Author Topic: For the unemployed and under-employed.  (Read 367 times)

Offline KBN1

• High Elder
For the unemployed and under-employed.
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:34:26 PM »
I am self employed soft tissue therapist and I haven't had a good month since April.  I picked up a part time gig at a grocery store last week to supplement, but things are still going to be very tight unless things turn around a bit.  (If any of you are in the Minneapolis area or know someone in the Minneapolis area that needs a good therapist for joint, muscle, or back/neck pain, pm me.  Sorry for the shameless plug.)  At any rate, I know that there are quite a few around here that are in similar or worse shape than I am in.  Please pray for us all.

Offline IsmiLiora

• Chronic Exaggerator
  • Archon
  • Back by unpopular demand.
Re: For the unemployed and under-employed.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
I dearly wish I could help you out. :(

It took me time to find contract work, and it underpays so much, I'm ashamed to tell people how much I make for the long hours I work. Before that I was unemployed for about a year (doing an unpaid internship half of the time. Fresh out of college students in DC = slave labor for gov't and non-profits).

May the Lord have mercy on all of those who are struggling with gainful employment.
She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right

Offline Xenia1918

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »
I am self employed soft tissue therapist and I haven't had a good month since April.  I picked up a part time gig at a grocery store last week to supplement, but things are still going to be very tight unless things turn around a bit.  (If any of you are in the Minneapolis area or know someone in the Minneapolis area that needs a good therapist for joint, muscle, or back/neck pain, pm me.  Sorry for the shameless plug.)  At any rate, I know that there are quite a few around here that are in similar or worse shape than I am in.  Please pray for us all.

I know what it feels like to be underemployed; we're in that situation in our family right now too. :( And by the way I WISH that you lived near me...I could REALLY use a joint/muscle therapist, badly! Everything hurts, all the time, from overuse injuries from frequent workouts for the last 10 years...(so much for exercise being a GOOD thing!)
"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com

Offline KBN1

• High Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
Thank you both for the encouragement.