OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 11:57:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of sauce do you like with your fried chicken?  (Read 1761 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
Grand Duke of Louisville and all the Kentuckys
Moderated
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Ave, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »

Good think I am about to eat because the sight of those pictures above makes me hungry. But my meal of pork chop sandwiches is not the same is not as good

"Any rational society would have either killed me or put me to some good use." -Hannibal Lecter

"First principles...to each particular thing ask what is it in and of itself. What is its nature?" --Hannibal Lecter
Justin Kolodziej
Elder

Faith: Catholic (Carmelite wannabe)
Jurisdiction: The Bishop of Raleigh

which way's mt. carmel again???

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2014, 08:24:34 PM »

Ketchup on a hot dog is grounds for excommunication though. The Synod of Chicago is clear on this

CANON 3: The Holy Synod of the Orthodox Church declares that hot dogs shall be eaten without ketchup on them. The penalty incurred for putting ketchup on a hot dog is excommunication and the penance for the offense is one year of bread and water, the bread to be hot dog buns. This is not only effective for Chicago dogs, but for all hot dogs, from whatever city they originate or associate.

CANON 4: Whenever possible one shall use kosher beef hotdogs, not because we follow the dietary laws of the perfidious Jews, but because it is in good taste, much like circumcision.

CANON 5: As to fried chicken, ketchup is allowed but is considered a habit of Protestantism which the Holy Church permits in her economia.

LOL!!!

Am I allowed to say that I think the Synod got this one wrong?

I think ketchup on fried chicken ought to be considered deliberately schismatic and heretical ...
It is clear: The Pseudo-Synod of Chicago is clearly a robber synod!

St. Justin Martyr, St. John Cassian, St. Simon Stock, St. Theresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, pray for me!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »

Good think I am about to eat because the sight of those pictures above makes me hungry. But my meal of pork chop sandwiches is not the same is not as good

Looks like a snail. I just lost my appetite.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »

It's a roasted pig, it's a pizza, meet the newest culinary insanity of Brazil, the Pizza-Pork (Porco-Pizza).

Open a whole pig in the middle. Roast it. Add all the ingredients of a pizza and just about any kind of meat you like. Roast more. There you have it.

The Pizza-Pork seems to have come from Paraguay and entered Brazil through the cities near that country. It was made famous when the host of a local talk show decided to make it the signature dish of the show and offer it to some guests.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:01:31 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »

The veggies and fruit look so good. Why did they have to ruin them by adding them to pork?

The insanity of it all.

The finished product does look good ... I will have to admit.  laugh
I will have to pass as much as I would love to enjoy some.

After all, today is the 2nd day of the Fast of the Theotokos (OS), and a Friday to boot.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »

The veggies and fruit look so good. Why did they have to ruin them by adding them to pork?
You mean pork, the greatest meat of all time? Im in love with the pig.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »

PP

Apart from sausages and hot links, I don't have much love for the pig. I think that beef and chicken generally reign supreme.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »

PP

Apart from sausages and hot links, I don't have much love for the pig. I think that beef and chicken generally reign supreme.

Nonsense.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: