OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 01:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the unemployed and under-employed.  (Read 292 times) Average Rating: 0
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: July 10, 2011, 09:34:26 PM »

I am self employed soft tissue therapist and I haven't had a good month since April.  I picked up a part time gig at a grocery store last week to supplement, but things are still going to be very tight unless things turn around a bit.  (If any of you are in the Minneapolis area or know someone in the Minneapolis area that needs a good therapist for joint, muscle, or back/neck pain, pm me.  Sorry for the shameless plug.)  At any rate, I know that there are quite a few around here that are in similar or worse shape than I am in.  Please pray for us all.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »

I dearly wish I could help you out. Sad

It took me time to find contract work, and it underpays so much, I'm ashamed to tell people how much I make for the long hours I work. Before that I was unemployed for about a year (doing an unpaid internship half of the time. Fresh out of college students in DC = slave labor for gov't and non-profits).

May the Lord have mercy on all of those who are struggling with gainful employment.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »

I am self employed soft tissue therapist and I haven't had a good month since April.  I picked up a part time gig at a grocery store last week to supplement, but things are still going to be very tight unless things turn around a bit.  (If any of you are in the Minneapolis area or know someone in the Minneapolis area that needs a good therapist for joint, muscle, or back/neck pain, pm me.  Sorry for the shameless plug.)  At any rate, I know that there are quite a few around here that are in similar or worse shape than I am in.  Please pray for us all.

I know what it feels like to be underemployed; we're in that situation in our family right now too. Sad And by the way I WISH that you lived near me...I could REALLY use a joint/muscle therapist, badly! Everything hurts, all the time, from overuse injuries from frequent workouts for the last 10 years...(so much for exercise being a GOOD thing!)

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »

Thank you both for the encouragement.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: