OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 06:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 427907 times) Average Rating: 5
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6480 on: October 30, 2014, 10:27:36 PM »

Just look at the World Series MVPs for the Giants....

2010 - Edgar Renteria Buster Posey (I think he was a rookie)

Embarrassed Minor correction.  Buster Posey was the 2012 National League MVP....   Embarrassed
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #6481 on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:37 PM »

This runner came across an opponent who had torn her patella tendon and meniscus and was in excruciating pain, and couldn't even walk with help.  So, she carried her this way for almost 1/2 mile to get to a medical station.  I need to go find a box of Kleenex now.....

Runner Carries Injured Opponent
http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2014/10/16/nd-runner-carries-injured-opponent/17346247/

That reminds me of a commercial I saw with the same theme, where a runner helps another injured runner to the finish line.  I have to admit, I did get a little sniffly.

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #6482 on: October 31, 2014, 12:40:26 AM »

This runner came across an opponent who had torn her patella tendon and meniscus and was in excruciating pain, and couldn't even walk with help.  So, she carried her this way for almost 1/2 mile to get to a medical station.  I need to go find a box of Kleenex now.....

Runner Carries Injured Opponent
http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2014/10/16/nd-runner-carries-injured-opponent/17346247/

That reminds me of a commercial I saw with the same theme, where a runner helps another injured runner to the finish line.  I have to admit, I did get a little sniffly.
Or the softball infielders who picked up an opponent and carried her around the bases after she hit a home run and tore her ACL while rounding first.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #6483 on: October 31, 2014, 12:45:49 AM »

I think I saw that one as well. That was awesome!

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6484 on: November 01, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »

Maryland ends a 53 year drought by defeating Penn. St. 20-19 in a sloppy game marred with turnovers and penalties.  The Terps are now bowl eligible with a 6-3 record, 3-2 in the Big 10 with remaining games against Rutgers, Michigan and Michigan St (not in that order).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:00:50 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #6485 on: November 01, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »

Maryland ends a 53 year drought by defeating Penn. St. 20-19 in a sloppy game marred with turnovers and penalties.  The Terps are now bowl eligible with a 6-3 record, 3-2 in the Big 10 with remaining games against Rutgers, Michigan and Michigan St (not in that order).
funny how they couldn't win a game now in big 10 and can win all the sudden
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #6486 on: November 01, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »

Sorry, I forgot that you like to act like a jerk around here.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #6487 on: November 01, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »

Least the raptors are looking like, at least, able to defend the division
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6488 on: November 01, 2014, 10:47:13 PM »

Sorry, I forgot that you like to act like a jerk around here.
And you don't? Wink
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:49:40 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6489 on: November 01, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »

Looking at the first ever Playoff Committee Poll of NCAA football... With where it has my Oregon Ducks, they just need to win out the rest of the season and watch the SEC West cannibalize itself. Grin So far it's working out to form. The Ducks just beat Stanford 45-16, and Auburn just beat Ole Miss 35-31.

If it's any comfort to Gebre, I will most likely root for the Tide in the Iron Bowl. Wink
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:55:09 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #6490 on: November 02, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »

Looking at the first ever Playoff Committee Poll of NCAA football... With where it has my Oregon Ducks, they just need to win out the rest of the season and watch the SEC West cannibalize itself. Grin So far it's working out to form. The Ducks just beat Stanford 45-16, and Auburn just beat Ole Miss 35-31.

If it's any comfort to Gebre, I will most likely root for the Tide in the Iron Bowl. Wink

Well, if it comes down to that then I sure hope you don't perform like you did against them in the 2010 NC. Good grief. But hopefully we'll negate any opportunity for the Barn to play for the National Championship.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6491 on: November 10, 2014, 03:16:31 AM »

Utah receiver Kaelin Clay pulls a DeSean Jackson and helps my Ducks win.

The Ducks would astutely pick up that fumble in the end zone and run it back 100 yards for a game-tying TD.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:16:57 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #6492 on: November 12, 2014, 02:06:50 AM »

Martin Jacobson of Sweden wins $10 Million at the 2014 World Series of Poker Main Event.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:20:29 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6493 on: November 12, 2014, 03:04:17 AM »

Martin Jacobson of Sweden wins $10 Million at the 2014 World Series of Poker Main Event.
Poker's a sport? Huh
ilyazhito
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #6494 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »

If ESPN broadcasts it as a sport, it probably is. However, I think that lacrosse is a better sport than poker. Lacrosse is a lot more dynamic, and combines the best features of multiple sports (football, American football, basketball, and hockey) while being its own thing. By the way, I play lacrosse as a goalkeeper.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #6495 on: November 12, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »

If ESPN broadcasts it as a sport, it probably is. However, I think that lacrosse is a better sport than poker. Lacrosse is a lot more dynamic, and combines the best features of multiple sports (football, American football, basketball, and hockey) while being its own thing. By the way, I play lacrosse as a goalkeeper.

Neat!

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

« Reply #6496 on: November 12, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »

Neat!

Best form of lacrosse, in my personal opinon, is box lacrosse as played by my hometown team, the Buffalo Bandits

Much better than outdoor, in my opinon.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #6497 on: November 12, 2014, 04:47:54 PM »

Poker's a sport? Huh

ESPN has been broadcasting the Main Event since the late 1980's.

The tournament started off in July with 6,700 players each paying $10,000 for the buy-in.  After 9 days, the final 9 players take a 4 month break.  They returned on Monday night to complete the tournament.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6498 on: November 15, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »

If an Alabama win at home today over #1 Mississippi State will help my Ducks take over the #1 spot in the College Football Playoff rankings, then I say
ROLL TIDE!!! Grin
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #6499 on: November 15, 2014, 04:46:39 PM »

Neat!

Best form of lacrosse, in my personal opinon, is box lacrosse as played by my hometown team, the Buffalo Bandits

I've seen that on the teevee. Pretty cool. Smiley

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

« Reply #6500 on: November 15, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »

Neat!

So you know, all the games are streamed online for free. I believe YouTube si what it goes through, but it's all on www.nll.com regardless
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #6501 on: November 15, 2014, 05:00:30 PM »

Neat!

So you know, all the games are streamed online for free. I believe YouTube si what it goes through, but it's all on www.nll.com regardless

Excellent, thanks! Smiley

spcasuncoast.org
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6502 on: November 15, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »

If an Alabama win at home today over #1 Mississippi State will help my Ducks take over the #1 spot in the College Football Playoff rankings, then I say
ROLL TIDE!!! Grin
I know it's only the first half, but the Tide are looking pretty good right now. They just scored again to go up 19-0 and have the Bulldogs already drawing chippy frustration penalties. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:59:40 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6503 on: November 15, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »

ROLL TIDE!!! Grin
I know it's only the first half, but the Tide are looking pretty good right now. They just scored again to go up 19-0 and have the Bulldogs already drawing chippy frustration penalties. Smiley
WOOT!!!

Big win for both Gebre's Tide and my Ducks. Grin

'Bama 25, Mississippi St. 20

Now it's time for me to root for Miami against Florida State.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:19:45 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #6504 on: November 15, 2014, 09:43:03 PM »

ROLL TIDE!!! Grin
WOOT!!!

Big win for both Gebre's Tide and my Ducks. Grin

'Bama 25, Mississippi St. 20

Now it's time for me to root for Miami against Florida State.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #6505 on: November 15, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »

ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!

BAMA 25 - Miss State 20! Wow! Another nerve wracking game. Once again my Crimson Tide showed tremendous character and perseverance in a classic SEC battle. We dominated the first half, but we never could put the Bulldogs away. Miss State proved why they have been the number one team in the nation for so long. Most teams would have been done after falling behind 19-0 against Alabama in Bryant Denny Stadium, but State kept fighting and made us have to recover and onside kick to seal it at the end. So credit to the Bulldogs for a great game. I’m so proud and happy that we came out on top!

Mississippi State fans had been saying all week that they would win this game because they had a decisive advantage at the quarterback position. Well, there was definitely a QB on the field today who looked like a Heisman Trophy candidate, but he was wearing a Crimson jersey and his name is Blake Sims. People have been doubting and disparaging Blake Sims all year, and all year he has continued to prove them wrong. What a clutch player! And Sims is such a classy, humble young man as well. I’m so happy for him, and I’m so proud to have such a great player and a great person leading our team. Sims outplayed the leading Heisman trophy candidate and led us to victory over the number one team in the nation. But I hope the haters will keep on doubting him. He thrives on being underrated and disrespected. And keep on thinking he can’t throw the deep ball and see how well that works out for you. 

Our defense was dominant in the first half. We began to wear down a little bit in the second half, but we bowed up and made huge plays when we needed to. Three huge interceptions in crucial situations helped salvage the win. But again, it’s a credit to Miss State that they were good enough to come back and take this game down to the wire. And State fans shouldn’t despair. If everything falls their way, they can still find their way into the 4 team playoff. There are still some huge games with huge implications that loom ahead.

Wow! What an incredible last two weeks! I’m still trying to catch my breath. But I am extremely happy and so incredibly proud of this team. Nick Saban said on his call in show on Thursday that this is the most enjoyable team that he’s ever coached at BAMA. He says this team is fully invested and easy to coach. Everybody is giving 100% on and off the field, and they all believe in the coaches and in one another. And it shows. This team has tremendous character and heart. Regardless of what happens from here on out, I will always be proud of this team. I love these players and I love how hard they play. I couldn’t be prouder of them. 

Congrats to the Mississippi State Bulldogs on a hard fought game. So glad we edged them out at the end. Another great Saturday for the BAMA nation!

(Of course, after defeating the number one team in the nation, I’m sure the playoff committee will find an excuse to move us from #5 to #6.)

ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #6506 on: November 17, 2014, 02:25:00 AM »

Kevin Harvick wins his first NASCAR Sprint Cup championship.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6507 on: November 22, 2014, 12:08:12 AM »

ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!

BAMA 25 - Miss State 20! Wow! Another nerve wracking game. Once again my Crimson Tide showed tremendous character and perseverance in a classic SEC battle. We dominated the first half, but we never could put the Bulldogs away. Miss State proved why they have been the number one team in the nation for so long. Most teams would have been done after falling behind 19-0 against Alabama in Bryant Denny Stadium, but State kept fighting and made us have to recover and onside kick to seal it at the end. So credit to the Bulldogs for a great game. I’m so proud and happy that we came out on top!

Mississippi State fans had been saying all week that they would win this game because they had a decisive advantage at the quarterback position. Well, there was definitely a QB on the field today who looked like a Heisman Trophy candidate, but he was wearing a Crimson jersey and his name is Blake Sims. People have been doubting and disparaging Blake Sims all year, and all year he has continued to prove them wrong. What a clutch player! And Sims is such a classy, humble young man as well. I’m so happy for him, and I’m so proud to have such a great player and a great person leading our team. Sims outplayed the leading Heisman trophy candidate and led us to victory over the number one team in the nation. But I hope the haters will keep on doubting him. He thrives on being underrated and disrespected. And keep on thinking he can’t throw the deep ball and see how well that works out for you.  

Our defense was dominant in the first half. We began to wear down a little bit in the second half, but we bowed up and made huge plays when we needed to. Three huge interceptions in crucial situations helped salvage the win. But again, it’s a credit to Miss State that they were good enough to come back and take this game down to the wire. And State fans shouldn’t despair. If everything falls their way, they can still find their way into the 4 team playoff. There are still some huge games with huge implications that loom ahead.

Wow! What an incredible last two weeks! I’m still trying to catch my breath. But I am extremely happy and so incredibly proud of this team. Nick Saban said on his call in show on Thursday that this is the most enjoyable team that he’s ever coached at BAMA. He says this team is fully invested and easy to coach. Everybody is giving 100% on and off the field, and they all believe in the coaches and in one another. And it shows. This team has tremendous character and heart. Regardless of what happens from here on out, I will always be proud of this team. I love these players and I love how hard they play. I couldn’t be prouder of them.  

Congrats to the Mississippi State Bulldogs on a hard fought game. So glad we edged them out at the end. Another great Saturday for the BAMA nation!

(Of course, after defeating the number one team in the nation, I’m sure the playoff committee will find an excuse to move us from #5 to #6.)

ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!    ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!   ROLL TIDE!

Selam

Hee hee! laugh Now that your Tide have jumped all the way from #5 to #1 in the Football Playoff rankings, I'm going to have to root for the Barn in the Iron Bowl. Wink

I'm going to actually watch tomorrow's Oregon home game against Colorado live at Autzen Stadium. Should be fun, as long as Colorado doesn't bring their mascot, a live buffalo, to the game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:10:24 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #6508 on: November 22, 2014, 09:10:59 AM »

Selam

Hee hee! laugh Now that your Tide have jumped all the way from #5 to #1 in the Football Playoff rankings, I'm going to have to root for the Barn in the Iron Bowl. Wink

I'm going to actually watch tomorrow's Oregon home game against Colorado live at Autzen Stadium. Should be fun, as long as Colorado doesn't bring their mascot, a live buffalo, to the game.

Have fun! I haven't been to a BAMA game in years. Just can't afford it anymore. There's nothing like going to a college football game. Great traditions, great passion, and great environments. And yes, be careful not to get trampled by that Buffalo!

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #6509 on: November 22, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »

Watching the EPL update on NBC Sports. I'll have to miss some of the games, because I have a meeting in a little while, but maybe there'll be one left when I get back. Smiley Arsenal vs. Manchester United is going to be good.

spcasuncoast.org
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6510 on: November 23, 2014, 04:41:42 AM »

Selam

Have fun! I haven't been to a BAMA game in years. Just can't afford it anymore. There's nothing like going to a college football game. Great traditions, great passion, and great environments. And yes, be careful not to get trampled by that Buffalo!

Selam
I must admit that I saw a funny sight at the Ducks game regarding your Tide's game against West Carolina. I had been following the game score on my cellphone during breaks in the action at Autzen and knew that Bama had a 48-14 lead in the 4th quarter, so when I saw on the Autzen Stadium scoreboard that WCU was up on the Tide 35-31, I knew they had the wrong score. We had a lot of people wondering if that was indeed the right score and secretly hoping that it was, but, alas, some of us knew better. laugh To their credit, the scoreboard operators did fix their error a bit later.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:33:54 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #6511 on: November 23, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

Crystal Palace 3 - Liverpool 1. Wow. Smiley

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/matches/2014-2015/epl.summary.html/crystal-palace-vs-liverpool

spcasuncoast.org
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

« Reply #6512 on: November 23, 2014, 11:06:44 PM »

I despise teams from NJ/Downstate, and make a point to cheer against them, but I cant help being happy the Cowboys are losing
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6513 on: November 24, 2014, 02:03:04 AM »

I despise teams from NJ/Downstate, and make a point to cheer against them, but I cant help being happy the Cowboys are losing
The one question I have to ask: How the hell did Odell Beckham make that catch!!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #6514 on: November 24, 2014, 02:22:37 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/topstories/pat-quinn-dead-at-71-1.2846984

NHL coach Pat Quinn has died. He was 71.

Rest in peace.

spcasuncoast.org
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #6515 on: November 24, 2014, 02:23:45 PM »

The one question I have to ask: How the hell did Odell Beckham make that catch!!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yeah, my Giants may not have enough oomph to finish over .500, but that was a doggone good catch. Smiley

spcasuncoast.org
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #6516 on: November 25, 2014, 08:44:13 PM »

Andrew McCutchen didn't win the MVP, but he did get married.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6517 on: Yesterday at 01:38:16 AM »

Andrew McCutchen didn't win the MVP, but he did get married.

COOL! Cool Many years to him and his new bride!
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #6518 on: Yesterday at 01:48:11 AM »

Orioles' 3rd baseman Manny Machado also married his girlfriend.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #6519 on: Yesterday at 01:59:24 AM »

http://m.bbc.com/sport/cricket/30219440

Phil Hughes of the Australian national cricket team has died at 25. Days ago, during a match, he had been struck by a ball. He was taken to the hospital and lived briefly in a coma; however, he did not regain consciousness.  Cry
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:01:24 AM by biro » Logged

spcasuncoast.org
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #6520 on: Yesterday at 04:06:46 AM »

http://m.bbc.com/sport/cricket/30219440

Phil Hughes of the Australian national cricket team has died at 25. Days ago, during a match, he had been struck by a ball. He was taken to the hospital and lived briefly in a coma; however, he did not regain consciousness.  Cry

Yeah, I just saw this on ESPN.

"Lord have mercy." +++

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
eddybear

Faith: Anglican, officially anyway
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Exeter, UK

« Reply #6521 on: Yesterday at 01:56:24 PM »

I'm a big cricket fan, and had been following this since the initial incident. Terrible news, and hard to believe such a freak accident could happen. I feel for the bowler, only aged 22, who sent down a perfectly legitimate delivery which effectively killed someone.
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: