Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 40616 times)

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
  • За Россию без Путина. For Russia without Putin.
    • Vida Ortodoxa
Re: What video games are everyone playing lately?
« Reply #1170 on: January 13, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »
Elite: Dangerous is so freaking good......

http://blowthecartridge.com/comics/2011-08-27-Elite.gif
That's what I picture when I think of Elite from MSX times...
There is no such a thing as holly bullies.

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
  • Faith: Agnosticish
« Reply #1171 on: January 14, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »
OK, Justin. I just started Inquisition. Definitely want to romance Cassandra :o

I suck at combat, though. I almost died to the first boss fight. Gotta get my skills up and prove myself to my lady in battle...

How do you like it apart from the fighting? What platform are you using?
"Christian America is finally waking up to what fraternities and biker gangs have known for years: hazing works!"

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1172 on: January 14, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »
Dragon Warrior 2
"Christian America is finally waking up to what fraternities and biker gangs have known for years: hazing works!"

Offline Porter ODoran

• "In this lies piety: not doubting the God-bearing fathers."
  • Protokentarchos
  • Erst Amish Appalachian
    • Facebook page
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Catechumen
« Reply #1173 on: January 14, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »

I suck at combat, though. I almost died to the first boss fight. Gotta get my skills up and prove myself to my lady in battle...

Something tells me she'd be the one "romancing" you.
In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus

Offline lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
  • This is where I choose to tread
« Reply #1174 on: January 14, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »

Something tells me she'd be the one "romancing" you.

I have let her know that I am a religious nutjob who believes in The Maker. She seemed to approve of that.

How do you like it apart from the fighting? What platform are you using?

Playing it on PC. The combat I feel I will enjoy, once I get it down a bit better. Everything else is great. Really great worldbuilding, but haven't seen a lot of action so far. I spent the last time just talking to everyone in the Haven and doing some simple fetch quests. Now I begin the Hinterlands.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:34:39 PM by lovesupreme »

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
« Reply #1175 on: January 14, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »
I just got a Wii U yesterday. It came with NintendoLand and Super Mario 3D World pre-loaded on it, so I've been enjoying the latter. I'm getting Smash Bros for it tomorrow, hopefully. Also looking forward to getting Bayonetta 2, Super Luigi Bros, Super Mario Bros Wii U, and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

Anyone want to connect? My ID is the same as my username here.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
  • This is where I choose to tread
« Reply #1176 on: January 15, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »
I just got a Wii U yesterday. It came with NintendoLand and Super Mario 3D World pre-loaded on it, so I've been enjoying the latter. I'm getting Smash Bros for it tomorrow, hopefully. Also looking forward to getting Bayonetta 2, Super Luigi Bros, Super Mario Bros Wii U, and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

Wii U is great. My ID is Rushshirt.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1177 on: January 15, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »

Have you demoed bayonetta? I had hopes, but dodgy controls.

MHU4 is going to be a 3ds only release. Are you going to pick up the new xl? I would be interested in hooking up for that.
Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1178 on: January 15, 2015, 09:12:05 PM »

I think I am Normtendo in the wii world, gotta check.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1179 on: January 15, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »
Still Civ V! Almost 800 hours in.

I just wish Byzantium was good on the harder difficulties.  Oh well, there's still Ethiopia for me to Orthodox the world with.

Plus you can judaize it at the same time--it's a win-win!  :angel:

Nice!

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
« Reply #1180 on: January 16, 2015, 06:16:25 AM »

I haven't demoed Bayonetta yet. Also, I looked up Normtendo and came up with a Julie.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline BrethrenBoy

« Reply #1181 on: January 16, 2015, 08:47:22 AM »

Mine is EarthboundNZelda. Shows what kind of games I usually play.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Misérables

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1182 on: January 16, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »

I haven't demoed Bayonetta yet. Also, I looked up Normtendo and came up with a Julie.

I've been outed!

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1183 on: January 17, 2015, 11:57:28 AM »
If anyone with a 3ds wants a MHU4 demo code, PM me. I have 4 or so to give away.

First impressions: unplayable. FPS varies wildly it seems.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:57:47 AM by orthonorm »

Offline homedad76

• Elder
« Reply #1184 on: January 17, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
I got DA:Inquisition and loved it.  But had trouble getting immersed because I didn't know the lore.  So I went ahead and got the first two games and have started playing Origins. I also like how they let your decisions in the first two effect the world in third!
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Online biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #1185 on: January 17, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
They're coming out with an updated edition of "Grim Fandango." It's a really neat adventure game from years ago, adjusted for present-day systems. I love the story. A guy named Manny goes to the land of the dead and has to solve a mystery. Can't wait to download it. I played the original, I'd love to play it again. :)
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

Offline Peacemaker

• High Elder
« Reply #1186 on: February 08, 2015, 10:37:24 PM »
The older I got the more I can't stand video games. I can't even sit for more than 30mins playing one anymore. Which is crazy to think about, I used to be able to play for 19 hours a day - that's not even a joke! However, I do like to watch videos about videos games every so often. Recently the Mythbusters did a special on Video Games and their physics compared to real-life.

If you have OnDemand you can watch it there.

Or you could watch it here on YouTube  (it's only 360p, but that's what you get for free)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UDwK153nLI

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:38:39 PM by Peacemaker »

Offline Dominika

• Serbian/Polish
  • OC.net guru
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Sth different than my heart belongs to
« Reply #1187 on: February 09, 2015, 08:56:41 AM »
You are talking about the 3rd part of DA and I've just started the Origins... :P
It's a very good game, and has quite similar ambient to the one of Baldur's Gate (what I was looking for a long time), but yeah, BG is a legend, maybe it's also a kind of sentiment...
But I would like to see more detailed locations (maybe they are in the Inquisition, don't know), more involving story (in DA ofc, there is something like discovering the secrets, the plot, but it's more about killing the monsters, than looking for something else, at least for the main character).
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
« Reply #1188 on: February 09, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »
The last Video game I played was Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. I dunno why Hideo Kojima decided to make this a separate game in itself when it's simply and literally a paid demo of MGS V. It's a great game overall as an intro to the full package of MGS V with a disturbing cutscene.

Most interestingly is how in opposition to many other video games, America is shown to be the bad guy(it's not new, past MGS games did this). Finally, a game where America is not the guardian of freedom against terrorism or the Russians.
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #1189 on: February 09, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »
Peacemaker -

Apparently it is possible...
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1190 on: February 14, 2015, 02:57:01 PM »
Well it took me 88 days (and about 360 hours of gameplay), but I finally experienced my first "mature and tasteful" sex scene in Dragon Age Inquisition. Twas ok.  :)

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1191 on: February 20, 2015, 06:23:28 AM »
Anyone remember the site(s) recommended a while back when someone asked about building a new computer? Or any suggestions now?

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1192 on: February 20, 2015, 06:31:51 AM »
Played Minecraft for the first time today. After exploring and some building and whatnot for a few hours I just dug down and down, all the way to the bedrock. Then I began working my way back up... that is, until I worked through a wall only to discover that there was a monster there, who attacked me and ended up killing me. I raged.  >:(  8)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #1193 on: February 20, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »
Anyone remember the site(s) recommended a while back when someone asked about building a new computer? Or any suggestions now?
I use NewEgg for most of my computer part needs.
Quote from: Mor Ephrem
Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #1194 on: February 20, 2015, 02:46:23 PM »

I think it was me who was given the suggestions (by Mathematician?).  I believe it was NewEgg he suggested and who I ended up using.  No problems.  Computer is still running.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #1195 on: February 20, 2015, 02:49:16 PM »

I think it was me who was given the suggestions (by Mathematician?).  I believe it was NewEgg he suggested and who I ended up using.  No problems.  Computer is still running.
I've built numerous computers ordering from them and have always been pleased with the results except for once I bought some memory that was mislabeled on their site. Fortunately, they took it back without any problems.

Offline rakovsky

• Protokentarchos
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #1196 on: February 20, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »
Played Minecraft for the first time today. After exploring and some building and whatnot for a few hours I just dug down and down, all the way to the bedrock. Then I began working my way back up... that is, until I worked through a wall only to discover that there was a monster there, who attacked me and ended up killing me. I raged.  >:(  8)
Isn't minecraft way over-rated?

I suppose it would be great if it were a free early 1990's online multiplayer game instead of the same in 2015.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #1197 on: February 21, 2015, 01:21:40 AM »

PM Achronos, he's brilliant at this. Most bang for your buck.

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1198 on: Yesterday at 08:13:11 PM »
I may have to do that!

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1199 on: Yesterday at 08:14:17 PM »

Got it, thanks

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1200 on: Yesterday at 08:16:18 PM »
Also, while I'm in this thread... I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about mounts in RPGs, but I hate all the love gamers give them. Morons, all of you.

Offline TheMathematician

• OC.net guru
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Diocese of Eastern America
« Reply #1201 on: Yesterday at 08:16:57 PM »

While I don't remember this, I would suggest them now, even if i didn't do it before.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #1202 on: Yesterday at 09:34:56 PM »
Also, while I'm in this thread... I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about mounts in RPGs, but I hate all the love gamers give them. Morons, all of you.
But it is just so dang annoying having to walk everywhere!

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1203 on: Yesterday at 09:53:11 PM »
I know, I know, and who could resist using a horse that lets you go 2% faster.* Sooooo tempting!   :P

*Does not count the time it takes to get on and off the horse, which usually results in slowing progress down rather than speeding it up

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #1204 on: Yesterday at 09:58:39 PM »
Plus the auto run animations usually make you look stupid. Every character is way cooler galloping on a noble steed.