Author Topic: How are things going for you?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
Re: How are things going for you?
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2015, 12:16:20 AM »
Well it's 12:08am, I had a bit of a hiccup with my heart today (nothing major... probably... seems that way anyway), I am making this post from a hospital bed, and there's a slight chance I might miss Game of Thrones and other shows tomorrow night; but other than that I'm at about my 'normal.'  8)

EDIT--it is now 12:17am as I hit 'post'

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Chapter one again, here I go again
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2015, 12:38:01 AM »
The air conditioner's down. Stuffy.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2015, 04:40:03 AM »
Well it's 12:08am, I had a bit of a hiccup with my heart today (nothing major... probably... seems that way anyway), I am making this post from a hospital bed, and there's a slight chance I might miss Game of Thrones and other shows tomorrow night; but other than that I'm at about my 'normal.'  8)

Oh my goodness. Please keep us updated!

"Lord have mercy."

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2015, 05:58:57 AM »

I'm glad it doesn't look too serious.

Lord have mercy.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Off to see the wizard!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2015, 08:10:51 AM »
Hayfever has finally caught up with me. I'm also exhausted, but in a good way. Got to attend two fun events en famille yesterday, so I'm going to need a couple of days to recover.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2015, 11:42:42 AM »
Air conditioning broke yesterday. It's in the 90s today. Can't wait for the repairman. Earliest he can come is tomorrow.

Offline littlepilgrim64

• High Elder
  • Choir Geeks of the World - Unite!!
  • Faith: Orthodox one day, DV
« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Sorry to hear that you are in the hospital.  :(  Hope things with your heart are okay and the docs find out what's going on. Feel better!
"Blind of spiritual eyes, I come to You, O Christ, as did the man blind from his birth, and I cry to You in penitence: Have mercy on me O You who illumine with exceeding brightness those who are in darkness." (The Office of Holy Unction)

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Get well soon.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2015, 01:53:01 AM »
Thanks :) except for some additional irritability, and weakness in the chest area (though more respiratory than anything now), things seem back to normal. Apparently it was a bad reaction to a certain prescribed medicine (stimulant) I was on and had started taking an increased dosage of late last week.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2015, 05:35:41 AM »
Thanks :) except for some additional irritability, and weakness in the chest area (though more respiratory than anything now), things seem back to normal. Apparently it was a bad reaction to a certain prescribed medicine (stimulant) I was on and had started taking an increased dosage of late last week.

Glad you're OK brother!

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline littlepilgrim64

• High Elder
  • Choir Geeks of the World - Unite!!
  • Faith: Orthodox one day, DV
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »
Trying to keep cool in the A/C. Right now at 7pm, 93 degrees w/heat index of 100 here in Charlotte.  This Northern transplant is still not used to the summers here.
"Blind of spiritual eyes, I come to You, O Christ, as did the man blind from his birth, and I cry to You in penitence: Have mercy on me O You who illumine with exceeding brightness those who are in darkness." (The Office of Holy Unction)

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
  • 1951-2015 Memory Eternal Uncle Roy--40 Days of Mourning.
  • Faith: Misotheistic Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2015, 04:20:11 AM »
I've started running more often for exercise. A few miles everyday on my mother's treadmill. I feel a lot more confident. I'd say things are pretty well. But on a negative note, I think I have some form of tendinitis because the top of my right foot hurts like an expletive I'm not not allowed to say, and I've had to walk with a limp.
...Or it's just possible he's a mouthy young man on an internet forum.
In the infinite wisdom of God, James can be all three.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Off to see the wizard!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2015, 04:22:52 AM »
It's a common complaint of beginners. Don't overdo it. :)

Hayfever is particularly bad this year, actually giving me asthma attacks every few days. At least there's only a few more weeks of that.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »
I am typing/posting this using my desktop computer, but doing so from my couch, courtesy of a wireless keyboard and mouse, along with some luckily long monitor cables/wires. Why didn't I do this years ago? I've been so lazy in putting off this fine way to become lazier!  Anyway, so yeah, good times, good times...