OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 10, 2014, 01:18:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 29569 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »

Diablo 3...

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »

Does online Chess count?  I think that once you hit 35 and you're still playing video games, you live a sad existence.  No doubt about it once you hit 40yrs old.  I know I'll get flamed for saying that, but I ain't budging so save the drama for your mammas.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »

Does online Chess count?  I think that once you hit 35 and you're still playing video games, you live a sad existence.  No doubt about it once you hit 40yrs old.  I know I'll get flamed for saying that, but I ain't budging so save the drama for your mammas.
Yet the average gamer is in his 30s.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2012, 06:44:36 PM »

If I ever left my mom's basement you would be in real trouble!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:45:15 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: Right-glorifying Christian

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »

Why? It's just a hobby. You could say the same for movies or TV. Why the arbitrary age? Is it not sad when a 34 year old or an 18 year spends hours on end playing videogames?

I wish you'd all just shut up. Then at least you would appear to be wise. - Job 13:5 ISV
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2012, 06:52:28 PM »

It's great that I'm not old enough to play bingo and not feel sad about it.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »

Why? It's just a hobby. You could say the same for movies or TV.

Or posting on a religious forum. But I don't think you're going to get anywhere, you're too immature to understand his sophisticated and subtle sensibilities...  Cool

[/flaming]
[/drama]
[/common sense]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:58:03 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »

Sometimes I do think that the amount of time I spend posting on a religious forum does, in fact, give me a sad existence. It'd probably be happier (and less monotonous) if I played more video games.

I wish you'd all just shut up. Then at least you would appear to be wise. - Job 13:5 ISV
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »

Sometimes I do think that the amount of time I spend posting on a religious forums does, in fact, give me a sad existence. It'd probably be happier (and less monotonous) if I played more video games.
There ya go.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »

Diablo 3...

What's your user name?

I'm going to need this.
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »

Trying to decide if I should finish my current Tales of Vesperia file or begin a new one.
Someone reminded me that if I complete the current file, I can go to new game+. I like this idea.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Protestant, for now...

« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »

New animated trailer for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animated_B2W2_trailer_now_officially_available

Grin Grin Grin

I'm not posting on oc.net for the time being. Thank you to everyone for your support!
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »

Diablo 3...

What's your user name?
I'm on there, too. Cheesy My name is Doxasykyrie. I'm trying to fight the butcher with a Barbarian by myself. :/ No luck so far. Is there a way for you to help?

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »

Diablo 3...

What's your user name?
I'm on there, too. Cheesy My name is Doxasykyrie. I'm trying to fight the butcher with a Barbarian by myself. :/ No luck so far. Is there a way for you to help?

In Christ,
Andrew

Yah. I beat it on Normal with my Monk. Doing it again with a mage. Tongue

BTW, you need the # with the name. (Mine is Mjolnir#1209)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:19:16 PM by Aindriú » Logged

I'm going to need this.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »

Diablo III - vamrat#1803.

I am still in the first act with a Lv. 9 Barbarian.

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »

Dragon's Dogma, lv 23 Mystic Knight Smiley

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »

Starship Titanic. Old school!  Smiley Rest in peace, Douglas Adams.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »

PP

I saw one of my XBL friends playing this. How is it?

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »

PP

I saw one of my XBL friends playing this. How is it?
I really like it. The combat is pretty realistic (as far as fireball throwing dragon fighting can be anyways), the world is big, but kind of hard to get around, the monsters are tough (but not Dark Souls tough) and they story is ok (its a little...Japaneesey......). All in all, a good solid 7.5 or 8. A good game, not a great one.

In all honesty, this is just till Guild Wars 2 comes out Smiley

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »

Nintendo's Initial E3 presentation for the Wii U. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD1_st1cO04&feature=g-all-lik

In summary: more social networking stuff I don't really care about, more casual gaming *pukes*, samey looking graphics (though that trailer with Link and the spider looks pretty smexy), interesting looking new control features (kind of excited about that), hilarious little movie about a third of the way through (Right, Mr. Non-Specific Action Figure?)

All in all, it was alright. I guess I'll buy one.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:18:26 PM by Volnutt » Logged

I'm not posting on oc.net for the time being. Thank you to everyone for your support!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2012, 10:21:17 PM »

Some good, cheap games I got from Just Adventure. Darkfall: Lights Out is simple in graphics, but is based on a poem and has a creepy mystery plot. I like that sort of thing.  Smiley

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »

I'm going to wait until the real E3 confrences start tomorrow to make a decision.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »

I finally decided that clocking in 100 hours into Skyrim was enough. I'll get the 15 remaining achievements later.

Now onto Halo Anniversary.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »

Some good, cheap games I got from Just Adventure. Darkfall: Lights Out is simple in graphics, but is based on a poem and has a creepy mystery plot. I like that sort of thing.  Smiley
Oh, I'm certainly not against simple graphics (I'll take good gameplay and story over graphics any day if I have to choose). In fact, simple graphics make me pleasantly nostalgic.

It's just disappointing that Nintendo isn't rising to the current industry standard for resolution for seemingly no good reason at all. It's turning developers away from a company that hasn't had a pleasant history with them as it is.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »

Oh, I'm certainly not against simple graphics (I'll take good gameplay and story over graphics any day if I have to choose). In fact, simple graphics make me pleasantly nostalgic.

It's just disappointing that Nintendo isn't rising to the current industry standard for resolution for seemingly no good reason at all. It's turning developers away from a company that hasn't had a pleasant history with them as it is.
What are you talking about? Wii U is going to be in full 1080p

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2012, 11:13:35 PM »

It is? I thought developers were saying it isn't up to snuff compared to the Xbox and PS3.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2012, 11:16:48 PM »

I'd like to take a bit of a straw poll. How many Pokemon fans here wish there was a main series Pokemon game (not a spinoff like Mystery Dungeon) where instead of turn-based combat, you could directly control your Pokemon?

How many want the ability to carry more than six Pokemon at a time?

Finally, how many wish Pokemon could have more than four moves at a time?

Just curious.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »

I'd like to take a bit of a straw poll. How many Pokemon fans here wish there was a main series Pokemon game (not a spinoff like Mystery Dungeon) where instead of turn-based combat, you could directly control your Pokemon?

Just curious.

The first one would be nice, the second one I hadn't really thought about, but I agree, and the third one: DEFINITELY!

Anyways, I really wish Sega would introduce another awesome system...it's a shame they stopped their console design and production.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »

Just curious.

The first one would be nice, the second one I hadn't really thought about, but I agree, and the third one: DEFINITELY!

Anyways, I really wish Sega would introduce another awesome system...it's a shame they stopped their console design and production.
Yeah, I know. The Dreamcast had a lot of potential, too bad it got cut down in its prime. Now, if only Sonic Team could continue staying out the liquor cabinet...

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:24 PM »

Just curious.

Yeah, I know. The Dreamcast had a lot of potential, too bad it got cut down in its prime. Now, if only Sonic Team could continue staying out the liquor cabinet...

Indeed.

I also wish that cartridges would come back.  But that hope is probably way out of the realm of possibility.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »

I also wish that cartridges would come back.
Why?

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »

Why?

Aesthetics. There's something about pressing a small square block thing that goes click, which is much more fun than watching a download bar go bleeeeeep.  Wink Just my opinion.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2012, 12:25:06 AM »

Why?

ROM cartridges allow for near-instant load times and use less of the processing power of the console, and they are hardier (though disks are becoming  more difficult to damage, it seems).

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2012, 12:26:02 AM »

Why?

Aesthetics. There's something about pressing a small square block thing that goes click, which is much more fun than watching a download bar go bleeeeeep.  Wink Just my opinion.
Good point lol.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »

It is? I thought developers were saying it isn't up to snuff compared to the Xbox and PS3.
Where in the world did you hear that? Yeah it's native 1080p. Thank God.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2012, 12:27:44 AM »

Why?

ROM cartridges allow for near-instant load times and use less of the processing power of the console, and they are hardier (though disks are becoming  more difficult to damage, it seems).
Yeah, but a modern game would need to come on like five of them that you'd have to switch out for another every five screens (assuming that the retention time after a cartridge is taken out could be lengthened), wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:28:40 AM by Volnutt » Logged

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »

Justin, I think. It's somewhere in this thread.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2012, 12:30:30 AM »

I'm going to beat him up.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2012, 12:30:44 AM »

Why?

ROM cartridges allow for near-instant load times and use less of the processing power of the console, and they are hardier (though disks are becoming  more difficult to damage, it seems).
Yeah, but a modern game would need to come on like five of them that you'd have to switch out for another every five screens (assuming that the retention time after a cartridge is taken out could be lengthened), wouldn't it?
you always could adapt the type of technology we have for flash drives

i have saw 64 gig flash drives out there, as compared to a dual layer blu ray at 50gig
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:22 AM »

Why?

i have saw 64 gig flash drives out there, as compared to a dual layer blu ray at 50gig
True.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:49 AM »

I'm going to beat him up.
lol

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2012, 12:44:49 AM »

Why?

You beat me to it.  Whenever I bring up my fondness for cartridges, everyone seems to think the technology stalled in the 90's.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »

E3
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:34:42 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »

DL'd a NES emulator for my phone and have been playing Destiny of an Emperor.  It's amazing how after 25 years, I still remember the details of the game.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »

DL'd a NES emulator for my phone and have been playing Destiny of an Emperor.  It's amazing how after 25 years, I still remember the details of the game.

I've got the Atari app for the iPod Touch. It has 100 games from the 2600.  Grin

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: