OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 12:21:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE!!! Pray for me, I can't take it anymore.  (Read 648 times) Average Rating: 0
loser

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ?

« on: July 18, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »

I am sorry to keep nagging you guys like this but I am REALLY suffering. This disease is causing me unbearable pain. I cannot bear it. God is beating me up. I don't know what He wants. What do I have to do to obtain mercy and escape all this pain. Also, there are a multitude of other problems in my life.

Please, if you guys could find it in your heart to give a vehement prayer for me, or to mention my name in the liturgy, maybe he will accept my repentance and forgive me.

I am so depressed from all these horrible things He is doing to me.
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »

Though he slay me, yet I trust in him.

Kyrie eleison.
peteprint
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:46:33 AM »

Lord have Mercy!

Please bear in mind that God is not necessarily the author of your pain.  If He punished people for their sins by inflicting pain, then I would be in the same boat as you, if not worse.  I do not know why you are suffering, but do not lose hope that God loves you and hears your cries for help.  I will certainly remember you in my prayers. 
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:59:06 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ, Son and Word of the Living God, through the prayers of Thy Most Pure Mother and of all the Angels and Saints, have mercy.

Trust in God, and with faith and love draw near to Him.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 02:01:51 AM »

I don't know what your going through, but I've been in a similar situation before.  God is not angry or wrathful against you.  He is full of love and mercy and would never turn away from you and fail to help you in distress.  Have faith that this disorder in your life will shortly be coming to an end and your going to be showered with goodness and peace.  This may be hard to believe, but trust me your difficult days are going to end at some point and then your life will be full of tranquility, stability, and peace.

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
Mishakol

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: (closest church)

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 03:35:58 AM »

I also know what you're going through, and even now am going through it (bodily ailments, and multitude of problems).
From my own experience, you are feeling overburdened because you are placing trust in yourself. You must start generating good thoughts, always remember God and pray continually (without ceasing). If you do this, if will help you acquire faith in the Lord because remember in Luke 18?

NKJ  Luke 18:1 "Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,
 2 saying: "There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man.
 3 "Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying,`Get justice for me from my adversary.'
 4 "And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself,`Though I do not fear God nor regard man,
 5 `yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.'"
 6 Then the Lord said, "Hear what the unjust judge said.
 7 "And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?
 8 "I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?
"
 (Luke 18:1-8 NKJ)

St Anthony the Great said, 16. "A brother said to Abba Anthony, "Pray for me." The old man said to him, " I will have no mercy upon you, nor will God have any, if you yourself do not make an effort and if you do not pray to God."

Also, listen to what St Paul says when he was threatened by imminent death and on the verge of despair:

8 "For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life.
 9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,
 10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does1 deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,
 11 you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.
"
 (2Corinthians 1:8-11 NKJ)

So we must trust in God, knowing also that faith without works is dead faith... Prayer is considered a work in the Church.

I hope that my poor advice will help you.

Lord have mercy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:39:09 AM by Mishakol » Logged

"And in Him is no darkness at all,"--that is, no passion, no keeping up of evil respecting any one, [He] destroys no one but gives salvation to all. Light moreover signifies, either the precepts of the Law, or faith, or doctrine."

Clement Of Alexandria - Commentary on 1 John.
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:08 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 06:40:15 AM »

Lord have mercy
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »

Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 09:06:23 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Antiochian OC N.A.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 09:56:44 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: