OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 24, 2014, 12:59:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 15771 times) Average Rating: 0
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »

Even in conservative Russian circles the holy fool is viewed as something from at least three centuries ago.
Firstly, what do you means by conservative Russian circles? Monasteries? scholars? priests?

Secondly, holy fools are much older than Russia.

Thirdly, check out the list conveniently provided on Orthodoxwiki : http://orthodoxwiki.org/Fool-for-Christ#List_of_Holy_Fools-for-Christ You will find quite a few are more recent than "three centuries ago".

Just because someone expresses what he claims are Orthodox beliefs and does so in a seemingly irrational way does not make him a holy fool. Some people are not just seemingly mad, but truly mad.
True, so let us judge the orthodoxy of Br. Nathanael's words. He continually exposes and denounces the plans and actions of Jewry worldwide. This is by no means specific to him. Multitudes of Athonite monks have spoke in similar ways (Elder Paisios, Elder Joseph of Vatopedi, etc.). I would say that Orthodox monks as a whole are quite famous for answering the Jewish question.

Much of what Br. Nathanael says is based off of the account provided in the Protocols of Zion and its application in our day and age. The book was published by a devout Orthodox layman who was given a blessing to do so by a saint (St. John Kronstadt).

Br. Nathanael also continually calls the Jewish people to repentance and conversion - to abandon their anti-Christ religion and dwell in the fullness of truth - this is the essential function of the Holy Fool (calling all to greater repentance). I challenge anyone to show an instance where Br. Nathanael has spoken contrary to Orthodoxy.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »

He continually exposes and denounces the plans and actions of Jewry worldwide. This is by no means specific to him. Multitudes of Athonite monks have spoke in similar ways (Elder Paisios, Elder Joseph of Vatopedi, etc.).

Statements by Elder Pasios that villify Jews in general, as Xenia and Brother Nathanael often do, are 1) hard to authenticate, and 2) would not automatically be right simply because they were uttered by an Athonite elder.

Meanwhile, bishops under whose authority I have been, and with whom you are in communion, have spoken against such conspiracy thinking. Now, if you want to find some True Genuine Old Calendarist 100% Authentic Orthodox Church just to be free from the Jewish conspiracy you see everywhere, that's your choice.

Much of what Br. Nathanael says is based off of the account provided in the Protocols of Zion and its application in our day and age. The book was published by a devout Orthodox layman who was given a blessing to do so by a saint (St. John Kronstadt).

Funny how just when Saint Iaint was muted after long complaints, someone steps up to take his place. Have you noticed how the clergy on this board doesn't ever lend support to such hyperbolic claims?

I challenge anyone to show an instance where Br. Nathanael has spoken contrary to Orthodoxy.

Soliciting donations for a religious ministry without the permission of one's bishop is certainly contrary to Orthodoxy. We've yet to see proof of Br. Nathanael's good standing with his bishop.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 08:25:00 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 09:23:44 PM »

Speaking as someone who was raised an Orthodox Jew (and not a Reform Jew, as Brother Nathanael was), I think I know a bit more about the inner workings of authentic ("Orthodox") Judaism. I'm not out to vilify Jews; my issue is not with JEWS but with JUDAISM. My own children were taught in Orthodox Jewish Hebrew school that "Love your neighbor as yourself" means only other Jews; my youngest came home very upset about that, because she has many Gentile family members, including her own father. Basically, she interpreted that to mean they don't expect her to treat her own father with kindness.

In the 1980s when I began doing family genealogy, I asked my mother (a convert to Orthodox Judaism) for the family records. One of the things she gave me was her ketubah (Jewish marriage certificate). I noticed on it that the word "ha'betulah" (the virgin) before her name was crossed off. I translated the certificate as best I could (it was in Aramaic), and then called an Orthodox rabbi to ask why "ha'betulah" was crossed out.

He asked me if my mother was a convert to Judaism, and I replied in the affirmative. He then said (and I will never forget these words), "When a Gentile woman converts to Orthodox Judaism, it is assumed she was not a virgin because in ancient times, Gentile women often engaged in immoral sexual practices as part of their pagan religions".

He basically said they assume all Gentile women are whores. My mother, who grew up as a very strict Traditional Roman Catholic before Vatican II, in a time when women guarded their virginity, they assumed was a whore. I knew many Jewish girls when I was growing up who were very sexually immoral, yet MY mother gets assumed to be a whore, simply because she was born a Gentile? Later om, when I read in the Talmud Bavli (Babylonian Talmud) that they called the Holy Theotokos a hairdresser and a whore (God forbid!), I saw they seem to have a proclivity for doing this, making incorrect assumptions about women who are actually sexually pure.

These are just some of the issues I have with JUDAISM (not Jews).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:26:47 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 09:29:24 PM »

How many times are you going to post those anecdotes, Xenia?
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »

How many times are you going to post those anecdotes, Xenia?

Why does it bother you? Why not ask a reputable Orthodox rabbi if what I said is correct? Maybe he will confirm it.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2011, 09:38:07 PM »

Why does it bother you?

Because it's a blatant attempt to deflect criticism of your points and tone by ascribing you some supposed authority based on the mere fact you were born Jewish (if you in fact were).

Furthermore, some deplorable practices of a small portion of Jews does not lend support to the idea of a Jewish conspiracy to control the world, which is what Br. Nathanael claims.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:40:00 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2011, 09:41:35 PM »

Why does it bother you?

Because it's a blatant attempt to deflect criticism of your points and tone by ascribing you some supposed authority based on the mere fact you were born Jewish (if you in fact were).

Why would you doubt I was born Jewish? If you told me you were raised an Orthodox Christian, I wouldn't doubt it.

And what I'm saying is, ask a competent Orthodox rabbi if you doubt what I say is true. Go ahead, ask one. And while you're at it, ask him what mevushal means on a bottle of kosher wine or grape juice. Ask him to explain in detail why a Gentile at a Jewish religious meal (such as a Pesach Seder or Shabbat dinner) is not permitted to be the first to break the seal on a bottle fo kosher wine or grape juice.

Go ahead, ask.

As for these being the practices of a 'small group' of Jews, I am referring to the universal beliefs and practices of Torah Judaism, often incorrectly labeled "Orthodox" Judaism. Until about 200 years ago, it was the only form of Judaism available.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:43:31 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »

Ask him to explain in detail why a Gentile at a Jewish religious meal (such as a Pesach Seder or Shabbat dinner) is not permitted to be the first to break the seal on a bottle fo kosher wine or grape juice.

If those kind of ritual purity laws are proof that there's a conspiracy out to get us, upper-caste Hindus will beat both the Christians and the Jews. There's certainly a lot more of them to worry about than Orthodox Jews.

As for these being the practices of a 'small group' of Jews, I am referring to the universal beliefs and practices of Torah Judaism, often incorrectly labeled "Orthodox" Judaism. Until about 200 years ago, it was the only form of Judaism available.

It was the only form of Judaism available 200 years ago, but it isn't now. The vast majority of Jews around the world are now secular and consider Judaism only an ethnic affiliation. Even in Israel, heartland of "Zionism", 80% of the population isn't religious, and among young people you'll find more interest in Eastern philosophy -- Abrahamic religion with its "magical sky fairy" is perceived as something very passe.

When the practices you mention are perpetuated now by a demonstrably small group of people identifying as Jews, vilifying "the Jews" is unreasonable.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:52:55 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »

Ask him to explain in detail why a Gentile at a Jewish religious meal (such as a Pesach Seder or Shabbat dinner) is not permitted to be the first to break the seal on a bottle fo kosher wine or grape juice.

If those kind of ritual purity laws are proof that there's a conspiracy out to get us, upper-caste Hindus will beat both the Christians and the Jews. There's certainly a lot more of them to worry about than Orthodox Jews.

It was the only form of Judaism available 200 years ago, but it isn't now. The vast majority of Jews around the world are now secular and consider Judaism only an ethnic affiliation. Even in Israel, heartland of "Zionism", 80% of the population isn't religious, and among young people you'll find more interest in Eastern philosophy -- Abrahamic religion with its "magical sky fairy" is perceived as something very passe.

When the practices you mention are perpetuated now by a demonstrably small group of people identifying as Jews, vilifying "the Jews" is unreasonable.

As I said previously, my problem is not "Jews", it is Judaism. The religion.

And I never said there is a Jewish conspiracy, you implied I believe that.

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »

Really?

My problem with Bro. Nathanael is not so much what he says, but how he presents it.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »

Really?

My problem with Bro. Nathanael is not so much what he says, but how he presents it.

I'm sorry I didn't make my position clear. I don't know if there is a "Jewish conspiracy" or not; what I was saying was that much of what he says about Judaism seems factual based on what I learned of the religion while growing up.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »

Really?

I'm sorry I didn't make my position clear. I don't know if there is a "Jewish conspiracy" or not; what I was saying was that much of what he says about Judaism seems factual based on what I learned of the religion while growing up.

Really..?

I've been watching his videos..They seem entirely about a Global Jewish Conspiracy with few exceptions..The usual Nut Job stuff about Banking and Jewish Media Blah blah blah...  All conspiracy stuff which you said rang true with you.

Perhaps you should step away from all this and take a breath.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »

^ Seconded.

Let's hypothetically assume that Br. Nathanael's assertions are correct (which very few authorities on these subjects believe).  Does anyone think he's actually presenting his case in a responsible, persuasive way?  Instead, I'm inclined to believe that he's doing a fine job of embarrassing Orthodox Christianity.

He may be a great person; I don't know, but I cringe seeing him (or anyone really) present his "case" in that way.  He's not a monk, he should not be wearing monastic clothing and claiming to be one.  He comes off to most as a caricature of a loony, "Orthodox," conspiracy oriented oddball. 

So if the man doesn't agree with the mainstream ideas the media shoves down our throats he's "loony"? Wow, that's exactly what Al CIAda would say!  Roll Eyes

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »

Its true that Jews often use the "mental illness" charge, esp. when a Jew converts to Christianity. I've noticed that quite a bit. The reason for this is because in modern times, most Jews cannot understand why another Jew would become a Christian. In the "old days", they often did it to better their employment situation, their standing in (European) society, to avoid persecution, and so forth.

But in modern times, when Jews are not persecuted as they were in times past, a Jew cannot understand why another Jew would do it, if (as they see it) he has nothing monetary to gain by it. Hence, the "mental illness" charge. They simply cannot for a moment think that perhaps a Jew has decided---in sincerity--to accept Christ.

Hello...Earth to Xenia.

I'm a Jew who converted to Christianity...Try to keep up dear.

If you have been getting lots of suggestions to get some help, your conversion may not be the only issue.
Actually, no one has suggested I have mental issues, but then, I have not yet told anyone I know who is Jewish that I am converting to Orthodoxy. I'm sure if I told them, they would start making that accusation. Its very common when Jews seek to become Christians. Either that, or they claim the person in question "was Jewishly uneducated anyway" (something they cannot say about me.)

Incidentally, are you certain you have become a Christian? Your attitude to me is very much like that of a secular Jew....snide, cocky and sarcastic. Why is that? I don't appreciate your "earth to Xenia" attitude, or your "do try to keep up, dear" comments.

So let me try to understand. You are not actually an Orthodox Christian. Okay, good luck with that. So no one has actually accused you of being Crazy for converting because you have not really converted yet.. Your just speculating on the reaction.. I see.

Yes, I am baptized and alter serve and I am the Warden of my Parish.

Yes, the snide, snarky stuff is definitely borne of my personal style. I also have a low tolerance for fools...

I think you mean "I have a low tolerance for people who don't agree with me." lol

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »

He continually exposes and denounces the plans and actions of Jewry worldwide. This is by no means specific to him. Multitudes of Athonite monks have spoke in similar ways (Elder Paisios, Elder Joseph of Vatopedi, etc.).

Statements by Elder Pasios that villify Jews in general, as Xenia and Brother Nathanael often do, are 1) hard to authenticate, and 2) would not automatically be right simply because they were uttered by an Athonite elder.

Meanwhile, bishops under whose authority I have been, and with whom you are in communion, have spoken against such conspiracy thinking. Now, if you want to find some True Genuine Old Calendarist 100% Authentic Orthodox Church just to be free from the Jewish conspiracy you see everywhere, that's your choice.

Funny how just when Saint Iaint was muted after long complaints, someone steps up to take his place. Have you noticed how the clergy on this board doesn't ever lend support to such hyperbolic claims?

I challenge anyone to show an instance where Br. Nathanael has spoken contrary to Orthodoxy.

Soliciting donations for a religious ministry without the permission of one's bishop is certainly contrary to Orthodoxy. We've yet to see proof of Br. Nathanael's good standing with his bishop.

Wow CRCuliver, do you ever listen to yourself speak mate? You've contradicted yourself...

Also, I love how you think you are so high and mighty that you think you can tell this man his beliefs are crazy, just because he doesn't agree with you. You are acting like a certain schismatic 1054 bishop...

Forgive my sins.
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »

Also, Michał Kalina stated that Br. Nathanael is not a monk.

Here from Br. Nathanael:

I started my monastic “communal” career in a Greek Orthodox Monastery at the age of 46 in 1996 until 2005 when Christ called me into a public ministry.

But I still maintain a monastic life complete with a prayer rule as assigned to me by my Superiors which includes fasting, a one-meal-a-day Vegan diet, 2 hours of the Jesus Prayer daily, prostrations and Spiritual reading (no Television viewing.)

I believe he refers to himself now as "a monk in the world".

He's a member of the ROCOR.

So you mean he was expelled from his HOCNA monastery and he is now an ex-monk?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »

Really?

Really..?

I've been watching his videos..They seem entirely about a Global Jewish Conspiracy with few exceptions..The usual Nut Job stuff about Banking and Jewish Media Blah blah blah...  All conspiracy stuff which you said rang true with you.

I had read his stories of how he converted from Judaism to Christianity, I had those more in mind.

Incidentally, you say you also (like me and Bro. Nathanael) are a Jew converted to Christianity. I notice it says ROCOR under your jurisdiction. I'd be very curious to hear your conversion story, esp. why you chose ROCOR. Was it before 2007 or after, btw?

Philoumenos
Wishes Jews Would Come to Christ

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »

Quote from: CRCulver

Luckily for us the Hindus don't control Congress, much of the mainstream media, run the Federal Reserve or loan our governments money created out of thin air. The Jews?

Do.

Also, Michał Kalina stated that Br. Nathanael is not a monk.

Here from Br. Nathanael:

I started my monastic “communal” career in a Greek Orthodox Monastery at the age of 46 in 1996 until 2005 when Christ called me into a public ministry.

But I still maintain a monastic life complete with a prayer rule as assigned to me by my Superiors which includes fasting, a one-meal-a-day Vegan diet, 2 hours of the Jesus Prayer daily, prostrations and Spiritual reading (no Television viewing.)

I believe he refers to himself now as "a monk in the world".

He's a member of the ROCOR.

So you mean he was expelled from his HOCNA monastery and he is now an ex-monk?

Is that what I wrote? They are Br. Nathanael's words. Not mine.

He meant exactly what you read:

"(He) still maintain(s) a monastic life complete with a prayer rule as assigned to (him) by (his) Superiors..."

Do you have something to say other than vague allusory statements; putting words in my mouth?

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2011, 10:16:53 PM »

Luckily for us the Hindus don't control Congress, much of the mainstream media, run the Federal Reserve or loan our governments money created out of thin air. The Jews?

Do.

"The Jews?" At the most you could only suggest "some Jews (and not most others)"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:17:08 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »

Do.

"The Jews?" At the most you could only suggest "some Jews (and not most others)"

I've heard some use the term "organized Jewry", but I'm not what they mean by that? Organized secular Jewry, as in Bnai Brith, ADL, etc? Or Organized religious Jewry, as in Chabad Lubavitch, etc?

Philoumenos

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »

Do.

So I can say, "The Hindus" - no problem. Matter of fact ANY other group I can identify as belonging to a specific group...

But "The Jews" I can't say? I don't accept that.

I don't see anyone calling for such a distinction when they go on (foolishly) about "The Ruling White Class" or Black slavery.

I am not a member of the "Ruling White Class" and neither were any of my ancestors.

I had nothing to do with the practice of Black slavery and my forefathers were not slave owners.

Yet I'm expected to atone for these things somehow and actively speak out against them to disassociate & vindicate myself.

No more double-standards.

Quote from: Xenia1918
I've heard some use the term "organized Jewry", but I'm not (sure) what they mean by that?

It means that (a good portion at least) consider themselves to be "Jews" first and foremost regardless of where they are, rather than "French" or "British" or "European" or "African" or any other nationality.

Here's a good example of "Organized Jewry" (falsely calling themselves "Israel") at work:

"Jews of All the World Unite"...

What if we saw a headline that read: "Whites of All the World Unite"?

No one needs to answer that. We already know.

No more double-standards.

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »

Philoumenos, Excellent observation and post (re: no more double standards.) If generalization is wrong for one group, its wrong for all. Likewise, if its acceptable for one, its acceptable for all.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:25:31 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »

Isn't it kind of funny that all these anti-Semites pop up around the time that SaintIaint gets muted?  Undecided

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Philoumenos

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2011, 11:45:50 PM »

Isn't it kind of funny that all these anti-Semites pop up around the time that SaintIaint gets muted?  Undecided

We're antisemites (one word) as much as you are anti-White.

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2011, 01:46:19 AM »

Well, "vilification" of the Jews stretches a bit further than modern day Athonite monks. Have you read what St. John Chrysostom said concerning the Jewish people? St. Basil? St. Gregory of Nyssa? Criticizing Jews for their anti-Christ actions (both past and present) has a long and established history within the Church. Those Athonite elders have done nothing but carry on the understanding passed down to them, and with this understanding, explained current events.

Meanwhile, bishops under whose authority I have been, and with whom you are in communion, have spoken against such conspiracy thinking. Now, if you want to find some True Genuine Old Calendarist 100% Authentic Orthodox Church just to be free from the Jewish conspiracy you see everywhere, that's your choice
Sure, and there are holy bishops who speak out against International Jewry (Here is one, for example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DYeAv2vSIU). Merely because a bishop says something, doesn't in any way imply that we should believe it. We must compare his words to tradition and determine their Orthodoxy.

I actually miss Saint Iaint, he was certainly one of the most thought-provoking and intellectual members of the board.

As far as the lack of support pertaining to such views, it doesn't surprise me. The prevailing character of most posters seems to be somewhere between following tradition and ecumenism. In light of the liberal streak present in a good portion of the members, I wouldn't anticipate support of everything our monks say, especially the views that make us unpopular to society.

Firstly, how do you know he does not have the blessing of his bishop?

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »

I actually miss Saint Iaint, he was certainly one of the most thought-provoking and intellectual members of the board.

The second portion of your statement [in bold] is ridiculous and does you no favor.  Posting regurgitated, provocative internet arguments in different colored font does not make an intellectual. 

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Jharek Carnelian

Faith: Less than perfect Catholic. Married to member of ROC

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2011, 05:50:46 AM »

Philoumenos, Excellent observation and post (re: no more double standards.) If generalization is wrong for one group, its wrong for all. Likewise, if its acceptable for one, its acceptable for all.

Oh the irony......

And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.

'The Wayfarer' Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2011, 07:20:35 AM »

Well, "vilification" of the Jews stretches a bit further than modern day Athonite monks. Have you read what St. John Chrysostom said concerning the Jewish people? St. Basil? St. Gregory of Nyssa? Criticizing Jews for their anti-Christ actions (both past and present) has a long and established history within the Church. Those Athonite elders have done nothing but carry on the understanding passed down to them, and with this understanding, explained current events.

Meanwhile, bishops under whose authority I have been, and with whom you are in communion, have spoken against such conspiracy thinking. Now, if you want to find some True Genuine Old Calendarist 100% Authentic Orthodox Church just to be free from the Jewish conspiracy you see everywhere, that's your choice
Sure, and there are holy bishops who speak out against International Jewry (Here is one, for example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DYeAv2vSIU). Merely because a bishop says something, doesn't in any way imply that we should believe it. We must compare his words to tradition and determine their Orthodoxy.

As far as the lack of support pertaining to such views, it doesn't surprise me. The prevailing character of most posters seems to be somewhere between following tradition and ecumenism. In light of the liberal streak present in a good portion of the members, I wouldn't anticipate support of everything our monks say, especially the views that make us unpopular to society.

Firstly, how do you know he does not have the blessing of his bishop?

I'm new here, so I don't know who "Saint I Ain't" is, is he gone or just censored?

Liberalism and politically correct thought police have, unfortunately, invaded mostly all religions by now. How do you think I ended up interested in the Orthodox Church? The liberals basically destroyed the Roman Catholic Church. About the only religions they have not infected are Orthodox Judaism and Shiite Islam.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »

Really..?

Marc, have you ever read a little book by the name of the TALMUD? Because if a group followed that book, than why wouldn't they want to enslave gentiles or any of these "Nut Job" theories?

I'm also going to go ahead and point out that I love how you Zionist supporters always pull the "if you are really jewish" card. If I pulled the "How do we know you're really a Christian?" card you would call me insane. I smell a Double-Standard.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »

Do.

I've heard some use the term "organized Jewry", but I'm not what they mean by that? Organized secular Jewry, as in Bnai Brith, ADL, etc? Or Organized religious Jewry, as in Chabad Lubavitch, etc?

Organized Secular Jewry.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »

So unless you think Jewish people have some kind of God given genetics that make them do no wrong, you are an anti-semite?

You do understand every group of people can do (and they all do) bad things. We aren't saying the Jews are the only race or group of people that do bad. But anytime you point out a Jew for anything (Stealing a cookie from the cookie jar, robbing a bank, NWO) you are labelled as an anti semite. So would I be anti-white if I said a group of white people were doing it? (JTLYK if you say no, you ruin your argument).

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »

Poor Jews, here you can have the land my ancestors come from. It's all yours! I'm sorry the holocaust happened, even if my ancestors took no part...

Forgive my sins.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »

So unless you think Jewish people have some kind of God given genetics that make them do no wrong, you are an anti-semite?

Right, that's exactly what I'm arguing.  Cheesy

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Philoumenos

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »

Really..?

Marc, have you ever read a little book by the name of the TALMUD? Because if a group followed that book, than why wouldn't they want to enslave gentiles or any of these "Nut Job" theories?

I'm also going to go ahead and point out that I love how you Zionist supporters always pull the "if you are really jewish" card. If I pulled the "How do we know you're really a Christian?" card you would call me insane. I smell a Double-Standard.

Don't mind him CelticFan.

He's just an Anti-Goyimite!

Anti-semite? What about anti-goyimite?

Introducing The Hoffman Center for the Study of Anti-Goyimism

Turning the Tables

I have never been interested in being confined to a category or placed on the defensive.  As far as categories go, I have always sought to turn the tables by thinking completely outside the box and crafting a new epistemology. Toward that end I coined the term "Judaic" to replace the appellation "Jew" as a description of rabbis and Zionists who lay claim to an awe-inspiring self-description with little or no evidence to substantiate their presumption.

Judaism offers race-based divinity to those of whom it is said are the descendants of the Old Testament patriarchs. We see echoes of this in Judeo-Churchianity, where the insinuation that “Jews” are saved by their racial prestige is a powerful undercurrent.

Continued: http://revisionistreview.blogspot.com/2011/07/anti-semite-what-about-anti-goyimite.html

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »

OK, time for me to be the little boy who sees that the Emperor is naked.... Cheesy

The reason why so many today bend over backward to sound pro-Jewish (and pro-black), is because they have a dread fear of being thought "racist" or "antisemitic". Apparently, there is nothing worse one can be called....personally I'd rather be called one of those rather than "pedophile", "rapist" or "murderer", but that's just me I guess.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2011, 07:30:50 PM »

^ Seconded.

Let's hypothetically assume that Br. Nathanael's assertions are correct (which very few authorities on these subjects believe).  Does anyone think he's actually presenting his case in a responsible, persuasive way?  Instead, I'm inclined to believe that he's doing a fine job of embarrassing Orthodox Christianity.

He may be a great person; I don't know, but I cringe seeing him (or anyone really) present his "case" in that way.  He's not a monk, he should not be wearing monastic clothing and claiming to be one.  He comes off to most as a caricature of a loony, "Orthodox," conspiracy oriented oddball. 

So if the man doesn't agree with the mainstream ideas the media shoves down our throats he's "loony"? Wow, that's exactly what Al CIAda would say!  Roll Eyes

No, I think if someone dresses up like a monk and shouts things at random people, that is usually described as loony.  "Al CIAda"?  Grin
Continue to have fun with the internet, kid.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »

OK, time for me to be the little boy who sees that the Emperor is naked.... Cheesy

The reason why so many today bend over backward to sound pro-Jewish (and pro-black), is because they have a dread fear of being thought "racist" or "antisemitic". Apparently, there is nothing worse one can be called....personally I'd rather be called one of those rather than "pedophile", "rapist" or "murderer", but that's just me I guess.

The only facts we know so far is that you're not actually a Christian and he is not actually a Monk.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »

The only facts we know so far is that you're not actually a Christian and he is not actually a Monk.

And if you're actually a Christian, why are you lying? What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:03:29 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2011, 03:19:48 AM »

And if you're actually a Christian, why are you lying?
By definition, one can only lie about that which one knows to be true. He can be lying about what he knows to be a fact by stating that he knows more than he really does, but if he doesn't really know whether you're Christian or not, he isn't really lying by stating that you're not, for he simply doesn't know for certain. Again, lying is the act of telling someone the opposite of what the liar knows with certainty to be true. To accuse him of lying is to assert that you know what he knows to be true--in this case, to assert that you know that he knows without a doubt that you are a Christian yet would try to deceive us into believing you aren't. Are you ready to argue that you can read his mind with such certainty as to know exactly what he knows?

What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.
You're not really helping your cause any by launching your own defensive attack against Marc like this. I advise you then to just leave him alone.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:26:07 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2011, 05:10:01 AM »

Poor Jews, here you can have the land my ancestors come from. It's all yours! I'm sorry the holocaust happened, even if my ancestors took no part...

LOL!

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »

You do understand every group of people can do (and they all do) bad things. We aren't saying the Jews are the only race or group of people that do bad. But anytime you point out a Jew for anything (Stealing a cookie from the cookie jar, robbing a bank, NWO) you are labelled as an anti semite. So would I be anti-white if I said a group of white people were doing it? (JTLYK if you say no, you ruin your argument).

Do we regularly hear on this forum about any other group organising the New World Order? Just asking......

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

Jharek Carnelian

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »

The

The middle ground is feeling lonely as it is visited so little...

These will pass,
Sorrowful.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »

And if you're actually a Christian, why are you lying? What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.

Oh okay..... I didnt catch the part that you're Roman Catholic..That counts. 

I've already recently posted my conversion story. I have nothing more to add. It's not all that interesting.. Click on my profile and go down the list a couple of weeks..

Btw. when a Jew converts to Christianity it's not a requirement that you become Antisemitic.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »

Right, that's exactly what I'm arguing.  Cheesy

Shocked Lips Sealed

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2011, 05:45:50 PM »

Pretty truthful article.  Cool

Forgive my sins.
Tags: Jews anti-Semitism