OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 09:40:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 63984 times) Average Rating: 3
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #945 on: March 24, 2013, 02:15:24 AM »

How do you learn to keep eye contact with the females? I have this odd habit of always avoiding eye contact with females or barely being able to keep it for a few seconds when speaking to them because I have this sense of insecurity or fear.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #946 on: March 24, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »

I'm even thinking about shaving so I look more "presentable" for her (blah).
Your face?

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #947 on: March 24, 2013, 02:16:03 AM »

How do you learn to keep eye contact with the females? I have this odd habit of always avoiding eye contact with females or barely being able to keep it for a few seconds when speaking to them because I have this sense of insecurity or fear.
Hang out with Indians for a while.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #948 on: March 24, 2013, 02:17:38 AM »

Have some self-confidence man.

You are JamesR after all. A true lady killer.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #949 on: March 24, 2013, 02:18:04 AM »

Your face?
I just realized I have totally pushed your request to the side, will work on it tomorrow.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #950 on: March 24, 2013, 02:37:18 AM »

Your face?

Beardliness is next to godliness...
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #951 on: March 24, 2013, 02:40:47 AM »

Your face?

Beardliness is next to godliness...
I can't grow a beard Sad

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #952 on: March 24, 2013, 06:05:16 AM »

Inspiring post, mabsoota. Thanks.
I don't want to see you become a Dante

Huh?

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #953 on: March 24, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »

Apparently she prefers Burger King fries over McDonalds, which I think is disgusting. I mean, seriously?
End it now.

because everyone knows that Wendy's had the best fries out of the three.
If you define "best" to mean "worst," you'd be correct.
When was the last time you have been to Wendy's to try their new burgers?
Two weeks ago maybe? I'll concede that they make good burgers. Not Five Guys or Smashburger good, but good. Their fries, however, are pretty subpar. They should have stuck with the old recipe.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #954 on: March 24, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »

Women have eyes?

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #955 on: March 24, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »

I had this too. It went away.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #956 on: March 24, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »

Women have eyes?

hahahaha! Oh this killed me punch. yeah it takes the mastery of the art of delayed gratification to find those pairs first  Wink

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #957 on: March 24, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »

Yes, and something never (ever) to say to a woman:

"If God intended men to listen to women, he would have put speakers in their chest."

No, never say that.  Uncle Punch is just here to help.

Women have eyes?

hahahaha! Oh this killed me punch. yeah it takes the mastery of the art of delayed gratification to find those pairs first  Wink

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #958 on: March 24, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »

Yes, and something never (ever) to say to a woman:

"If God intended men to listen to women, he would have put speakers in their chest."

No, never say that.  Uncle Punch is just here to help.

Women have eyes?

hear ye! hear ye!  Grin

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #959 on: March 25, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »

So if orthonorm wants to actually make a post in this thread conducive to its original purpose and give advice on how to break the ice and keep a conversation going and such I'd be open to it.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #960 on: March 26, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »

So if orthonorm wants to actually make a post in this thread conducive to its original purpose and give advice on how to break the ice and keep a conversation going and such I'd be open to it.
No you're doing it wrong. How you want to say it is:

I think this thread is proof that orthonorm knows nothing about dating and relationships. If he knew anything he'd regularly contribute.

Might be a better hook to grab him...

Wink
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:19:01 AM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #961 on: March 26, 2013, 12:31:38 AM »

I think this thread is proof that orthonorm knows nothing about dating and relationships. If he knew anything he'd regularly contribute.

Wink

He should just PM Orthonorm, Achronos. I would give advise, except that I lived back in the day when it was normal for women to sexually harass men. Of course if William is getting pinched and hip-bumped on a regular basis because he is being a considered a conquest he can PM me.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #962 on: March 26, 2013, 12:38:41 AM »

Wink

He should just PM Orthonorm, Achronos. I would give advise, except that I lived back in the day when it was normal for women to sexually harass men. Of course if William is getting pinched and hip-bumped on a regular basis because he is being a considered a conquest he can PM me.
Well since everybody on this forum PMs him 3 times a day, it might get lost in his inbox.

And back in your day, how exactly did women sexually harass men?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #963 on: March 26, 2013, 10:18:27 AM »

Wink

Well since everybody on this forum PMs him 3 times a day, it might get lost in his inbox.

And back in your day, how exactly did women sexually harass men?

Teasing.

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #964 on: March 26, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »

Apparently she prefers Burger King fries over McDonalds, which I think is disgusting. I mean, seriously?
End it now.

because everyone knows that Wendy's had the best fries out of the three.
If you define "best" to mean "worst," you'd be correct.
When was the last time you have been to Wendy's to try their new burgers?
Two weeks ago maybe? I'll concede that they make good burgers. Not Five Guys or Smashburger good, but good. Their fries, however, are pretty subpar. They should have stuck with the old recipe.
Meh. I think Wendy's used to be great before they changed their recipe. As for Five Guys, one of the most delicious burgers I have ever had!!! However, now that they are here in New Mexico, they need to realize that we New Mexican's only eat our burgers with Hatch Green Chile. They need to make this available on the menu. If any of you out there are ever in New Mexico, you need to try a Blake's Lotaburger with Green Chile and Cheese. You will start to believe that you are experiencing theosis.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #965 on: March 26, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »

The second girl that I dated left me for another man DURING OUR FIRST DATE (again, not a typo).  I gave up after that.  It was my wife that pretty much went after me, thankfully.  And I am still thankful 32 years later.

Yikes, that was brutal.  But, at least you found out quickly she wasn't marriage material!  It's too bad you took it so personally, as if her behavior reflected on *you*.   She should have at least gone through the date, thanked you for a pleasant evening, and then declined a 2nd date.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #966 on: March 26, 2013, 01:31:08 PM »

As for Five Guys, one of the most delicious burgers I have ever had!!!

I don't think I've ever felt worse for you.

Sorry man.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #967 on: March 26, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »

You see Papist and me don't have White Castle.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #968 on: March 26, 2013, 01:53:51 PM »

Regardless, I can't see how anyone could claim Five Guys is one of the best burgers they've had.

I won't eat there.

Their burgers are worse than mediocre. Their fries are some of the worst period.

And for what you get, it is expensive.

Oh yeah, and they have Coke Freestyle. Which I try to avoid at all costs.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #969 on: March 26, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »

I agree with you on all points. Five Guys does have the worst fries EVER.

Lol are those the Coke machines with hundreds of flavors? Yeah my Coke never tastes the same out of those machines.

But hey atleast Five Guys got peanuts.

A double cheeseburger meal with fries and a coke is 15 dollars!!!!!

Wth
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:23:08 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #970 on: March 26, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »

A question thenf r you orthonorm, who has the best fries?

Or a better question, what type of fries are the best
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #971 on: March 26, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »

Lol are those the Coke machines with hundreds of flavors? Yeah my Coke never tastes the same out of those machines.

Wth

It actually managed to be worse than Johnny Rockets.

That is a feat.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #972 on: March 26, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »

For fast food, In-n-out hands down. Burgers are overrated.

In general, there's a local joint in Oakland, PA called the Dirty O that makes the best fries on the planet.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #973 on: March 26, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »

Wth

That is a feat.

LOL JOHNNY ROCKETS.

Now that garbage was expensive as hell. Thank God they closed down by my nearest mall.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #974 on: March 26, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

Best fries for my money if you are anywhere on the earth where you can find a Grurk place, is well those.

The gyro-kebap places always seem to have the oil temp high enough for the nearly perfectly reliable fry.

I've test this out on three continents and found it to be true.

Frankly, most fast food chains fries suck. I've already discussed that Wendy's made a HUGE improvement with their to the "sea salt" nonsense. Arby's curly fries get a lot of love from people, but I think they are disgusting and the QC at Arby's isn't great, so they often taste rancid to me.*

And I don't eat fries without mayo or at least ranch. So in general, I don't get fries frequently. Now potato wedges from fried chicken places which are not national chains is another story, or the wedges from local urban and country delisr as well.

*It is documented that I have a more sensitive palate for "rancidity" in taste and smell than most humans.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #975 on: March 26, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »

In general, there's a local joint in Oakland, PA called the Dirty O that makes the best fries on the planet.

We just got an In-n-Out. It's the new thing, bring in one or two of an out of market garbage burger chain and watch people go crazy.

TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #976 on: March 26, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »

Except such a place called that does not exist, rather, it is simply called The O(riginal), and the dirty o simply refers to a particular hot dog there :-P

I've had them, and honestly, I agree with you, and five guys reminds me of them,and as such, they are amazing to me
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #977 on: March 26, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »

Wth

That is a feat.

LOL JOHNNY ROCKETS.

Now that garbage was expensive as hell. Thank God they closed down by my nearest mall.

Yeah. At least I could get a decent chocolate malt for $9. It was sorta like a much more expensive Steak and Shake. I like the frisco melt.

But for $20? I am not so sure.

Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #978 on: March 26, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »

White Castle.... I worked there when I was a teenager.  got to wear a blue polyester uniform with that blue visor.  So cute.  Cheesy I worked the graveyard shift on Friday night and Saturday night from 11pm til 7 am.  It was quite an education to work through the drunk rush when the night clubs closed down, to the early hours when our supervisor's husband who was a city cop would come and park in the parking lot to make sure we were all safe.  Those where the days......
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #979 on: March 26, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »

White Castle.... I worked there when I was a teenager.  got to wear a blue polyester uniform with that blue visor.  So cute.  Cheesy I worked the graveyard shift on Friday night and Saturday night from 11pm til 7 am.  It was quite an education to work through the drunk rush when the night clubs closed down, to the early hours when our supervisor's husband who was a city cop would come and park in the parking lot to make sure we were all safe.  Those where the days......

They still are.

I have like 11? within five miles of my place. Three of which gets as much drug traffic as WC traffic.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #980 on: March 26, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »

They still are.

I have like 11? within five miles of my place. Three of which gets as much drug traffic as WC traffic.

Just checked google, make that more like 15. LOL!

That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #981 on: March 26, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »

We just got an In-n-Out. It's the new thing, bring in one or two of an out of market garbage burger chain and watch people go crazy.
Are you thinking of Jack in the Box? It doesn't look like there are any In-n-Outs east of Utah, but I ate at a Jack in the Box just a little north of you recently. It was okay. Probably not worth taking off work to go to the grand opening, which a friend of the family did. I guess he developed a big taste for it living in California and Texas.

If anyone's ever in Dayton, I can vouch for Benjamin's on North Main Street. Burgers are good. Fried chicken is good. Ribs are okay, but not as strongly recommended unless you've got a major hankering for ribs. All pretty cheap.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #982 on: March 26, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »

Are you thinking of Jack in the Box? It doesn't look like there are any In-n-Outs east of Utah, but I ate at a Jack in the Box just a little north of you recently. It was okay. Probably not worth taking off work to go to the grand opening, which a friend of the family did. I guess he developed a big taste for it living in California and Texas.

If anyone's ever in Dayton, I can vouch for Benjamin's on North Main Street. Burgers are good. Fried chicken is good. Ribs are okay, but not as strongly recommended unless you've got a major hankering for ribs. All pretty cheap.

You're right! I knew it was one of those West Coast slop shops. Unlike the unwashed masses, I didn't go out of my way to patronize it.

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #983 on: March 26, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »

There is no In-n-Out here in NM, but I had heard a great deal of praise for the place over the years. On a trip to AZ I finally had the opportunity to try one, and I was very disappointed. Just another fast-food joint.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #984 on: March 26, 2013, 04:35:15 PM »

Except such a place called that does not exist, rather, it is simply called The O(riginal), and the dirty o simply refers to a particular hot dog there :-P

I've had them, and honestly, I agree with you, and five guys reminds me of them,and as such, they are amazing to me
You've been to Essie's Original Hot Dog Shop?

And yes it's nickname is the Dirty O.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. We are probably talking about two different places.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #985 on: March 26, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

Happens here all the time.

When Steak and Shake opened up there was a line for miles. And there still is a year after opening.

And thanks that person, I could have sworn In-N-Out didn't make it to the east yet.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #986 on: March 26, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »

For Steak and Shake? That's not even good by the standards of Midwestern fast casual chains. I don't personally know anyone who likes it. Although apparently Dave Letterman does. I caught part of an episode where he ate from one that opened near his studio. The hot blonde working there was an acquaintance of mine, and I didn't expect her to be on the show at all. So that was kind of a surreal moment. Wish I could find video.

What were we talking about again?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:05:01 PM by That person » Logged

Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #987 on: March 26, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »

Runza.  That is the place to eat when it comes to fast food.  And their fries are tops.

orthros

Faith: Melkite-Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #988 on: March 26, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »

My favorite fries are Culver's.  And you can order a "family sized" basket which is about a zillion fries all in a stryofoam container... mmmmm
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #989 on: March 27, 2013, 02:26:22 AM »

"Steak and Shake" is my favorite sexual euphemism...
Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: