OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 07:39:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow!  (Read 6310 times) Average Rating: 0
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »

CAF is such a joke when it comes to dialoguing with the Orthodox.

They are a joke when dialoguing with anyone they disagree with. I was over there posting, and made the mistake of innocently saying the post-V2 church is "modernist", which to me, means very different from the historical Roman Catholic Church (the only form of it I am familiar with for complicated reasons).

I got an "infraction", and then when I tried to let people know I had decided to just leave the board since the modern church is too different for me to try to understand, I got another "infraction" for saying THAT!

Finally, I wrote back to the mod who sent me the second "infraction" to basically say "don't worry, I've leaving anyway", and then I got this:

Your account has been locked for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

This change will be lifted: Never

I wonder if I set a record? I got two infractions AND a banning, all in ONE DAY!  Grin One was probably for speaking kindly about the Orthodox, and the other was probably for speaking favorably about Catholicism before V2.

Hi Xenia,

Sorry to hear you've been banned.

I had been participating in their Traditional Catholicism sub-forum this summer, as I'm sure you noticed -- although I haven't been there in the last couple weeks. (I've been going to a different traditional Catholic forum, but I won't get into that.)

I actually had intended that today would be my last day posting there, and when I logged on to private message a few friends to let them know, I saw the infraction messages. I then wrote back to the one mod and said basically "Its OK, I was logging on to say to folks I was leaving today", when he banned me right then.I guess it was a case of, "You can't quit! You're banned instead!"lol

The weird thing is,I can't even SEE the forums;so the banning must make it so you can't even READ anything?
Funny, I PM'ed a mod when they suspended my account to tell them to go ahead and ban me and they ignored me.

But I can say from experience on other forums ( angel ) that "banning" on most forums means you can't read anything either. I've seen very few that continue to allow you to read.

I tried logging out as another poster here suggested...no way to do it from what I could see.

But I found today that if you go to Google and Google your handle there, you can read the forum that way.  Grin

All of us who were thrown off CAF can still read posts.  I am surprised that you can't.

I can if I go through Google. Maybe its my computer.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2011, 01:24:37 AM »

The weird thing is,I can't even SEE the forums;so the banning must make it so you can't even READ anything?

Xenia,

As Father Ambrose notes, all of us bannees are able to read there. It is, indeed, possible to block an IP but historically (based on my several years as a Mod there) it was very rarely done - in my experience only in the case of spammers, hackers, and bannees who continually tried to reinvent themselves under alternative identities (and even the latter were uncommon, because their IPs were often ones that legit posters also used).

From your story, I'd guess that some Mod was on a power trip - altho, unless things have changed, a Mod couldn't initiate an IP ban; he or she would have to request that the Forum Admin (a gentleman with his own power issues, if it's still the same individual) do so.

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2011, 01:25:20 AM »

hmm - database error - told me to try again and then dbl-posted. Obviously CAF gremlins at play here Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:27:08 AM by Irish Melkite » Logged

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2011, 09:04:57 AM »

Xenia,

As Father Ambrose notes, all of us bannees are able to read there. It is, indeed, possible to block an IP but historically (based on my several years as a Mod there) it was very rarely done - in my experience only in the case of spammers, hackers, and bannees who continually tried to reinvent themselves under alternative identities (and even the latter were uncommon, because their IPs were often ones that legit posters also used).

From your story, I'd guess that some Mod was on a power trip - altho, unless things have changed, a Mod couldn't initiate an IP ban; he or she would have to request that the Forum Admin (a gentleman with his own power issues, if it's still the same individual) do so.

Many years,

Neil

Maybe they did ban by IP..which is weird because I have a very common IP for my area. It would mean they are banning a lot of others too. They may have me confused with someone else though, because the mod who sent me the final infraction said something about, "You've been here long enough to know this rule", yet I'd only been there for a couple of weeks at most. I did think that was an odd statement.

Its also possible its my computer....I find the only way I can access the forums here too, is to go through Google or another search engine, and do a search on the forum name plus my handle. When I try coming to OC.net directly, there is no way to access the forum or anything else, all I see is the main page with no tabs at the top. And then once I'm in and posting, after I submit the post it says "data system error" that my post did not get posted, but when I look for it via my profile, it shows up.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:07:11 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2011, 09:41:55 AM »

Xenia,

Many years,

Neil

Maybe they did ban by IP..which is weird because I have a very common IP for my area. It would mean they are banning a lot of others too. They may have me confused with someone else though, because the mod who sent me the final infraction said something about, "You've been here long enough to know this rule", yet I'd only been there for a couple of weeks at most. I did think that was an odd statement.

Its also possible its my computer....I find the only way I can access the forums here too, is to go through Google or another search engine, and do a search on the forum name plus my handle. When I try coming to OC.net directly, there is no way to access the forum or anything else, all I see is the main page with no tabs at the top. And then once I'm in and posting, after I submit the post it says "data system error" that my post did not get posted, but when I look for it via my profile, it shows up.

That's been happening to me too, but only in the last couple days. I had never seen the "data system error" message before.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »

Switching computers and ISPs enables a multitude of problems to be solved. Smiley

JustPostingOnce

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Christian

« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2011, 08:28:50 AM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes
Because forum moderators NEVER use a simple Google search, come to your forum, and hear you brag about circumventing a ban.
Thanks for making our job simple.  laugh laugh laugh
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2011, 08:41:40 AM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes
Because forum moderators NEVER use a simple Google search, come to your forum, and hear you brag about circumventing a ban.

Don't flatter yourself. There is nothing worthy reading over there.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

THIS makes all Catholics look exceptionally neurotic.  If Orthodoxy is the enemy then maybe the owners and moderators of CAF should take the "C" out of CAF because this Catholic doesn't think it belongs there with this kind of shit-faced attitude.

Mary Lanser

As a postscript:  Sadly the behavior of CAF owners and operators projects a weakness that my Church will never have.  The inability to persevere in the face of extreme pressure has never been, is not and never will be a mark of my Church.  It is not Catholic to run from a challenge to the faith, but it is the first line defense of far too many Catholics.

There are some accusations and questions that cannot be defended head on because the deliverer of the blow has designed the accusation or question to be unanswerable as it is delivered.   In those cases a re-iteration of the truth is sufficient.  Jesus said to shake the dust from our own sandals...NOT to gouge the mud out of our brother's eye or extract the plank by driving it into their brain.

What is repulsive to me as a Catholic, about the CAF response to challenge, is the fact that it is full of fear.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:10:08 AM by elijahmaria » Logged

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »

Mary,

We don't often agree, but I can't let your last post go by without a round of applause!

Many years,

Neil

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes
Thanks for making our job simple.  laugh laugh laugh  

Believing that the job of being a good moderator is simple, is itself a pretty simple approach (and not very accurate).

On the other hand, most any simpleton can simply function as a thought cop, a rather simple job.

Many years,

Neil

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:33:46 PM by Irish Melkite » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

THIS makes all Catholics look exceptionally neurotic.  If Orthodoxy is the enemy then maybe the owners and moderators of CAF should take the "C" out of CAF because this Catholic doesn't think it belongs there with this kind of shit-faced attitude.

Mary Lanser

Well, guess the fast is going to be more strict today, as I threw up my breakfast just now. //:=)

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

Mary Lanser

Well, guess the fast is going to be more strict today, as I threw up my breakfast just now. //:=)

Well after the last several threads on masturbation, I am surprised to know that ANY of the active Orthodox male members of this Forum are squeamish about ANYTHING!!!

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2011, 12:51:56 PM »

Mary,

We don't often agree, but I can't let your last post go by without a round of applause!

Many years,

Neil

Smiley...We need not agree on everything or anything tangential as long as we stand, brother and sister, in the essential Christ.

I don't think badly of you ever.  I am sorry we've had rough patches over the years.

M.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2011, 12:56:12 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

Mary Lanser

Well after the last several threads on masturbation, I am surprised to know that ANY of the active Orthodox male members of this Forum are squeamish about ANYTHING!!!

It was out of laughter and shock. That is some serious PWNage. Putting your name in there: stroke of brilliance.

Biggest go    yourself, I've seen in a while.

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

Mary Lanser

It was out of laughter and shock. That is some serious PWNage. Putting your name in there: stroke of brilliance.

Biggest go    yourself, I've seen in a while.

Oh...well...then... Cheesy

Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

Mary Lanser

As a postscript:  Sadly the behavior of CAF owners and operators projects a weakness that my Church will never have.  The inability to persevere in the face of extreme pressure has never been, is not and never will be a mark of my Church.  It is not Catholic to run from a challenge to the faith, but it is the first line defense of far too many Catholics.

There are some accusations and questions that cannot be defended head on because the deliverer of the blow has designed the accusation or question to be unanswerable as it is delivered.   In those cases a re-iteration of the truth is sufficient.  Jesus said to shake the dust from our own sandals...NOT to gouge the mud out of our brother's eye or extract the plank by driving it into their brain.

What is repulsive to me as a Catholic, about the CAF response to challenge, is the fact that it is full of fear.

Wow, talk about turning the blade and rubbing salt into the wound.  I applaud you.

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

Do you think we really care? Honestly? The Inquisitorial moderation tactics there have turned more people away from the Catholic Church than anything else I can think other than, well, the Inquisition.  Cheesy

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2011, 03:09:03 PM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

Mary Lanser

It has been my experience that most novus ordo-ites are woefully ignorant of anything their church taught prior to Vatican II (and they don't know much that came after it, either). The ignorance is absolutely astounding, and their church doesn't care as long as they (drum roll): OBEY! BLINDLY AT THAT! The Byzantine Catholics I have known were far more knowledgeable, as are the Orthodox. Not to mention far more humble, too.

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »

Xenia1918, Cavaradossi, elijahmaria, orthonorm, Asteriktos, Irish Melkite, and Αριστοκλής,

I trust you all realize that we have no way to tell whether JustPostingOnce is a real CA moderator or just some random person trying to feel important?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:24:18 PM by Peter J » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:07 PM »

Xenia1918, Cavaradossi, elijahmaria, orthonorm, Asteriktos, Irish Melkite, and Αριστοκλής,

I trust you all realize that we have no way to tell whether JustPostingOnce is a real CA moderator or just some random person trying to feel important?

That's also a possibility, I did think of it. Regardless, I got to say what I thought.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »

Whatever. If someone really wanted to feel important, they would have impersonate me. After all, I'm pretty much awesome.

I'm going to need this.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »

Sadly the behavior of CAF owners and operators projects a weakness that my Church will never have. 
Evidently it does.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »

Whatever. If someone really wanted to feel important, they would have impersonate me. After all, I'm pretty much awesome.
When I tried registering for this board, Azurestone was taken.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »

Well - here is one Banned member who can't read there - I was banned by IP and Irish Melkite and I have discovered this evening that my ID is still there but all my posts have gone  , vanished , removed and / or deleted Smiley

Err I managed to do that search without a problem Wink but if , and it must be a BIG IF there is a Mod looking at this thread then I'm saying no more .

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »

Of course.

I have no way to know what anyone is on the internet for the most part.

I assumed it was someone playing around. Who cares? If so, all the better.

And whether the post was "real" or not, EM reaction was hilarious. Wasn't expecting it.

If anyone on the internet or in RL think they know what 99% of most of the time is true, they need to have their heads examined.

Life is a stage and all that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:00:15 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »

Well - here is one Banned member who can't read there - I was banned by IP and Irish Melkite and I have discovered this evening that my ID is still there but all my posts have gone  , vanished , removed and / or deleted Smiley

Err I managed to do that search without a problem Wink but if , and it must be a BIG IF there is a Mod looking at this thread then I'm saying no more .

I don't think we were banned by IP; I think we were banned by ISP (earthlink, etc). How else is it that I can still go there and even join if I choose to again (I don't), simply by switching ISP? (we have several in our home due to one child going to school from home via the school ISP, a home business with another ISP and a personal ISP).

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »

That's also a possibility, I did think of it. Regardless, I got to say what I thought.

Amateur hour.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »

When I tried registering for this board, Azurestone was taken.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm going to need this.
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »

I don't think we were banned by IP; I think we were banned by ISP (earthlink, etc). How else is it that I can still go there and even join if I choose to again (I don't), simply by switching ISP? (we have several in our home due to one child going to school from home via the school ISP, a home business with another ISP and a personal ISP).

If you were blocked (not banned, banning is done internally - blocking stops you from getting there at any of several dfferent levels of blockage), you were blocked by IP. IP blocks are problematic enough insofar as the possibility that they will affect innocent members, a ban by ISP would shut out thousands.

Many years,

Neil

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »

If you were blocked (not banned, banning is done internally - blocking stops you from getting there at any of several dfferent levels of blockage), you were blocked by IP. IP blocks are problematic enough insofar as the possibility that they will affect innocent members, a ban by ISP would shut out thousands.

Many years,

Neil

This fact can be used to your advantage if you are able to gain the IP address of another member you wish to be banned and it is done easily enough.

This is a legitimate part of internets debate and fully allowed in a no holds barred environment; however, usually not very effective, because most people on such boards, especially the mods, know such rhetorical techniques and are usually smarter than your average modded board user.

It usually goes unnoticed in more heavily modded boards.

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2011, 05:31:15 PM »

Peter,

Thought about it right at the outset but a simultaneous, 'coincidental', happening convinces me that the poster was very likely a CA mod. And, if my suspicion is correct, it may be possible to confirm it.

I do, however, suspect that the story which accompanied that post (as to how the individual found his/her way here - Google search by name, ...  - is a fabrication. CAF staff who have been there for any length of time are more than aware that Eastern Christians who post both there and elsewhere are most commonly found either here or at ByzCath.

Many years,

Neil

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2011, 05:42:48 PM »

This fact can be used to your advantage if you are able to gain the IP address of another member you wish to be banned and it is done easily enough.

This is a legitimate part of internets debate and fully allowed in a no holds barred environment; however, usually not very effective, because most people on such boards, especially the mods, know such rhetorical techniques and are usually smarter than your average modded board user.

IP blocks are rarely used at sites like CAF. It's one thing to block IPs coming out of China and cut off the shoe spammers or IPs that are historically used to circumvent by rerouting, etc, or which principally exist to reroute and hide the origin. Lists of those IPs are routinely available and widely consulted not just by those who would use them, but those who would block them. 

As one of two mods at CAF who usually worked overnight (the other, a friend, was terminated at the same time I was, apparently our friendship was considered a risk to my being able to remain in touch with the inner workings of CAF), I spent a lot of my time away from the Eastern Christianity forum, tracking IPs related to significant issues. That was a major part of my work there, keeping the peace. IP bans were extremely uncommon for your average bannee/circumventor - those were saved for use with the hardcore and the hackers, spammers, etc

Many years,

Neil   

the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »

My banning had to be by IP - I'm still with the same ISP in the same house admittedly on a different Mac  but until relatively recently I could not access CAF , I just got the banning notice up each time.

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »

laugh

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2011, 06:28:38 PM »

My banning had to be by IP - I'm still with the same ISP in the same house admittedly on a different Mac  but until relatively recently I could not access CAF , I just got the banning notice up each time.

People misunderstand both IP allocation and banning. Do you know your IP at any given time?

Check via a tool on the internet.

Thing is that most boards are going to ban your username before the IP they see associated with it most of the time.

So you have to have a sock puppet for the part to see if your username is banned or IP. Check with your sock puppet from the same IP. You will then know.

IP proxies aren't very effective anymore against IP bans as the software detection most well run servers use will recognize the suspicious amount of redirects.

Now there are still ways around IP banning. But those you have to find out for yourself.

EDIT: The above is the "easiest" manner for checking for most people, I know there are more elegant methods.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:29:42 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »

CAF staff who have been there for any length of time are more than aware that Eastern Christians who post both there and elsewhere are most commonly found either here or at ByzCath.

In fact, as I think about it, there are 2 CAF mods w/ posting accts here (maybe now 3  Roll Eyes  )
One has only been used once that I'm aware; the other posted briefly as a member both here and at ByzCath but hasn't posted at either since around the time of the Great Purge.

Many years,

Neil

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »

Well, I'm not banned there yet... so... Grin
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »

IP blocks are rarely used at sites like CAF. It's one thing to block IPs coming out of China and cut off the shoe spammers or IPs that are historically used to circumvent by rerouting, etc, or which principally exist to reroute and hide the origin. Lists of those IPs are routinely available and widely consulted not just by those who would use them, but those who would block them.  

As one of two mods at CAF who usually worked overnight (the other, a friend, was terminated at the same time I was, apparently our friendship was considered a risk to my being able to remain in touch with the inner workings of CAF), I spent a lot of my time away from the Eastern Christianity forum, tracking IPs related to significant issues. That was a major part of my work there, keeping the peace. IP bans were extremely uncommon for your average bannee/circumventor - those were saved for use with the hardcore and the hackers, spammers, etc

Many years,

Neil  

Well, they evidently blocked ME by IP (or ISP), and I'm not a spammer or hacker. In fact I was only there about 2 weeks and didn't even do anything really wrong except make a comment a) that they took as an insult against the novus ordo church, and b) told  a mod I'm leaving anyway. I suspect they have me confused with someone else, or think I am someone else, based on what one mod said to me ("You've been here long enough to know bla bla bla"...two weeks is "long enough"?!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:29:54 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2011, 09:48:01 PM »

Sadly the behavior of CAF owners and operators projects a weakness that my Church will never have. 
Evidently it does.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just because I think CAF was wrong doesn't mean I support your silliness.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2011, 09:56:58 PM »

Many years,

Neil  

Well, they evidently blocked ME by IP (or ISP), and I'm not a spammer or hacker. In fact I was only there about 2 weeks and didn't even do anything really wrong except make a comment a) that they took as an insult against the novus ordo church, and b) told  a mod I'm leaving anyway. I suspect they have me confused with someone else, or think I am someone else, based on what one mod said to me ("You've been here long enough to know bla bla bla"...two weeks is "long enough"?!

Did you mention your Orthodox Jewish background?

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »

Many years,

Neil  

Did you mention your Orthodox Jewish background?

Only if it was pertinent to the subject at hand.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »

Evidently it does.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just because I think CAF was wrong doesn't mean I support your silliness.
CAF isn't my silliness.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Jharek Carnelian

Faith: Less than perfect Catholic. Married to member of ROC

« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2011, 05:15:08 AM »

Yeah.  Roll Eyes

Eric is that you?

If this really is a CAF moderator then it has to rank as one of the poorest examples of conduct regarding beens such I have seen in several years.

And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
Tags: CAF 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: