's not just a...

[ARGH]

Just a...

[ARGH!!!]

AN UPGRADE. That's the word they used in the commercial! UPGRADE! Why should you buy a Wii U? What did the kids in the commercial say? Yes they mentioned games and such. But they also said... it's an upgrade. Not a NEW CONSOLE. Now a BETTER CONSOLE than the Wii. No. An upgrade.

Upgrade.

Their marketing department needs an upgrade.

I feel better now. ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:07:12 PM by Asteriktos »

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #826 on: November 18, 2013, 11:08:49 PM »
The Xbox 360 outsold the Wii U last month. Its pathetic.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #827 on: November 18, 2013, 11:22:46 PM »
Total Annihilation (PC).
Liberty or Death (SNES).

That's about it lately.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #828 on: November 18, 2013, 11:25:34 PM »
I've been running around GTA V in tanks and buses causing mayhem, mostly for lack of something else to do. Around Christmas time I hope to get the added material for Skyrim (none of which I've played yet), and also the added material to the original Dragon Age, which I haven't played in a couple years and no longer have. Maybe I should make myself find two of the letter scraps and two spaceship parts per day in GTA or something until then. I never did get to 100% either.

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Νέος Άνκορεϊτζίτης
  • High Elder
  • Matthew 27:52-53
  • Faith: Like unto Neronov
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite, Chapelist ("Double-Crossers")
« Reply #829 on: November 19, 2013, 12:04:33 AM »
I've been running around GTA V in tanks and buses causing mayhem, mostly for lack of something else to do. Around Christmas time I hope to get the added material for Skyrim (none of which I've played yet), and also the added material to the original Dragon Age, which I haven't played in a couple years and no longer have. Maybe I should make myself find two of the letter scraps and two spaceship parts per day in GTA or something until then. I never did get to 100% either.

There is only one way to play Skyrim properly. You must stuff it so full of mods that it becomes nigh unrecognizable.

At one point I had over 330 of them running concurrently. Come winter break I just might go down that rabbit hole again.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:04:52 AM by Hawkeye »
"Take heed, you who listen to me: Our misfortune is inevitable, we cannot escape it. If God allows scandals, it is that the elect shall be revealed. Let them be burned, let them be purified, let them who have been tried be made manifest among you."   - The Life of the Archpriest Avvakum by Himself

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #830 on: November 19, 2013, 02:53:50 AM »

while you are running around in grand theft auto in a tank, I am commanding armies of tanks in Hearts of Iron III!!!

and losing to a nazi invasion  :'(

I knew I shouldn't have joined the Allies!!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:54:05 AM by Gunnarr »

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #831 on: November 19, 2013, 03:07:49 AM »
OH MY ---

I noticed, the new dlc for Crusader Kings 2 is out, which is a religious dlc!

I am going to play that instead of hoi 3. They even added jews! But, sadly, if you rebuild the Temple of God your high priest, and all the rabbis, still look like orthodox bishops with crowns... lazy swedish developers!

Offline WeldeMikael

• High Elder
« Reply #832 on: November 19, 2013, 07:05:22 AM »
Trying hard with Isaac, Jewish Khazar duke in 1066.. (CK2)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #833 on: November 21, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #834 on: November 21, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »
Knights of the Old Republic.

I like it.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #835 on: November 21, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »

I like it.

I liked it and the second is even better.  Can't wait til I get a new computer and can play The Old Republic online again.  (A lot of people griped, but I loved that game too.)

Beat the campaign in Empire at War as Imperials the other night and am now playing Tropico again.  The best part of my computer dying a horrible death is that now I get to roll all those old games I used to play.  Thus far:

AoE II
Sid Meier's Pirates
Empire at War
now Tropico
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #836 on: November 21, 2013, 10:57:57 AM »
AoE II

I saw a rerelease of that at Walmart for like $10 a few days ago. Nearly a decade and a half old and still being sold. Outstanding.

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Νέος Άνκορεϊτζίτης
  • High Elder
  • Matthew 27:52-53
  • Faith: Like unto Neronov
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite, Chapelist ("Double-Crossers")
« Reply #837 on: November 22, 2013, 06:36:43 AM »

I like it.

Oh yeah, it's great. Got me into video gaming, being the first major title I had played that wasn't on my grandparent's Gameboy.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:39:41 AM by Hawkeye »
"Take heed, you who listen to me: Our misfortune is inevitable, we cannot escape it. If God allows scandals, it is that the elect shall be revealed. Let them be burned, let them be purified, let them who have been tried be made manifest among you."   - The Life of the Archpriest Avvakum by Himself

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #838 on: November 23, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »
This morning, I played a couple hours of the Elder Scrolls Online Beta. It's neat.  ;D
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Laird

• Elder
  • Lord have mercy
« Reply #839 on: November 24, 2013, 01:03:02 AM »
Anybody play any old school? Or am I the only one? I have a nintendo 64 and PS 1. I play Driver, Donkey Kong, Bomberman Fantasy Race, Dukes of Hazard, Star Fox, and a car racing game I can't remember the name of.
"Do not deceive yourself with idle hopes that in the world to come you will find life if you have not tried to find it in this present world." - Theophanis the Monk

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #840 on: November 24, 2013, 01:05:39 AM »
Anybody play any old school? Or am I the only one? I have a nintendo 64 and PS 1. I play Driver, Donkey Kong, Bomberman Fantasy Race, Dukes of Hazard, Star Fox, and a car racing game I can't remember the name of.

My last post mentioned me playing Liberty or Death for the SNES, which I soon stopped and played Gemfire for it instead. Also started playing Front Mission 3 (PSX) lately.

Although I really dislike N64 with few exceptions (I love Pokemon Snap).

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #841 on: November 24, 2013, 01:19:11 AM »

I liked Shark! Shark! for the Intellivision. My brother and I would play it for hours on early Saturday mornings.

First great video golf game.

Way better than that Colecovision or Atari junk.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:19:28 AM by orthonorm »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #842 on: November 24, 2013, 01:22:07 AM »

I sometimes played emulated stuff, but it's been a while. Usually Dragon Warrior 3 (NES), Aerobiz Supersonic (SNES I think), Contra (NES), Super Mario Brothers 2 (NES)...  

I think I played Mario and Dig Dug for the Atari at some point a couple years ago, but my brain might be misremembering. It's been a while since I've played it a ton though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:23:01 AM by Asteriktos »

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #843 on: November 24, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »

I have a Nintendo, and I had a Nintedo 64 as well.

On the Nintendo, I would just play Mario, the Italian Papist Plumber.

On the Nintendo 64 though, my favorite was a game called "Battlezone" and expansion "Rise of the Black Dogs" a wonderful game set in the planets of our solar system, in a scenario where the United States and the Soviet Union fought in space over planets/resources and later they find, alien technology they fight over. The Black dogs, I do not remember the story exactly with them.

I used to rent it, but bought it off of ebay. I don't know how expensive it could be now but I would guess quite expensive but I heard you can play in on the PC somewhere. But it was a childhood favorite

Offline ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #844 on: November 25, 2013, 01:24:04 AM »
I've been replaying "Fable: The Lost Chapters". What a wonderful, simple, and simply wonderful game.  :)
Sincerely your brother in Christ,
Tim

"I cannot persuade myself that without love to others, and without, as far as rests with me, peaceableness towards all, I can be called a worthy servant of Jesus Christ."
- St. Basil the Great

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #845 on: November 25, 2013, 01:33:14 AM »
Found some mods and stuff for Gemfire. Boy do I love this game more than I should, even though the battles do look this majestic:

Would anyone be interested in a thread of "Guess This Game?" where posts a screenshot, the others guess until someone gets it correct, then the one that got it correct repeat the process, etc. Just thought I'd see. Oh, but we'd have to have the rule of no using Google image search, which didn't exist years ago when I played this on another forum.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:33:41 AM by Nephi »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #846 on: November 25, 2013, 01:37:41 AM »
I'd be game for that!

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #847 on: November 27, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »
LOL at this old news report on video games from 1991...

Parents Upset Over New Nintendo Console

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #848 on: November 28, 2013, 02:18:26 AM »

thanks! that was fun to watch

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #849 on: November 28, 2013, 02:22:24 AM »

I was in tears at the F-Zero segment. Amazing find!
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #850 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26:30 AM »
The Steam Autumn Sale is upon us.
Tim

"I cannot persuade myself that without love to others, and without, as far as rests with me, peaceableness towards all, I can be called a worthy servant of Jesus Christ."
- St. Basil the Great

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #851 on: November 28, 2013, 02:33:38 AM »
And a ton more hackers in CSGO, lovely.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #852 on: November 28, 2013, 03:30:28 AM »
And a ton more hackers in CSGO, lovely.

CSGO???
Tim

- St. Basil the Great

Offline WeldeMikael

• High Elder
« Reply #853 on: November 28, 2013, 05:42:53 AM »
Counter Strike Global Offensive.

Offline ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #854 on: November 28, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »
Counter Strike Global Offensive.

Thanks. Yeah, hackers can make things not so fun. That is why even though I'd like to try out Guild Wars 2, I haven't been able to get in on their limited free trials. They keep a tight ship with those, because of said hackers.
Tim

- St. Basil the Great