OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 09:53:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Me Overcome My Laziness  (Read 1934 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« on: July 17, 2011, 11:25:10 PM »

I feel almost ridiculous making this thread, but your prayers are needed. Firstly, I am too lax with my prayer life. I am either too sluggish or too guilty to face God in prayer. Help me to overcome this. Furthermore, help me overcome my laziness and procrastination in my work. I need to get some stuff done. As I said, I feel stupid creating this thread, but I truly believe that if you just a spare a few seconds to remember in your prayers tonight, it will help.

God bless,
Severian

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »

Lord have mercy! And do me a favor and stop the self-abuse! It is never stupid or ridiculous to ask for help.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:29:13 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »

Thank you both  Smiley

God bless

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
peteprint
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 01:19:22 AM »

Lord have mercy on your servant Severian.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 08:23:43 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »

Lord have mercy!
JimCBrooklyn
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate-Diocese of Saint Petersburg/ROCOR-Diocese of Eastern America and New York

Если бога нет, то все позволено

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

Lord have mercy! And do me a favor and stop the self-abuse! It is never stupid or ridiculous to ask for help.

Ditto this. I struggle with the same issues, constantly, especially this time of year.
Lord, have mercy!

It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery. God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.
-Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 07:05:10 PM »

Kyrie eleison!

Mishakol

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: (closest church)

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 07:26:18 PM »

16 "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16 NKJ)

Lord have mercy!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:27:03 PM by Mishakol » Logged

"And in Him is no darkness at all,"--that is, no passion, no keeping up of evil respecting any one, [He] destroys no one but gives salvation to all. Light moreover signifies, either the precepts of the Law, or faith, or doctrine."

Clement Of Alexandria - Commentary on 1 John.
ilyazhito
High Elder

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 08:34:51 PM »

Lord have mercy!
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »

I feel almost ridiculous making this thread, but your prayers are needed. Firstly, I am too lax with my prayer life. I am either too sluggish or too guilty to face God in prayer. Help me to overcome this. Furthermore, help me overcome my laziness and procrastination in my work. I need to get some stuff done. As I said, I feel stupid creating this thread, but I truly believe that if you just a spare a few seconds to remember in your prayers tonight, it will help.

God bless,
Severian

My face was blushing at that line; I know it all too well. Lord have mercy on your servant Severian!

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »

Thank you all, I really appreciate this.

God bless,
Severian

Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »

God bless,
Severian
*Sigh* I hope you will all forgive my selfishness in bumping this thread and asking for prayers for myself again. But, I am finding myself in this same position yet again, a year later. I really have lapsed in my spirituality. Often times I do try, but I often feel very upset, defeated, and frustrated due to some of the things happening around me. All these mixed emotions make it so much harder for me to turn myself to the Lord. I battle, and constantly lose to, my own sinfulness. Prayers and advice would really be appreciated. I really need to turn to repentance.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:33:47 PM by Severian » Logged

stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »

Ditto this. I struggle with the same issues, constantly, especially this time of year.
Lord, have mercy!

Ditto! Lord have mercy.

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 06:07:45 PM »

Lord have mercy on Severian!!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
WeldeMikael
High Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »

Lord have mercy !
Maximum Bob
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 06:45:55 PM »

Lord have mercy.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Deborah

Faith: Newbie Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antioch

Never look back

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 07:06:16 PM »

Lord have mercy on your servant Severian.

Live in South/East Auckland, Franklin or North Waikato regions of New Zealand? Interested in Orthodoxy? Need transport to an Orthodox Church? Want to meet others? Please send me a PM Smiley

"You have made us for yourself, Lord; and our hearts are restless until they rest in You" - St. Augustine
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servant, Severian. Grant him enthusiasm, diligence, and direction.
kevlev
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Lord have mercy

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »

God bless, Severian. There are times of harvest and times of drought. I struggle with similar issues. Remember, the only way we can be defeated is if we fall into despair. Keep up the good fight, my friend.
May our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through the prayers of His most Holy Mother and all of the saints, have mercy upon, save, and illumine you with His love.

From my youth have many passions warred against me, but do Thou Thyself defend and save me, O Saviour.
elephant
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »

Dear  Severian,
Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy Lord Have mercy
Most Holy Theotokos save us.
St. John the Short pray for us.
love, elephant
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »

Thank you all. Because of your prayers I prayed today. For the first time in a long time, I truly, truly prayed. I am sure a lot of it had to do with your help.

+Peace

marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 10:41:12 PM »

Lord, we give You thanks. Continue to have mercy on Your servant, Severian.
Severian, when you are able, please pray for us, as well.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »

Glory to God.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 01:39:24 AM »

SLOTH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Zfozy7gGI&feature=related

I have a lot of expertise in that particular sin.  The fact that you prayed today is a good sign.  I'll say a prayer for you, if you pray for me.   Smiley

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 03:13:31 AM »

God bless, Severian. There are times of harvest and times of drought. I struggle with similar issues. Remember, the only way we can be defeated is if we fall into despair. Keep up the good fight, my friend.

my dear brother, what Kevlev said!

May our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through the prayers of His most Holy Mother and all of the saints, have mercy upon, save, and illumine you with His love.

Amen Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags: sloth 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: