Author Topic: Celebrating Weight Loss Today : 55 Pounds in 10 Months!  (Read 263 times)

Offline Seraffa

• Monastic by Charism, Mother by Birth(s), Presvytera by Marriage; Lord, Graciously Make Me Worthy!
  • "Headless" is not a big deal, because Jesus IS.
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: G.O.A. of N. America
Celebrating Weight Loss Today : 55 Pounds in 10 Months!
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:38:47 AM »
So happy God granted me this improvement to my health, despite 2 chronic endocrine problems I am continuing to correct under the care of a Naturopathic Physician.

Starting weight, April 2015: 220 lbs. Weight as of today: 170 lbs. Average weight loss over 10 months : 5 1/2 lbs per month. A blessing and a miracle now to walk down the street and know I won't be "sick" forever.
Beauty Old yet ever New;
Eternal Voice and inward Word.
But above all things -- Truth beareth away the Victory.
(Whitman)

Offline Svartzorn

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek A.Diocese of B. Aires & S. America
Re: Celebrating Weight Loss Today : 55 Pounds in 10 Months!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 12:41:29 AM »
I don't get it, what is this?
Death to the world.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Supreme Commander of the Joint Armed Warrior Services (JAWS) of the Oriental Orthodox Church
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • Fr Seraphim Rose and the Twin Towers
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 12:42:45 AM »

Subtraction.
Mor has an open appeal. This we knew already.

Mor suffers from Invincible Ignorance and is guaranteed salvation according to the Roman Catholic Church.

Offline Svartzorn

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek A.Diocese of B. Aires & S. America
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 12:47:35 AM »
Help me out:

Death to the world.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Supreme Commander of the Joint Armed Warrior Services (JAWS) of the Oriental Orthodox Church
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • Fr Seraphim Rose and the Twin Towers
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
Mor has an open appeal. This we knew already.

Mor suffers from Invincible Ignorance and is guaranteed salvation according to the Roman Catholic Church.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:22:33 AM »
So happy God granted me this improvement to my health, despite 2 chronic endocrine problems I am continuing to correct under the care of a Naturopathic Physician.

Starting weight, April 2015: 220 lbs. Weight as of today: 170 lbs. Average weight loss over 10 months : 5 1/2 lbs per month. A blessing and a miracle now to walk down the street and know I won't be "sick" forever.

Wonderful! :)
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline scamandrius

• Musicians don't dance
  • Merarches
  • Why do I waste my time here?
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 01:33:10 AM »
Congrats.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 01:39:06 AM »
Congratulations!

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 01:46:54 AM »

Can you share some of your secrets?
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline Gamliel

• Protokentarchos
  • "Truth is born as lightning strikes -- Archilochos
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 01:47:32 AM »
A thank you to the LORD.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of the South
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 06:14:27 AM »

Can you share some of your secrets?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Seraffa

• Monastic by Charism, Mother by Birth(s), Presvytera by Marriage; Lord, Graciously Make Me Worthy!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 02:05:26 AM »

Yes, I'm happy to share my secrets, but if I had done it her generalized way -- I would have still had more health problems than I had started out with.
Beauty Old yet ever New;
(Whitman)

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 02:19:23 AM »

Awesome! keep up the great work :)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
    • St. George Church
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 02:32:14 AM »
Thanks be to God. :)

Offline Seraffa

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 02:36:15 AM »
First of all -- I didn't start out to lose weight at all. For the past year and a half I've been dealing with Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome and complications with my thyroid being off balance.  Having both conditions at once meant I had lost so much muscle strength, and my bodily cortisol levels were so spike-y, that at the outset  I was struggling just to get up each day and make it through the day in a normal way.

So I never set out for weight loss. I set out to change how my body was responding to ill health and hormonal imbalance. I read as much as I could about treating Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome and adopted eating patterns for my adrenal glands that started giving them some rest, while taking supplements that would get the necessary nutrients to them to rebuild them. My condition was precipitated by living in my car in all kinds of weather conditions for a full year, fighting in court to see my children, frequent bouts with unstable employment.....and then my full blown condition occurred when I went home to live with my mom and found out she had developed dementia, and was in denial of how much help was needed just to keep her functioning normally throughout the day. I stayed with her trying to help her for 3 years. Then while I was still sick, I was told to leave by both her and her legal guardian (her lawyer.) I left home again under the worst possible conditions, doing part time seasonal jobs and doing everything I could just to survive.

Before I went home I had made pen pals with people on www.dadamo.com forum and had been talking quite awhile with them about my eating and health patterns of the last 45 years. I had already looked into Dr. D'Adamo's 2 best books: Live Right 4 Your Type  as well as his newer Change Your Genetic Destiny.....plus one pen pal ran a software report for me based on both my blood type, body type, and family history of disease.  The report was part of what's called "SWAMI" software, and I got a list of beneficial and "diamond" foods to utilize to start healing my inner organs, and a list of neutral and "avoid" foods to keep an eye out for.

Portions and so forth were indicated, but I can definitely tell you -- I did not use portion control at all until I got a sense of how my body was utilizing protein, fats, veggies and carbs throughout the day, then I settled into a more predictable pattern of eating with my list of foods while respecting my adrenal glad protocol:  proteins in the morning ( never at bedtime), veggies in the afternoon (for fiber and to give the organs a break from making other digestive juices), and my starchy carbs at night to help me get a full night's rest.

I also changed my way of managing my lifestyle: I had to take as much stress and anxiety off me as possible, in stages, even when I was barely surviving, in order to get to "thrive" and "healing" mode throughout my whole being.

AS far as exercise -- all I did was try to walk to work normally. I couldn't walk fast: I was 220 lbs AND lacked muscle power from a compromised endocrine system. I gradually evolved into walking at least 1 mile a day, but didn't push myself. It was easy to get worn out.

As I was able to make more lifestyle changes (including moving away from my hometown, coming to Dallas/Fort Worth, getting rid of 3 awful renting/roommate  situations in one year, and living in a town I really love and care about, with roommates that respect me, and a low-stress job at a family business, my adrenals have finally gotten mostly healed, and my thyroid imbalance will now be addressed.

I felt "fat" all along until I finally weighed myself after a year and a half of stepping on the scale at my mother's house..........and found out to my extreme joy that I HAVE lost 50 of the 90 pounds needed to be at a "normal" weight for my age........but purely as a by product of having healed halfway along my journey.  :)

In about 4 months from now I will be going for an office visit to Dr. D'Adamo himself to re-run all my reports along with 23 and Me results https://www.23andme.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search-Branded&utm_content=23c_Search_Paid_Brand&gclid=CN67hayE5coCFRCNaQod5wEBVw that will pinpoint the places in my genes that will need the most consistent care for avoiding inheirited diseases in my family.

Dr. D'adamo has not just begun saving my health in the short run: his pioneering research and practise has given me a lifelong outlook on how to regenerate all my bodily cells for the better for the rest of my life. (our bodies take 7 year cycles to completely regenerate - and i've already gone through 7 cycles at age 50). I'm truly excited and looking forward to what the next 7 cycles of my life will be like before I fall asleep in the Lord, as we all do, eventually!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:44:44 AM by Seraffa »
Beauty Old yet ever New;
(Whitman)