OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 01:19:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 32810 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2012, 07:41:40 PM »

I haven't gotten any new games in a while. Guess I'll fire up my Game Fly queue again.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »

Skyrim + Hoarders = Win

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

I'm a huge archer in Skyrim, which bow, upgrade and enchantment combination would you gents say works the best? Right now I'm using a legendary Daedric bow with a soul capture enchantment and an Orcish helmet of archery.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2012, 11:05:38 AM »

I'm a huge archer in Skyrim, which bow, upgrade and enchantment combination would you gents say works the best? Right now I'm using a legendary Daedric bow with a soul capture enchantment and an Orcish helmet of archery.
I happen to enjoy being a wood elf with enchantment skills. You can really power up your archery by disenchanting a lightning item and a helmet of archery. Mix that with the dark brother hood armor and you're pretty nasty.

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »

I just smash things.

I'm going to need this.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »

I just smash things.
That always works Smiley

Nordic 2 handed happiness....it never gets old.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »

Have you ever shot arrows into people's knees?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »

Have you ever shot arrows into people's knees?
I try to stay away from that because the employment market for city guards are flooded....

PP

Gregory the Great

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »

Dragon Age 3 Info...

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »

I did not care for DA 2....I hope they bring back the spirit of the first game, which was great Smiley

PP

Gregory the Great

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »

I did not care for DA 2....I hope they bring back the spirit of the first game, which was great Smiley

PP

I'll have to admit, when I was playing Skyrim for my first run through back in November, I often tried to think about which game I liked more (Skyrim or DA:O). They both seemed to have strengths and weaknesses. However, when I recently went back and started playing DA:O again, it seemed quite different than how I remember it. I mean, I loved DA:O, not only as a game, but as a world generally (e.g. I bought the books tied to DA). Now, though, even taking into consideration the much better characters in DA:O, it still seems much inferior to Skyrim. Bioware have hinted that they might go with a large open world ala Skyrim for DA3, and I definitely hope so.

EDIT--Oh, forgot to say, yeah I agree about DA2. In fact I took it in to Gamestop to trade it in 3 days after I bought it on it's release date. I decided to give it another shot, though, and asked for and received the game as a gift for Christmas... though I still haven't gone back and tried it again.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:46:32 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2012, 01:55:51 PM »

I agree that the characters seem more "real" in DA:O than Skyrim. Thats something that Elder Scrolls lost after Morrowind IMHO.

However, the world of Elder Scrolls (I especially felt it in Morrowind and Oblivion) had a "history" and made me feel like people lived there for generations where in DA the world felt static and flat. I think an open world would help that.

Since we're on the subject of RPG's, did you like Kingdoms of Amalur? I played the demo and decided not to get it.

PP

Gregory the Great

ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »

If you guys don't mind a little NSFW language, I think most of us will enjoy this: http://9gag.com/gag/3782790

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2012, 10:26:30 AM »

Started playing World of Tanks again after a bit of a hiatus.  Finally getting the hang of the light tanks again.  If I start playing more regularly I might drop some money on premium membership and break out my Russian heavies again. 
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »

No... no no no... please no!   NOOOOOOO!!!!!1!!ONE!!1!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »

I know some of you people, in addition to being video game nerds, are also Dr. Who geeks. If that describes you, this game (set to be released this month) is probably for you.

That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »

I'm generally weary of licensed games, but that looks like it might have some potential. I'll wait for reviews first though. Also, it's "Doctor Who," not "Dr. Who."

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2012, 02:20:34 PM »

I'm generally weary of licensed games, but that looks like it might have some potential. I'll wait for reviews first though. Also, it's "Doctor Who," not "Dr. Who."

I didn't look closely enough but does this Doctor Woo game have that attractive redhead in it? If so I might have to pick it up...

That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »

You're probably thinking of Amy Pond, whom this game seems to omit.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »

Who made that decision? Booooo!

ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2012, 02:24:19 AM »

Hey Skyrim fans, check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI

NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2012, 04:29:33 AM »

Back to Europa Universalis III while waiting for more Crusader Kings II patches/DLC/mods to be released. Smiley
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »

Who made that decision? Booooo!

The show will be phasing her out soon, so that may be part of it. Is this an acceptable replacement?

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2012, 07:57:10 AM »

Hair is not red Sad

Though this cheered me up... Angry video game nerd as a kid

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

Just started a Breton Mage on Skyrim.....man oh man they're good.

Gregory the Great

akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »

Twenty more days!

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

20 days to what? Smiley

So far I've already missed Journey, which I've heard is really good, but since I don't have an internet connection on my ps3 I haven't been able to get it. Also, I think someone asked about Amalur earlier, but I didn't end up getting that, it was just too much money at a time when I need to save for other stuff (though I did buy a used copy of Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny today). Other games I'm hoping to get this year are:

Port Royale 3 (PS3-June)
Risen 2 (PS3-July)
Madden 13 (PS3-August)
DQX (WiiU - Nov/Dec?)
Lego City Stories (WiiU - Nov/Dec?)

akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »

20 days to what? Smiley

www.diablo3.com

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2012, 10:53:44 AM »

Im holding out for Guild Wars 2

PP

Gregory the Great

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »

My Dragon Quest X hopes have been dashed... wtf...

That'd cost me over $200 just to play the game for 1 year!  Angry  For a wii/wiiU game? and a game that I'm mostly excited about just because I've been playing the franchise since 1990, and not actually because of anything specific to this game that I've seen?

What a rotten way to start the day...

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »

Sometimes I wonder what I'm missing...

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »

Any idea if online is going to be a monthly subscription or if it will be free to play on Battlenet like D2 was?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »

My Dragon Quest X hopes have been dashed... wtf...

That'd cost me over $200 just to play the game for 1 year!  Angry  For a wii/wiiU game? and a game that I'm mostly excited about just because I've been playing the franchise since 1990, and not actually because of anything specific to this game that I've seen?

What a rotten way to start the day...

I'm really starting to hate all these subscription services for the big new games. We already pay for the game, plus the console, plus the online membership (X Box Live or whatever network you use), and accessories for some of the games (headphones, special guns, etc.) Then they have to stick on an extra big chunk of cash in order to compete online. What for, other than the pleasure of robbing us? Pretty soon, if someone wants to play more than one of these big name games per year, the expenses will run into several hundred dollars or even more, just for online play. Then they'll simply have priced the average gamer out of it. Or, you'll have to pay an arm and a leg just for even one game a year. Why don't they just call it what it is, highway robbery?

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2012, 05:23:38 PM »

Any idea if online is going to be a monthly subscription or if it will be free to play on Battlenet like D2 was?

It's meant to be free once the game disc is purchased.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2012, 05:33:34 PM »

It's meant to be free once the game disc is purchased.

Nice.  My brother and I will almost certainly play.  If you're ever on at weird hours we'll be sure to get a hold of you!
Luckster
Double Dipper

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »

I registered on an Orthodox forum and the first thing I post is about games which I have a dozen plus forum subscriptions for discussing. Smiley

If true, I will rage...

Next PlayStation to lock out used games

Buckle up, Sony enthusiasts. A tipster has told Kotaku that the PlayStation 4 is named "Orbis," and that it will feature an anti-used game system, offer no backwards compatibility with PlayStation 3 titles, and ship in holiday 2013...

If true, it will sadly be that time to write Sony off completely. There was a period- around 2005- when I thought Sony could do no wrong. They've spent the last 7 years doing their level best to prove how mistaken I was.

I learned in 2005 how terrible Sony was... They destroyed one of the best games ever... But today Bioware has surpassed SWG with SWTOR and I'm enjoying TOR far more than I did SWG. Even with some idiots hating on it.

I'd recommend seeking some serious spiritual guidance for such apostasy. No MMORPG will ever surpass SWG, whether Pre-CU, CU, or NGE. SWTOR's a nice game, but it feels so...generic? There's nothing that stands out about it, compared to SWG whether you could actually live in the Star Wars universe, SWTOR only features rails, rails, and more rails. That's nice if you like developer hand-holding, but for players that enjoy freedom and choice (not the BioWare definition of "choice"), then it's sorely lacking.  Of course, over the many, many MMORPGs that I've played, I've always preferred sandboxes to themeparks. Either way, I still have an active subscription. But, I digress.

I tend to rotate my gaming schedule from RTSs to RPGs to FPSs with MMO subscriptions thrown in the mix somewhere. I'm currently replaying for the umpteenth time Medieval 2 using the Invasio Barbarum II mod. Before that it was Empire and Shogun II. I might pick up Skyrim when the price drops, but we'll see.
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »

I'm having a lot of fun with Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »

I miss video games. Sad

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »

I'm sorry.

It's all gonna burn anyway and you're probably a better man than I right now.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »

Diablooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  *gasp* ooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm going to need this.
WeldeMikael
High Elder

« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »

Team Fortress 2 and the Total War series  Cool
ironchapman
High Elder

« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

Trying to decide if I should finish my current Tales of Vesperia file or begin a new one.

William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2012, 04:47:20 PM »

I'd love to see some DLC for DA2 first...

Still working on Skyrim, six months later!

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they were working on an expansion for DA2 but canceled it so they could focus on DA3.

William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »

That's a shame. I really liked Awakening.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: