OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 05:33:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 2300 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »

I don't thinks it matters anymore who broke away from who, everybody will defend what faith they are in and nobody will say we got it wrong.

That's not true.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »

Ok, that forms another question....and I would like to note, this is simply a question out of ignorance, I am not throwing accusations. how can these churches who break away from the Orthodox Church, claim to be the original? (RC, ACOE, OO, etc)? I fail to understand that.

primuspilus

"Break away"?

Which party is the one that broke away is debated.

They each claim to be the party that was broken away from.
It shouldn't be. It's obvious that we are the Church.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 07:08:32 PM »

Ok, that forms another question....and I would like to note, this is simply a question out of ignorance, I am not throwing accusations. how can these churches who break away from the Orthodox Church, claim to be the original? (RC, ACOE, OO, etc)? I fail to understand that.

primuspilus

"Break away"?

LOL, that made my day.

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »

primuspilus

"Break away"?

LOL, that made my day.

Smiley

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »

We Catholics are the original because we are.  Your Vatican broke off from us at least by 1054, though I say 1015, when your "supreme pontiff" stopped confessing the Orthodox Creed his predecessors accepted from the Catholic Church, and adopted another creed at the Frankish emperor's command.

I'm aware that the Pope allowed the creed-with-filioque to be recited in Rome as of 1014, but I wasn't aware that the Creed was changed again in 1015.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: