OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 08:11:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 60588 times) Average Rating: 3
Big Chris
Formerly "mint"
Elder

Faith: Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte, NC

I live by the river where the old gods still dream

« Reply #630 on: May 17, 2012, 08:23:43 AM »

I'm disgusted with myself.

My fiance has been in Chicago for 3 weeks, and I'm lonely, I have no friends outside of work, no one to talk to really, and I've been flirting and entertaining thoughts with this assistant at the chiropractor's office.  Luckily I don't have the gumption to ever do anything about it, but still, I disgust myself.

‎"Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?"
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-11)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:42:47 AM by mint » Logged

Tasting is Believing
witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #631 on: May 17, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »

BTW, who is the Saint (or Saints) for single people who are seeking a relationship (or however I should put it)?

I don't know if there's an 'official' answer, but a good place to start might be St. Basil the Elder and his wife St. Emmilia of Caesarea. And their son, St. Gregory of Nyssa.

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #632 on: May 17, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »

BTW, who is the Saint (or Saints) for single people who are seeking a relationship (or however I should put it)?

I don't know if there's an 'official' answer, but a good place to start might be St. Basil the Elder and his wife St. Emmilia of Caesarea. And their son, St. Gregory of Nyssa.

I have prayed to the Theotokos, St. Nicholas, and at times to St. Xenia of St. Petersburg.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #633 on: May 17, 2012, 12:39:46 PM »

As usual, Asteriktos, I appreciate the insight. I haven't up hope yet, and I haven't truly begun to fight (so-to-speak).

One of these days, I suppose I'll have to find myself a girlfriend. Trouble is: most girls around me at college either have different priorities at this point int their lives, are more concerned with alcohol and sex, or have been indoctrinated into all sorts of 3rd wave feminist causes. Not to mention the fact that I've always thought myself too busy with studies (and too broke) to have a relationship.

Hopefully this will change soon.

Also, I'm not just my parents' only child, I'm the only grandchild on both sides. Pressures kinda on me. Tongue

In which case, after you are received into orthodoxy, then become a monastic Tongue

I've never really felt the calling to be a monastic, though, which is why I'm hoping that it's the married life for me.

Either way, I'm 22. I have plenty of years left to discern these things. Heh, my Dad didn't marry until he was 35 (and he was a Roman Catholic--at the time--so I assume there was some pressure on him to be a monastic).

*wooooooooooosh*

that went right over your head Tongue

SCREW BON JOVI!
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #634 on: May 17, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »

As usual, Asteriktos, I appreciate the insight. I haven't up hope yet, and I haven't truly begun to fight (so-to-speak).

One of these days, I suppose I'll have to find myself a girlfriend. Trouble is: most girls around me at college either have different priorities at this point int their lives, are more concerned with alcohol and sex, or have been indoctrinated into all sorts of 3rd wave feminist causes. Not to mention the fact that I've always thought myself too busy with studies (and too broke) to have a relationship.

Hopefully this will change soon.

Also, I'm not just my parents' only child, I'm the only grandchild on both sides. Pressures kinda on me. Tongue

In which case, after you are received into orthodoxy, then become a monastic Tongue

I've never really felt the calling to be a monastic, though, which is why I'm hoping that it's the married life for me.

Either way, I'm 22. I have plenty of years left to discern these things. Heh, my Dad didn't marry until he was 35 (and he was a Roman Catholic--at the time--so I assume there was some pressure on him to be a monastic).

*wooooooooooosh*

that went right over your head Tongue
I apologize. Sometimes my sarcasm/joke interpreter goes on the fritz. Tongue

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #635 on: May 19, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »

Ok, so this post isn't about dating a girl, it's about a different type of relationship. I was at the gym yesterday morning doing my Quads. I do double split a few days a week, and on Fridays it's quads in the morning and then hams/calves in the afternoon. So I'm doing my quad workout, on my 13th set of squats, going atg but I was doing drop sets so I only had bout tree fiddy on there. Anyway, so I'm checkout my form out in the mirror and I see this guy behind me on the leg press, and I was lulzing, like.. really... leg press? What a noob.  So this guy sees me looking at him, and after a couple minutes he comes over to me, and he's like "hey, can I work in?"  and I say "yeah, if you want, but I'm just about done anyway"  and he's like "oh ok, you want a spotter?"  and I'm like "nah brah, I got this"  and he's like  "ok". 

Anyway, so I get to the 15th set and he's still hanging around and making me nervous as hell. And he keeps looking at me the whole time. Whatever. But then he comes up to me and he's like "yo man, I think your form is off, you want me to spot you? I don't mind". At that point I was just annoyed, and only had one set to go, so I was like "yeah ok" and he was like "well alright, cool" and I was like "ok last set" and he was like "yeah let's get serious up in here".  So I start going down on the first rep of my last set--oh, and I'm on the Smith Machine, cause I don't like squat or power racks--and he's huggin the back of me and getting all close and stuff. It was really uncomfortable!  But anyway I finish and think that's it, so time to get my cardio in and get going (for cardio I walk down to the GNC in the same strip mall).

Then the guy's like "wait are you leaving?" and I'm like "yeah brah, I'm done for the day, did my squattin" and he's like "hey man, I need to work calves, could you help me out before you go?" and I didn't really want to, but I was like "yeah I guess". But then I thought about it and I was like "wait, why do you need help with calves?" and he was like "I wanna do donkey calf raises" and I was like "we don't even have that machine" and he's like "nah bro, I do things old school" and I was like "er, like arnold with those chicks on his back in pumping iron?" and he was like "yeah man, best calves exercise there is, hits your gastrocnemius like a mofo, none of that soleus crap". Well I didn't know what to do. But I had already said I'd help, so I ended up helping him. He kept wanting to do more and more sets though, and he was always like "come on man, just one more set?"  So finally I said "ok bro I need to get going, I'm almost to the end of my half hour window for my post workout meal, and if I don't get it in the next couple minutes all my work will be for nothing" and he was like "yeah I feel ya".

So I turn around to leave, but then he's like "hey man, hold on a sec, I been lookin for a workout partner, you wanna start liftin together?" and I was like "well I really don't lift with other people, I sorta like to lift alone" and he was like "aww see I think we could make some massive gains if we helped each other, ya know? don't you wanna be a beast?" and I was like "well yeah, everyone wants to be the freak, but I just don't know" and he was like "well hey, why don't we get together for lunch some time and we can talk about it?" and I was like "er... what? can't we just talk on facebook or something?" and he was like "hey man, I just wanna get to know you better, you feel me brotha?" and I was like "um..." and then he winked at me.

I don't know what to do. Help!

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #636 on: May 19, 2012, 12:30:01 AM »

Cheesy

Sounds totally legit. I mean, he said "gastrocnemius" and everything.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #637 on: May 19, 2012, 12:47:44 AM »

Hyperdox Herman does not approve of homosexuality; it is a godless Greek invention.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:48:00 AM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #638 on: May 19, 2012, 12:48:39 AM »

Hyperdox Herman does not approve of homosexuality; it is a godless Greek invention.

And sodomy is a Godless Latinization.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #639 on: May 19, 2012, 01:08:28 AM »

Be Clear, Be Polite, Don't Freeze Him Out

The Best Way to Turn a Guy Down
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:09:12 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #640 on: May 19, 2012, 01:44:50 AM »

And sodomy is a Godless Latinization.

Be Clear, Be Polite, Don't Freeze Him Out

The Best Way to Turn a Guy Down

Huh  Huh  What? ZZ understood the situation, I think... I'm not sure what you men folk are trying to imply. I just want to know whether to make him my workout partner?

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #641 on: May 22, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »

I had a date with a guy from a campaign I am volunteering on, and I am friendzoned, but some of the reasons I don't think were entirely clear about where I stand on them.  I don't know if I should say anything about them or not because this isn't enough to change anything right now. Depending on his job situation and how much he would be interested in getting married in a few years (I want to get married in a few years because I think it takes a couple years to get to know a person that well but I do want to get married), it might change something.

I came off rushed as to how fast I would be bf/gf or came off like that because we went a little far a little fast-which was fun but it also made me stop and talk about where we were going too soon, and because I really liked him and probably should not have been reading so many dating articles that day in the hopes of it going well.  

I am also ok with going slowly-though I don't understand this being friends first thing if that means only thinking platonically about a person for a while.  Is that what it means? You can only be 100% platonic with and about the person first?  If I am more interested in finding out if a guy and I are compatible when I meet a rareguy who could be the kind of guy that I want, does that mean my approach to relationshipsfundamentally differs from being friends first?

Also, I would have been less involved in the campaign if it did get awkward after a breakup or fight or something. I'm more involved because I have little reason not to be.  I have another avenue not to achieve one of the biggest reasons I started volunteering.  I was also unclear on something that I think could easily be resolved with regard to a boundar I have.I respect his reasons for friendzoning me, but with regard to some of them, I would rather know that I am rejected for what I am and where I stand than for a misconception.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:02:49 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #642 on: May 22, 2012, 05:41:50 PM »

I had a date with a guy from a campaign I am volunteering on, and I am friendzoned, but some of the reasons I don't think were entirely clear about where I stand on them.  I don't know if I should say anything about them or not because this isn't enough to change anything right now. Depending on his job situation and how much he would be interested in getting married in a few years (I want to get married in a few years because I think it takes a couple years to get to know a person that well but I do want to get married), it might change something.

I came off rushed as to how fast I would be bf/gf or came off like that because we went a little far a little fast-which was fun but it also made me stop and talk about where we were going too soon, and because I really liked him and probably should not have been reading so many dating articles that day in the hopes of it going well.  

I am also ok with going slowly-though I don't understand this being friends first thing if that means only thinking platonically about a person for a while.  Is that what it means? You can only be 100% platonic with and about the person first?  If I am more interested in finding out if a guy and I are compatible when I meet a rareguy who could be the kind of guy that I want, does that mean my approach to relationshipsfundamentally differs from being friends first?

Also, I would have been less involved in the campaign if it did get awkward after a breakup or fight or something. I'm more involved because I have little reason not to be.  I have another avenue not to achieve one of the biggest reasons I started volunteering.  I was also unclear on something that I think could easily be resolved with regard to a boundar I have.I respect his reasons for friendzoning me, but with regard to some of them, I would rather know that I am rejected for what I am and where I stand than for a misconception.

Since this is a joke thread, let me start off by saying, Great Platypus.

Now, since I think you are being serious...friendzoning is pretty much a rejection.  Without knowing what reasons he gave you I cannot make many inferences about this, but I think it is reasonably safe to say you have been rejected.  Also, how far things rushed could play a major part in it.  If he got all he was after quickly, then there really was no need for him to stick around afterwards.  I know this probably sounds callous...but well, that's kind of what it is.

All the same, the best of luck to you.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #643 on: May 22, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »

I have prayed to the Theotokos, St. Nicholas, and at times to St. Xenia of St. Petersburg.

Crossing them off my list then... 

Grin

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #644 on: May 22, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »

Grin

Oh My ! this is one of the funniest things I've read! ROFL!!! laugh laugh laugh

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #645 on: May 22, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »

Grin

Ugh.

EDIT - Let's not blame the Saints for my numerous failures!    police
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:08:36 PM by vamrat » Logged
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #646 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

Grin

Ugh.

+++huggs+++ Grin

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #647 on: May 22, 2012, 07:14:52 PM »

Grin

Ugh.

Its all perspective, you see, the  would have been disaster you have avoided is because of them. in that sense you have not failed but remain a success.When you meet the right person it will be clearer to you then that how much you need to be thankful for avoiding all those would have been failures... so .... perserver in your prayers to them.   Smiley

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #648 on: May 22, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »

Grin

Ugh.

Its all perspective, you see, the  would have been disaster you have avoided is because of them. in that sense you have not failed but remain a success.When you meet the right person it will be clearer to you then that how much you need to be thankful for avoiding all those would have been failures... so .... perserver in your prayers to them.   Smiley

That's why I don't loose faith in prayer.  God has pulled my rear out of the fire enough times and if we are only going to get one boon, that's a good one to have!  (Honestly, God has blessed me plenty, it's just the areas that are lacking that are always the most noticeable!)
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #649 on: May 22, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »

Grin

Ugh.

That's why I don't loose faith in prayer.  God has pulled my rear out of the fire enough times and if we are only going to get one boon, that's a good one to have!  (Honestly, God has blessed me plenty, it's just the areas that are lacking that are always the most noticeable!)

I hear you! sometimes we need to be saved from ourselves. I too have been saved in that manner plenty of times. the world is crowded with what is fake,more than what is real and holy.  I believe that if a person  wants what is true in every sense of the term, then it takes a all the faithful commitment to that end that you can make. even at the risk of never finding it in the manner we wanted, we still can say, I will seek what God will be glorified in, what is holy and true,without God I want nothing, Thy will be done! settling for less will cause everyone unnecessary pain, and fails to fulfil the purpose of the christian marriage... to grow in holiness together. So what is the point of knowingly erring in such gigantic proportions, with such serious consequences?

No matter what the world may say, how much pressure to conform is put upon the person. The Christian has one ultimate purpose and can not deviate from it and still be a disciple. it is that serious. so trust God,do your part in all things that are yours to do, and he will do what is his to do. the feeding of the birds is his job, the flying to where the food is , is their job. the raising of Lazarus from the dead was his job, the removing of the stone was their job. so there is always cooperation with grace in all things.

May the Peace of the Lord be with us! Smiley

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #650 on: May 23, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »

OK so Anastasia, I have been thinking about what you said, and I can not comment on it with out knowing certain elements, which I am not going to ask anyway. however , I thought listening to this video might give you one or two helpful ideas about Christian dating and its purpose. you may or may not agree with all that the abuna have to say about it, but it might still be helpful in some way. God bless you.

Purpose of Christian Dating Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp8ZWFbu-fM

Purpose of Christian Dating part 2 :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBmprQKq2mE&feature=relmfu

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #651 on: May 30, 2012, 12:14:24 AM »

One tip for y'all...I've always been of the retarded opinion that you shouldn't compliment  woman on her looks right away.  I figured it would make you seem shallow and such.  You should compliment her one something else.  Perhaps an shared interest or on her intelligence or personality.  WRONG.  Wrong.  Compliment her on her looks.  Over the last few days I've found that if you compliment her on how she looks she will respond positively.    I mean, seriously.  Every single one.

Also, if you are talking to her online don't type to her while you are drunk.  I haven't done this yet but it doesn't seems like a good idea.

Peace, ninjas.
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #652 on: May 30, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »

One tip for y'all...I've always been of the retarded opinion that you shouldn't compliment  woman on her looks right away.  I figured it would make you seem shallow and such.  You should compliment her one something else.  Perhaps an shared interest or on her intelligence or personality.  WRONG.  Wrong.  Compliment her on her looks.  Over the last few days I've found that if you compliment her on how she looks she will respond positively.    I mean, seriously.  Every single one.

Also, if you are talking to her online don't type to her while you are drunk.  I haven't done this yet but it doesn't seems like a good idea.

Peace, ninjas.

And never tell them that they look like the South end of a mule heading North.  Of course, that usually happens when one is typing drunk.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #653 on: May 30, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »

Peace, ninjas.

Also, don't type ANYTHING while you have a bit of rum in you.  Horrible spelling and grammatical errors may ensue. 

[hangs head in shame]
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #654 on: May 30, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »

Peace, ninjas.

And never tell them that they look like the South end of a mule heading North.  Of course, that usually happens when one is typing drunk.

Ha!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #655 on: June 14, 2012, 05:25:41 AM »

I could use some advice

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #656 on: June 14, 2012, 05:52:08 AM »

I could use some advice

1) Never get involved in a land war in asia
2) Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #657 on: June 14, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »

I could use some advice

Unless you're Genghis Kahn.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #658 on: June 14, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »

I could use some advice

He doesn't count.  The "no land wars in Asia" is a rule for white people to heed.  The Asians tend to do pretty well in their own wars...well, at least one side does.

What advice are you looking for, James?  If you are in need of dating tips I will share you the wealth of my experience.  Then, if you do the opposite, your chances for success will be assured!

BTW, I have a date tonight.
Chances of getting stood up: Fair
Chances of getting a third date with her: Vague (will know more later)
Chances of me feeling nervous: Certain

God have mercy!
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #659 on: June 14, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »

I could use some advice

He doesn't count.  The "no land wars in Asia" is a rule for white people to heed.  The Asians tend to do pretty well in their own wars...well, at least one side does.

What advice are you looking for, James?  If you are in need of dating tips I will share you the wealth of my experience.  Then, if you do the opposite, your chances for success will be assured!

BTW, I have a date tonight.
Chances of getting stood up: Fair
Chances of getting a third date with her: Vague (will know more later)
Chances of me feeling nervous: Certain

God have mercy!

Vamrat,
  Good luck on your date tonight!  Don't be nervous, just remember that for every "bad" date you go on, you are one date closer to finding your true love!   It took me a while to find the right person, and I went on a lot of dates and I wonder now why I was so nervous.  Some were quite strange, such as this guy who worked with a friend, on the way out to a party he felt the need to stop of at KMart to look at men's underwear.  Huh  So as long as you don't take her to the underwear section of Walmart, you have nothing to feel nervous about!

Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:00:03 PM by Adela » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #660 on: June 14, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »

It is an education process for me as I learn about the psychology of spiritual apostasy. And others get the benefit of perhaps hearing righteousness for the first time.

I love you, vamrat.

Please tell us all about your date tonight, good luck!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #661 on: June 14, 2012, 01:16:28 PM »

Some were quite strange, such as this guy who worked with a friend, on the way out to a party he felt the need to stop of at KMart to look at men's underwear.  Huh  So as long as you don't take her to the underwear section of Walmart, you have nothing to feel nervous about!

Smiley

Sometimes you really have to wonder... Undecided

Big Chris
Formerly "mint"
Elder

Faith: Inquirer
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte, NC

I live by the river where the old gods still dream

« Reply #662 on: June 14, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »

Don't be nervous, just remember that for every "bad" date you go on, you are one date closer to finding your true love!  

When I finally took the attitude, "If this doesn't work out, I'll still be okay," things started working out.

Tasting is Believing
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #663 on: June 14, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »

Don't be nervous, just remember that for every "bad" date you go on, you are one date closer to finding your true love!  

When I finally took the attitude, "If this doesn't work out, I'll still be okay," things started working out.

I kind have gotten to that attitude as it is.  I honestly wasn't even expecting a call back from her when I got a text this morning on the way into work.  IDK.  Thanks for all the kind words.  Achronos and Adela as well.  I'll let you know how it crashes and burns turns out!

(BTW, my sig is unattributed, but comes from that second greatest OC.net philosopher - amartin.)
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #664 on: June 14, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »

(BTW, my sig is unattributed, but comes from that second greatest OC.net philosopher - amartin.)
Do I dare ask who is the first?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #665 on: June 14, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »

It is an education process for me as I learn about the psychology of spiritual apostasy. And others get the benefit of perhaps hearing righteousness for the first time.

I love you, vamrat.

Please tell us all about your date tonight, good luck!

I was sad to hear that the quote did not come from an Inquisitor.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #666 on: June 14, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »

Three guesses!

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #667 on: June 14, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »

Three guesses!

1. amartin
2. amartin
3. amartin

(He's also the 3rd greatest OC.net philosopher, in case you were wondering.)

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #668 on: June 14, 2012, 02:41:54 PM »

Three guesses!

1. pasadi
2. Dattaswami
3. ? Mystery guess

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #669 on: June 14, 2012, 02:46:58 PM »

Three guesses!

1. pasadi
2. Dattaswami
3. ? Mystery guess

If you search through my previous posting, at least once in my life I stated that I wished I was this person.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #670 on: June 14, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »

Three guesses!

1. pasadi
2. Dattaswami
3. ? Mystery guess

If you search through my previous posting, at least once in my life I stated that I wished I was this person.

Amartin?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2012, 03:35:57 PM »

Well the thing I need advice with is how to get over someone. Like two years ago, there was this one girl that I absolutely loved. She was like my best friend and we both had romantic feelings for each other. We would literally talk to each other 24/7, spend as much time together as we could and when we could not be together we would be on the phone all of the time or text messaging each other. We knew everything about each other; our deepest fears, embarassing things, ambitions etc. No one knew me better than she did and no one knew her better than I did. But, for some reason I cannot remember, we got into a bad fight, and so, we stopped talking to each other for like a year. But then after that year went by, we finally started talking again and saw each other a couple times. But, now it feels like we are absolute strangers. That special bond we had is entirely gone and destroyed; it is like we've separated into two absolutely different people like strangers that can barely hold a conversation with each other now. Oftentimes I find myself scolding myself for allowing us to have that fight and screwing this all up.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »

Perhaps...

For the record, I hope to someday reincarnate as orthonorm.

...?

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #673 on: June 14, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »

Perhaps...

For the record, I hope to someday reincarnate as orthonorm.

...?

Ding ding ding ding!

Your prize is that I will change my avatar to which ever Irish Saint that starts with a 'P' and has a feast day in March that you would like, and I will donate $10 to the terrorist organization of your choosing...(not really)!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #674 on: June 14, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

Ding ding ding ding!

Your prize is that I will change my avatar to which ever Irish Saint that starts with a 'P' and has a feast day in March that you would like, and I will donate $10 to the terrorist organization of your choosing...(not really)!

I tried to find a Saint that matched those criteria, other than St. Patrick, but came up empty Sad I really wanted that prize!  Tongue  (some came close though, like St. Piran, who was maybe from Ireland, and maybe has a feast day in March, but I'm not sure if he is glorified by any Orthodox; another one was St. Psalmodius, who was from Ireland and also possibly has a feast day in March, and again I'm not sure if the Orthodox glorify him).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:24:38 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: