Author Topic: Studying at Greece  (Read 119 times)

Offline TurkishOrthodox

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of İstanbul
Studying at Greece
« on: February 20, 2017, 02:23:22 PM »
I was just thinking about studying in Greece , Thessaloniki.If you say "why".Im bored of this country "turkey" because it have really bad education system and in every way its bad country.I know greece have economic crisis too but my father have greek orgins and it must be my motherland so i want to study at greece , live at greece , work at greece and get baptised at greece.The questions is what do i need to study at greece  ( university ) ? I have good english exam grades  (what a irony lol ) , i have good exam grades i love biology , chemistry , history and psychic.I am thinking aristotle university in thessaloniki.I want medicine faculty and i have good chemistry and biology grades.But if i want to move there what do i need i dont know anything. Can anybody help me ?

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Re: Studying at Greece
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:28:24 PM »
You can't. The only way to get in is through examinations that are administered through the high school system. No one who hasn't finished school in Greece or Cyprus can try for university.

There are private schools offering paramedical training, but I don't know how many of those are still in business.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:30:15 PM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline TurkishOrthodox

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »
You can't. The only way to get in is through examinations that are administered through the high school system. No one who hasn't finished school in Greece or Cyprus can try for university.

There are private schools offering paramedical training, but I don't know how many of those are still in business.

Well i wanted to live in a orthodox country my dreams ... andd they gone.Can i work in greece as a doctor when i finish university here in turkey or ukraine ( im also ukrainian citizen) ?

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »

Well i wanted to live in a orthodox country my dreams ... andd they gone.Can i work in greece as a doctor when i finish university here in turkey or ukraine ( im also ukrainian citizen) ?

You can't be appointed in a public position, but you can have your degree validated and work in a private practice.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline TurkishOrthodox

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 02:51:18 PM »

You can't be appointed in a public position, but you can have your degree validated and work in a private practice.
Thank you for your help.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 03:00:25 PM »
Can anybody help me ?

What did you need help with? ..

Offline TurkishOrthodox

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
Can anybody help me ?

I just wondered how can i study in greece and i learned that was impossible.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 03:03:32 PM »
Can anybody help me ?

Costs a chunk of money and application for financial aid Its better to study in the same local area.

Offline TurkishOrthodox

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »
Can anybody help me ?

Costs a chunk of money and application for financial aid Its better to study in the same local area.

Thank you very much for your advice.Im thinking other orthodox countries like Ukraine for now.But not Turkey because of the education system.

Online rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 03:08:58 PM »

Sounds like your family needs to immigrate to Greece ASAP so you can study in highschool there for the medical school plan to work.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:09:19 PM by rakovsky »

Offline TurkishOrthodox

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 03:12:44 PM »

Sounds like your family needs to immigrate to Greece ASAP so you can study in highschool there for the medical school plan to work.

Yes it seems to be.My mother is like "ok" but my father says "nope".After all if my father says ok and we immigrate to Greece after all these years how can i learn greek in high school its really hard language for me.Impossible in all ways i think.

Online rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 03:13:18 PM »
Looks like you will have to move to Greece now so you can study in highschool there, if you plan to go to medical school there.

IMO unless you are going to do highschool in Greece, why not get baptized in Turkey under EOs.

FYI:
The Eastern Orthodox Church is the largest single religious faith in:

Belarus
     Bulgaria
     Cyprus
     Georgia
     Greece
     Macedonia
     Moldova
     Montenegro
     Romania
     Russia
     Serbia
     Ukraine*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodoxy_by_country#Predominantly_Eastern_Orthodox_Christian_countries

Online rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 03:15:02 PM »
Yes it seems to be.My mother is like "ok" but my father says "nope".After all if my father says ok and we immigrate to Greece after all these years how can i learn greek in high school its really hard language for me.Impossible in all ways i think.
You know English excellently. Just think of Greek the same way.

But otherwise, I'm not sure how you think you can do such a hard thing as medical school in Greece if you believe you can't even do plain highschool Greek.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:17:42 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »
Part of being helpful is knowing when you're not helpful. 
Just grab them by prayer.

Mor has spoken through George... this is the faith of the fathers!

The Church's bridegroom was never the Byzantine Empire.

Offline TurkishOrthodox

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
You know English excellently. Just think of Greek the same way.

But otherwise, I'm not sure how you think you can do such a hard thing as medical school in Greece if you believe you can't even do plain highschool Greek.

Yes you are right.Studying with greek language and medicine faculty unites and its hardest thing for me in the world.I think i need make some hard decisions in my life.

Offline TurkishOrthodox

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »

What do you mean ?

Online rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
He says he is thinking about going to an Orthodox country for medical school.
I listed all the Orthodox countries and encouraged him optimistically that he could learn the local language, since he does English well. This is the time to try to learn the local language, it's easier when you are young, like highschool.

What is not helpful about what I said?

He says:
Yes you are right.... I think i need make some hard decisions in my life.
What was not helpful about what I said, emphasizing the importance of starting early, going to Greek highschool before diving in over the head?

Isn't it good to be realistic in order to succeed?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:21:26 PM by rakovsky »