OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 12:17:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communion and how to dress at the Divine Liturgy  (Read 3656 times) Average Rating: 0
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »

I wear a cassock. 

Are you a priest or deacon?

I'm the guy that helps park the cars

Touche!

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »

A fashion show in Russia about Orthodox women's clothing.  I think this is a fairly good guideline for ladies...

And I would think guys would just dress nicely...as others have said, no flip-flops, "wife beaters", etc...

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »

Doing prostrations in those slim-fit skirts would risk busting a seam. Modest, yes. Practical, no.
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

Faith: Former Christian

Romans 10:9-10

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:54 PM »

I was told I am a catechumen.

So are you no longer in RCIA, as you were in January of this year?  If not, and you have decided to become Orthodox, that's great - but wouldn't you have to have attended at least one Divine Liturgy and spoken with a priest in order to now be a catechumen there?

(I'm not trying to be snarky, it's just that I have been away for a few months and am trying to catch up.  Smiley )

I've already spoken with my priest over the phone. I'm going to Vespers on Saturday and Divine Liturgy on Sunday.  Smiley

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2011, 04:31:18 PM »

good.
just remember to wear some clothes.
 Wink
it is less important what clothes they are...
 Smiley
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2011, 08:21:50 PM »

I've already spoken with my priest over the phone. I'm going to Vespers on Saturday and Divine Liturgy on Sunday.  Smiley

So you have been to a Divine Liturgy already? Or you are only now preparing to go?  Smiley

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: