OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 07:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 58468 times) Average Rating: 3
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2011, 01:22:54 PM »

In other words, that both parties should help in domestic duties. If one party is stronger in a particular skill, then the other party should be happy to compensate in other areas.

Exactly. That's why I use the remote control & DVR and the mrs cooks dinner  Cheesy

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
TITL

Faith: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »

Cooking is fun (when I'm in the mood), but I guess I have an advantage over others cause my mom is only home on the weekends (my dad is always working), and starving isn't an option in this house! Wink

So it's forced upon me.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »

Why is there all this discussion as if cooking and cleaning must all be one sided? It is not some new fangled feminist idealogy, but rather time-tested Orthodox theology that teaches us that marriage is a partnership. (That is why both the man and woman are crowned King and Queen of their household in the crowning ceremony.)

In other words, that both parties should help in domestic duties. If one party is stronger in a particular skill, then the other party should be happy to compensate in other areas.

For any man or woman to try to capitalize on a talent for their own benefit is selfish, and a recipe for relationship disaster.

To play these games of "I'm not going to keep my apartment too clean when she comes over" or "I'm not going to cook when she comes over" is silly.

If the person you are interested in truly is "patient, kind, is not self-seeking, easily angered, or keeps no record of wrongs" (1 Cor 13:4-7), then they will not be looking out for THEIR best interests, but for the interests of the relationship.

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was understood to be mainly tongue-in-cheek. There was a whole three pages about goat-to-fiance purchase rates, after all.

Well, cooking skills are rare in women these days. In the past 12 years I've only met two women who can actually cook, and both of those had actually gone to cooking school to be chefs. As their room-mate I thought it would be awesome- after all, one of my first room-mates had gone to bar-tending school and always brought homework home... alas, these girls didn't.

You had girl roommates?!  Shocked

I wasn't always Orthodox. But in the interests of full disclosure, there was never any hanky-panky going on with the room-mates (hanky-panky in my un-illumined days being a strictly outside the home thing).

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2011, 02:29:31 PM »

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was understood to be mainly tongue-in-cheek. There was a whole three pages about goat-to-fiance purchase rates, after all.

What, you guys were only kidding about that?  No wonder Western marriages don't last...I mean nothing says commitment like exchanged livestock.  Grin

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »

What, you guys were only kidding about that?  No wonder Western marriages don't last...I mean nothing says commitment like exchanged livestock.  Grin

.... Until your wife finds out you bargained her father down to one goat.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »

I assure you, there was no kidding on my part...  I got my GF for a Parrot and a Cat.  There's some bargain hunting for you.
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »

.... Until your wife finds out you bargained her father down to one goat.

It's called driving a bargain, a timeless tradition. My friend, it would be dishonorable to do otherwise.

OK, enough about livestock. Back to Orthonorm's apothegmatic words. We await thee, my liege...

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »

I assure you, there was no kidding on my part...  I got my GF for a Parrot and a Cat.  There's some bargain hunting for you.
Mr. Ismi got me for free. Sad If it weren't for you wise men, I wouldn't have known about this dowry thing. Thanks for breeding a lifetime of resentment in our one-year marriage.

Tongue

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »

Mr. Ismi got me for free. Sad If it weren't for you wise men, I wouldn't have known about this dowry thing. Thanks for breeding a lifetime of resentment in our one-year marriage.

Tongue

Look on the bright side- the only people cheated out of any livestock (or livestock's worth of money) were your parents. More livestock for you and your hubby to share in your wedded bliss.

Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2011, 10:30:15 PM »

Tongue

Yeah there's girls out there worth multiple camels, and your parents couldn't even get a parrot and a cat out of you. You shouldn't resent your husband though, he's just knows how to bargain. It's your parents that settled for it.

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2011, 11:07:40 PM »

What we were we discussing again?

Oh yes, ending relationships and guilt.

Of course every situation is unique.

If you believe the above, go directly to your nearest newsstand and pick up the latest copy of O magazine.

Now given my wealth of experience and insight into the human condition there are a number of answers here.

Let's start with the ideal.

"All things find their end in their beginning."

The best way to end a relationship and mitigate the guilt starts with its beginning.

All endings are painful. They just are. But the pain of guilt has a particular quality and can stem from many missteps taken, but essentially, guilt is the pain of feeling improperly indebted to someone.

We are always in the other's debt. From them we find our very selves. In light of the other, we are. This debt, this gift can never be repaid. Thank God. For no gift should be repaid. It is pride that drives us to not want to be forever indebted to the other.

Someone once said of true gifts: they are what we can never offer ourselves, didn't want, and can never return.

So it is in our relationships with others. Relationships obviously cannot be had alone. We are not individuals. Rarely do relationships give us what we wanted for better and worse. They break our own feeble attempts to project our fantasy onto reality. They show us for who we are in all our grace and falleness. And we can never return them. For all the infantile, ritualistic attempts to cut off the other, the relationship, forever that person will have changed us forever.

This is structure of all relationships.

Sometimes out of nowhere, where we least expected it a person enters our lives and changes us immediately. No matter how much we were not looking for anything or even wanted it, we suddenly are caught up with another. Understanding the structure of the gift of a relationship that radical debt we will always carry will help to understand how to begin, and in beginning, how end the relationship without twisting that wonderful debt into the pain of guilt and free us to feel the pain love and grief.

In short we must accept: we will always owe the other something we cannot repay.

How to avoid have that feeling of indebtedness turn into guilt?

Stay tuned.

After this relationship, I'm seriously done dating/relationship wise. Maybe for good, maybe not.

I seriously am exhausted. That's not to say I have always been relationship oriented, but I seriously need to take care of myself first priority.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2011, 02:12:17 AM »

What we were we discussing again?

Oh yes, ending relationships and guilt.

Of course every situation is unique.

If you believe the above, go directly to your nearest newsstand and pick up the latest copy of O magazine.

Now given my wealth of experience and insight into the human condition there are a number of answers here.

Let's start with the ideal.

"All things find their end in their beginning."

The best way to end a relationship and mitigate the guilt starts with its beginning.

All endings are painful. They just are. But the pain of guilt has a particular quality and can stem from many missteps taken, but essentially, guilt is the pain of feeling improperly indebted to someone.

We are always in the other's debt. From them we find our very selves. In light of the other, we are. This debt, this gift can never be repaid. Thank God. For no gift should be repaid. It is pride that drives us to not want to be forever indebted to the other.

Someone once said of true gifts: they are what we can never offer ourselves, didn't want, and can never return.

So it is in our relationships with others. Relationships obviously cannot be had alone. We are not individuals. Rarely do relationships give us what we wanted for better and worse. They break our own feeble attempts to project our fantasy onto reality. They show us for who we are in all our grace and falleness. And we can never return them. For all the infantile, ritualistic attempts to cut off the other, the relationship, forever that person will have changed us forever.

This is structure of all relationships.

Sometimes out of nowhere, where we least expected it a person enters our lives and changes us immediately. No matter how much we were not looking for anything or even wanted it, we suddenly are caught up with another. Understanding the structure of the gift of a relationship that radical debt we will always carry will help to understand how to begin, and in beginning, how end the relationship without twisting that wonderful debt into the pain of guilt and free us to feel the pain love and grief.

In short we must accept: we will always owe the other something we cannot repay.

How to avoid have that feeling of indebtedness turn into guilt?

Stay tuned.

After this relationship, I'm seriously done dating/relationship wise. Maybe for good, maybe not.

I seriously am exhausted. That's not to say I have always been relationship oriented, but I seriously need to take care of myself first priority.

I feel ya, bro.
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:13 AM »

I feel ya, bro.
He said he doesn't want another relationship.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2011, 02:38:24 AM »

I feel ya, bro.

Would you bug off!  You're cramping my style!
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:05 AM »

lol
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2011, 02:57:38 AM »

I feel ya, bro.

ROFL WOW

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:05 AM »

I feel ya, bro.

ROFL WOW

Perhaps, "I feel for you, bro" would have come off better.  But then again, maybe not.  There really isn't a straight way of saying bro.  Come to think of it, that entire sentence was full of sympathy, that in and of itself is a gay trait.

Oh crap.  I need to go to confession...
Babalon
Resident Occultist

Faith: Gnosis
Jurisdiction: A.'.A.'.

I am everywhere the centre.

« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »

I feel ya, bro.

ROFL WOW

Perhaps, "I feel for you, bro" would have come off better.  But then again, maybe not.  There really isn't a straight way of saying bro.  Come to think of it, that entire sentence was full of sympathy, that in and of itself is a gay trait.

Oh crap.  I need to go to confession...

Oh come off it you! It's not like he said this.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2012, 02:32:05 AM »

wait wut?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:41:41 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Babalon
Resident Occultist

Faith: Gnosis
Jurisdiction: A.'.A.'.

I am everywhere the centre.

« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:51 AM »

^If it's in regards to my above hyperlink, i can assure you that there WAS a clever picture in the the vein of this discussion.

I don't remember what it was though, and it would appear that the link is dead.....

So now things are just awkward.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:55:26 AM by Babalon » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

^If it's in regards to my above hyperlink, i can assure you that there WAS a clever picture in the the vein of this discussion.

I don't remember what it was though, and it would appear that the link is dead.....

Just look up "Hommies over Hoes" by Gangstalicious.  That should make things worse...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »

Oh, sorry about that. No, actually I had posted something and then decided that it shouldn't have been posted, so I went back to edit the post... but I didn't know what to put, so I just said what is there now. Smiley

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2012, 11:47:07 PM »

Where is our saintly emporer to guide us into the Promised Land of women who wait hand and foot?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »

Where is our saintly emporer to guide us into the Promised Land of women who wait hand and foot?

Until Orthonorm returns I shall be the substitute.  Please direct all your relationship queries to me.  I will fill your heads with wisdom and insight.  Ovid was my teacher and Catullus my muse.

Respectable ladies, the kind who wear hairbands and ankle-length skirts are hereby warned off.
Safe love, legitimate liaisons will be my theme.  This lesson breaks no taboos.

First, then, you fledgeling troopers in passion's service, comes the task of finding the object for your love.
Next, you must labour to woo and win your lady.
Thirdly, ensure the affair will last.
Such are my limitations, such the ground I will cover, the race I propose to run.
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »

Until Orthonorm returns I shall be the substitute.  Please direct all your relationship queries to me.  I will fill your heads with wisdom and insight.  Ovid was my teacher and Catullus my muse.

Respectable ladies, the kind who wear hairbands and ankle-length skirts are hereby warned off.

First, then, you fledgeling troopers in passion's service, comes the task of finding the object for your love.
Such are my limitations, such the ground I will cover, the race I propose to run.

I puked a little in my mouth.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »

Why do I feel like I just jumped in front of a bus?

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2012, 04:52:29 PM »

PP
lay off the bourbon
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »

PP
lay off the bourbon
Good advice Smiley

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »

No way! That's the worst advice ever. I just attended my grandfather's 90th birthday over New Years' weekend. His secret to long life? Quote: "Two bourbons a day, every day." And he didn't say this from a wheelchair, or with a mumble, or while pushing around one of those old-person miniature shopping cart/walker things through the isles of a dollar store. He said it while driving his Cadillac to the clubhouse of his favorite golf course, where he busted the chops of his 92-95 year old friends for being "old", while adding years to his life at the free bar and then taking them off again with three different kinds of cake. (I think he's secretly that guy from the Dos Equis commercial, wearing an old white guy mask.)

Two bourbons a day, every day. I don't drink, but maybe I should start...  Undecided

Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2012, 05:47:24 PM »

No way! That's the worst advice ever. I just attended my grandfather's 90th birthday over New Years' weekend. His secret to long life? Quote: "Two bourbons a day, every day." And he didn't say this from a wheelchair, or with a mumble, or while pushing around one of those old-person miniature shopping cart/walker things through the isles of a dollar store. He said it while driving his Cadillac to the clubhouse of his favorite golf course, where he busted the chops of his 92-95 year old friends for being "old", while adding years to his life at the free bar and then taking them off again with three different kinds of cake. (I think he's secretly that guy from the Dos Equis commercial, wearing an old white guy mask.)

Two bourbons a day, every day. I don't drink, but maybe I should start...  Undecided

I think being told you need to lay off the bourbon probably means that for you two is just getting started. Tongue

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »

I think being told you need to lay off the bourbon probably means that for you two is just getting started. Tongue

Im actually a rum guy but......

PP

Gregory the Great

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »

I have a new question for orthonorm (or anyone else): my girlfriend was over the other night and out of the blue she asked if she was fat. Well, she is a bit on the hefty side, so it was kinda awkward. But she's always talking about honesty and good communication and such, so I just--as gently as I could--explained that she could stand to lose a few pounds, and that if she wanted to come to the gym with me that'd be a great thing to do together. Well, that didn't go over so well. She started crying and mumbling something about how all I care about is thin girls with big boobs, which is silly since I just watch shows like project runway for the creative-competitive action, and yeah I watch women's volleyball and cheerleading and stuff, but that's just because I like ESPN. And I barely even look at those websites hardly at all now. Anyway, so she says that I just use her and will dump her when someone thinner comes along and all this other stuff. What do I say? What should I do? Maybe buy her a gym membership? They're having a biggest loser competition at the gym starting next month, should I secretly sign her up?

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »

lol

I'm going to need this.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »

PP

Not a fan of Ovid?  (I assure you, I am in no way corny, or poetic, enough to have come up with any of that!)
John Ward

Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Korea

« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »

I have a new question for orthonorm (or anyone else): my girlfriend was over the other night and out of the blue she asked if she was fat. Well, she is a bit on the hefty side, so it was kinda awkward. But she's always talking about honesty and good communication and such, so I just--as gently as I could--explained that she could stand to lose a few pounds, and that if she wanted to come to the gym with me that'd be a great thing to do together. Well, that didn't go over so well. She started crying and mumbling something about how all I care about is thin girls with big boobs, which is silly since I just watch shows like project runway for the creative-competitive action, and yeah I watch women's volleyball and cheerleading and stuff, but that's just because I like ESPN. And I barely even look at those websites hardly at all now. Anyway, so she says that I just use her and will dump her when someone thinner comes along and all this other stuff. What do I say? What should I do? Maybe buy her a gym membership? They're having a biggest loser competition at the gym starting next month, should I secretly sign her up?

I had to try really hard not to spit up the coke I had just drank when I read this.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »

Look, you did the right thing, it's just going to take a while for it to sink in with her.  See, modern scientists have proven that a woman's brain is no larger than that of a squirrel's.  So basically, anything more complex than gaining weight or making nests out of leaves is going to give them some problems and will take a lot of rote memorization to overcome.  What I suggest, is that you start going on walks with her.  This will help her to shed some of that ghastly belly fat and start making her legs look more statuesque and less like several cuts of unboiled corned beef.  All the while you should be using this to drive in to her brain that she is overweight and will be worthless to you and to society until she takes care of it.  You should follow her around with a tuba while she walks and play fat people music.  This should provide her with the necessary stimulation that even her brain will be able to pick up on.  I assure you, after you have made her into a useful, productive, and not to mention skinny member of society, she will feel better, you will feel more proud of her, and your house will be cleaner.  Heck, it will probably save money in the long run as well, since when she cooks she will only need to make enough for you, since all any decent woman eats are yogurt and those card-board ration bars.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »

I hope that this is a joke; if not, then you are quite sad.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »

Look, you did the right thing, it's just going to take a while for it to sink in with her.  See, modern scientists have proven that a woman's brain is no larger than that of a squirrel's.  So basically, anything more complex than gaining weight or making nests out of leaves is going to give them some problems and will take a lot of rote memorization to overcome.  What I suggest, is that you start going on walks with her.  This will help her to shed some of that ghastly belly fat and start making her legs look more statuesque and less like several cuts of unboiled corned beef.  All the while you should be using this to drive in to her brain that she is overweight and will be worthless to you and to society until she takes care of it.  You should follow her around with a tuba while she walks and play fat people music.  This should provide her with the necessary stimulation that even her brain will be able to pick up on.  I assure you, after you have made her into a useful, productive, and not to mention skinny member of society, she will feel better, you will feel more proud of her, and your house will be cleaner.  Heck, it will probably save money in the long run as well, since when she cooks she will only need to make enough for you, since all any decent woman eats are yogurt and those card-board ration bars.

Tries to find Vamrat's girlfriend's email address to send the above advice . . .

Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »

I see that you have not spent much time on this thread.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2012, 01:25:50 AM »

I see that you have not spent much time on this thread.

I have not.  But I realized about 45 seconds after I hit 'post' that this was a joke...damn this post moderation.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »

I really need a "How to Breakup without issues" thread.

Alright so I've been very unhappy as of late, and the relationship between myself and my girlfriend is pretty much over. It's my fault because I have completely lost all interest in her and really want to move on, be on my own, etc.

The problem is I fear that she may be suicidal once I say we are through. She will be destroyed by it, and I'm not saying that out of some vanity, but that's honestly the truth.

But the biggest issue is her friends and a certain family member that would do any harm they could towards me if I was to hurt her. In fact her brother would try and find a way to have me killed. No that's not a joke and I'm not saying that just to get more pity from anyone, but this guy has been serious about it in the past towards other individuals and does not even care if he ends up in jail.

I am desperately trying to find a new job out of this state so I don't have to face any of these issues and no one will know where I am residing. The last thing I need in my life is more drama and ridiculousness. My stress level is through the roof right now.

I truly don't know what to do. I've honestly never had to break up with anyone in my life before, but I think it's time to end it.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »

I really need a "How to Breakup without issues" thread.

Alright so I've been very unhappy as of late, and the relationship between myself and my girlfriend is pretty much over. It's my fault because I have completely lost all interest in her and really want to move on, be on my own, etc.

The problem is I fear that she may be suicidal once I say we are through. She will be destroyed by it, and I'm not saying that out of some vanity, but that's honestly the truth.

But the biggest issue is her friends and a certain family member that would do any harm they could towards me if I was to hurt her. In fact her brother would try and find a way to have me killed. No that's not a joke and I'm not saying that just to get more pity from anyone, but this guy has been serious about it in the past towards other individuals and does not even care if he ends up in jail.

I am desperately trying to find a new job out of this state so I don't have to face any of these issues and no one will know where I am residing. The last thing I need in my life is more drama and ridiculousness. My stress level is through the roof right now.

I truly don't know what to do. I've honestly never had to break up with anyone in my life before, but I think it's time to end it.

Find someone who knows how to use Photoshop real well.  Then have some pictures 'shopped with her brother and a goat.  Break up with her, and release the 'shopped photos at the same time.  If you are lucky, they both will kill themselves and then your problems are over (at least until the last judgment, but hey, you have time to repent).

And to make things more clear, the photo below is NOT what I mean by 'shopping a picture with him and a goat.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »

Haha that's great. And I know how to use Photoshop real well to pull it off.

God why can't I just end this. Ugh.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #313 on: March 28, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »

Ok so I've been thinking about this for awhile now, and since we live in the 21st century (whatever that means) I'm curious what exactly is the best way to find great women?

Has the search migrated to Facebook and these dating sites, or is more of the chance encounter in person at whatever venue, be it school, work, a bar, etc.

Also can someone clear up whether its a myth or not that if you want to find a nice woman to date and eventually marry you don't go to places like a bar to find them.'

EDIT: I just wanted to say Asteriktos' posts are a goldmine. Someone needs to publish them ASAP.

EDIT DOS: Do not assume I am even thinking about dating/relationships/whatever. I'm mildly curious about the above.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:33:10 AM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #314 on: March 28, 2012, 01:00:22 AM »

I'm not an expert in these matters, but the question about the bar intrigues me as well. A few years ago I was briefly seeing a therapist to deal with some of my (being a jerk) issues and when he asked about my feelings on such things I said something like "I don't know; I guess I wouldn't mind meeting someone, but I don't really know where to go, and I would feel like a loser if I met some woman in a bar or some place like that..."

He said "uh huh" in a vaguely disapproving tone, which kind of made me mad since, y'know, I was paying him to listen and not judge, so I asked him "what?" and he straightened up and said "Nothing...I met my wife at a bar is all. We've been married for over 30 years."

I don't have an opinion on such things anymore.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:06:48 AM by dzheremi » Logged

Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: