OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 02:14:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 63699 times) Average Rating: 3
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1575 on: September 20, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »

I guess I can leave her for hecma.  He seems to be more into tattoos than I.  He owes me big though!   Cheesy

You had me worried for a moment...
As I stated before, Carrie Underwood is more my type.  Nice wholesome looking girls.  Wink

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #1576 on: September 20, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »

I guess I can leave her for hecma.  He seems to be more into tattoos than I.  He owes me big though!   Cheesy

As I stated before, Carrie Underwood is more my type.  Nice wholesome looking girls.  Wink

Ahh...that's better.  And she can sing, too!

You know, I've always wondered what (or if, rather) young women who get tattoos think they're going to look like when they're 50, or 60, or 70, etc....But...by then, maybe they just won't give a damn. Undecided

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1577 on: September 20, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »

My eyes! My eyes!

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Do not be afraid, Zechariah..."

« Reply #1578 on: September 20, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »

When did we start discussing nephilim? 

The New World Order (1943 to present):

Jesuit Provincial > Jesuit Order > Jesuit Superior > Mor < Roman Pontiff < Illuminati Families < Holy See < UN
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #1579 on: September 20, 2013, 11:28:13 AM »

When did we start discussing nephilim? 

Isn't this thread about Orthonorm dating nephilim??

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1580 on: September 20, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »

Wholesome in what sense?  Wonderbread wholesome?  The kind that kills lab mice?   Grin  Also, if I'm old and I get to hang out with old tattooed rocker biddies, sign me up!
Here's my answer (WARNING: perhaps some language can be considered to be bad if you're a mom with young children; everyone else, yeah, not that bad.)

http://imgur.com/972GU

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1581 on: September 20, 2013, 11:53:05 AM »

Wholesome in what sense?  Wonderbread wholesome?  The kind that kills lab mice?   Grin  Also, if I'm old and I get to hang out with old tattooed rocker biddies, sign me up!
Here's my answer (WARNING: perhaps some language can be considered to be bad if you're a mom with young children; everyone else, yeah, not that bad.)

http://imgur.com/972GU

Well, the tattoos would make for interesting topics of discussion and distract you from other issues....you know, like sagging body parts, bald patches, methane, bad teeth, just to name a few.  Go for it, dude!

Wonderbread.  Not so named for no reason at all, you know...Besides, it only killed the dumb lab mice (the ones who ate it with Oscar Meyer bologna and no mustard--it was really the lack of mustard that did them in).  I ate it all throughout my childhood, and bounced no end of balls made from it, and hey....I'm still here.  Well...sort of, anyway  Grin

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1582 on: September 20, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »

The lesson here is that mustard is the key to a life full of vigor.  Although you can be full of mustard, just don't cut it.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1583 on: September 20, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »

The lesson here is that mustard is the key to a life full of vigor.  Although you can be full of mustard, just don't cut it.

A lesson well-learned, good sir.

Cheese, on the other hand, is eminently worth cutting.  In fact, it is highly desirable to do so--frequently and with gusto.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1584 on: September 20, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »

A lesson well-learned, good sir.

Cheese, on the other hand, is eminently worth cutting.  In fact, it is highly desirable to do so--frequently and with gusto.

With gusto.  That's how life ought to be lived!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #1585 on: September 20, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »

No face tats?

POSER!

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #1586 on: September 20, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »

I could listen to her all night long.

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #1587 on: September 20, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »

Jason: I think you are ignoring one important thing... I didn't even know you were pregnant!

Jane: How is that an excuse? Would you have treated me differently otherwise? Or Susan?

Jason: Oh whatever, Susan has nothing to do with this. And you know how I feel about you!

Jane: Yeah. You feel things for me. Just not love.

Jason: Please Jane, let's not do this again.

Jane: And to think I almost went to Texas!

Jason: That would have worked out fine. Sebastian is doing well there. And anyway, I'm ok with you wanting to stay here in Nevada.

Jane: Are you?

Jason: Of course. You don't believe me?

Jane: I think you need to work on your lying. Every time you kiss me, every time you speak her name, I can see it in your eyes. It's not me you want.

Jason: WHAT?

Jane: I think this is the end Jason.

Jason: Wait! What are you saying?

Jane: The baby isn't yours Jason.

Jason: [stares at Jane, confused]

Jane: Joe is the baby daddy.

Jason: JOE!!!!! JOE????? How could it be Joe? Since the accident he hasn't even been able to--

Jane: He had some of his sperm frozen before the accident. And when it was clear that he loved me and you didn't, well...

Jason: This is... how could you do this to me? After all we've been through?

Jane: I'm leaving you Jason.

Jason: What? No! You can't!

Jane: I've also emptied your bank accounts, as a sort of "going away gift" for me. And if you breathe a word of this to the cops I'll tell them about what happened to poor little Scotty.

Jason: You wouldn't!

Jane: I would. ...   Well, goodbye Jason. The sex was great, but you just aren't worthy of me. Have fun with Susan.

Jason:  [on the verge of tears]

Jane: Oh, and Susan used to be a man.

This concludes this week's installment of the web-soap The Lewd and the Lovely.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:25:06 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1588 on: September 20, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »

WHO IS SCOTTY???  WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM???

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1589 on: September 20, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »

Shut this thread down, Jeff killed it.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1590 on: September 20, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »

Whoever Jeff is, he deserves a medal! Grin

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #1591 on: September 20, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »

Seconded.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1592 on: September 20, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »

Seconded.

If you get this motion passed, you'll have earned yourself a bottle of beer of your choosing.  Know what?  Make that 2!

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #1593 on: September 20, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »

Noted and thank you.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1594 on: September 20, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »

Space beer.  And a cheeseburger!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #1595 on: September 20, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »

I am Jeff. Thread continues.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1596 on: September 20, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »

I am Jeff. Thread continues.

You are Jason.  Thread is dead.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #1597 on: September 20, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »

I go by many names. Jason will never be one of them. Too many people called me that instead of my real name as a child. Let the Jasons keep their Jasonness.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1598 on: September 20, 2013, 02:12:56 PM »

Has this become a cult of dead threads?

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1599 on: September 20, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »

Hopefully.  OC.net has lacked this for a long time.  It is long overdue.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #1600 on: September 20, 2013, 02:17:37 PM »

I know it sucks that OC.net forces you to visit and read this thread every day, and that it blows up your computer if you do not. That must really stink for people who would rather not read it. Please just try to be patient, ok?

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1601 on: September 20, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »

And upon those threads in the tombs, bestowing life.  Time to start resurrecting some threads. Wink

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1602 on: September 20, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »

And upon those threads in the tombs, bestowing life.  Time to start resurrecting some threads. Wink

Pascha in September?  What's up with that??

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1603 on: September 20, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »

September is an interesting month.  "Sept" being the root for "seven", traditionally attributed as God's number, sinceHe rested on the seventh day.  But with Roman emperors adding months here and there, it is now the ninth month.  3 for the Trinity and 3 for the days that Christ was entombed.  3X3=9.  Perfect storm of blessings!

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1604 on: September 20, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »

September is an interesting month.  "Sept" being the root for "seven", traditionally attributed as God's number, sinceHe rested on the seventh day.  But with Roman emperors adding months here and there, it is now the ninth month.  3 for the Trinity and 3 for the days that Christ was entombed.  3X3=9.  Perfect storm of blessings!

Have you discussed this with your priest, or even better, your bishop?  They might be interested.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1605 on: September 20, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »

Pascha in September?  What's up with that??

September is an interesting month.  "Sept" being the root for "seven", traditionally attributed as God's number, sinceHe rested on the seventh day.  But with Roman emperors adding months here and there, it is now the ninth month.  3 for the Trinity and 3 for the days that Christ was entombed.  3X3=9.  Perfect storm of blessings!

Have you discussed this with your priest, or even better, your bishop?  They might be interested.

They just might.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:46:26 PM by hecma925 » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #1606 on: September 20, 2013, 02:47:31 PM »

Isn't Pascha already drifting towards the end of the year? Won't it get to September in like AD 6,500 or something? Or am I think of another feast...

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1607 on: September 20, 2013, 02:49:34 PM »

Isn't Pascha already drifting towards the end of the year? Won't it get to September in like AD 6,500 or something? Or am I think of another feast...

Maybe a fixed date feast like Christmas, but what calendar are you using?  In AD 6500, Orthodox will probably fighting over hundreds of different calendars.  Hopefully not.   Wink

TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1608 on: September 20, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »

This thread gets better and better.  I credit Asteriktos.  Glory be to his name.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1609 on: September 20, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »

This thread gets better and better.  I credit Asteriktos.  Glory be to his name.

Indeed!  And the feast (you know, the one in Sept. in like AD 6,500 or something) he is too humble to name is the Feast of the Beheading of the Most Wholly Asterisk.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Do not be afraid, Zechariah..."

« Reply #1610 on: September 20, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »

I credit Asteriktos.  Glory be to his name.

Nah, man.  It's gotta be "I credit Asteriktos (PBUH)". 

The New World Order (1943 to present):

Jesuit Provincial > Jesuit Order > Jesuit Superior > Mor < Roman Pontiff < Illuminati Families < Holy See < UN
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1611 on: September 20, 2013, 06:36:22 PM »

I liked this thread before Trisagion and Co. got a hold of it. Now it's just really bizarre.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #1612 on: September 20, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »

I liked this thread before Trisagion and Co. got a hold of it. Now it's just really bizarre.
I take this as the ultimate compliment.  Kiss

Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1613 on: September 21, 2013, 05:15:05 AM »

delete
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:56:45 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1614 on: September 21, 2013, 05:51:53 AM »

Agreed

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1615 on: September 21, 2013, 06:14:03 AM »

A girl whom I've had an argument with keeps sending me messages and tries to contact me. I don't feel like talking to her any time soon (or ever again, for that matter) but ignoring her makes me feel bad, too.

What to do?

explain you are busy and apologise for your lack of contact. then don't say much after that.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1616 on: September 21, 2013, 10:04:43 AM »

A girl whom I've had an argument with keeps sending me messages and tries to contact me. I don't feel like talking to her any time soon (or ever again, for that matter) but ignoring her makes me feel bad, too.

What to do?

Man up and in no uncertain terms say that you're not interested and won't be. 

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1617 on: September 21, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »

Am I employed by Trisagion & Co., LLP?  I need to see your liability certificates.  Besides, I haven't seen a paycheck yet.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1618 on: September 21, 2013, 10:26:05 AM »

Am I employed by Trisagion & Co., LLP?  I need to see your liability certificates.  Besides, I haven't seen a paycheck yet.

The work is pro bono.  The reward is in the work.  Here's your bonus:

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #1619 on: September 21, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »

Wow!!  A compliment from William about the company's work is even greater than "ultimate". Wink

Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: