Author Topic: Pictures during the Divine Liturgy  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Abune N.

Pictures during the Divine Liturgy
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »
I am a reader/chanter at church so i have a lot of access to many different places in the church. I was wondering during the Divine Liturgy is it ok to take pictures in the altar or is that borderline disrespectful?

Offline pensateomnia

• Bibliophylax
  • Archon
  • metron ariston
Re: Pictures during the Divine Liturgy
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
Happens all the time, provided the priest is OK with it.
But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:20:54 AM »

Just ask the priest and get his permission.....then share the photos!
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline TheodoraElizabeth3

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:25:51 AM »
To be the least disruptive, shoot without a flash if possible and make sure all sounds on your digital camera are turned off!

Offline Poppy

• OC.net guru
  • No Artificial Sugar
    • im the pretty one!!!
  • Faith: Muslim
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »
yeah taking pictures is fine just don't TALK like i did and get the evil eye from the lady at the front!!! :police: :police: :police:

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »

Poppy, you didn't take photos inside the Altar, did you?   ;)

I once gave my camera to the one of my nephews, who serves in the Altar.  It was really cool to see what the inside wall of the iconostasis looks like!  LOL! 

Of couse he took photos of what he thought was really cool and important - like the wardrobe where they hang their robes/stichar....and the spider in the corner...who has apparently been there for months.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »

I once gave my camera to the one of my nephews, who serves in the Altar.  It was really cool to see what the inside wall of the iconostasis looks like!  LOL! 

Of couse he took photos of what he thought was really cool and important - like the wardrobe where they hang their robes/stichar....and the spider in the corner...who has apparently been there for months.

Cute.
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline Poppy

• OC.net guru
  • No Artificial Sugar
    • im the pretty one!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »

nah sorry i didn't. I did take two photos but i couldnt turn off my camera noise so every time i clicked a shot i coughed to cover up the noise and but then my photo was blurry  >:(

Offline TheodoraElizabeth3

• Elder
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 01:15:57 PM »
I did take two photos but i couldnt turn off my camera noise so every time i clicked a shot i coughed to cover up the noise and but then my photo was blurry  >:(

Poppy, do you have a DSLR or a small point and shoot digital? The shutter noise on the DSLR is unavoidable, but if you have a small point and shoot, if you go into the settings you can turn the volume on the beeps and alert noises totally off.

Offline Poppy

• OC.net guru
  • No Artificial Sugar
    • im the pretty one!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:12:18 AM »
Nope its just my blackberry curve camera but i can't find where to turn the stupid poxy pickin noise off