Author Topic: Stephen St. Pierre's Comments regarding Bestiality  (Read 959 times)

Offline Stephen St. Pierre

• This user has been banned.
Stephen St. Pierre's Comments regarding Bestiality
« on: July 15, 2011, 04:54:45 AM »
Talmudic nonsense. Just for fun though, does anyone know if Lilith came before or after Adam had sex with all of the animals in the garden?

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Re: Lilith the Succubus
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
Talmudic nonsense. Just for fun though, does anyone know if Lilith came before or after Adam had sex with all of the animals in the garden?
Ah, one of Jonathan Z. Smith's fools.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Stephen St. Pierre's Comments regarding Bestiality
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 11:34:09 AM »

I find that statement rather inappropriate and crude.

Any valid reason for making it?
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:56:37 PM »

I find that statement rather inappropriate and crude.

Any valid reason for making it?

No, but
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 01:21:48 PM »
How do you know it ever crossed his mind? Even setting aside the view of the Church Fathers that sex is a consequence of the Fall, there is no reason to think the sex aspect of the marriage partnership existed prior to Eve since the two are specifically called one flesh.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Stephen St. Pierre

• This user has been banned.
Re: Lilith the Succubus
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »

Nice to meet you too. Did you just call me a fool? I think you did. Eat your words and then apologize please.

Why did the thread get split off? The stuff about Lilith and this nonsense come from the same source - Talmud! This demonstrates that the other is probably garbage too.

"R. Eleazar further stated: What is meant by the Scriptural text, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh?13  This teaches that Adam had intercourse with every beast and animal but found no satisfaction until he cohabited with Eve."

http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_63.html

And who is Jonathan Z. Smith?