OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 05:04:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 61177 times) Average Rating: 3
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »

Why are you messing with her if you don't know what she is saying?
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........ 

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »

...why.

I don't know. The whole site is confusing. All the people have pictures on their profiles of themselves in various states of undress. Some are even nude! Suffice to say I have reported the nude photos to the administration, but since I obviously haven't gone back to those profiles I don't know if anything has been done about it. It's a very frustrating site.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »

Question #4: I finally got a response from this online dating service I found, fetfriends.com, but I'm a bit confused and want your advice. This woman asked me a bunch of questions, and I don't know how to respond. First she asked me what my hard limits are. I haven't really messed with computers for years, what software/application do you think she is asking about? Second she asked me if I had ever been collared, which is really strange! I mean, I went to a party dressed as a dog one halloween, but how did she know that? Third she asked if I liked water sports, which I do, but since neither of us are near the ocean, or even a large lake, I don't get why she would ask that. And finally she said she was a switch. I think it was a typo and she meant witch. I don't really want to date a witch though. What do I do?

1 - Hard[ware...must have been a typo] limits are pretty much looking for the speed of your computer.  For example, my computer has an i5 processor (tri-core), 6mb of DDR3 RAM, etc.

2 - She is trying to make sure you are not a member of the clergy.  (Many Catholic priests wear those bizarre white things around their neck.  Some Protestants do as well.)  She seems like a very decent and upstanding person and wouldn't want to get involved with someone who is already married or is celibate.

3 - Hello?  You need to get out more.  All you need for water polo is a pool, some horses, and a ball.

4 - She probably means she's a "stitch" meaning she has a good sense of humour and will have you rofl'ing with laughter.

In the future, you should be careful to make sure that the women you are looking for are not witches.  Dating a witch will only get you burned...

I will get to Question #3 eventually.  But I am still trying to find someone who took the effort to get a degree in sex and also has real-world experience with someone other than themselves.  If I was the sort for shameless self-promotion I would direct you towards my book Don't Do It Like They Do On The Discovery Channel - Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Date A Woman Who Thinks She's A Preying Mantis, and Other Helpful Tips, by Dr. Vamrat.  Published by Paladin Press.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:44:04 PM by vamrat » Logged
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »

Question #3: There is an adult book store in my town, and I've been thinking about stopping in. I thought that perhaps if I bought some books there I could learn how to class things up a bit and treat a woman better. I would prefer more academic books, not those self-help kind, but I'm not sure where to start. Can you suggest some authors--preferrably people with college education in the field, but who also have real life experience--that I will probably find in my local store? Thanks!

Can't think of one with college education. OTH, those with a college education and usually found at your local Barnes & Noble, are really not that good anyway. Just watch 2.5 Men and do the opposite of Charlie outside the bedroom and the same as Charlie inside. Or, you can listen to the Charlie Rich's Behind Close Doors, or to any of the hits of Conway Twitty--Slow Hands, may be?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:45:00 PM by Second Chance » Logged

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2011, 03:44:13 PM »

...why.

I don't know. The whole site is confusing. All the people have pictures on their profiles of themselves in various states of undress. Some are even nude! Suffice to say I have reported the nude photos to the administration, but since I obviously haven't gone back to those profiles I don't know if anything has been done about it. It's a very frustrating site.

I think I will play along after Monday.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........ 
You're a very good artist!  Cool

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2011, 12:21:52 AM »

Question #4: I finally got a response from this online dating service I found, fetfriends.com, but I'm a bit confused and want your advice. This woman asked me a bunch of questions, and I don't know how to respond. First she asked me what my hard limits are. I haven't really messed with computers for years, what software/application do you think she is asking about? Second she asked me if I had ever been collared, which is really strange! I mean, I went to a party dressed as a dog one halloween, but how did she know that? Third she asked if I liked water sports, which I do, but since neither of us are near the ocean, or even a large lake, I don't get why she would ask that. And finally she said she was a switch. I think it was a typo and she meant witch. I don't really want to date a witch though. What do I do?

1 - Hard[ware...must have been a typo] limits are pretty much looking for the speed of your computer.  For example, my computer has an i5 processor (tri-core), 6mb of DDR3 RAM, etc.

2 - She is trying to make sure you are not a member of the clergy.  (Many Catholic priests wear those bizarre white things around their neck.  Some Protestants do as well.)  She seems like a very decent and upstanding person and wouldn't want to get involved with someone who is already married or is celibate.

3 - Hello?  You need to get out more.  All you need for water polo is a pool, some horses, and a ball.

4 - She probably means she's a "stitch" meaning she has a good sense of humour and will have you rofl'ing with laughter.

In the future, you should be careful to make sure that the women you are looking for are not witches.  Dating a witch will only get you burned...

I will get to Question #3 eventually.  But I am still trying to find someone who took the effort to get a degree in sex and also has real-world experience with someone other than themselves.  If I was the sort for shameless self-promotion I would direct you towards my book Don't Do It Like They Do On The Discovery Channel - Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Date A Woman Who Thinks She's A Preying Mantis, and Other Helpful Tips, by Dr. Vamrat.  Published by Paladin Press.

You owe me a new laptop.  And also compensation for the pain and suffering of blowing hot coffee through my nose.  Remember, I know where you live!

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
ndigila

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Alexandria (Archdiocese of Kenya)

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »

There's horses in Water Polo?  Wouldn't that be suicidal?

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2011, 04:48:17 AM »

1) She's probably talking about your hard disk drive. You should be able to get more info in My Computer (if you are a Windows user).
2) She's talking about coats with high collar
3) She's inviting you to go to the seaside with her
4) She probably meant she has a hair switch

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »

These answers have been most helpful! I am still interested in what the zen master orthonormo has to say though.  police

I also have an actual question (ie. my second legitimate question on the thread)...

Question #5: When a woman winks at you, does it always mean she's interested in a relationship?

I realise that I'm hardly movie star material in the looks department, but in the last year I've had some strange winks, one from a therapist, and one from a woman who appeared to be 12-15 years older than me.  Definitely "lol wut?" moments for me.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »

and one from a woman who appeared to be 12-15 years older than me. 
Can't speak for orthonorm, but I would say that this firmly plants you in the MILF's target demographic.

They are sassy, usually wise, and know how to bake delicious baked goods.

My answer comes from experience from having older women constantly hit on my husband. I never have to bake anything!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »

Why is it that women don't seem to mind it when an older woman hits on their significant other, but God forbid if some young lass flirts with the same.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2011, 11:05:45 AM »

Why is it that women don't seem to mind it when an older woman hits on their significant other, but God forbid if some young lass flirts with the same.
That's actually a good question that I can't answer. Husband has actually dated older women, so you think I would be threatened. Some of them have been ridiculously brazen too, asking him out constantly when we were engaged.

But then again, he is more bothered when younger men hit on me, versus older men. And I have always preferred older men, so would that go for the men, too?

I guess they see them as less of a threat because of their age? Which isn't entirely fair.

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »

You owe me a new laptop.  And also compensation for the pain and suffering of blowing hot coffee through my nose.  Remember, I know where you live!

You can have my old one, if you can figure out how to load a new OS on it.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »

That's actually a good question that I can't answer. Husband has actually dated older women, so you think I would be threatened. Some of them have been ridiculously brazen too, asking him out constantly when we were engaged.

But then again, he is more bothered when younger men hit on me, versus older men. And I have always preferred older men, so would that go for the men, too?

I guess they see them as less of a threat because of their age? Which isn't entirely fair.

It's very amusing for me when you consider that my wife is incredibly threatened by my one ex, who is six years younger than me, but is quite okay with me still having a friendly relationship with another ex, who is exactly one year older than I.  I think my wife actually wants to meet her. 

I share far more things in common with the latter than with the former and I'm convinced it's the age thing.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »

These answers have been most helpful! I am still interested in what the zen master orthonormo has to say though.  police

I also have an actual question (ie. my second legitimate question on the thread)...

Question #5: When a woman winks at you, does it always mean she's interested in a relationship?

I realise that I'm hardly movie star material in the looks department, but in the last year I've had some strange winks, one from a therapist, and one from a woman who appeared to be 12-15 years older than me.  Definitely "lol wut?" moments for me.

Orthonorm is following the fast.  We will switch places on Monday, but for now you are just going to have to deal with the half-wit substitute!

Sometimes a wink is just a wink.  Sometimes it is an eye irritation.  Sometimes they are propositioning you to act as though you were consummating a marriage.  Assuming that it is one of the first two will have no ill side effects.  Assuming it is the third can lead to a court order.

Hit on the therapist if you must.  She probably has lots of g-money.  Remember what Cicero said.  The sinews of war a successful relationship are infinite money.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:28:20 AM by vamrat » Logged
Punch
Protokentarchos

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »

You can have my old one, if you can figure out how to load a new OS on it.

If it can play the tank battle game, you are on.  But then again, if it could, you would not have got a new one, right?

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »

It's very amusing for me when you consider that my wife is incredibly threatened by my one ex, who is six years younger than me, but is quite okay with me still having a friendly relationship with another ex, who is exactly one year older than I.  I think my wife actually wants to meet her. 

I share far more things in common with the latter than with the former and I'm convinced it's the age thing.

I am overly generalizing here, but I feel threatened (not gonna lie) by the ones even younger than me. Young girls look and dress so maturely nowadays that my guy friends stare at a girl for a long time before finding out that she's 16. How do I, with my senior year post-thesis weight gain, health problems, undereye circles from work, even venture to compete against that?

Like I said though, it's unfair to just be jealous of the younger women, because older women are typically very, very direct and men like that, too.

--
--
Punch
Protokentarchos

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »

I think my wife would be more worried the other way.  She knows that I like older women.  The younger they are, the less interested that I am.  However, to address your question with pseudo-science, the younger lass is looking for a sugar daddy.  The older one is just looking for a good time, and may even let your wife join the fun.  But then again, I could be wrong.  Vamrat should probably answer this.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »

Sometimes a wink is just a wink.  Sometimes it is an eye irritation.  Sometimes they are propositioning you to act as though you were consummating a marriage.  Assuming that it is one of the first two will have no ill side effects.  Assuming it is the third can lead to a court order.
It's usually number 2. I'm just saying.

--
--
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »

This is a bit of a let down. I was hoping yuns guys would tell me that winks were universal signs for "please systematically ravage me!"  Well, anyway...

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2011, 02:37:10 PM »

This is a bit of a let down. I was hoping yuns guys would tell me that winks were universal signs for "please systematically ravage me!"  Well, anyway...
Actually to be serious, I never wink intentionally. If I do, I'm like "Shoot, when did I start liking this guy?"

Not to say that it's a ravage green light  Tongue, but I don't give out my winks too easily. Other women should chime in; I'm sure that I am not a good representative sample.

--
--
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »

This is a bit of a let down. I was hoping yuns guys would tell me that winks were universal signs for "please systematically ravage me!"  Well, anyway...
Actually to be serious, I never wink intentionally. If I do, I'm like "Shoot, when did I start liking this guy?"

Not to say that it's a ravage green light  Tongue, but I don't give out my winks too easily. Other women should chime in; I'm sure that I am not a good representative sample.

And see, I never wink in a sexual way.  It's more to show I am teasing.  When I am in a naughty mood you can tell because I am breathing and have a pulse.  All other times than those, I am probably stiff.  (Edit - I am referring to rigor mortis, BTW)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:03:23 PM by vamrat » Logged
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

LOL that edit was necessary.  Cheesy

--
--
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »

Not to say that it's a ravage green light  Tongue, but I don't give out my winks too easily. Other women should chime in; I'm sure that I am not a good representative sample.

Oh, so now the winks were a sign? Or not? You people need to make up your minds! Tongue

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »

MY winks are a sign. I cannot say as much for the women in your examples.  Wink

Oops!

--
--
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »

Women. *shakes head* On average they seem to have a larger indecision nucleus than they used to  Lips Sealed

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2011, 12:33:22 AM »

a wee bit of caution

(the following post contains part of the BDSM culture, which some may find squeamish. that is why im attempting to hide it in spoiler tags, if possible)

[spoiler]The idea of being collared is the public act of submission in a master(mistress)/slave relationship. BDSM consists of the idea of a Dominant(Dom) and a Submissive(Sub). the M/S relationship takes this to the extreme, with the sub literally and willingly entering a slave relationship, in order to serve their master/mistress and please them, which in turn pleases and sastifies the sub. the collaring ceromony is the public sign of this

By her asking if you are collared, it is practically asking if you are a submissive in a relationship, and or during sex

wiki link on this, the picture that is on here shows a collar attached to a neck, and there are no inapproaite pictures on this page, though i will not vouch for the sublinks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master/slave_(BDSM)/[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:33:34 AM by montalo » Logged

SCREW BON JOVI!
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »

Oh my little baby is all grown-up, actually it ain't.

While this thread has gotten longer in my absence, I return calloused from hundreds of prostrations an hour to our Holy Lady with even greater insight into the topic at hand than when I left you all wandering in the dark, the state of manhood in this forum hasn't altered an iota.

Many thanks to vamrat for his advice while I was away, if not for its utility then for its wit.

And looking over the thread, many here have obvious anger toward women.

At first, I will be ministering to those poor anemic men who lack the courage and confidence to have more than a passing friendship with a woman.

But I'll get to you bitter types as well, for you both are two sides of the same coin.

God willing, I will start where I left off sometime this weekend.

And yes, lest this fall into the realm of mere navel gazing, I will be drawing upon examples from my own life and of those of all the lesser men I have known.

Till then.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »

Listen ladies, men only have two emotions: horny and hungry. So if we don't have an erection, go and make us a sandwich.

Thanks!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »

Ah Ortho,

serious or joking?  Because most of this thread has been about making jokes.  Grin  You will need to do one of those weird smiley faces... if you're joking!  Cool

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2011, 09:52:34 PM »

Listen ladies, men only have two emotions: horny and hungry. So if we don't have an erection, go and make us a sandwich.

Thanks!

Don't forget tired.

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2011, 10:01:28 PM »

You guys all clearly need Orthonorm's column.

And then he needs a woman to whip him into shape.*

End of story.

Wink

(Although if his OP is right, he should have 5 or 6 nagging supporting him right now.)

--
--
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »

best and easiest piece of advice

the woman is always right

SCREW BON JOVI!
TheodoraElizabeth3
Elder

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2011, 10:42:28 PM »

Thanks!

Hah! I love to cook!  Wink
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »

Sometimes I wish you guys are hungry more often LOL.

--
--
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »

[spoiler]The idea of being collared is the public act of submission in a master(mistress)/slave relationship. BDSM consists of the idea of a Dominant(Dom) and a Submissive(Sub). the M/S relationship takes this to the extreme, with the sub literally and willingly entering a slave relationship, in order to serve their master/mistress and please them, which in turn pleases and sastifies the sub. the collaring ceromony is the public sign of this

True doms require their slaves to get slave registry tattoos...  just sayin Smiley

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »

Question #6: Ok, so I met this girl in my sociology class. When the teacher asked us to partner up for a project this girl came over to me and asked if I had a partner yet, and since I didn't she sat down and joined me. She seems so nice and sweet, like she smiles a lot and looks at me all the time. And not just regular eye contact, but she seems really interested in everything I have to say. She laughs at all my jokes as well, it's great. It does get a little awkward though because she touches me all the time when she laughs, like she'll touch my arm or something. Anyway, so she gave me her number in case I wanted to study together. I really like her! But how do I know if she's interested, and whether to ask her out or not? I think maybe I shouldn't, because she'd be flirting with me if she was interested, right?

Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »

I should probably be subscribed to this thread for the rest of my life.  laugh
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »

Question #6: Ok, so I met this girl in my sociology class. When the teacher asked us to partner up for a project this girl came over to me and asked if I had a partner yet, and since I didn't she sat down and joined me. She seems so nice and sweet, like she smiles a lot and looks at me all the time. And not just regular eye contact, but she seems really interested in everything I have to say. She laughs at all my jokes as well, it's great. It does get a little awkward though because she touches me all the time when she laughs, like she'll touch my arm or something. Anyway, so she gave me her number in case I wanted to study together. I really like her! But how do I know if she's interested, and whether to ask her out or not? I think maybe I shouldn't, because she'd be flirting with me if she was interested, right?

ROFL

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:36 AM »

Watch your wallet mate.....

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2011, 02:47:08 AM »

Question #7: Ok, so I decided to call that girl I mentioned in my last post, because there is a test coming up and I really need to study some more. Here is how the conversation went:

[I call her and the phone is ringing, then she picks up]
Sarah: Hello?
Justin: Oh, uh, hi!
Sarah: Barry?
Justin: Um, no, it's Justin. From sociology class.
Sarah: Oh, right! What's up?
Justin: Well, you said maybe to call you if I wanted to study together, so I thought maybe we could set something up.
Sarah: Sure hun, how about tomorrow night?
Justin: Ok, do you want to meet at the school?
Sarah: Not really.
Justin: We could always go to the public library?
Sarah: Huh? No...
Justin: Well... er...
Sarah: How about your place?
Justin: Oh, my place? Yeah, I guess we could do that, if you want to...
Sarah: Definitely. Can't wait.
Justin: Right, I guess it's better, cause it'll be quieter and we can focus more on school work.
Sarah: Oh... yeah, school work...
Justin: So I'll see you tomorrow at my place? What time?
Sarah: Maybe 8?
Justin: At night?
Sarah: Sure, why not?
Justin: Oh, I just thought you'd come earlier so we'd have more time to study, that's all.
Sarah: I don't mind staying late.
Justin: Oh, ok, I don't mind studying late either, I'm a night owl.
Sarah: See you tomorrow.
[hangs up phone]

Ok, so we're all set up. She even texted me afterwards to confirm our "date," as she called it (since she was texting I guess she just didn't want to type out "study date"). Anyway, here's my problem: I've never had someone over to study with me. What should I expect? I know the obvious stuff to do: lots of lighting, no distractions like music, etc., so we can really focus on sociology. But what else? Like should I offer her a drink as soon as she gets here, or wait for a while, or what? Should it be soda or fruit juice, or just avoid the sweet stuff and stick with water? Should I sit across from her or beside her? Should we use two books or share one? Also, what if she keeps touching me again like I mentioned in my previous post? That could get awkard, who wants to be touched constantly by a girl you hardly know? If that happens would it be rude to cut the studying short? I told my buddy about Sarah coming over and he just laughed and said "About time. Good for you."  What does this mean? Is studying with someone really that different than studying alone? I really don't want to mess this up, if it works out this could be the key to me getting an A, and maybe even a good reference from this teacher when I transfer schools!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:50:36 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2011, 03:00:27 AM »

LMFAO

Come on dude is this for real?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2011, 03:22:47 AM »

LMFAO

Come on dude is this for real?

What do you mean? 

Someone please answer before tomorrow night!

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:28 AM »

She wants to have sex with you and all you can think about is studying.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: