OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 05:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 16481 times) Average Rating: 0
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »

I need to explain something. Because a person's identity as a Christian is determined by their faith and practice, Christians often assume that Judaism works the same way. But religion alone is not what makes one Jewish (or not). Jews are a religio-nation, which means even if a Jew is an atheist or non-practicing, he is still regarded as a Jew in full, as long as his mother is. Even a Jew who becomes a member of another religion remains a Jew ("A Jew who sins remains a Jew", Tractate Sanhedrin; the Talmud), although naturally they are treated like pariahs while they remain in the other religion. In fact a Jew who converts to another religion and seeks to return to Judaism, does not have to go through a re-conversion ceremony apart from MAYBE a trip to the mikveh (ritual purification tank, similaer to Christian baptism).

As for Menachem Begin's quote (alleged or real), I first saw it on a Jewish website, so I naturally assumed it was legit (I don't recall why they had posted it, but they did.)

Much of the teaching found in the "oral Torah" (Talmud) had been orally passed down from generation to generation, long before it was set into writing at the time of the destruction of the Second Bais HaMikdash (Temple). It is still orally passed down in many fashions, and are an integral part of the modern Jewish religion. In fact it was these very teachings that Christ Himself railed against the Parushim (Pharisees) for keeping meticulously, often to the exclusion of the actual Torah (Five Books of Moses)!

I have known many Jews, even secular ones, who refused to eat cheese burgers because they said "the Jew in me just won't do it", even though this is a Talmudic teaching, and even though they themselves had never studied Talmud. There are many rituals and customs in modern Judaism that many Jews engage in, even though they have never read the Talmud.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:17:59 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »

As for Menachem Begin's quote (alleged or real)
Oh I think we've seen that it's the product of a delusional mind spread via internet conspiracy theory sites to other delusional minds.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »

OK, time for me to be the little boy who sees that the Emperor is naked.... Cheesy

The reason why so many today bend over backward to sound pro-Jewish (and pro-black), is because they have a dread fear of being thought "racist" or "antisemitic". Apparently, there is nothing worse one can be called....personally I'd rather be called one of those rather than "pedophile", "rapist" or "murderer", but that's just me I guess.

The only facts we know so far is that you're not actually a Christian and he is not actually a Monk.

And if you're actually a Christian, why are you lying?
By definition, one can only lie about that which one knows to be true. He can be lying about what he knows to be a fact by stating that he knows more than he really does, but if he doesn't really know whether you're Christian or not, he isn't really lying by stating that you're not, for he simply doesn't know for certain. Again, lying is the act of telling someone the opposite of what the liar knows with certainty to be true. To accuse him of lying is to assert that you know what he knows to be true--in this case, to assert that you know that he knows without a doubt that you are a Christian yet would try to deceive us into believing you aren't. Are you ready to argue that you can read his mind with such certainty as to know exactly what he knows?

What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.
You're not really helping your cause any by launching your own defensive attack against Marc like this. I advise you then to just leave him alone.

My story is in several places on this forum, all one needs to do is read my posts to learn my background. In fact its also listed in my profile info. In fact eacxh post of mine has this under my handle: "Faith: Orthodox catechumen of Jewish and Traditional RC background".

I am a catechumen in the Orthodox Church, but I truly hope that most Orthodox are not like him.

Do us and you a favor and stay with the RCC.

May I quote you to my priest? And yes, he knows my views. He understands why I hold them, too.

Yes indeed..Tell him I said we are all full up with Anti-Semites already and the last thing we need is another one.

The Catholic Church is far larger in the USA. They have more capacity to absorb your little "Story" as you call it without as much damage to their reputation..

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »

OK, time for me to be the little boy who sees that the Emperor is naked.... Cheesy

The reason why so many today bend over backward to sound pro-Jewish (and pro-black), is because they have a dread fear of being thought "racist" or "antisemitic". Apparently, there is nothing worse one can be called....personally I'd rather be called one of those rather than "pedophile", "rapist" or "murderer", but that's just me I guess.

The only facts we know so far is that you're not actually a Christian and he is not actually a Monk.

By definition, one can only lie about that which one knows to be true. He can be lying about what he knows to be a fact by stating that he knows more than he really does, but if he doesn't really know whether you're Christian or not, he isn't really lying by stating that you're not, for he simply doesn't know for certain. Again, lying is the act of telling someone the opposite of what the liar knows with certainty to be true. To accuse him of lying is to assert that you know what he knows to be true--in this case, to assert that you know that he knows without a doubt that you are a Christian yet would try to deceive us into believing you aren't. Are you ready to argue that you can read his mind with such certainty as to know exactly what he knows?

What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.
You're not really helping your cause any by launching your own defensive attack against Marc like this. I advise you then to just leave him alone.

My story is in several places on this forum, all one needs to do is read my posts to learn my background. In fact its also listed in my profile info. In fact each post of mine has this under my handle: "Faith: Orthodox catechumen of Jewish and Traditional RC background".

I am a catechumen in the Orthodox Church, but I truly hope that most Orthodox are not like him.

May I quote you to my priest? And yes, he knows my views. He understands why I hold them, too.

Yes indeed..Tell him I said we are all full up with Anti-Semites already and the last thing we need is another one.

The Catholic Church is far larger in the USA. They have more capacity to absorb your little "Story" as you call it without as much damage to their reputation..

Trust me when I say that if  I wanted to consult someone to ask if I should continue with my intention to join the Church, you are the absolute last person I would ever consider consulting.

And now, if you don't mind, I won't be reading or replying to any of your posts anymore, unless someone directs my attention to one (as has happened).

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »

Xenia!

It's great to hear you will be christmated in two weeks time!

I think we all need to take a step back and focus on what is truly important here....that the Orthodox Church is going to increase in number by one member!

I cannot believe that some of our Orthodox faithful would ever truly recommend that someone not join Orthodoxy.  I believe we are letting our momentary emotions get the better of us. 

How about we forgive each other and let this thread die a quiet death?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
J.M.C
Слава Богу за всё!

« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »

Yes, Liza, it is good news and I wish Xenia many years!

IC XC
NI KA
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »

Thank you, Liza and JMC for bringing some holy Orthodoxy into this thread!  Smiley

CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »

Xenia!

It's great to hear you will be christmated in two weeks time!

I think we all need to take a step back and focus on what is truly important here....that the Orthodox Church is going to increase in number by one member!

I cannot believe that some of our Orthodox faithful would ever truly recommend that someone not join Orthodoxy.  I believe we are letting our momentary emotions get the better of us. 

How about we forgive each other and let this thread die a quiet death?

Amen. Many years!

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2011, 04:20:11 PM »

Even if the Rothschilds are nefarious, how does this imply that Jews in general are in conspiracy?

No one ever said all Jews were responsible.

Forgive my sins.
Philoumenos
Wishes Jews Would Come to Christ

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2011, 05:48:28 PM »

Or at least that's what they want you to think. Regardless. It's a Talmudic culture; it's a worldview

Right, because the guy who considers himself Jewish because his Polish grandmother was and, after leaving religious observance behind, his family never adopted any other faith else is so steeped in the Talmud. The 30,000 Israelis a year who go to India and sit on the beach smoking hashish, praising Shiva and complaining that Abrahamic religion is bullshit are so steeped in rabbinical lore. The Russians who came to Israel because they could find better jobs than in the former USSR, and who are more sympathetic to Russian Orthodoxy than to Orthodox Judaism, are so bent on world domination.

Please see Xenia's post above on the subject. It's cultural.

Are there Jews who don't go along with all that it entails? YES. Look at Xenia.

But also look at how fellow Jews (even supposedly Orthodox Christian ones) treat her when she tells the truth about this stuff... this behind your back stuff. They almost all lie about it to our faces because for them not to do so "Wouldn't Be Good For the Jews".

'Feeling the Hate in Jerusalem' by Max Blumenthal (PROFANITY)

For about the dozenth time I'll ask, assuming that some calling themselves Jewish are obnoxious, how does that support the claim of a conspiracy of "the Jews"?

It shows you how they speak when there are only other Jews around... They're like drunks: the truth comes out!

Maybe you should look into the history of the Rothschilds (RedShields) and their ilk around the world in recent history a little first.

Even if the Rothschilds are nefarious, how does this imply that Jews in general are in conspiracy?

I'm pretty sure I never said "Jews in general ______," or "All Jews ________."

But there ARE Jews in a conspiracy to rule this earth; to rule OVER the so-called 'Gentiles'.

And THOSE Jews control the majority of the U.S. Congress and Senate, most of the mainstream media, and the Federal Reserve System (of money creation & usury). Go ahead and research into who OWNS the Federal Reserve. See any O' Malleys or  McCormacs on the list?

They have banks all over the world now, creating money from nothing (poof!) and then lending it AT INTEREST to our respective governments. This money that they've fraudulently "lent" to us is "paid back" to them by TAXPAYERS like you and I.

This IS part of said conspiracy.

The Jewish state has a booming economy. Yet the U.S. still sends them (at least) 3 Billion dollars a year (!$$$!) in so-called "AID".

The aid is illegal because the Jewish state has UNDECLARED NUCLEAR WEAPONS. They refuse to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and they refuse to allow inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency.

These are the same things many dumb Americans want to militarily attack Iran for now - even though Iran has NO nukes, IS A SIGNATORY to the NNPT and DOES allow IAEA inspectors into their facilities.

Why is this the case? Is it because Ahmadinejad said he wanted to "Drive the Jews into the Sea!"? Or "Wipe Israel off the Map!!"? Or is it because he (GASP!) denies that 6,000,000 Jews were murdered by the Germans in WWII?

These statements do not however indict ALL Jews, as you infer.

But many indict themselves by denying it and lying about it; actively covering for their co-religionists in "Jewry". Why?

Because it's "Good for the Jews".

As for Menachem Begin's quote (alleged or real)
Oh I think we've seen that it's the product of a delusional mind spread via internet conspiracy theory sites to other delusional minds.

I, OzGeorge have spoken!

(Or, more accurately) The Zionist institution CAMERA has spoken and I, OzGeorge have parroted!

It's just a question of who to believe. An honest Jew exposing the Zionists...

OR the Zionist organization CAMERA trying to cover for their Zionist pals by defaming anyone who dares to tell the truth.

If I'm investigating the KKK - do I go to a KKK source to get the truth about the KKK? Or should I just assume that the KKK will lie to me to protect their own, and their own common agenda?

Duh.

If I want to verify that Obama privately says he's working for gun control "behind the scenes"... should I bother asking Jay Carney?

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »

Quote from: Philoumenos
But there ARE Jews in a conspiracy to rule this earth; to rule OVER the so-called 'Gentiles'.

And THOSE Jews control the majority of the U.S. Congress and Senate, most of the mainstream media, and the Federal Reserve System (of money creation & usury). Go ahead and research into who OWNS the Federal Reserve. See any O' Malleys or  McCormacs on the list?

Huh  Huh  Huh

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Philoumenos

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2011, 07:53:26 PM »

???  ???  ???

(You've got to be kidding me)

Nope. Not kidding.

JEWS THAT RUN THE PRIVATELY-OWNED FEDERAL RESERVE BANK:

1) Ben Shalom Bernanke: Chairman of the Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. Term ends 2020.

2) Donald L. Kohn: Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. Term ends 2016.

3) Randall S. Kroszner: Member of Board of Governors of Federal Reserve.

4) Frederic S. Mishkin: Member of Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. Term ends 2014.

5) Alan Greenspan: Advisor to Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. (Previous) Chairman.

THE JEWISH BANKS THAT OWN THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM (List from 2007)

* Rothschild Banks of London and Berlin
* Goldman Sachs Bank of New York
* Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York/Shearson American Express
* Lazard Brothers Bank of Paris
* Israel Moses Sief Banks of Italy
* Warburg Bank of Hamburg, Germany and Amsterdam
* Lehman Brothers Bank of New York (Now defunct)
* Chase Manhattan Bank of New York (David Rockefeller [Crypto-Jew?])

'Federal Reserve Jews Control America'

'President Andrew Jackson Vs Jewish Bankers'

'Federal Reserve Articles'

Here's a cartoon for those of you that don't like to study and read and have a hard time getting it (*Note the RedSheild*):

'The American Dream'

With love,
You're welcome.

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »

Philoumenos- Now tell us the truth about the Holocaust.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »

Philoumenos

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »

What would you care to know?

Have you studied it?

Yes, yes...

I'm insane, etc. Very nice, thank you.

I don't take any pills though. Not even Aspirin. Those things'll kill ya.

Thanks anyway.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »

I once did volunteer work with children who were mentally ill, it was not easy or "fun", but they are human beings just the same.

How is using the "mental" slur against someone whose views you disagree with any different than using racial or religious slurs? I mean, really? Are mentally ill people the last acceptable group to ridicule? Or is it fat people?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:11:49 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »

My story is in several places on this forum, all one needs to do is read my posts to learn my background. In fact its also listed in my profile info. In fact each post of mine has this under my handle: "Faith: Orthodox catechumen of Jewish and Traditional RC background".

Trust me when I say that if  I wanted to consult someone to ask if I should continue with my intention to join the Church, you are the absolute last person I would ever consider consulting.

And now, if you don't mind, I won't be reading or replying to any of your posts anymore, unless someone directs my attention to one (as has happened).

Good idea..Because if you asked me I would advise you for your own good and ours to stay clear..

You are feeding vicious Antisemites exactly what they want to hear. You are confirming all their dark little fantasies and unstable paranoia, as if you are some sort of expert with "Inside Information'.. Shame on you.. ( Wagging finger).

So making common cause with bigots would  harm the Church and it's reputation and would thereby harm you too.  

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »

Someone who rants about "Jews controlling the banks and the media" is not exactly batting in the children's chewable aspirin category.

If this board is at the point where vile anti-Semitic screeds are considered more acceptable than making fun of them, it's lost.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »

Huh  Huh  Huh

(You've got to be kidding me)

Nope. Not kidding.

JEWS THAT RUN THE PRIVATELY-OWNED FEDERAL RESERVE BANK:

1) Ben Shalom Bernanke: Chairman of the Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. Term ends 2020.

2) Donald L. Kohn: Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. Term ends 2016.

3) Randall S. Kroszner: Member of Board of Governors of Federal Reserve.

4) Frederic S. Mishkin: Member of Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. Term ends 2014.

5) Alan Greenspan: Advisor to Board of Governors of Federal Reserve. (Previous) Chairman.

THE JEWISH BANKS THAT OWN THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM (List from 2007)

* Rothschild Banks of London and Berlin
* Goldman Sachs Bank of New York
* Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York/Shearson American Express
* Lazard Brothers Bank of Paris
* Israel Moses Sief Banks of Italy
* Warburg Bank of Hamburg, Germany and Amsterdam
* Lehman Brothers Bank of New York (Now defunct)
* Chase Manhattan Bank of New York (David Rockefeller [Crypto-Jew?])

'Federal Reserve Jews Control America'

'President Andrew Jackson Vs Jewish Bankers'

'Federal Reserve Articles'

Here's a cartoon for those of you that don't like to study and read and have a hard time getting it (*Note the RedSheild*):

'The American Dream'

With love,
You're welcome.

No cross examination is necessary.....Prosecution rests Your Honor

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »

Everyone take a look at Philoumenos' posts, and then look at SaintIaint's posts... the similarity, not only in content, but in tone, style, and presentation, is uncanny.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »

The spacing, bold text...mon dieu!

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »

Speaking personally, I have no interest or knowledge in the "Jews run the banks" issues, or anything of a political nature. My criticisms of Judaism comes from the years I spent as an Orthodox Jew. My complaints are religious, not political.

I also recognized, when I read the New Testament, that the things Jesus Christ and St Paul said about Judaism were true. My issue is religious, not political.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »

Speaking personally, I have no interest or knowledge in the "Jews run the banks" issues, or anything of a political nature. My criticisms of Judaism comes from the years I spent as an Orthodox Jew. My complaints are religious, not political.

I also recognized, when I read the New Testament, that the things Jesus Christ and St Paul said about Judaism were true. My issue is religious, not political.

You have talked extensively about what Jews "really say" behind the backs of Christians. You are feeding nuts to the squirrels.

Find a new hobby.

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »

You have talked extensively about what Jews "really say" behind the backs of Christians. You are feeding nuts to the squirrels.

Find a new hobby.
Why are Jews spitting in the face of Orthodox priests?
"A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face. "
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/christians-in-jerusalem-want-jews-to-stop-spitting-on-them-1.137099

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »

Find a new hobby.
"A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face. "
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/christians-in-jerusalem-want-jews-to-stop-spitting-on-them-1.137099

I honestly don't know. I do know that Jews tend to have more of a "problem" with the liturgical churches (Orthodox, RC) because they perceive those two churches as having been more antisemitic. Maybe that's why? Also, apart from Rabbenu Tam (France, 15th century), many Orthodox Jews follow the beliefs of the Rambam (Maimonides), who felt that Christians, because of the belief in the Holy Trinity, are polytheists.

As for the Holy Land, I have never been a zionist (not even when I was a religious Jew). I do know that the miltant right wing Jews do not believe nonJews belong in the Holy Land, and they want them to leave (Christians as well as Palestinians). They try to make life there as unpleasant as possible so they will. As Orthodox Christians, I believe the focus should be on protecting the Christians of the Holy Land from this, esp. since many if not most of them are Orthodox.

But things like that really anger me, as do incidents like this (I realize these kids are evidently drunken, but as the old Latin saying goes, "In vino veritas".)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ek5G6337yU&feature=related (Warning: Profane language used_
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:07:31 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

searn77

Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & the British Isles

St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York

« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2011, 12:44:31 AM »

I just read this thread and I visited Br. Nathaniel's website. Someone told him about how he was being talked about on this forum (but a different thread) and he responded with the following:

Quote from: Br. Nathaniel

It seems that I inspire in people both great love and great hatred including so-called Orthodox Christians.

St Paul, (though I do not dare compare myself with him), often stated that his enemies were “from within.”

As regards my using the 60 Minute Clips there are tons of clips from 60 Minutes up on YouTube and the “fair use” rule comes into play so I doubt that I will have any problems. YouTube has already offered me “revenue sharing” on this Video so they are well aware of my using the 60 Minutes Clips as are all my viewers.

If this so-called Orthodox Christian wishes to take this Video down then it will be on that person’s head as many have already inquired of me by email expressing keen interest in Orthodoxy and Orthodox monasticism. It would be on that person’s head that many who would write to me in the future would be denied this venue that gives exposure to Orthodoxy. I pity this person if that does happen.

As regards my standing in ROCOR I am a member in good standing of the ROCOR parish in Manhattan, the Cathedral, “Our Lady Of The Sign,” so I doubt that this nasty person will have any luck there in defaming me. Last week I was in Church with Metropolitan Hilarion and Bishop Jerome and took Holy Communion receiving as: “Brother Nathanael” partakes of the Holy Mysteries…

+Brother Nathanael
Orthodox Christian Monastic
ROCOR

http://www.realzionistnews.com/?p=643
(If you don't feel like scrolling around on his website to find out where he said this, he replied with this message on July 6, 2011 @ 3:32 am)

I thought I would post this for people wondering about Br. Nathaniel.  I'm not claiming to have any opinions on the issues being discussed or about Br. Nathaniel or anyone else on this forum.  I just was reading this thread, looked at his website to try and find out who he was affiliated with, found this message that he wrote on his website, and I thought I would share it here.

Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2011, 12:47:10 AM »

Why do you think that the actions of Jewish inhabitants of Jerusalem (which is a powerkeg where even Muslim and Christian residents can be vitriolic) have any bearing on the millions of Jews worldwide in general?
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2011, 01:02:23 AM »

I just read this thread and I visited Br. Nathaniel's website. Someone told him about how he was being talked about on this forum (but a different thread) and he responded with the following:

It seems that I inspire in people both great love and great hatred including so-called Orthodox Christians.

St Paul, (though I do not dare compare myself with him), often stated that his enemies were “from within.”

As regards my using the 60 Minute Clips there are tons of clips from 60 Minutes up on YouTube and the “fair use” rule comes into play so I doubt that I will have any problems. YouTube has already offered me “revenue sharing” on this Video so they are well aware of my using the 60 Minutes Clips as are all my viewers.

If this so-called Orthodox Christian wishes to take this Video down then it will be on that person’s head as many have already inquired of me by email expressing keen interest in Orthodoxy and Orthodox monasticism. It would be on that person’s head that many who would write to me in the future would be denied this venue that gives exposure to Orthodoxy. I pity this person if that does happen.

As regards my standing in ROCOR I am a member in good standing of the ROCOR parish in Manhattan, the Cathedral, “Our Lady Of The Sign,” so I doubt that this nasty person will have any luck there in defaming me. Last week I was in Church with Metropolitan Hilarion and Bishop Jerome and took Holy Communion receiving as: “Brother Nathanael” partakes of the Holy Mysteries…

+Brother Nathanael
ROCOR

(If you don't feel like scrolling around on his website to find out where he said this, he replied with this message on July 6, 2011 @ 3:32 am)

I thought I would post this for people wondering about Br. Nathaniel.  I'm not claiming to have any opinions on the issues being discussed or about Br. Nathaniel or anyone else on this forum.  I just was reading this thread, looked at his website to try and find out who he was affiliated with, found this message that he wrote on his website, and I thought I would share it here.
Thank you for posting this. This will (hopefully) put an end to the multitudes of vicious lies and rumors concerning Br. Nathanael. He is an inspiration for those of us who love righteousness and hate iniquity.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2011, 01:08:40 AM »

Someone who rants about "Jews controlling the banks and the media" is not exactly batting in the children's chewable aspirin category.

I have no idea what mixed metaphor last part of that sentence means, but I did truly laugh out loud.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2011, 01:11:51 AM »

I once did volunteer work with children who were mentally ill, it was not easy or "fun", but they are human beings just the same.

How is using the "mental" slur against someone whose views you disagree with any different than using racial or religious slurs? I mean, really? Are mentally ill people the last acceptable group to ridicule? Or is it fat people?

I like to think it is RC pedophile priests.

And medical advice not necessarily a slur makes. 

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2011, 01:38:36 AM »

Why do you think that the actions of Jewish inhabitants of Jerusalem (which is a powerkeg where even Muslim and Christian residents can be vitriolic) have any bearing on the millions of Jews worldwide in general?

Many (not all) Jews worldwide are zionists. And Judaism believes, additionally, that all Jews are responsible for one another. This means that Jews are to help each other, but it also means that the actions of Jews in one place reflect (favorably or unfavorably) on all Jews.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2011, 01:45:17 AM »

I like to think it is RC pedophile priests.

And medical advice not necessarily a slur makes. 

I think it was obvious that it was being used as a slur or insult, not as a genuine suggestion to seek medical help. A genuine suggestion, done out of Christian charity, would have been sent as a private message.

Philoumenos

« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2011, 02:04:52 AM »

+Brother Nathanael
ROCOR

I thought I would post this for people wondering about Br. Nathaniel.  I'm not claiming to have any opinions on the issues being discussed or about Br. Nathaniel or anyone else on this forum.  I just was reading this thread, looked at his website to try and find out who he was affiliated with, found this message that he wrote on his website, and I thought I would share it here.

Thanks for this. Good idea.

If this board is at the point where vile anti-Semitic screeds are considered more acceptable than making fun of them, it's lost.

Did you just call me a liar? How Christian of you. Prove it.

Who runs the Fed? What are their names and positions and can I please have a link proving that what you say is the truth?

Thanks.

No cross examination is necessary.....Prosecution rests Your Honor

Has that ever made you feel like you've actually proven something? Or do you just throw it out there in defeat?

Everyone take a look at Philoumenos' posts, and then look at SaintIaint's posts... the similarity, not only in content, but in tone, style, and presentation, is uncanny.

The spacing, bold text...mon dieu!

Tom? Annie? Is that you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Edison_Twins

Seriously?

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2011, 02:09:58 AM »

I agree with a point and now I'm a character on a TV show?  Huh

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2011, 02:16:53 AM »

And Judaism believes, additionally, that all Jews are responsible for one another. This means that Jews are to help each other, but it also means that the actions of Jews in one place reflect (favorably or unfavorably) on all Jews.

When Christians from some groups do foolish things, Christians from other groups would readily defend themselves by saying  that Christianity is a highly varied movement and the actions of some do not reflect on all others. Yet we're supposed to assume that every single person calling himself Jewish (even if on the basis of ancestry and not any religious belief) is in utter aggreement with a small group of obnoxious Jews who obey Talmudic revelations?

Many (not all) Jews worldwide are zionists.

And a great part of those favour the existence of Israel because of its greater sexual freedom/access to drugs/more diverse arts scene/better economy/fewer bureaucratic hassles than the surrounding states. Support for Israel, even among those calling themselves Jews, does not necessarily mean support for any of the religious beliefs of Judaism. As I said, most Israelis I know think that Abrahamic religions are silly and find Jewish traditional beliefs to be horribly quaint.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:38:25 AM by CRCulver » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2011, 02:17:02 AM »

Would you agree with something that wasnt truthful? No offense, but if you thought the Bible was BS would you be a Christian?

I'll fire back, do you not think it is truthful because you do not agree with it?
I asked the first question here. You will get no answer from me until I get one from you. Smiley

Obvious questions do not require obvious answers mate.
I'm not your mate, buddy.

Wouldn't it make sense to think something you agree with is truthful?
I'm not saying you agree with it; I'm saying it agrees with you.

BTW, just because you agree with something and therefore think it truthful doesn't mean it is. That's the point I've been trying to make with you. Would you concur that it's possible to agree with a lie?

1) No need to be a jerk. 2) No, I agree with it, hence why I thought it was truthful.... 3) Would you concur that something you think false could be truthful?

From what you are saying is it is not true because you dont agree with it. So by default you are God because you are apparently all knowing. I think it's truthful, yes, but Im not being judgemental if you dont agree with me. You on the other hand, are being extremely rude about all of this.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2011, 02:17:03 AM »

People constantly bring up the Holocaust as a reason not to talk bad about Jews. I'm going to bring up the plight of my Scottish ancestors and the massacre of my aboriginal ancestors, that way you can't talk bad about me either...

Forgive my sins.
CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2011, 02:21:14 AM »

People constantly bring up the Holocaust as a reason not to talk bad about Jews.

The poster brought up the Holocaust because Philomenous' dislike of Jews was based on a great amount of factual error, so he quite possibly has some great tales of Holocaust denial to tell us as well.

"Talking bad about Jews" in the sense of identifying challenges to Christian mission among people of Jewish background is fine. Perpetuating falsehoods about Jews is counterproductive.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2011, 02:33:08 AM »

When it comes to "organized Jewry", this is the only kind some people can stand:

And this is from your friendly anti-Zionist, who thinks marc is out to lunch on the issue of Israel. When marc and I agree someone is spouting anti-Jewish nonsense, it has to be pretty bad.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:34:24 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Philoumenos

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2011, 02:44:41 AM »

I agree with a point and now I'm a character on a TV show?  Huh

Yes.

Quote from: Wikipedia
"The show focused on the adventures of the main cast as they stumbled onto one problem after another, using Tom and Annie's scientific wit to solve the situation."

Cheesy

When it comes to "organized Jewry", this is the only kind some people can stand:

And this is from your friendly anti-Zionist, who thinks marc is out to lunch on the issue of Israel. When marc and I agree someone is spouting anti-Jewish nonsense, it has to be pretty bad.

Oh, come now. Let's not be melodramatic.

"If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:50:28 AM by Philoumenos » Logged

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2011, 03:17:32 AM »

It is not an isolated incident:
"Wearing a dark-blue robe, sitting in St. James’s Church, the main Armenian church in the Old City, Aghoyan said, “Every single priest in this church has been spat on. It happens day and night.”"
http://www.eutimes.net/2009/12/christians-in-jerusalem-want-jews-to-stop-spitting-on-them/
CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:28 AM »

"Wearing a dark-blue robe, sitting in St. James’s Church, the main Armenian church in the Old City, Aghoyan said, “Every single priest in this church has been spat on. It happens day and night.”"
http://www.eutimes.net/2009/12/christians-in-jerusalem-want-jews-to-stop-spitting-on-them/

I didn't say it was, but these stories are mainly confined to Jerusalem. So, again, how does this have any bearing on the general population of Jews worldwide?
Philoumenos

« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2011, 05:18:08 AM »

(...) Philomenous' dislike of Jews was based on a great amount of factual error,

Perpetuating falsehoods about Jews is counterproductive.

Dislike? I never said anything about dislike. Xenia considers herself a Jew and I like her just fine.

Please detail these "factual errors" and "falsehoods".

I didn't say it was, but these stories are mainly confined to Jerusalem. So, again, how does this have any bearing on the general population of Jews worldwide?

I'm pretty sure (no one) ever said "Jews in general ______," or "All Jews ________."

These statements do not (...) indict ALL Jews, as you infer.

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, the reply will still be the same. Which part of the above bolded statements are you having trouble comprehending here?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:38:42 AM by Philoumenos » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2011, 06:08:10 AM »

Also, the way he keeps changing his forum titles, so he appears to be saying something 'nice' on the sly.  Roll Eyes Does he think we have no memories?

I mean, really. Do he and his friends think the rest of us really buy this "I don't hate Jews, even though I talk in coded anti-Semitic language, I just don't like Zionism" hoohah? For pity's sake!

Have you *ever* met anyone who was not anti-Semitic and at the same time ranted about the Jews controlling the banks and the media?

Ever?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
 Roll Eyes

I hate to dignify this kind of cr*p with more attention, but just to give him one chance, here goes.

You know, there are only a few million Jews on the planet. A few.

There are undoubtedly millions upon millions of bank branches.

Unless every single Jewish person on the planet owns several bank branches, and people of other faiths own exactly zero, the 'theory' goes into the toilet.

Where it belongs.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2011, 09:34:29 AM »

(...) Philomenous' dislike of Jews was based on a great amount of factual error,

Perpetuating falsehoods about Jews is counterproductive.

Dislike? I never said anything about dislike. Xenia considers herself a Jew and I like her just fine.

Please detail these "factual errors" and "falsehoods".

I'm pretty sure (no one) ever said "Jews in general ______," or "All Jews ________."

These statements do not (...) indict ALL Jews, as you infer.

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, the reply will still be the same. Which part of the above bolded statements are you having trouble comprehending here?

Well, actually, I consider myself a Christian of Russian-Jewish (and Italian) heritage. Smiley

Tags: Jews anti-Semitism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: