OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 10:31:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 65645 times) Average Rating: 3
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #1755 on: November 04, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »

she fancies you. maybe wants to play with your heart and then break it.
stay friends, stay cool.
 Cool

(u could invite her for an akathist though...)
 Wink

laugh

La plăcinte, înainte! La război, înapoi!

"To pies, onward! (When it comes) to war, retreat!"

Ever heard this one?
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

From BBC Louisiana to you, here's the morning news

« Reply #1756 on: November 04, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »

she fancies you. maybe wants to play with your heart and then break it.
stay friends, stay cool.
 Cool

(u could invite her for an akathist though...)
 Wink

laugh

La plăcinte, înainte! La război, înapoi!

"To pies, onward! (When it comes) to war, retreat!"

Ever heard this one?

*shrugs* It's Portuguese or Czech to me...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:54:34 PM by brastaseptim » Logged

BBC news certified; The Guardian rejected; OC.net approved.
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1757 on: November 04, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »

it's romanian, guys!
 Roll Eyes
but portuguese comes close.

it means to say that when things are good, go ahead, and when things are bad, run away/retreat.
(according to someone i know who is an encylopaedia of romanian wisdom...)
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1758 on: November 04, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »

It's Romanian (with which masboota is well familialised). Our word for pie is extremely Latin: placenta.
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1759 on: November 04, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »

u making me hungry...
 Wink
but i just ate some 'smântină și brânza' (sour cream and crumbly cheese)
so i have the strength to wait for the next time when there might be pie!
 Smiley
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1760 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »

It's Romanian (with which masboota is well familialised). Our word for pie is extremely Latin: placenta.

After being to Romania, I just can't watch a birth without getting a hankering for chess pie.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1761 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »

Roll Eyes Excuse me for my Romance language knowledge being limited to French, Spanish, Latin and Portuguese.

augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #1762 on: November 04, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »

Today a girl asked me to come over and help her eat the chocolate pie that she baked. I didn't mind since I'm very fond of pies. When I arrived she hugged me and complained that she hadn't seen me for so long (it can't have been more than 6 weeks or so - the drama!). So then we ate pie and she started bragging about how many boys she had to turn down and 'friendzone', and how they were all handsome and smart (why would I care?) and how she was the smartest girl in class and how everyone likes her. I don't get it. Why would you brag to me? Why would I care? It's not like my approval is worth something. Does it add to your self-esteem? Anyway, I excused myself as soon as I ate the pie, told her I had to do some homework and left.

Seriously, girls are mysterious creatures.
come one, it's really easy what she was trying to say and do, and you missed it.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1763 on: November 04, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »

Today a girl asked me to come over and help her eat the chocolate pie that she baked. I didn't mind since I'm very fond of pies. When I arrived she hugged me and complained that she hadn't seen me for so long (it can't have been more than 6 weeks or so - the drama!). So then we ate pie and she started bragging about how many boys she had to turn down and 'friendzone', and how they were all handsome and smart (why would I care?) and how she was the smartest girl in class and how everyone likes her. I don't get it. Why would you brag to me? Why would I care? It's not like my approval is worth something. Does it add to your self-esteem? Anyway, I excused myself as soon as I ate the pie, told her I had to do some homework and left.

You probably increased your value exponentially.

She was trying to validate her desirability by mentioning all the guys who wanted her and she then shot down.  You basically told her that her worth to you was the value of her pie.

Good show.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #1764 on: November 04, 2013, 05:06:28 PM »

You probably increased your value exponentially.

She was trying to validate her desirability by mentioning all the guys who wanted her and she then shot down.  You basically told her that her worth to you was the value of her pie.

Good show.
that's a good tactic when the strategy aims at getting her long term, but absent that, just a missed opportunity perhaps.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1765 on: November 04, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »

Roll Eyes Excuse me for my Romance language knowledge being limited to French, Spanish, Latin and Portuguese.

Everyone knows my hate for emoticons. Such hate that I have that I had to find one to use around her for a while until three people could finally get my sense of humor (it fueled an oc.net contest even).

But I think the eye rolling emoticon around here is used in really weird ways.

Why would you roll your eyes here? Has eye rolling a different connotation some place I am not?

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1766 on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »

After being to Romania, I just can't watch a birth without getting a hankering for chess pie.

They call pancakes Palatschinken in Austria. Same etymology, different recipe...
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1767 on: November 04, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »

Everyone knows my hate for emoticons. Such hate that I have that I had to find one to use around her for a while until three people could finally get my sense of humor (it fueled an oc.net contest even).

Why would you roll your eyes here? Has eye rolling a different connotation some place I am not?

My eye-rolling is for being a previously Latin Catholic, and not associating the word placenta with pie and recognising the language to be Romanian, considering it's a Latin word and Romanian is a Romance language.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:09:41 PM by brastaseptim » Logged

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1768 on: November 04, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »

They call pancakes Palatschinken in Austria. Same etymology, different recipe...

Who eats pancakes in Austria?

Oh wait, you mean crepes.

You need to get to the US of A sometime.

But hey, thanks for turning me on to that etymology. I didn't realize the connection.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1769 on: November 04, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »

My eye-rolling is for being a previously Latin Catholic, and not associating the word placenta with pie and recognising the language to be Romanian, considering it's a Latin word and Romanian is a Romance language.

So at yourself?

Huh . . .

Eye rolling in my world has a whole nother and singular meaning replete with a pithy expression I believe one of my family members stole from the Poles.

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1770 on: November 04, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »

But hey, thanks for turning me on to that etymology. I didn't realize the connection.

It's borrowed via Hungarian palacsinta - Magyars are wary of pronouncing two consonants in a row, hence the first a.
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1771 on: November 04, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »

So at yourself?

Huh . . .

Eye rolling in my world has a whole nother and singular meaning replete with a pithy expression I believe one of my family members stole from the Poles.

Well, they don't exactly have a "Duh! You Chazos!" emoticon.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1772 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »

It's borrowed via Hungarian palacsinta - Magyars are wary of pronouncing two consonants in a row, hence the first a.

Seriously, don't lie. How do you know this?

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1773 on: November 04, 2013, 05:22:44 PM »

Oh, these are languagists' old tales around here.

I meant to say merdenele - Romanian cheese filled pastry, which some say are named after French poop.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:23:58 PM by Romaios » Logged
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1774 on: November 04, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »

I meant to say merdenele - Romanian cheese filled pastry whose name some relate to French merde.

I'm hoping they're not too etymologically related.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1775 on: November 04, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »

So at yourself?

Huh . . .

There is a part in Blood Meridian which describes the proper method of dealing with eye rollers.  Albeit, no one actually rolls their eyes in that chapter, but the kid does gouge someone's eye out with a broken bottle.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1776 on: November 04, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »

Etymology aside, they are delicious.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1777 on: November 04, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

I meant to say merdenele - Romanian cheese filled pastry whose name some relate to French merde.

Really, I would worry about how they are related gastronomically.

brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1778 on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

Etymology aside, they are delicious.

They look delicious. Remind me to find a ton to eat during Cheesefare week, and save the rest in a Pascha basket.

mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1779 on: November 04, 2013, 05:40:26 PM »

sorry, brother if the eye rolling was too mean.
i was hoping you would notice romaios' juristiction.
also i was sort of joking that of course romanian is a more important language (sort of an 'in joke' as we have quite a few speakers of it on this website and we are trying to take over the world, well, sort of!)

also i apologise if u are a sister, but brastaseptim sounds like a guys' name (or a piece of armour)
 Smiley

romania does have a lot of good food, if you are careful where to look for it.
which country are u in?
i am in uk but have romanian relatives/friends (who are mostly protestant!)
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1780 on: November 04, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »

also i was sort of joking that of course romanian is a more important language (sort of an 'in joke' as we have quite a few speakers of it on this website and we are trying to take over the world, well, sort of!)

also i apologise if u are a sister, but brastaseptim sounds like a guys' name (or a piece of armour)
 Smiley

which country are u in?

Oh, I'm a bloke. I'm also one of those odd cases of American-born, British-raised, then back to the US again. So currently, US.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:44:33 PM by brastaseptim » Logged

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1781 on: November 04, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »

I wrote "Ever heard that one?" with you in mind, and brastaseptim probably (mis)understood that I expected him to know a saying in some obscure Romance or Slavic language.

I read "breasts" (sorry, Mor!), "rastas" and "seven" in there.  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:56:02 PM by Romaios » Logged
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1782 on: November 04, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »

Smiley

which country are u in?

Yours I understood, it was the usage I quoted I was consufed about.

I'm trying imagine a possible world where you are too mean to me and coming up blank.

brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1783 on: November 04, 2013, 05:56:29 PM »

I wrote "Ever heard that one?" with you in mind, and brastaseptim probably (mis)understood that I expected him to know a saying in some obscure Romance or Slavic language.

I read "rastas", "breasts" (sorry, Mor!) and "seven" in there.  Tongue

I was an Elder Scrolls fan years ago, and into fanfiction, so I invented an OC name that sounded cool. 

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #1784 on: November 04, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »

I read "breasts" (sorry, Mor!), "rastas" and "seven" in there.  Tongue

Cyrillic's tale of two pies certainly took us on a long and winding route: placentas, French poop, and seven-breasted Rastafarians.  

I love each and every one of you.  

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #1785 on: November 05, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »

She obviously wanted for Cyrillic's virtue to be instilled in her, as Cavaradossi said.

Well, we cannot be too sure. Perhaps she simply wished to fulfill her duty to the state, and produce children for its well-being, in which case, it would not have been virtue which she would have been seeking to have been instilled in her.

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1786 on: November 10, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »

LOL this thread got stickied.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1787 on: November 10, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »

Apparently so.

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1788 on: November 10, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »

Apparently so.

Makes it easier to find. I thought this thread was worth a sticky. Especially since it's now on page 40.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:59:27 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1789 on: November 10, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »

Makes it easier to find. I thought this thread was worth a sticky. Especially since it's now on page 40.

Our emperor is much too busy with his concubines to give we slaves a morsel of his wisdom, though.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1790 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »

Some more PROTIPS, and real advice, for the younger guys here. I may have said this stuff before, but maybe not. I'm only writing this cause I'm about to start up again...and just thinking about how awesome I am.

Today I want to talk about jumping from one relationship to the next and about the dating game.

If you just got out of a relationship, don't hop into another one without some sort of recoup period in between...you'll regret it everytime.

Gotta be alone for a little bit, try getting some booty without the strings.

Also people are going to say "Oh you'll get over it blah blah blah", but you know what there is a difference between getting over and moving on. This shows if you were ever in love in the first place.

Yeah that moving on bit is tough, but you really don't have a choice when it comes to getting over someone. It either happens or it doesn't. All you can do is live your life and try your best to forget.

But what do I know? Ultimately, you're the only one that knows you, but also you can only fool yourself.

OK now for all you younger guys that have not tried your hand at attracting a girl, some advice.

Never be lame and ask a girl if you want to kiss her, or do anything like that. They want you to take charge and have confidence.

Now if this girl is dating other men, big deal. You haven't lost, it just means you need to try harder. You gotta sweep the girl off her feet. Take her out on a few dates and make her feel awesome about herself, do the corny stuff if you really aren't creative about it like movies, dinner, etc.

But after that, don't be too lovely or come off as clingy. This will get her to crawl to you. But when this happens, you gotta keep the mushiness to a mininum, but still maintain some interest.

Then once you have her as your girlfriend then you can be great, get her flowers and candy, etc. But still do not be clingy. I know its all so cheezy, but girls love it. You gotta reel it in initially. I mean if you are giving a girl a bouquet of roses on a second date, you are doing it wrong. Do a single rose, it's more elegant and not overdone

NOW if the above doesn't work out with this girl, it will work out in other ways cause you know she will be telling all her friends about what happens and then they'll fall in love with you.

I'm not kidding. I had girls literally going bananas when they found out I was single cause they knew how devoted and amazingly charming/sweet I was to my ex-gf. Too bad I was still depressed after getting dumped, yet these girls are all trying to hang off me.

Also be a gentleman. Always open up the car door for the girl, push her chair in when sitting at a restaurant, etc. women really love it. When you have the oppurtunity to do something, don't say you are going to do it...JUST DO IT. Try not talking or announcing crap. Gotta keep a bit of mystery here.

Just don't come off as pathetic. I know its easy when you first get with a girl to try to avoid all the mistakes and say "sorry" all the time, but just stop.

Maybe I should come up with some corny stuff that has worked everytime.

Like if you are watching a movie at your house with a girl, you gotta get her to wonder why you haven't made a move on her yet. Then you make the move. Hey scary movies are pretty much the key to this. They get all scared and clingy, but you gotta make sure the room is pitch black. Give her a few pokes to scare the living daylights out of her. She'll slap your arm and say "omg stoppp"

Really do this a couple more times, then after that jump on her and start making out. It works.

Or maybe you try to bring up something about muscle aches and then you find a way to give her a back massage. Tell her to take her shirt off, lay on her stomach, and start massaging her back. Then after a while start kissing it, move up to her neck then ear (women go nutz over the nibbling ear), flip her over and start making out. And then you know where that leads next...

But you gotta take charge. Take her deep!

Or you could ignore all of the above and stop reading on how to get advice on dating from a bunch of internet wackos.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:44:42 PM by Shiny » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1791 on: November 10, 2013, 09:49:14 PM »

Or you could ignore all of the above and stop reading on how to get advice on dating from a bunch of internet wackos.

That's all there is to it...a winner!

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1792 on: November 10, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »

That's all there is to it...a winner!
See I never understand why someone goes on the internet and asks for relationship advice. You must suck as a boyfriend if you have to ask.

My problem has always been dealing with the aftermath of feelings, like guilt and crap. I hate being the guy to break hearts, I'm very sensitive it comes with being introspective as well.

And as you know both of those qualities can lead me open to being bullied, surprisingly I never experienced much of it in school.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1793 on: November 10, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »

See I never understand why someone goes on the internet and asks for relationship advice. You must suck as a boyfriend if you have to ask.

I'm not very old, but as I get older, I find that the only generalisation one can make in terms of people and relationships is that you can't generalise.  What seems obvious to you isn't to others.  Everyone has a "wild card" that makes their situation "not the norm", at least to some extent.  "By the book" solutions will not always and everywhere work.  And so on.  The more questions you ask, the more you come to realise this, and then it's not worth it to judge other people.  Just help them if they need it, ask for it, and if you can, otherwise get out of the way. 

I don't understand why people ask such questions on the internet, not because "you must suck if you have to ask", but rather because of whose advice is being solicited.  I'd rather ask someone I know, who knows me.  Heck, I'd rather ask a random customer in a cafe.  When you ask such things online, how can you trust what you're hearing?  You'll go with what already resonates with you.  At that point, why not just talk to yourself?  Smiley

Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #1794 on: November 10, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »

Some comments/

Some more PROTIPS, and real advice, for the younger guys here. I may have said this stuff before, but maybe not. I'm only writing this cause I'm about to start up again...and just thinking about how awesome I am.

Today I want to talk about jumping from one relationship to the next and about the dating game.

If you just got out of a relationship, don't hop into another one without some sort of recoup period in between...you'll regret it everytime.

At this point you seem reasonable.

Gotta be alone for a little bit, try getting some booty without the strings.

Care to define booty? If it represents a human being, there are problems.

Also people are going to say "Oh you'll get over it blah blah blah", but you know what there is a difference between getting over and moving on. This shows if you were ever in love in the first place.

Yeah that moving on bit is tough, but you really don't have a choice when it comes to getting over someone. It either happens or it doesn't. All you can do is live your life and try your best to forget.

But what do I know? Ultimately, you're the only one that knows you, but also you can only fool yourself.

No problem that I can see with this section.

OK now for all you younger guys that have not tried your hand at attracting a girl, some advice.

Never be lame and ask a girl if you want to kiss her, or do anything like that. They want you to take charge and have confidence.

This is exactly  what you should do. And if they respond negatively, you have saved yourself from a lot of grief in the future. This is bad advise in my opinion. Also, in my opinion it is best to eliminate them from the gene pool. I would never want someone with those feelings as a mate. What is the purpose otherwise?

Now if this girl is dating other men, big deal. You haven't lost, it just means you need to try harder. You gotta sweep the girl off her feet. Take her out on a few dates and make her feel awesome about herself, do the corny stuff if you really aren't creative about it like movies, dinner, etc.

Only if you feel that she is awesome and most are.

But after that, don't be too lovely or come off as clingy. This will get her to crawl to you. But when this happens, you gotta keep the mushiness to a mininum, but still maintain some interest.

Then once you have her as your girlfriend then you can be great, get her flowers and candy, etc. But still do not be clingy. I know its all so cheezy, but girls love it. You gotta reel it in initially. I mean if you are giving a girl a bouquet of roses on a second date, you are doing it wrong. Do a single rose, it's more elegant and not overdone

NOW if the above doesn't work out with this girl, it will work out in other ways cause you know she will be telling all her friends about what happens and then they'll fall in love with you.

I'm not kidding. I had girls literally going bananas when they found out I was single cause they knew how devoted and amazingly charming/sweet I was to my ex-gf. Too bad I was still depressed after getting dumped, yet these girls are all trying to hang off me.

This is nonsense. Prove it.

Also be a gentleman. Always open up the car door for the girl, push her chair in when sitting at a restaurant, etc. women really love it. When you have the oppurtunity to do something, don't say you are going to do it...JUST DO IT. Try not talking or announcing crap. Gotta keep a bit of mystery here.

You already proved that you are not a gentleman so the mystery is your perception of yourself.

Just don't come off as pathetic. I know its easy when you first get with a girl to try to avoid all the mistakes and say "sorry" all the time, but just stop.

Maybe I should come up with some corny stuff that has worked everytime.

Like if you are watching a movie at your house with a girl, you gotta get her to wonder why you haven't made a move on her yet. Then you make the move. Hey scary movies are pretty much the key to this. They get all scared and clingy, but you gotta make sure the room is pitch black. Give her a few pokes to scare the living daylights out of her. She'll slap your arm and say "omg stoppp"

Really do this a couple more times, then after that jump on her and start making out. It works.

Or maybe you try to bring up something about muscle aches and then you find a way to give her a back massage. Tell her to take her shirt off, lay on her stomach, and start massaging her back. Then after a while start kissing it, move up to her neck then ear (women go nutz over the nibbling ear), flip her over and start making out. And then you know where that leads next...

But you gotta take charge. Take her deep!

My advise is to ignore women all together. If you are a worthwhile target, they will go after you.

Men are very forgiving and sensitive and sharing your shame and aspirations with them is a good first step prior to dating.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1795 on: November 10, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »

Opus,

Do you not believe in attracting a mate? I don't understand what you mean by ignoring women all together.

Where did I say I didn't act like a gentleman? Its not nonsense, and how on earth can I prove it?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #1796 on: November 10, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »

Opus,

Do you not believe in attracting a mate? I don't understand what you mean by ignoring women all together.

Where did I say I didn't act like a gentleman? Its not nonsense, and how on earth can I prove it?

A gentleman does not consider women booty.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1797 on: November 10, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »

Opus,

Thats not what I was saying Opus.

If you are newly fresh out of a relationship you should have a few casual encounters before diving back into another serious relationship.

It is not sane to jump from one serious relationship to the next with no break in between.

Or you could be alone too if you want.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

« Reply #1798 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:39 PM »

Opus,

I'm pretty sure Shiny knows this, and did not mean that a gentleman should, since she is, well, a she.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:54:00 PM by brastaseptim » Logged

Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #1799 on: November 11, 2013, 12:16:25 AM »

Opus,

Thats not what I was saying Opus.

If you are newly fresh out of a relationship you should have a few casual encounters before diving back into another serious relationship.

It is not sane to jump from one serious relationship to the next with no break in between.

Or you could be alone too if you want.

Why did you use the booty term? I am now confused.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:17:17 AM by Opus118 » Logged
Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: