Author Topic: Palestinian Orthodox Christian student comes to U.S.- deals with fears, hopes  (Read 873 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
Rasha Mukarker attends Bethlehem University, and came to Stockton, California for a corporate internship. Despite some shocks, Mukarker expects to derive much value from her stay in the U.S.

From the article:
"There's a very good relationship between Muslim people and the Christian," the Orthodox Christian Mukarker said of the Christian Brothers-run Catholic university. "It's built on respect, understanding. If someone asks us what kind of religion are you practicing, we just don't answer, 'I'm a Christian' or 'I'm a Muslim.' We answer 'I'm a Palestinian.'"
O hai

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Thanks for posting. I heard of some good programs where young Palestinians and Israelis meet in America and learn to appreciate eachother outside the zone of conflict, so to speak.
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20