Author Topic: Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem  (Read 58408 times)

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of the South
Re: Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem
« Reply #675 on: August 02, 2015, 12:43:48 AM »
no one beats Ginger Zee from Good Morning America, please realize Ginger your husband no good there three divorces allowed in Orthodoxy ;)

Get out with that nonsense.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #676 on: August 02, 2015, 12:46:36 AM »
Rachel Weisz on leaving the lonely single life behind to find love with James Bond hubby Daniel Craig

shalom

Psalm 55

12 It is not an enemy who taunts me—
    then I could bear it;
it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me—
    then I could hide from him.
13 But it is you, my equal,
    my companion, my familiar friend.
Quote from: Fr Alexander Schmemann
The Gospel is quite clear: both saints and sinners love God. "Religious" people do not love him, and whenever they can, they crucify him.

Of course, OC.net is not reflective of the Church, but is rather a surreal bubble. I have visited a lot of different parishes around the world and have listened to many hours of AFR...

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #677 on: August 02, 2015, 12:49:03 AM »
no one beats Ginger Zee from Good Morning America, please realize Ginger your husband no good there three divorces allowed in Orthodoxy ;)

really so Mor can like Rachel I like weather women it nonsense what crawled up your butt and died, cant take a joke jerk
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:55:57 AM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #678 on: August 02, 2015, 12:50:07 AM »
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #679 on: August 02, 2015, 12:50:50 AM »

really so Mor can like Rachel I lime weather women it nonsense wha crawled up your btt and died

Then start your own thread.

Thats the point oh young learner....This is THE thread where its about Mor and his dream lady love.

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #680 on: August 02, 2015, 12:53:28 AM »

really so Mor can like Rachel I lime weather women it nonsense wha crawled up your btt and died

Then start your own thread.

Thats the point oh young learner....This is THE thread where its about Mor and his dream lady love.

ohh look it Denise to strike me down again you got a problem just say it little missy it always you and mr.moderator Peter always messing with me all I was doing was joking but screw it why don't you go cook and clean for your husband instead of typing away with those fingers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:02:21 AM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #681 on: August 02, 2015, 01:10:07 AM »

really so Mor can like Rachel I like weather women it nonsense what crawled up your butt and died, cant take a joke jerk

You can't take a joke either.  How am I not surprised? ::)

You're not the first to suggest other famous ladies in this thread.  Surely, you won't be the last.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #682 on: August 02, 2015, 01:11:44 AM »
ohh look it Denise to strike me down again you got a problem just say it little missy it always you and mr.moderator Peter always messing with me all I was doing was joking but screw it why don't you go cook and clean for your husband instead of typing away with those fingers.

No need to act like a

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #683 on: August 02, 2015, 01:20:53 AM »

No need to act like a

look Peter he called me a jackass but since he part of the clique he okbut I say piss and it baddd(sheep voice) i'm done with your crap all I was doing was joking and you tear me to shreds have fun oc.net being a socal club i'm done screw you, Denise and peter no wonder why you lose more members than Europe losing population.

Let's look at a few things here, seeker.

• Hecma didn't call you a jackass; rather, he rebuked you for acting like a jackass. Hecma therefore confronted your behavior, which is permissible on our forum. He didn't attack your person as you did him by calling him a jerk a few posts ago.
  • Seeing that you even quoted my directive to stop using the p word on another thread, you have to be aware that you weren't the only person I addressed with that directive, so there's no need for you to act as if you were.
  • You even continued to use the p word even after I told you to stop, and even while you acknowledged that I had told you to stop.
  • By questioning my directive on the other thread, and by complaining to me here about how "unfairly" I treated you via that directive, you are publicly criticizing a moderatorial action, which I warned you not to do less than a week ago.

For the combination of all these offenses:
  • ad hominem (against hecma)
  • profanity
  • disobedience of a moderatorial directive
  • public argument with a moderatorial directive

You are receiving this warning of 25 points. If you think this warning wrong and wish to challenge it, please do so via PM and ONLY via PM to me. Continued public argument with this or any other moderatorial action will not be tolerated.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:46:41 PM by PeterTheAleut »

Online Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #684 on: August 02, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."

You, sir, get an eager and earnest side hug.  Mor loves you.
The Gospel is quite clear: both saints and sinners love God. "Religious" people do not love him, and whenever they can, they crucify him.

Of course, OC.net is not reflective of the Church, but is rather a surreal bubble. I have visited a lot of different parishes around the world and have listened to many hours of AFR...

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #685 on: August 02, 2015, 03:08:17 PM »

Thank you! Your passion and camaraderie warms the cockles of my heart, yet you have wisely balanced this with the circumspect use of the Christian side hug. It is unlikely that God would let Satan trick up into becoming gay, but why take that chance? Kudos to you, sir, and kudos again!

Online Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #686 on: August 02, 2015, 03:29:34 PM »

Thank you! Your passion and camaraderie warms the cockles of my heart, yet you have wisely balanced this with the circumspect use of the Christian side hug. It is unlikely that God would let Satan trick up into becoming gay, but why take that chance? Kudos to you, sir, and kudos again!

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #687 on: August 04, 2015, 02:47:56 PM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:48:27 PM by vamrat »
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #688 on: September 12, 2015, 04:03:07 AM »
"Confessing lust is so embarassing, but they say priests hear it all, so here goes.  'There's this guy, Mor,...'"

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:03:56 AM by hecma925 »

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Online Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #690 on: October 08, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/daniel-craig-id-rather-slash-my-wrists-do-another-james-n440566?cid=sm_fb

Perhaps someone can bribe the studio to force him to make one Mor..... :laugh: :laugh:

I want to copy and paste this into a new thread in the Prayer Forum.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #691 on: October 08, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
you're welcome

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #692 on: November 19, 2015, 02:07:45 AM »
Rachel is on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon later today.

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #693 on: November 19, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »
I cannot stand Jimmy Fallon. I know there's at least one other Fallon hater on this board. You know who you are.
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Offline nothing

• 1 Timothy 2:9
  • OC.net guru
  • Americanism, Not Globalism, Will Be Our Credo
  • Faith: True Christian™
« Reply #694 on: November 19, 2015, 12:19:35 PM »
I cannot stand Jimmy Fallon. I know there's at least one other Fallon hater on this board. You know who you are.
Playing GoldenEye with Pierce Brosnan eroded my hatred of him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:19:54 PM by nothing »
“Their throat is an open grave;
    they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”

Romans 3:13

"I'm very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words...but there's no better word than stupid. Right?" - Donald Trump

FOR THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THAN MEN, AND THE WEAKNESS OF GOD IS STRONGER THAN MEN!

He catches the wise in their craftiness!

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #695 on: November 19, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »

I don't really hate Jimmy Fallon, per se.  I mean, if I found him dying in the desert I'd probably leave him to die, but I'd not do anything to hasten his demise.  Really, I just don't think he's remotely funny.  Unless he was dying alone in the desert trapped beneath a scorpion infested boulder.  Then he might get a chuckle from me.  I'd be laughing the whole time I decided to do the charitable Christian thing and saw his arm off with a spoon and then bring him to the fire station less than a mile away, giving him water produced from my own bladder.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #696 on: November 19, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »

I don't really hate Jimmy Fallon, per se.  I mean, if I found him dying in the desert I'd probably leave him to die, but I'd not do anything to hasten his demise.  Really, I just don't think he's remotely funny.  Unless he was dying alone in the desert trapped beneath a scorpion infested boulder.  Then he might get a chuckle from me.  I'd be laughing the whole time I decided to do the charitable Christian thing and saw his arm off with a spoon and then bring him to the fire station less than a mile away, giving him water produced from my own bladder.
If I had a dime for every person I felt that way about...
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #697 on: January 16, 2016, 03:34:25 AM »
Would Mor be willing to cycle from India to Europe for love?

"Wait, you mean cycle cycle?  As in BI-cycle?"

Online Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #698 on: January 16, 2016, 12:40:34 PM »
Would Mor be willing to cycle from India to Europe for love?

"Wait, you mean cycle cycle?  As in BI-cycle?"

The answer is yes.  I would cycle across the waves of the seas if I had to. 

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #699 on: January 16, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »
Something fishy about that answer...

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #700 on: January 16, 2016, 08:18:34 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/daniel-craig-id-rather-slash-my-wrists-do-another-james-n440566?cid=sm_fb

Perhaps someone can bribe the studio to force him to make one Mor..... :laugh: :laugh:

Well he pretty blunt, glad to see that out of actors. However would he say that with a bunch of cash in his bank account?

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #701 on: May 02, 2016, 06:45:06 PM »
"Bright Week already?  No Mor fasting?  Good."

Online Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #702 on: May 02, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »
"Bright Week already?  No Mor fasting?  Good."

Where have you been all my life?!

BTW, nice to see you back, hecma.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #703 on: May 04, 2016, 03:35:06 AM »
Where have you been all my life?!

"Oh, me?  Just looking at architectural features of EO/OO parsonages for my dissertation at SVS.  You?"

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #704 on: May 14, 2016, 01:33:58 AM »
"Thank God the candle order came in.  The Romanians nearly burned all the candles in the parish during Pascha."

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:34:19 AM by hecma925 »

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #705 on: May 14, 2016, 01:51:30 AM »

I've been sick for the past few days, so I've been watching movies at home. Oz the Great and Powerful was one of them. And guess who I saw?
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #706 on: June 11, 2016, 11:37:28 AM »
"Who's the leader of the club, that's made for you and me? M-O-R.  E-P.  H-R-E-M.  Mor Ephrem!  Mor Ephrem!"

Offline Olivia

• Vivo Christo Rey!
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Philadelphia
« Reply #707 on: June 24, 2016, 01:15:16 AM »
This is quite a thread. I love seeing all the quotes people have come up with to caption these photos. And I have to say, I don't blame Mor for liking Rachel-she is very pretty.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:15:48 AM by Olivia »
This is something cute and innocent.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #708 on: July 02, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »
Quote from Private Fora removed. Please remember to use a link instead:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,68687.msg1406984.html#msg1406984

-ZZ

"My office is always open for our hugging therapy sessions, Mor."

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:32:40 PM by ZealousZeal »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #709 on: July 02, 2016, 12:24:48 PM »
This is quite a thread. I love seeing all the quotes people have come up with to caption these photos. And I have to say, I don't blame Mor for liking Rachel-she is very pretty.

Yeah, she really pretty, good pick MOR, she has awesome eyes.

Online Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #710 on: July 02, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »
"My office is always open for our hugging therapy sessions, Mor."

I need many appointments...

Offline Svartzorn

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek A.Diocese of B. Aires & S. America
« Reply #711 on: July 02, 2016, 01:00:18 PM »
I don't get it.What is this thread?
Is Mor Ephrem a chick?
Death to the world dodos.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #712 on: July 02, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »
Is Mor Ephrem a chick?

How do you figure?

Offline Porter ODoran

• Avid apokatastisist
  • Taxiarches
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #713 on: July 02, 2016, 06:27:19 PM »
Svartzvorn is just very excited by the pictures he's seeing.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #714 on: July 03, 2016, 12:35:07 AM »

:police: Back on topic, please.  There are 1,370,000+ results when I Google search "rachel weisz".  Let's not worry about trying to cure Mor; this thread is all about tempting him, so he doesn't complete his vigil prayers for the Feast of the All-glorious Founding Fathers of the United States of America.  :police:

Thread still going strong. 

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #715 on: September 04, 2016, 01:24:15 AM »

I wonder if her despondency is due to her cutting of the watermelon on the day commemorating the Beheading of John the Baptist.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #716 on: September 13, 2016, 07:44:15 AM »
"Too many Pączki and kaszanka!  Do you still love me, my dear Mor?"

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #717 on: September 13, 2016, 07:45:42 AM »
Is Mor Ephrem a chick?

How do you figure?

I mean, Mor is a lesbian of sorts.