OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 08:09:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC: How well do you know the world?  (Read 145 times) Average Rating: 0
xOrthodox4Christx
OC.net guru

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

xOrthodox4Christx
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »

http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20131206-how-well-do-you-know-the-world-play-geoguessr-to-find-out

Based on predetermined geographical surroundings, guess where in the world you are. It's a fun little game.

I was close a couple of times, but one picture that looked like Mongolia was actually Spain; who knew?

My score: 7,000-ish

I challenge you all!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:22:13 AM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

My posting on this forum is currently on hiatus, until mid-June 2014.

Have a nice spring. Smiley
DeniseDenise
OC.net guru

Faith: Now with added Catechumenness!
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »

I was on the right continent and in the right country each time...city is very hard to pinpoint.

Here's hoping my defense at the dread judgement seat of Christ doesn't turn out to be 'well I argued about what day it was.....a lot'
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »

7,679. I actually got really lucky figuring out Australia twice. Another time I was quite close to my home country, Romania. The other two were hard and my answers were off.

xOrthodox4Christx
OC.net guru

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

xOrthodox4Christx
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:51:22 PM »

New score.

My posting on this forum is currently on hiatus, until mid-June 2014.

Have a nice spring. Smiley
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 01:32:30 PM »

Will try again later. Very fascinating.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Katerina, my sister, dear beyond measure

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 02:09:16 PM »

I think I have been cheating. I have done this twice now and have been able to pinpoint where I was (I was too lazy to go back to where I started but it was within a mile). I have been reading the signs as I go down the road and then use google. The first time I went past a post office that said I was in some town in North Dakota. The second time, there was an ad for a politician on the back of the truck. Googling that put me a Sinaloa Mexico. Going down the road a little further got me got me to a restaurant which has a facebook account with the Sinaloa street address and a picture for confirmation.
DeniseDenise
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 07:38:23 PM »

I think I have been cheating. I have done this twice now and have been able to pinpoint where I was (I was too lazy to go back to where I started but it was within a mile). I have been reading the signs as I go down the road and then use google. The first time I went past a post office that said I was in some town in North Dakota. The second time, there was an ad for a politician on the back of the truck. Googling that put me a Sinaloa Mexico. Going down the road a little further got me got me to a restaurant which has a facebook account with the Sinaloa street address and a picture for confirmation.

hehe.....i drew the line at -googling- the info i found....so i read signs..etc...but if i couldn't tell based on those...a more precise place...i went with what i could tell

Here's hoping my defense at the dread judgement seat of Christ doesn't turn out to be 'well I argued about what day it was.....a lot'
DeniseDenise
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »

still no google

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: