OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 05:30:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: In my opinion, this recording is
Angelic - 1 (2.4%)
Demonic - 1 (2.4%)
Fraudulent - 29 (70.7%)
Other - 1 (2.4%)
Unsure - 9 (22%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angels recorded singing on Mt. Athos  (Read 5002 times) Average Rating: 0
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« on: July 15, 2011, 01:38:15 AM »

I don't speak or read Romanian, but using Google translate :

"Great saints of our Church during Divine Liturgy commission saw the holy angels who were worshiping the Lord and singing songs of victory. Such case happened to a young man who during his pilgrimage to Mount Athos Holy stopped in a hotel of one of the monasteries. At night he heard songs coming from church, he thought that Mass began and went down to the church but the doors were locked, he looked out the window and saw angels singing. Quickly got into his room and took the tape recorder and recorded the voices of angels glass church who sang Cherubic moment, specifically the words "life-giving Trinity and triple-holy hymn we ..." slow song in the Byzantine style in the first voice which greatly delight the listener."

http://doarortodox.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/ingerii-cantand-la-muntele-athos/

Thoughts or comments?

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:44:19 AM »

Glory to God!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Mishakol

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: (closest church)

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:02:50 AM »

I don't know. It could have been a illusion caused by the devil. To be honest, it really doesn't sound like angels. Maybe it was the devil transformed as an angel of light. It could very well have been an illusion. Things like this just don't happen. St Anthony the Great, and many of the other Desert Fathers speak about the Devil doing things very similar to this in order to trick them.

In Elder Paisus' book "Spiritual Struggle", he tells us about how he once heard angelic music while sitting in his cell. This is a very interesting thing he relates to us.

I quote:

"One night at the Stomion Monastery after the Apodeipnon, (4) I was saying the Jesus Prayer while sitting on a stool in my cell. All of a sudden, I heard loud music playing in a nearby building that was used for guests. I was puzzled by this and though to myself, "Who's playing music so close by?" I knew that the annual festival had ended already. I got up from the stool and went to the window to see what was happening outside. I saw peace and quiet everywhere. Then I realized it was a temptation to interrupt my prayer. I returned to my seat and continued to pray. Suddenly a bright light filled the cell. The ceiling disappeared and the roof opened to reveal a beam of light reaching up to heaven. At the top of this beam of light appeared the face of a blond young man with long hair and a bread, who resembled Christ. Because I could only see half of the face, I got up to see him more clearly. Then I heard within me a voice saying. "You have been made worthy to see Christ." But then I crossed myself and said, "Who am I, the unworthy one, to be made worthy to see Christ?" Immediately the light and the supposed Christ disappeared, and I saw that the ceiling was still in place."

"If a person doesn't have his guard up, the evil one can readily enter his mind thought proud thoughts and delude him with fantasies and false lights, none of which can raise us to Paradise; instead, they will hurl us into chaos."

4:The Church Service which in Orthodox Monasteries follows the evening meal.

Page 240
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:24:26 AM by Mishakol » Logged

"And in Him is no darkness at all,"--that is, no passion, no keeping up of evil respecting any one, [He] destroys no one but gives salvation to all. Light moreover signifies, either the precepts of the Law, or faith, or doctrine."

Clement Of Alexandria - Commentary on 1 John.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:40:14 AM »

I don't know. It could have been a illusion caused by the devil. To be honest, it really doesn't sound like angels.
What do you recall angels sounding like?

Maybe it was the devil transformed as an angel of light. It could very well have been an illusion. Things like this just don't happen.
Sure, demonic deception is always a possibility, but what makes you so confident that this is one? The angels did not speak to the pilgrim nor did they interrupt (that I know of) his prayers.

I must ask, however, what do you mean "things like this just don't happen"?

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 02:48:39 AM »

What's next, Ioannis Climacus, sharing with us that story about the microphone lowered into a deep mine shaft that picked up the sounds of hell?  Roll Eyes
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 02:56:53 AM »

What's next, Ioannis Climacus, sharing with us that story about the microphone lowered into a deep mine shaft that picked up the sounds of hell?  Roll Eyes
Thanks once more for your brilliant insight. One day, men shall fill tomes with your bountiful wisdom.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 03:00:59 AM »

I love the skepticism Orthodoxy as I understand it over time has attributed to such phenomena.

One of the earliest Fathers:

Quote from: St. Anthony
12. Some brothers came to find Abba Anthony to tell him about the visions they were having, and to find out from him if they were true or if they came from the demons. They had a donkey which died on the way. When they reached the place where the old man was, he said to them before they could ask him anything, "How was is that the little donkey died on the way here?" They said, "How do you know about that, Father?" And he told them, "The demons shewed me what happened." So they said, "That was what we came to question you about, for fear we were being deceived, for we have visions which often turn out to be true." Thus the old man convinced them, by the example of the donkey, that their visions came from the demons.

http://ishmaelite.blogspot.com/2010/04/thirty-eight-sayings-of-st-anthony.html
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:01:25 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Mishakol

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 03:02:11 AM »

I don't know. It could have been a illusion caused by the devil. To be honest, it really doesn't sound like angels.

Didn't St Paul say that he heard inexpressible words in Heaven? 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. (2Corinthians 12:4 NKJ).

When I said, "things like this just don't happen", I mean to say that this is just so blatant that it cannot be real. God would not allow us to record such a thing. Only very holy people are allowed such visitations. This would cause great diabolical pride for someone in the Church to hear this. They may have thought, "Oh my God, listen to the angels singing in the Church! We are all so holy and God-worthy, and our Church is so God pleasing.!" Or something of that nature.

"And in Him is no darkness at all,"--that is, no passion, no keeping up of evil respecting any one, [He] destroys no one but gives salvation to all. Light moreover signifies, either the precepts of the Law, or faith, or doctrine."

Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 03:09:13 AM »

I was walking into my last job one day and had an mp3 player plugged into my ears with some choral music. I entered the building with someone who worked in a different company in the building and as we walked towards our offices a piece of music started playing which was just like angels. I had forgotted I had the mp3 player on and thought that everyone could hear what I did, and said 'Can you hear the sound of angels singing, isn't it wonderful"'. The other guy looked at me like I was insane and hurried off quickly.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:19 AM »

I don't speak or read Romanian, but using Google translate :

"Great saints of our Church during Divine Liturgy commission saw the holy angels who were worshiping the Lord and singing songs of victory. Such case happened to a young man who during his pilgrimage to Mount Athos Holy stopped in a hotel of one of the monasteries. At night he heard songs coming from church, he thought that Mass began and went down to the church but the doors were locked, he looked out the window and saw angels singing. Quickly got into his room and took the tape recorder and recorded the voices of angels glass church who sang Cherubic moment, specifically the words "life-giving Trinity and triple-holy hymn we ..." slow song in the Byzantine style in the first voice which greatly delight the listener."

http://doarortodox.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/ingerii-cantand-la-muntele-athos/

Thoughts or comments?
Video footage? Could be anything. And anyone could post such a video online and claim that it's the singing of angels. How do we know for certain? Separated from any other sensory input, I'm not sure we can.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:33 AM »

Didn't St Paul say that he heard inexpressible words in Heaven? 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. (2Corinthians 12:4 NKJ).

When I said, "things like this just don't happen", I mean to say that this is just so blatant that it cannot be real. God would not allow us to record such a thing. Only very holy people are allowed such visitations. This would cause great diabolical pride for someone in the Church to hear this. They may have thought, "Oh my God, listen to the angels singing in the Church! We are all so holy and God-worthy, and our Church is so God pleasing.!" Or something of that nature.

More importantly about that Pauline passage, where St. Paul discusses a "certain man" who had such an experience (I love St. Paul's rhetoric, too bad he missed the internet), he does so in the subjunctive saying that he could use such a witness for possible bona fides. Instead he gives a litany of the sufferings he went under for the preaching of the Gospel as a proper measure for his status as an Apostle.

Suffering for Christ > "Miracles" everyday. And the good news is that we all get to suffer all the time. Whether we do it in a manner for the Glory of God is another story and up to us.

Thankfully, we don't need "miracles" to know our faith nor to witness to it.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 03:15:23 AM »

More importantly about that Pauline passage, where St. Paul discusses a "certain man" who had such an experience (I love St. Paul's rhetoric, too bad he missed the internet), he does so in the subjunctive saying that he could use such a witness for possible bona fides. Instead he gives a litany of the sufferings he went under for the preaching of the Gospel as a proper measure for his status as an Apostle.

Suffering for Christ > "Miracles" everyday. And the good news is that we all get to suffer all the time. Whether we do it in a manner for the Glory of God is another story and up to us.

Thankfully, we don't need "miracles" to know our faith nor to witness to it.

Which monastic father was it who said, "Repentance/humility is a greater miracle than raising the dead," or something like that?
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 03:23:14 AM »

Didn't St Paul say that he heard inexpressible words in Heaven? 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. (2Corinthians 12:4 NKJ).
I don't think this is quite comparable to the situation of St. Paul. Clearly the angels communicate in expressible words at times (the recording is a portion of the Divine Liturgy). I have heard of angels both baptizing and communing individuals, so this story really isn't too unbelievable for me.

Seeing as we receive the actual Body and Blood of Christ in the Liturgy, I don't know why recording such things would be taboo.

I don't know about sights like this being seen only by the holy. I have read stories of the wicked encountering angels or saints, and through that event, they were led to conversion. Perhaps this event has led to such an conversion in the witness?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:27:11 AM by Ioannis Climacus » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 03:23:48 AM »

Which monastic father was it who said, "Repentance/humility is a greater miracle than raising the dead," or something like that?

I believe St. Isaac the Syrian said:

To know oneself is a greater miracle than raising the dead.

Within the context as I recall, and within what we probably could agree within a Patristic consensus, "knowing oneself" certainly would have to begin and end in repentance and humility.

Or perhaps you are thinking of another Patristic quote altogether.

I ain't no expert.

ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:06 AM »

Actually, it's a recording of Dimitrios Sourlantzis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N01uDWa_1DI

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
Mishakol

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 03:50:07 AM »

Why would someone think that they were angels?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:50:40 AM by Mishakol » Logged

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 03:55:23 AM »

Actually, it's a recording of Dimitrios Sourlantzis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N01uDWa_1DI
The chant does sound identical. Some seem to believe that Dimitrios Sourlantzis is chanting that of the angel's. I am not sure about that as I don't know the history of the particular chant.

Here is a video in Russian dealing with the miracle. Alas my ignorance of Eastern European language hinders my quest for knowledge! If anyone is willing to take the time to translate or at least provide a short summary of the video, I would be most appreciative.

http://video.mail.ru//bk/lu.si/5/2677.html

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 03:56:30 AM »

Why would someone think that they were angels?
That was the report of the witness.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 09:56:05 AM »

I believe St. Isaac the Syrian said:

To know oneself is a greater miracle than raising the dead.

Within the context as I recall, and within what we probably could agree within a Patristic consensus, "knowing oneself" certainly would have to begin and end in repentance and humility.

Or perhaps you are thinking of another Patristic quote altogether.
No, I think you have in mind the quote I was trying to recall. It was the one from St. Isaac.
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »

Assuming for a moment this is genuine (I don't think it is. It gives me the willies.) How would it be theoretically validated by the Church?
Father Peter
Archon

Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »

Volnutt, interesting I had the same feeling. I didn't enjoy listening to it at all.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »

Or just a practical joke to laugh at gullible pious folk.
Alas my ignorance of Eastern European language
There is "eastern European language"  as such, even if they look the same from the US and A.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:56:38 AM by augustin717 » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

I'm sorry.

No disrespect meant to true Angels of God, but, that "sound" gave me the heebie jeebies!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »

I'm sorry.

No disrespect meant to true Angels of God, but, that "sound" gave me the heebie jeebies!

I don't think you're 'dissing' the angelic choruses by disliking this cacophony.  Wink

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »

Or just a practical joke to laugh at gullible pious folk.
That is also a possibility. That seems to be the theory regarding the similarity between it and the Dimitrios Sourlantzis recording.

There is "eastern European language"  as such, even if they look the same from the US and A.
I am confused as to the meaning of this enigmatic statement. Could you rephrase this?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:25:39 PM by Ioannis Climacus » Logged

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »

He meant to say there is no one "Eastern European Language."
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 02:16:29 PM »

look, even the nintendo dsI has a programme that can alter an audio file much like the way this recording sounds.  I would bet a pack of lifesavers that it is merely a modified audio file of the Cherubic Hymn.  It takes about four seconds to do this and programmes to do it are almost anywhere, even on your child's Nintendo DSI.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:17:09 PM by username! » Logged

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »

Indeed.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 03:32:41 PM »

I added a poll, so please take the time to voice your opinion. I, myself, am quite unsure as to the nature of this recording.

Chtets Ioann

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: ROCOR - Diocese of Canada

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »

Assuming for a moment this is genuine (I don't think it is. It gives me the willies.) How would it be theoretically validated by the Church?

I'll second the part about the willies. Freaks me out.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »

I added a poll, so please take the time to voice your opinion. I, myself, am quite unsure as to the nature of this recording.

Even the Large Hadron Collider couldn't measure the infinitesimal amount of interest I have in this.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »

At my parish, we've had a couple of little problems lately, with people's cell phones going off. Most people remember to shut them down before liturgy starts, but there are always one or two who forget. The ringtones will break out at the most inopportune moments.

I thought there was a way to get around that- people should just start using Orthodox chant mp3s as their ringtones. Then, if the phones start, everyone will think it's the choir, and things can proceed as normal.  Wink

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 03:40:16 PM »

That is a good idea actually.
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »

Hmm, upon listening to that (which I had the feeling maybe I shouldn't do to begin with) I also got the heebie jeebies and the feeling like I should turn it off right away.
Knee V

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »

I've heard this recording before, and my thought was, and still is, that it is a somewhat-poor quality recording of a human being chanting that has been sped up to sound high-pitched. It would seem that ma2000 has confirmed my suspicions.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 01:13:11 AM »

Lord have mercy!!!
here I am sitting alone at 1 AM with insomnia , and I heard this recording, and freaked out I had to stop it cross my self brought my prayer book closer to me and I am not one to scare easy.goodness!
Lord have mercy! I am sorry if I offended anyone, I love the bezantine chants but something is off with this one.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Vlad
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox, Greek Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »

I agree. That was creepy.
Stepan

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 01:16:15 AM »

I am going to go with fraudulent sounds like it has been sped up.

Nevertheless, I will say the chaotic and shrill nature doesn't invoke images of angels to me so I will have to agree with the "creepy" sentiment.

Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:12 AM »

"unsure"

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have never actually heard an angel sing.  If I have, I was unaware of it.

It's an amazing thought, but there is just as much chance it's a fallen angel singing.

honestly, though, it sounds like someone recorded the little kids at my Church during liturgy and put it with the music.

interesting true experience:  About three weeks ago I was taking an exam in French class.  The room was quiet, and then I heard the ringing of bells, and it got a bit louder.  It couldn't have some from a cell phone or the loud speaker system, as it seemed to come from...I don't know how to describe it...up in the air.  I looked around and others were puzzled.  I said "I think I heard something...".  I heard someone say "Church bells" in the background.  I asked "you all heard that too, right?"  everyone laughed, but I was seriously wondering if I had gone nutts or something Wink

I don't know what it really was, and I won't know until God wants to reveal it to me.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:50:08 AM by trevor72694 » Logged

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 02:41:31 AM »

I dunno, I don't want to be presumptuous but that recording gives me no peace to listen to. The elders say it's better to refuse an angel by caution, etc.
Monk Cyprian

Hooray! I'm useful!

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »

This has been discussed before, and thoroughly debunked, on other websites (at least Monachos, I think).  Yeah, it's a hoax.  Just like the "recording" from the microphone down a mineshaft.

This is just someone speeding up the playback of a recording of the Cherubic hymn in Greek.  Then they just looped it.  That's all.

Why people assume that angels have higher pitched (ie. feminine) voices in the first place is beyond me...

Was it Divine Liturgy in English in XIXth Century Russia?  No, it was not I am the telling you!  Is OUTRAGE!  Now is to be Slavonic music and Byzantine vestment in same church. This is what when KGB run the seminary.
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »

Why people assume that angels have higher pitched (ie. feminine) voices in the first place is beyond me...
Renaissance art. Unfortunately, Orthodox icons don't help matters much tbh.
Rufus
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »

What's really funny is that when I listened to the recording, I kept thinking, "funny, the singing style is exactly like Sourlatzis."
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 01:14:32 AM »

Honestly, ive always been skeptical of this sort of thing.  In this case, im going to say its fake.  I would assume that angels sound a little more "angelic" than that. 

I dont know if anyone else saw the "strange icons" thread thats been floating around here, but this sounds like the music that should be sung in the church with the creepy icons.  If you saw em, you know what I'm talking about!!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
MCE

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »

i don't think it is whatsisname sped up, its not like
its fast, though maybe a pitch change was done,
but offhand those voices don't sound human. I'd
expect this of faeries (always some kind of bad)
or greyskin aliens. If that. It gave me the willies,
and I couldn't keep listening to it. Its either fraud
or demonic. And fraud can be inspired by demons,
who might contribute something to how the fraud
was shaped to be.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if those were actual angels singing and we decided they were demonic?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
MCE

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 11:04:23 PM »

like someone said a saint said, its okay to reject an angel out
of caution. better safe than sorry. The only excuse for those
non human or inhuman voices would be, that the demons
were once this kind of being, and in faking it might sound like
the real thing, so this might be the real thing, but frankly, i
doubt it. Why would they sing like this when they knew they
could be heard, when normally they sometimes seem human
until you know otherwise? Better safe than sorry. Several
people got an almost instinctive gut level rejection attitude
going, "it gave me the willies" and similar comments. Trust
no one and nothing. Even Christ can be imitated by demons.
there was a monk who was tricked into worshipping a demon
who pretended to be Christ, and later became possessed,
until his friends dragged him physically into church and threw
him to the ground at the foot of the altar or in front of the
iconostasis I forget which. Apparently he was freed then.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: