Author Topic: Countries that have not been Evangelized  (Read 1305 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• Archon
  • Be good works the daily nourishment of your hearts
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: Countries that have not been Evangelized
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2016, 11:31:07 AM »
Some Middle East countries like Saudi Arabia, for sure, although hardcore ones with obscure Orthodox presence like Qatar, Yemen and the UAE have churches.
"Behold, the mystical sacrifice, fully accomplished, is ushered in. In fervent faith let us draw near, that we may become sharers in everlasting life. Alleluia."

Please pray for myself, my family and my friends.

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Fontes de fé da Igreja Ortodoxa

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »
How about the Himalayan countries (Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, et al)?

They likely have neither. Maybe apart from Nepal, I vaguely remember having read something about a mission in there or something like that.

Eritrea maybe as well? Monaco, san marino?

http://orthodoxnepal.org/
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
How about the Himalayan countries (Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, et al)?

They likely have neither. Maybe apart from Nepal, I vaguely remember having read something about a mission in there or something like that.

Eritrea maybe as well? Monaco, san marino?

http://orthodoxnepal.org/

Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2016, 07:33:52 PM »
I actually know quite a number from Nepal, I wouldn't mind being a missionary there.
"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." (St. Manuel II Palaiologos)

"Do not be ashamed to enter again into the Church. Be ashamed when you sin. Do not be ashamed when you repent." (St. John Chrysostom)

"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all." (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2016, 07:48:54 PM »
Some Middle East countries like Saudi Arabia, for sure, although hardcore ones with obscure Orthodox presence like Qatar, Yemen and the UAE have churches.

I knew that some of the Gulf states did, but Yemen!? That's a surprise.
"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." (St. Manuel II Palaiologos)

"Do not be ashamed to enter again into the Church. Be ashamed when you sin. Do not be ashamed when you repent." (St. John Chrysostom)

"Now one cannot be a half-hearted Christian, but only entirely or not at all." (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

Offline RaphaCam

• Archon
  • Be good works the daily nourishment of your hearts
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 08:17:03 PM »

I knew that some of the Gulf states did, but Yemen!? That's a surprise.
Wikipedia mentions Russian and Ethiopian Orthodox presence there, but I'm not sure. Patriarch Kirill once visited it and the news don't mention anything about visitin churches there, strange. Maybe it's an embassy thing or something?

There seems to be Indian Orthodox presence there: https://www.facebook.com/St-Marys-Orthodox-Church-Sanaa-Yemen-372580149423606/
"Behold, the mystical sacrifice, fully accomplished, is ushered in. In fervent faith let us draw near, that we may become sharers in everlasting life. Alleluia."

Please pray for myself, my family and my friends.

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Fontes de fé da Igreja Ortodoxa

Offline ZealousZeal

• Ima Xanthippe
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »
I would consider Protestant and other mainstream Christian countries to be "evangelized", ie, they have the gospel.

The point of the thread is to discuss countries where no Orthodox Churches exist in any form. Whether or not Protestants "have the gospel" is irrelevant.
O Virgin pure, immaculate, O Lady Theotokos
Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!
O fleece bedewed with every grace, O Virgin Queen and Mother
Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »
I would consider Protestant and other mainstream Christian countries to be "evangelized", ie, they have the gospel.

The point of the thread is to discuss countries where no Orthodox Churches exist in any form. Whether or not Protestants "have the gospel" is irrelevant.

Perhaps it would be good to agree on what "evangelise" means in this thread.  I'm not sure I would agree that it comes down to having at least one Orthodox church in a given place, but neither would I agree that "Protestant and other mainstream Christian countries" are "evangelised". 
Just grab them by prayer.

Mor has spoken through George... this is the faith of the fathers!

The Church's bridegroom was never the Byzantine Empire.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »

Perhaps it would be good to agree on what "evangelise" means in this thread.  I'm not sure I would agree that it comes down to having at least one Orthodox church in a given place, but neither would I agree that "Protestant and other mainstream Christian countries" are "evangelised".

Good point.  No place would be "fully evangelized" in my view until every person in it were acquainted with Orthodoxy and had the chance to accept or reject it according to their free will.
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/