OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 11:43:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Armenia: Defenders of Christianity  (Read 427 times) Average Rating: 0
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« on: July 15, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »

To chear up our Armenian brothers & sisters from that heated thread, I thought I'd share this very cool (at least to me) video:

Armenia: Defenders of Christianity

1600 years ago, Armenia dared to defy Persia, the mightiest power in the world. The story of Vartan Mamikonian and the rebels that he lead against Persia's tyranny is one of great selflessness and personal sacrifice in the name of freedom - religious, political, but also personal. Even today, we remember and thank them for their courage an self sacrifice. Because of them, Armenia kept her freedom, faith and cultural identity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM_YjgO8xXc

"Let our death be as the death of the righteous, and our spilt blood with the blood of the martyrs. May God be pleased with our offering, and may He give His Church not into the hands of the heathens."

- St. Vartan Mamikonian

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 04:11:55 PM »

St. Vartan pray for us.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »

St. Vartan pray for us.

Amen. It was also nice to know that the Armenians helped the Georgians in their time of need and that it was recipricated. I pray these two nations can reconcile their differences.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Tags: Armenia  St. Vartan Armenian Church Oriental Orthodox saints 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: