OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 06:19:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chasidic boy in NY murdered; please pray for the family  (Read 468 times) Average Rating: 0
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« on: July 13, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »

There are no words to describe how sick this makes me feel... Cry

http://www.vosizneias.com/87404

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »

For those who were not aware, Leiby Kletzky was found dismembered earlier this week.

Lord, have mercy!

Please remember this is the PRAYER forum and, as such, if you want to discuss this crime, start a new thread elsewhere.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:44:04 PM by Schultz » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »

The boy had asked his parents to let him walk the seven blocks home alone from summer camp at Yeshiva Boyan School, on 44th between 12th and 13th Avenues.  They compromised: he was to meet his mom halfway at the corner of 13th Ave. and 50th St.....while heading home from day camp without his parents for the first time...
Lord have mercy!

I remember how my sons were so anxious for the first time to go somewhere alone. I've pierced by sorrow for his parents since I heard this. Lord comfort them!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »

Barukh atah Adonai Eloheinu melekh ha'olam, dayan ha-emet.

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »

Lord Jesus have mercy. Comfort this family, Lord. Please.
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 11:46:24 PM »

The boy had asked his parents to let him walk the seven blocks home alone from summer camp at Yeshiva Boyan School, on 44th between 12th and 13th Avenues.  They compromised: he was to meet his mom halfway at the corner of 13th Ave. and 50th St.....while heading home from day camp without his parents for the first time...
Lord have mercy!

I remember how my sons were so anxious for the first time to go somewhere alone. I've pierced by sorrow for his parents since I heard this. Lord comfort them!

I thought the same thing, remembering when my then 11 yr old wanted to walk somewhere alone.

Lord, have mercy....Barukh dayan ha'emet (Blessed is the True Judge).

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 11:56:15 PM »

Lord have mercy on this child and on his family.

My son used to wander off without telling me where he went. He would often go to the reservoir where several people had been killed.
That place also has mountain lions, coyotes, and black bears who could have made him into a meal.

Lord Jesus Christ, protect our children.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:57:13 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 12:17:11 AM »

Wow.
Lord have mercy.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
Margaret S.

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:02:24 AM »

How terrifying. Poor little lad, poor, poor parents. What an unbelievable world when you can't let a 9 year old walk a couple of blocks.

Lord have mercy.

Margaret
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: