OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 03:01:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye OC.net.  (Read 261 times) Average Rating: 0
Raylight
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian.

« on: July 22, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »

Hi.

I decided to leave the forum, not for anything bad happened here or that there is anything wrong in the forum. Actually I met very nice people, talked to them. I found so much help here and had a nice time.

But because I finally found a Church that I can follow and be a member of, I need to focus on that, and therefor I need to stay away from any websites, books and discussions that may cause me to question my decision and start all over again. Not that I don't trust my decision, but because I'm still new, I need some time to strengthen my faith, plus I'm only human, and sometimes the continuing of arguing over and over and over will effect me one way or another, and because the Church I follow is not Eastern Orthodox, it is not a good idea to keep posting here and reading threads and arguing.

Thank you so much for the nice time I had with you guys, and the help I found.

May God bless each one of you.

Smiley Wink laugh

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »

I enjoyed your time here.  Glad to hear you found a church that is beneficial in your walk with Christ.  May God bless you in your journey!  Smiley

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Clemente

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Europe

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »

Hi.

I decided to leave the forum, not for anything bad happened here or that there is anything wrong in the forum. Actually I met very nice people, talked to them. I found so much help here and had a nice time.

But because I finally found a Church that I can follow and be a member of, I need to focus on that, and therefor I need to stay away from any websites, books and discussions that may cause me to question my decision and start all over again. Not that I don't trust my decision, but because I'm still new, I need some time to strengthen my faith, plus I'm only human, and sometimes the continuing of arguing over and over and over will effect me one way or another, and because the Church I follow is not Eastern Orthodox, it is not a good idea to keep posting here and reading threads and arguing.

Thank you so much for the nice time I had with you guys, and the help I found.

May God bless each one of you.

Smiley Wink laugh

Godspeed to you.

If, however, you have given up on Orthodoxy in order to explore the Anglican Church, I fear you will be deeply disappointed (I say that as a former Anglican who was very active in my London parishes). I love much about the Anglican Church, but unfortunately it is no church at all. For the Early Church was united, as the Fathers attest, yet the Anglican Church is riven by divisions. Their "three legged stool" of Scripture, reason and tradition is not only a thoroughly erroneous epistemology compared to the Apostolic faith, but also is the main cause of disunion in the Anglican communion, since each pastor gets to decide which of the three legs will support the bulk of his parish's weight.

I wish you well in any case.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:16:38 PM by Clemente » Logged
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »

try not to bombard them with silly questions like you did to us here.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »

try not to bombard them with silly questions like you did to us here.

+1.  In a few months, he'll be searching again for another church to satisfy his own interpretations.  Maybe we'll see advertisements for a  Raylight Church in a few years.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: