OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 10:15:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 61102 times) Average Rating: 3
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1440 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:06 PM »

oh, well, good thing i married someone who didn't have a short toes phobia!
 Wink
i'm sure there are many long toed women in the world left, and after all you only need one...
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #1441 on: September 13, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »

i'm sure there are many long toed women in the world left, and after all you only need one...

As well as plenty of men (see China) who abhor long toes in a woman. Wink
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1442 on: September 13, 2013, 05:14:45 PM »

I should note that foot binding was the most perverse idea ever devised. Truth.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1443 on: September 13, 2013, 05:17:47 PM »

I should note that foot binding was the most perverse idea ever devised. Truth.

Nah...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:39:48 PM by Romaios » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1444 on: September 14, 2013, 01:45:52 AM »

This guy has perfect hair:

Jim Chapman - Manly May Favourites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Fd-1woNRo

He also has a video of the exact hair cut he gets.

Now feel like crap because you dont look anything close to that.

Michal Kalina can pull this off.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1445 on: September 14, 2013, 03:59:56 PM »

A man who is unwilling to come to terms with his ugliness is the least attractive of all.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1446 on: September 14, 2013, 07:21:26 PM »

Ok, I need some relationship advice here. My pappy always said that if you can't feed the cow then don't milk it. When you first hear that it makes sense. But then you have to consider that if you don't milk it it ends up in pain, so really you are doing it a favor by milking it. And once you've milked it, well why feel guilty about it? The cow is happy, you're happy, it's all good. Ya know? But some people want to do me a harsh about this as though I'm taking advantage or something.  What should I do?  Oh, and if it matters, she's 29.

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1447 on: September 14, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »

I am very thankful that you chose to post a pic of the second one rather than the first one.  Wink

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1448 on: September 14, 2013, 07:28:11 PM »

I am very thankful that you chose to post a pic of the second one rather than the first one.  Wink

He did have a second pic in the original post, but removed it. He would have received a dot for it, I imagine, though the most disturbing part of the pic wouldn't have been what he got the dot for.  Cool

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1449 on: September 14, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »

Ok, I need some relationship advice here. My pappy always said that if you can't feed the cow then don't milk it. When you first hear that it makes sense. But then you have to consider that if you don't milk it it ends up in pain, so really you are doing it a favor by milking it. And once you've milked it, well why feel guilty about it? The cow is happy, you're happy, it's all good. Ya know? But some people want to do me a harsh about this as though I'm taking advantage or something.  What should I do?  Oh, and if it matters, she's 29.
The average life expectancy of a cow is 22 yrs old, so your cow is clearly in her elder years, far past her milking prime.  You should put her out to pasture and allow her to graze for her remaining years, whatever might be left.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1450 on: September 14, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »

Look, I don't have a degree in cowology, all I know is that she likes to be milked and really hates it when she goes for long periods without milking. I don't know what the story is regarding why it's like that at her age, that's just how it is.  Huh

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1451 on: September 14, 2013, 07:33:16 PM »

Neck elongation ≠ cranial deformation.  Wink

The second picture I originally posted illustrated the latter.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1452 on: September 14, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »

Look, I don't have a degree in cowology, all I know is that she likes to be milked and really hates it when she goes for long periods without milking. I don't know what the story is regarding why it's like that at her age, that's just how it is.  Huh
Perhaps it would be best to just turn her into ground beef. No use letting a good cow go bad.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1453 on: September 14, 2013, 07:49:27 PM »

Perhaps it would be best to just turn her into ground beef. No use letting a good cow go bad.

What? I'm talking about a human! What are you talking about? Hmph, men!  Angry

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1454 on: September 14, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »

What? I'm talking about a human! What are you talking about? Hmph, men!  Angry
What is this now?  You are milking a human cow?  I think you need one of these for that.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1455 on: September 14, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »

I do not have a lactation fetish. May we please return to my moral dilemma?  Angry Kiss

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1456 on: September 14, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »

I do not have a lactation fetish. May we please return to my moral dilemma?  Angry Kiss
I don't understand at all, I feel as if I have been more than helpful in all my suggestions, but you seem to be dismissing everything I say.  Are we discussing milking or not? I see no moral dilemma about milking, whether it be bovine or human.  If there is some sort of double entendre here, you must be more clear, I simply do not have the time to try and decipher what it might be.  Kiss

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1457 on: September 14, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »

Sometimes people seemingly dismiss things in public, yet think deeply about and struggle with them in private. They say one thing on a forum so as not to lose face, when in truth they have had the foundations of their very soul-stuff shaken.  This does not apply to me in this instance, but it does happen.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1458 on: September 14, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »

Try milking a horse.  They need to be milked multiple times a day.  I'm serious.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1459 on: September 14, 2013, 09:46:48 PM »

What is this now?  You are milking a human cow?  I think you need one of these for that.

Without fail, every Saturday night, as pious Orthodox Christians prepare with fasting and prayer to receive Holy Communion in the morning, someone on OCNet is talking about breasts.  With.  Out.  Fail.   

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #1460 on: September 14, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

Hmph, men!  Angry
I have the trademark for this, so don't even think about monetizing it. You can keep the smiley face thingy,  I hate them.

I am thinking about an Orthodox-friendly line of ankle length culottes that can be worn by both men and women. I have yet to broach the topic to Achronos as an initial male model (since he like robes). I have been trying to find the red-haired "It's a fact girl" for the initial female model, but I have not had any success. I just cannot give up on red heads, so the fashion line is still in limbo as I write.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1461 on: September 14, 2013, 11:36:42 PM »

Without fail, every Saturday night, as pious Orthodox Christians prepare with fasting and prayer to receive Holy Communion in the morning, someone on OCNet is talking about breasts.  With.  Out.  Fail.   
You can thank me later that I did not post a pic of a woman using it.  I would hope the machine above does not drive you to lust.  Kiss

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1462 on: September 15, 2013, 02:13:21 AM »

Hmph, men!  Angry
I have the trademark for this, so don't even think about monetizing it. You can keep the smiley face thingy,  I hate them.

I am thinking about an Orthodox-friendly line of ankle length culottes that can be worn by both men and women. I have yet to broach the topic to Achronos as an initial male model (since he like robes). I have been trying to find the red-haired "It's a fact girl" for the initial female model, but I have not had any success. I just cannot give up on red heads, so the fashion line is still in limbo as I write.

This is the content I need for my oc.net digest.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #1463 on: September 15, 2013, 03:21:09 AM »

Hello Orthonorm

I am currently an emperor of the Roman Empire, but my wife is not giving me any sons. Should I divorce her and marry a favorite, very beautiful young lady who I truly love? My current wife is getting old, also she is quite ugly. If I don't get a heir soon, the empire will go into chaos!!!

regards,

Constantine

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1464 on: September 15, 2013, 03:23:02 AM »

A man who is unwilling to come to terms with his ugliness is the least attractive of all.
What if you bordered between ugly and attractive?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1465 on: September 15, 2013, 03:23:02 AM »

The one thing I don't like about my hair is that I have a cowlick.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1466 on: September 15, 2013, 05:42:49 AM »

I'm not sure. Never been there so I've never given it much thought  police

Also, your current avatar, signature, etc. are weirding me out, man...

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #1467 on: September 15, 2013, 08:25:50 AM »

Hello Orthonorm

I am currently an emperor of the Roman Empire, but my wife is not giving me any sons. Should I divorce her and marry a favorite, very beautiful young lady who I truly love? My current wife is getting old, also she is quite ugly. If I don't get a heir soon, the empire will go into chaos!!!

regards,

Constantine

It's fun dating while being an emperor. Take king Ahasuerus, for example. He had an ingenious method of dating.

"Eheu fugaces, Postume, Postume,
labuntur anni"
-Horace, Odes II:14
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1468 on: September 15, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

I'm not sure. Never been there so I've never given it much thought  police

Also, your current avatar, signature, etc. are weirding me out, man...

You put him up to that?  Tongue

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1469 on: September 15, 2013, 05:56:27 PM »

I once had a girlfriend tell me that when I did dishes I didn't clean them well enough. I thought the obvious solution to this was for her to clean all the dishes from that point forward. She wasn't a fan of that plan, I don't think. Well, what can be done? You just have to do as best you can.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1470 on: September 15, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »

No. Though his avatar was a good choice  Cool

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1471 on: September 15, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »

I once had a girlfriend tell me that when I did dishes I didn't clean them well enough. I thought the obvious solution to this was for her to clean all the dishes from that point forward. She wasn't a fan of that plan, I don't think. Well, what can be done? You just have to do as best you can.
I tell my wife this every day, yet she has still to warm to the idea of doing them herself.  Some people are just never satisfied...

William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Time-wasting self-embarrassing anti-Christian hater

« Reply #1472 on: September 15, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »

The one thing I don't like about my hair is that I have a cowlick.

I would LOVE something natural in my hair like that. The only thing my hair does naturally is go straight down.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1473 on: September 16, 2013, 12:55:50 AM »

I don't like nipple rings.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1474 on: September 16, 2013, 01:36:34 AM »

That should have been piercings, not just rings in particular.

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1475 on: September 16, 2013, 07:57:25 AM »

Then don't wear them.  Wink

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1476 on: September 16, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »

I mean on other people, silly. Obviously I don't like them on me. That's just gross. But I don't like them on other people either. If I wanted a mouth full of metal I'd just chew on a penny.

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #1477 on: September 16, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »

I mean on other people, silly. Obviously I don't like them on me. That's just gross. But I don't like them on other people either. If I wanted a mouth full of metal I'd just chew on a penny.

So you don't approve of oral/lingual piercings either?
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1478 on: September 16, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »

This made me laugh quite heartily for some reason.  laugh

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1479 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:33 AM »

Hate them. I can't say why without being more explicit that is proper for a forum such as this.

This made me laugh quite heartily for some reason.  laugh

Though to be fair I don't like jewelry in general.

I suppose some of these aren't deal breakers. They're fairly serious problems, though, like neo-nazism, or smoking pot.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1480 on: September 16, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »

Hate them. I can't say why without being more explicit that is proper for a forum such as this.

This made me laugh quite heartily for some reason.  laugh

I suppose some of these aren't deal breakers. They're fairly serious problems, though, like neo-nazism, or smoking pot.

So, to sum up,  neo-nazism=smoking pot=most jewelry.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #1481 on: September 16, 2013, 10:27:04 AM »

I believe in relative dating morality/selection, and all three of those are relatively off-putting to me. Though my last girlfriend smoked cigarettes and since then I have been disturbed at how accepting I have become when considering potential dates.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:27:32 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #1482 on: September 16, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »

I like cartilage ear piercings, small diamond studs in attractive noses and navel piercings on flat stomachs.  Other than that, lets go smoke some pot.  Neo-nazis are a total turn off.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:30:51 AM by TheTrisagion » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1483 on: September 16, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »

It is a pretty glorious comment. 
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1484 on: September 16, 2013, 10:37:26 AM »

No. Though his avatar was a good choice  Cool

Both avatars are pretty gangsta.  Great film.
Tags: orthonorm 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: