OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 06:40:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: blocking private emails from users on this site  (Read 1283 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« on: April 10, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »

is there a way to block private emails from other users on this site? I'm not saying I need it; I was just wondering.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

Do you want to block the e-mails sent due to private messages or the private messages themselves?

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »

is there a way to block private emails from other users on this site? I'm not saying I need it; I was just wondering.

Don't list your e-mail address?

(Sorry, poor attempt at humor!)

†IC XC†
†NI KA†
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:04:28 PM by Saint Iaint » Logged

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »

You can edit the "account related settings" for your profile to "hide email address from public." Then only the admin can see your email address. If you mean pm's then that is a little different.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:25:12 PM by Quinault » Logged
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

His e-mail address is hidden.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:20:45 PM »

Let me clarify--I am referring to private messages sent through oc.net.  Is there any way to block messages from individual users on this board?

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »

Click Profile, then Personal Message Options (on the left).  You can chose to ignore specific users, or everyone.

Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »

I know there's a way because I've been blocked. (Sad face)...

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
scamandrius
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »

I know there's a way because I've been blocked. (Sad face)...

Uh, wasn't me. Wink

Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 12:04:45 AM »

Is there a way to block board posts from someone?

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 12:07:19 AM »

No, but if you think a post was improper you can click "report to moderorator" at the left hand corner of the post itself.                                                                                                   

look down
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:09:33 AM by Tallitot » Logged

Proverbs 22:7
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 12:39:57 AM »

No, but if you think a post was improper you can click "report to moderorator" at the left hand corner of the post itself.                                                                                                   

look down

Thanks, yes I know about that and have used it. It would just be a lot easier if I didn't have to see the posts in the first place.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 01:06:24 AM »

look down

Thanks, yes I know about that and have used it. It would just be a lot easier if I didn't have to see the posts in the first place.
Well, you don't have to read them, unless they come from a moderator and are typed in green or red font.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »

look down

Well, you don't have to read them, unless they come from a moderator and are typed in green or red font.
And even then, no one "has" to read them.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

look down

how do you know if you're going to agree or disagree w/ a post before you read it? if there is a particular poster you always find offensive, just skip his or her posts.

Proverbs 22:7
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »

look down

how do you know if you're going to agree or disagree w/ a post before you read it? if there is a particular poster you always find offensive, just skip his or her posts.

that's my plan!

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »

look down

What do we do if one of the Priests on the board types in Red or Green but it's on Nativity, The Feast of Peter and Paul (tomorrow!) or Pentecost?  Just assume it's normal?
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »

look down

What do we do if one of the Priests on the board types in Red or Green but it's on Nativity, The Feast of Peter and Paul (tomorrow!) or Pentecost?  Just assume it's normal?

THere  are several priests who participate here. If a priest writes here and is not part of the Mod staff, then read that post as you would any other.

If a Mod here who is a priest writes in red or green, then it is an official statement, just as if a non-priest staff member would write in red or green.

If I write in red or green, the people here should treat it as they would normally...i.e., ignore everything I write.  Cheesy

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: