OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 06:11:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 29952 times) Average Rating: 0
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #630 on: August 08, 2013, 03:09:43 PM »

I've seen EU series being sold in stores, but I've never played it.  Is in any good? It seems to be somewhat similar to the Total War series minus the combat portion and more fleshed out on the diplomatic side.  Is that an accurate evaluation?

Try the demo and you can find out for yourself Cheesy.
That means I have to go find the website, click the download button, run the installer... Whew!  I'm exhausted just thinking about it!  Grin

Lol. Tongue Well basically yes, it's similar to Total War with much more emphasis on macromanagement- diplomacy, trade, religion, exploration/colonization, etc. Much more work is put into historical accuracy and plausibility than in the TW games. It's also broader in scope- you can play any nation in the world between 1444 and 1821.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:14:34 PM by NightOwl » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #631 on: August 09, 2013, 05:56:59 AM »

Why are they turning all my favorite game franchises into MMOs? Sad  Next up: Civilization...
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #632 on: August 09, 2013, 06:10:01 AM »

Why are they turning all my favorite game franchises into MMOs? Sad  Next up: Civilization...

Angry

On a temporary/semi-permanent/permanent vacation from OC.net.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #633 on: August 09, 2013, 09:22:49 AM »

Angry
+100

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
ThatOneGuy92

Faith: Lutheran
Jurisdiction: Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod

« Reply #634 on: August 09, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »

Recently, when Steam had its Summer Sale, I purchased the legendary edition of Skyrim. So, I have been playing that. A LOT. As in, I've had the game maybe a few weeks, and have logged 35 hours. Which may not seem like much, but when one is playing on a laptop....  Grin

Sincerely your brother in Christ,
Tim

"I cannot persuade myself that without love to others, and without, as far as rests with me, peaceableness towards all, I can be called a worthy servant of Jesus Christ."
- St. Basil the Great
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #635 on: August 12, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »

Well, here is me actually playing Battlefield4free: http://youtu.be/rsOuZ5q3j58
Nicene
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #636 on: August 14, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »

Recently, when Steam had its Summer Sale, I purchased the legendary edition of Skyrim. So, I have been playing that. A LOT. As in, I've had the game maybe a few weeks, and have logged 35 hours. Which may not seem like much, but when one is playing on a laptop....  Grin

Get ready to spend 70 more hours.

Thank you.
Nicene
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #637 on: August 14, 2013, 03:01:44 PM »

Playing Tales of Xillia (Symphonia is still the best tales game so far) and Pikmin three. Good to see some decent wii U games coming out this month, rayman legends and Wonderful 101.

Thank you.
xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #638 on: August 14, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »

Rune Factory and Harvest Moon.

"[The Lord] shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4, Micah 4:3)
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #639 on: August 14, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »

Trying to finish some of my game's achievements on Xbox 360, so I'm playing through Crackdown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Rising and State of Decay. I need just one achievement to complete Bioshock, but it isn't really an easy one and requires a new playthrough. I have completed achievements on Crysis, Minecraft and Assassin's Creed II so far. It's getting hard to keep up with the free games Microsoft is giving out each month. Plus that I've been buying some of the games that have been on sale for real cheap, or buying really cheap ones on sale at the store.

I'm in the World of Tanks for the 360 Beta testing, so I've been playing that. Played it for a long time on the PC, kind of wishing they tied my accounts together so I could have the nice tanks on the 360 that I have on the PC, maybe they'll eventually change that once it's out of Beta.

I also have kind of been playing Cube World on the PC for a more relaxing, fun game.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:06:54 PM by 88Devin12 » Logged
John of Patmos
Sinful Newbie

Jurisdiction: Greek (not yet catechumen)

Saint Polycarp, my patron

« Reply #640 on: August 14, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »

Final fantasy tactics A2...old but good

Holy Father John Chrysostom, intercede for me!
That map ialmisry posted just makes me want to play Crusader Kings II.
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »

I got EUIV... but I don't really like it, too similar to EUIII, and it runs poorly on my computer, worse than the demo it seems. That's probably not a bad thing, I need to quit computer/video games for good anyway.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #642 on: August 14, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »

Ducktales Remastered is getting some average/poor reviews  Undecided
ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #643 on: August 14, 2013, 05:12:33 PM »

Get ready to spend 70 more hours.

I am prepared.  Grin

Tim

"I cannot persuade myself that without love to others, and without, as far as rests with me, peaceableness towards all, I can be called a worthy servant of Jesus Christ."
- St. Basil the Great
ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #644 on: August 14, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »

I could never quite get into Rune Factory. But, Harvest Moon... I LOVE me some Harvest Moon! Which one are you playing through?

Tim

- St. Basil the Great
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #645 on: August 15, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »

How could they screw that up?

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #646 on: August 15, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »

How could they screw that up?

Once everyone got past the nostalgia, they realized that the gameplay and humor from the 80's do not age well.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #647 on: August 15, 2013, 10:19:21 AM »

And one from the other game that I play, Need for Speed World: http://youtu.be/m-ZnE7MxoMg
xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #648 on: August 15, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »

I could never quite get into Rune Factory. But, Harvest Moon... I LOVE me some Harvest Moon! Which one are you playing through?

I am playing Friends of Mineral Town.

"[The Lord] shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4, Micah 4:3)
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #649 on: August 16, 2013, 01:33:28 AM »

I've started playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It does a lot of stuff really well and a lot of stuff pretty abysmally. Fun for now, though.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #650 on: August 16, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »

Still been playing Civ IV a lot...  though it's maddening to play 12 hours of game time only to get beat about 4 turns before you were going to win the game.  Angry
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:18:47 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #651 on: August 16, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »

Age of Empires II, because my old computer can run it.  Classic.  Been whooping some bottom as the Britons.  I used to play Vikings or Byzantines back in the day, but I find that as I get older, I like to sit back and shoot things.  Hard to beat a longbow for that!
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #652 on: August 16, 2013, 10:18:21 PM »

Why are all the gamers on this forum big strategy nerds? Come join me in the mystical land of RPGs.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Nephi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Auntie Oak

« Reply #653 on: August 16, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »

Why are all the gamers on this forum big strategy nerds? Come join me in the mystical land of RPGs.

Hey now, while I'm also a strategy buff, I think most of my posts in this thread have actually been RPG-related.

Liberalochian: Unionist-Ecumenism Lite™
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #654 on: August 16, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »

I enjoy RPGs as well, though I am somewhat selective.  police As for upcoming RPGs... I probably won't have a computer good enough to handle Elder Scrolls Online; I am definitely looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition in 2014; and I am keeping an eye on the development of an RPG titled Mistborn: Birthright, due in 2015.
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #655 on: August 16, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »

I enjoy RPGs as well, though I am somewhat selective.  police As for upcoming RPGs... I probably won't have a computer good enough to handle Elder Scrolls Online; I am definitely looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition in 2014; and I am keeping an eye on the development of an RPG titled Mistborn: Birthright, due in 2015.

I think you and I are this forum's resident Dragon Age fans.

Nephi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #656 on: August 16, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »

Once again I'm overlooked... Cool

Reminds me of a scene from the Big Bang Theory... not that anyone cares.

William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #657 on: August 16, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

Hey Asteriktos, did you hear anything? Huh

ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #658 on: August 17, 2013, 06:55:32 PM »

I am playing Friends of Mineral Town.

Quite acceptable. I loved that game. Although, it technically was my sister's, but I taught her the virtue of sharing...  Grin

I am currently playing through Mineral Town. I've been trying to beat that game for ~8 years. Every time I get to the end, my memory card always somehow corrupted, and thus I had to buy a new one and start over. The agony. You have no idea.

Tim

- St. Basil the Great
ThatOneGuy92

« Reply #659 on: August 17, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »

I still haven't gotten through the first Dragon Age. I got about a third of the way through, and then the game wouldn't work. I haven't really tried it on my new computer, mostly because I already know what happens (up until that point), and it seems like a drag to do it over again (especially when it is technically my first play-through still). Someday, maybe. Someday.

Tim

- St. Basil the Great
John of Patmos
Sinful Newbie

« Reply #660 on: August 17, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »

Good for you. I have played Skyrim for a gazillion, zillion hours. I almost look up for dragons when I leave the house.  Smiley
I never played it...is it worth it?  I inherit my brother's ps3 this Christmas!
And I'm dying to play Crusader Kings II, but alas my computer is garbage.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:49:38 PM by John of Patmos » Logged

John of Patmos
Sinful Newbie

« Reply #661 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50:41 PM »

I love both...Final Fantasy tactics is a good mix, IMO.

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #662 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »

I played a crazy amount of LOTRO, but burnt out on it.  I felt as if it was destroying the mystique of Middle Earth in my mind.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
WPM
Archon

« Reply #663 on: August 20, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »

It would be an online strategy game.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:08:16 AM by WPM » Logged
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #664 on: August 20, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »

I played Dragon Age Origins, I'm stopped in the Dwarven highways section. I just got distracted by other games, I'll eventually get  back to it so I can get as many achievements as possible for the 360.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #665 on: August 20, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »

Europa Universalis IV. It feels more like Europa Universalis 3.5.

On a temporary/semi-permanent/permanent vacation from OC.net.
Nephi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #666 on: August 20, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »

I played Dragon Age Origins, I'm stopped in the Dwarven highways section. I just got distracted by other games, I'll eventually get  back to it so I can get as many achievements as possible for the 360.

The Orzammar part of the game was probably my favorite, next to that village with the cultists.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #667 on: August 20, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »

As long as you don't say you liked the fade. As part of the mage origin story it wasn't bad, but as an entire things? I actually love the tower of mages part up till that point, then... meh. Changing to different things is cool and all, but overall... meh. MEH.  Cool
WeldeMikael
High Elder

« Reply #668 on: August 20, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »

Europa Universalis IV.

Awesome.
Nephi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #669 on: August 20, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »

As long as you don't say you liked the fade. As part of the mage origin story it wasn't bad, but as an entire things? I actually love the tower of mages part up till that point, then... meh. Changing to different things is cool and all, but overall... meh. MEH.  Cool

I was just complaining about this to someone the other day. For PC users, thank God for Skip the Fade. It was neat enough the first time, but never again.

88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #670 on: August 20, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »

I was just complaining about this to someone the other day. For PC users, thank God for Skip the Fade. It was neat enough the first time, but never again.

Playing on the 360, there's no chance for mods. But you can use exploits to help you through.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2013, 03:49:30 PM »

Random battles at Pokemon Showdown.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #672 on: August 20, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »

Vancouver 2010. Fun stuff, although it didn't have all the events, maybe 1/2 of them. I just got the hang of the bobsled. Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #673 on: August 20, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »

I didn't hate the Fade like everyone else seems to. I thought it was interesting getting some insight into the party members' desires and fears. Plus we got to kind of see Weisshaupt.

Still, the Deep Roads give me some of my fondest virtual adventuring memories. Both DA games did them pretty well.

Nephi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #674 on: August 21, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »

Just finished Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker.

Now I'm deciding between DQ I and IX...

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: