OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:23:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caution Google Chrome  (Read 112 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
High Elder

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Tunc dicit ei Jesus: Vade Satana!

« on: Yesterday at 01:29:52 PM »

So like I said in another thread I got a new computer. The second day we were not able to get on the internet on two of the usernames. Called HP and determined it was not a firewall problem or anything like that but a virus/malware that would not let the internet work. We got rid of it. Still Google Chrome, which I installed as soon as I got it, is having malware/adware issues as explained here. So beware:

http://blog.malwarebytes.org/cyber-crime/2013/11/a-nefarious-use-of-google-drive-to-load-malicious-redirects/

Pretty much when you go to a website you are SURE to get an ad popup and redirect to another screen which gets quite annoying. Also Google search is a problem on Chrome and if you were wondering why this is why. The problem is going to be fixed in June. I am going to get Firefox or whatever it is. I am running some malware checks right now and will be uninstalling Google Chrome after I get Mozilla. Just a warning.

It does not seem to be Google's fault. Despite being guilty of using Google's products, which includes YouTube, I rather hate Google after they decided to start buying out everything. They caused problems on YouTube when they bought it out. Still I suppose it is not Google's fault. Just a warning though. Your adware/malware checks may not pick up the problem. It's deep and has to be removed manually, I think, which  am not learned enough to do. I figure removing Chrome may help.

"I thought I should be too miserable, unless folded in female arms; and of the medicine of Thy mercy to cure that infirmity I thought not, not having tried it. As for continency..none can be continent unless [God] gives it."  --St. Augustine of Hippo
wainscottbl
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:31:49 PM »

PS..You will be told you need an update on Chrome. I did so and that is where the malwhere got installed. I had problems the second day I had my computer. I recommend getting rid of Chrome, at least until July. Use Internet Explorer and pretend you are in the last millennium or get Firefox.

"I thought I should be too miserable, unless folded in female arms; and of the medicine of Thy mercy to cure that infirmity I thought not, not having tried it. As for continency..none can be continent unless [God] gives it."  --St. Augustine of Hippo
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 02:14:49 PM »

PS..You will be told you need an update on Chrome. I did so and that is where the malwhere got installed. I had problems the second day I had my computer. I recommend getting rid of Chrome, at least until July. Use Internet Explorer and pretend you are in the last millennium or get Firefox.

IE is a good browser on windows 8 and 8.1, but anything besides the current version, blech

that said, I do use firefox.
wainscottbl
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:38:18 PM »

There seems to be no problem with Chrome on my old PC which is so messed up that it's about to crash any day now. I guess this new version of Chrome has something to do with it. I read up on the problems and since I am merely a user of computers and by no means a tech geek it was mostly Greek to me.

xOrthodox4Christx
OC.net guru

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

xOrthodox4Christx
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:56:30 PM »

Uh oh. I just downloaded Google Earth; Chrome came with it!

My posting on this forum is currently on hiatus, until mid-June 2014.

Have a nice spring. Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: