Author Topic: Palestinian Orthodox Christian student comes to U.S.- deals with fears, hopes  (Read 476 times)

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Rasha Mukarker attends Bethlehem University, and came to Stockton, California for a corporate internship. Despite some shocks, Mukarker expects to derive much value from her stay in the U.S.

From the article:
"There's a very good relationship between Muslim people and the Christian," the Orthodox Christian Mukarker said of the Christian Brothers-run Catholic university. "It's built on respect, understanding. If someone asks us what kind of religion are you practicing, we just don't answer, 'I'm a Christian' or 'I'm a Muslim.' We answer 'I'm a Palestinian.'"
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline rakovsky

• Taxiarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Thanks for posting. I heard of some good programs where young Palestinians and Israelis meet in America and learn to appreciate eachother outside the zone of conflict, so to speak.