OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 11:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not the Mama  (Read 256 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: July 28, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »

Dinosaurs Could Have Survived The Asteroid, Study Finds

The extinction of dinosaurs might be down to “colossal bad luck,” a new study has found. After examining an up-to-date fossil record, scientists believe that had the asteroid collision that fuelled their demise happened a little earlier or later, they may have been able to survive. While that may sound disappointing to some, we should thank our lucky stars as if they hadn’t been wiped out, we probably wouldn’t be here today...

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:06 PM »

The extinction of dinosaurs might be down to “colossal bad luck,” a new study has found. After examining an up-to-date fossil record, scientists believe that had the asteroid collision that fuelled their demise happened a little earlier or later, they may have been able to survive. While that may sound disappointing to some, we should thank our lucky stars as if they hadn’t been wiped out, we probably wouldn’t be here today...

Okay, what about the sightings of modern humans of dinosaurs, especially primitive tribes in Australia. Forgot where I read it.

What about St. George who is said to have killed a dragon or dinosaur? Is that an old wive's tale? Or was this dragon Satan?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:54:50 PM »

I think there are plenty of other threads readily available to argue about silly Answers in Genesis theories.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:55:03 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Aquensis

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

Dinosaurs just turned into birds for the most part.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »

Dinosaurs just turned into birds for the most part.

Those dinosaurs who had turned into birds were able to fly to better locations probably following the same migration as today's birds.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »

Okay, what about the sightings of modern humans of dinosaurs, especially primitive tribes in Australia. Forgot where I read it.

That depends on what you mean by dinosaur. Some dinosaurs were tall as buildings, others would have been as small as chickens.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:17:29 PM by Ansgar » Logged

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »

That depends on what you mean by dinosaur. Some dinosaurs were tall as buildings, others would have been as small as chickens.

Aquensis

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 03:47:57 PM »

There is a bird called a Hoatzin that has teeth and claws on its wings.

Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 03:55:18 PM »

I fail to see your point.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »

There is a bird called a Hoatzin that has teeth and claws on its wings.

It does not have teeth, but it does have claws on its wings that it uses to grab onto branches to steady itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87_shPJxdns

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 04:18:22 PM »

I would be more concerned about the carnivorous Eagle, which has been known to pick up children in its talons, than the humble Hoatzin, which is a vegetarian.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 04:25:09 PM »

Mama mia!

Look at this: Western long-beaked echidna --  - a mammal that lays eggs like a bird, and also eats earthworms like some birds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Long-beaked_Echidna

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
TheTrisagion
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »

I would be more concerned about the carnivorous Eagle, which has been known to pick up children in its talons, than the humble Hoatzin, which is a vegetarian.
lol

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »

Corroborating evidence to what you said regarding size. Even the velociraptor doesn't look that scary size-wize.

Until he rips your guts out.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 04:39:39 PM »

Corroborating evidence to what you said regarding size. Even the velociraptor doesn't look that scary size-wize.

Until he rips your guts out.

Oh okay, I misunderstood then.

-St Silouan the athonite
Aquensis

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »

lol

Eagles attack things much bigger than children frequently. Killing deer, antelopes, wolves, coyotes, and mountain goats is an every day thing for the large species.

(Warning pretty graphic - there is one first attack that doesn't seem too bad and then it attacks another person):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZFLuZqCXc

This kid did not die but it has happened before.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:47:52 PM by Aquensis » Logged
LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 06:54:45 PM »

Mama mia!

Look at this: Western long-beaked echidna --  - a mammal that lays eggs like a bird, and also eats earthworms like some birds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Long-beaked_Echidna

The platypus is also a monotreme - an egg-laying aquatic mammal, with a body like an otter, webbed feet, and a bill like a duck.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 08:12:07 PM »

lol

Eagles attack things much bigger than children frequently. Killing deer, antelopes, wolves, coyotes, and mountain goats is an every day thing for the large species.

(Warning pretty graphic - there is one first attack that doesn't seem too bad and then it attacks another person):

I don't deny that eagles can be pretty nasty predators, but they don't just carry off children in their talons.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 08:25:05 PM »

lol

I don't deny that eagles can be pretty nasty predators, but they don't just carry off children in their talons.

Wasn't there another video that showed a very small child being carried off in the talons of an eagle only to be dropped within seconds? Was this a hoax? Even in that graphic video shown immediately above, if that not so small young lad had not been immediately rescued, he could have died from that attack. Even birds, like geese, can be nasty. We used to raise geese. They make fearless watch dogs.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:27:42 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
TheTrisagion
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 08:48:48 PM »

Perhaps you were thinking of this video.  I am about 70% sure it turned out to be a hoax.  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqYOv3-nqUo

p.s. a little birdie gave me that video.  laugh
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:49:50 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »

Perhaps you were thinking of this video.  I am about 70% sure it turned out to be a hoax.  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqYOv3-nqUo

p.s. a little birdie gave me that video.  laugh

I think I know which birdie.  laugh laugh laugh

However, birds can be dangerous, so it is not a laughing matter.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »

lol

They do if they're Freemasons. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 09:23:40 PM »

lol

Never say never. Remember birds still carry dinosaur DNA.  Grin Roll Eyes angel

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:24:32 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: