OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:47:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vatican say's SSPX Ordinations Illegitimate  (Read 549 times) Average Rating: 0
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:09 AM »

http://www.radiovaticana.org/en1/Articolo.asp?c=501711

Fraternity of Saint Pius X ordinations illegitimate

The recent priestly ordinations celebrated by the Fraternity of Saint Pius X are to be considered "illegitimate”, confirmed Father Federico Lombardi, Vatican Press Office Director, responding to journalists' questions on Tuesday.

Father Lombardi repeated what was affirmed by Pope Benedict XVI in his Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church of March 10, 2009:

"As long as the Society [of Saint Pius X] does not have a canonical status in the Church, its ministers do not exercise legitimate ministries in the Church (...). Until the doctrinal questions are clarified, the Society has no canonical status in the Church, and its ministers (...) do not legitimately exercise any ministry in the Church."

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
WetCatechumen
Roman Catholic
Elder

Faith: Catholic Christianity
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite - Archdiocese of Santa Fe; Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:54:00 AM »

Duh.

"And because they have nothing better to do, they take cushion and chairs to Rome. And while the Pope is saying liturgy, they go, 'Oh, oh, oh, filioque!' And the Pope say, 'Filioque? That-uh sound nice! I think I divide-uh the Church over it!'" - Comrade Real Presence
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »

I guess that in Vatican-speak this means the ordinations are illicit but not invalid.  In other words these men have the grace of the priesthood but they acquired it illicitly?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:28:09 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:26:31 AM »

I almost went to one of their chapels at one point. Turns out the nearest one is still pretty far from me. Guess that turned out for the best. If I were there now, I would have gotten caught up in the new development, and it would have been downhill from there.  Tongue

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »

I have been to many SSPX Masses in my lifetime; my one regret was when they moved the chapel much further away and I coudn't get to it anymore. And their chapels were always very, very crowded too.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 08:32:01 AM »

I almost went to one of their chapels at one point. Turns out the nearest one is still pretty far from me. Guess that turned out for the best. If I were there now, I would have gotten caught up in the new development, and it would have been downhill from there.  Tongue

But is it really a new development?

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:40 AM »

^^ I think the headline makes it sound more significant than it really is.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: