OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 03:35:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 17867 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #495 on: July 27, 2011, 01:43:40 AM »

("okay, the Jews are powerful, but I'm pretty sure they don't own my local 7-11").

The only fight they lost to the Palestinians. //:=)

But they do own your local 9-11!  Click this link here for proof that the eevil j00s caused nine eleven.

There is no link! They must have erased it already through their powerful control and manipulation of the internets!

Oh nos!  The j00s haxxor'd my account!

This is the only worthwhile piece of this entire thread.

Well done gentlemen.

EDIT: I was also including ME, in case you missed that.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #496 on: July 27, 2011, 01:46:37 AM »

("okay, the Jews are powerful, but I'm pretty sure they don't own my local 7-11").

The only fight they lost to the Palestinians. //:=)

But they do own your local 9-11!  Click this link here for proof that the eevil j00s caused nine eleven.

There is no link! They must have erased it already through their powerful control and manipulation of the internets!

Oh nos!  The j00s haxxor'd my account!

This is the only worthwhile piece of this entire thread.

Well done gentlemen.

EDIT: I was also including ME, in case you missed that.

Obviously the thread must have great merit since the mods haven't locked it. Or so saith Peter.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #497 on: July 27, 2011, 10:49:20 AM »

Why don't you define anti-Semitism for us, Marc?

Anti-Semitism = Not agreeing with everything Jews say and do.  police

Anti-Semitism = Not agreeing with everything Jews say and do.

For whomever it was who asked earlier for a definition, you can pretty much sniff out a bigot when you run into one Smiley

so...this is now getting tiresome and useless. If anyone has anything substantial to add I may respond. But I'm pretty much done with this thread which at this point is only energizing people whom really should just be ignored.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:52:01 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Jonathan Gress
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« Reply #498 on: July 27, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »

For whomever it was who asked earlier for a definition, you can pretty much sniff out a bigot when you run into one Smiley

so...this is now getting tiresome and useless. If anyone has anything substantial to add I may respond. But I'm pretty much done with this thread which at this point is only energizing people whom really should just be ignored.

So it's just an emotional reaction for you, then?
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #499 on: July 27, 2011, 11:24:54 AM »

Said by a friend of mine, but very true here also:

Defining "antisemitism" is about as easy as defining who is a Jew.  Is Jewishness a religion? A culture? An ethnicity?  Yes, all of those things capture part of Jewishness but none is complete.  This makes it easy to level a charge of anti-semitism (read "anti-Jew"), because the definition of Jew is so nebulous.  The term "antisemitism" is merely a weapon, largely devoid of specific meaning, a tool to silence criticism of a politically, culturally, and economically influential minority.

Is it anti-Semitic to deny the salvific power of the modern Jewish religion?  If yes, then Traditional Roman Catholics and Orthodox are anti-Semitic.  Is it anti-Semitic to observe that Jews, whether religious or secular often pursue political goals at odds with the interests of the Church and Christian culture?  If yes, then many Christians are anti-Semitic.  Does this mean all traditional Christians keep their pitchforks and/or jackboots handy for convenient pogrom purposes?  I don't think so.  But this is not what those who use the term "anti-semitism" would have you believe. Those labeled with the term are supposed to be the merest step away from unleashing Holocaust II.  This kind of thinking would be called hysteria under other circumstances, but is largely left unchallenged because of the enormous stigma attached to even questioning the use of the term.  It's not about describing truth, it's about power: keeping it and keeping it away from historical opponents.

It's probably about the level of obsession.  I don't think anyone here other than some of our posters who are currently practicing Jews would say that their religion is the path to salvation.  That might border on apostasy.  Likewise I don't think people who disagree with the State of Israel could be considered anti-Semetic.  Sure there are some who say anyone who disagrees with Israel are anti-Semetic but these people are frothing lunatics who most rational people won't take seriously.  Heck, there are some Jews who disagree with the things the Israeli state does.  But if someone goes on and on about Jewish plots to overthrow the world...  It gets a bit weird eventually.

I agree with you, to a point. The one thing I can't understand is the obsession with Jews=bankers. I know many Jews are in the banking business, but from what I recall most bankers/rich people were Gentiles, such as the Carnegies and the Mellons. My family (Jewish) was very poor, as were most Jews I grew up around, so I know its not any of us! But I have an open mind, and maybe its something I just have not stumbled upon yet in my research and reading, who knows? I should probably research it, because, after all, as they say, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

When a person newly discovers something, and it blows their mind so to speak, they seem to develope a strong desire to tell everyone about it. How many of us have encountered new bornagain evangelicals, who just HAVE to tell everyone what they have found out?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:26:53 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #500 on: July 27, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »

Defining "antisemitism" is about as easy as defining who is a Jew.  Is Jewishness a religion? A culture? An ethnicity?  Yes, all of those things capture part of Jewishness but none is complete.  This makes it easy to level a charge of anti-semitism (read "anti-Jew"), because the definition of Jew is so nebulous.  The term "antisemitism" is merely a weapon, largely devoid of specific meaning, a tool to silence criticism of a politically, culturally, and economically influential minority.

Is it anti-Semitic to deny the salvific power of the modern Jewish religion?  If yes, then Traditional Roman Catholics and Orthodox are anti-Semitic.  Is it anti-Semitic to observe that Jews, whether religious or secular often pursue political goals at odds with the interests of the Church and Christian culture?  If yes, then many Christians are anti-Semitic.  Does this mean all traditional Christians keep their pitchforks and/or jackboots handy for convenient pogrom purposes?  I don't think so.  But this is not what those who use the term "anti-semitism" would have you believe. Those labeled with the term are supposed to be the merest step away from unleashing Holocaust II.  This kind of thinking would be called hysteria under other circumstances, but is largely left unchallenged because of the enormous stigma attached to even questioning the use of the term.  It's not about describing truth, it's about power: keeping it and keeping it away from historical opponents.

It's probably about the level of obsession.  I don't think anyone here other than some of our posters who are currently practicing Jews would say that their religion is the path to salvation.  That might border on apostasy.  Likewise I don't think people who disagree with the State of Israel could be considered anti-Semetic.  Sure there are some who say anyone who disagrees with Israel are anti-Semetic but these people are frothing lunatics who most rational people won't take seriously.  Heck, there are some Jews who disagree with the things the Israeli state does.  But if someone goes on and on about Jewish plots to overthrow the world...  It gets a bit weird eventually.

I agree with you, to a point. The one thing I can't understand is the obsession with Jews=bankers. I know many Jews are in the banking business, but from what I recall most bankers/rich people were Gentiles, such as the Carnegies and the Mellons. My family (Jewish) was very poor, as were most Jews I grew up around, so I know its not any of us! But I have an open mind, and maybe its something I just have not stumbled upon yet in my research and reading, who knows? I should probably research it, because, after all, as they say, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

When a person newly discovers something, and it blows their mind so to speak, they seem to develope a strong desire to tell everyone about it. How many of us have encountered new bornagain evangelicals, who just HAVE to tell everyone what they have found out?

These born again evangelicals tend to look a bit odd to those around them.

Where there is smoke there often is fire (sometimes dry ice, but that's not really smoke...).  The problem is, how do you track Jews?  Is there a Jewometer?  The Jews = Bankers comes from history.  In the Middle Ages charging interest was considered usury.  But the "Christian" kings and nobles of Europe needed money so they could kill the Moselms (or each other when they got bored).  The Jews were able to charge interest and therefore able to make loans profitably.  Whether or not there are Jews in control of most of the world financial industry is up for debate, but I can almost assuredly tell you that the majority of Jewish individuals are not running banks...or perhaps you and a friend of mine from high school were the only Jews left out!  Wink  I did work at a bank and the majority of the upper echelons were WASPs with a number of Indians mixed in.  If there were any Jews there, other than the head of security - a good friend of my family's - they must have had some pretty good Jewoflauge since I never noticed them.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #501 on: July 27, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »

Where there is smoke there often is fire (sometimes dry ice, but that's not really smoke...).  The problem is, how do you track Jews?  Is there a Jewometer?  The Jews = Bankers comes from history.  In the Middle Ages charging interest was considered usury.  But the "Christian" kings and nobles of Europe needed money so they could kill the Moselms (or each other when they got bored).  The Jews were able to charge interest and therefore able to make loans profitably.  Whether or not there are Jews in control of most of the world financial industry is up for debate, but I can almost assuredly tell you that the majority of Jewish individuals are not running banks...or perhaps you and a friend of mine from high school were the only Jews left out!  Wink  I did work at a bank and the majority of the upper echelons were WASPs with a number of Indians mixed in.  If there were any Jews there, other than the head of security - a good friend of my family's - they must have had some pretty good Jewoflauge since I never noticed them.

I agree....the only occupation Jews were permitted in the Middle Ages in the West was that of moneylender, since Roman Catholics applied the Old Testament laws against usury now to themselves  (as New Israel?), and Catholics were forbidden to lend on interest to each other, which is why the Jews were given that task (Jews were prohibited from joining the Guilds, too). And they became good at it, so they were penalized for becoming good at the only thing they were permitted to do. On the day they were handing out the "How we Jews can Control the Banks" booklets, my family must have been away somewhere....my great grandfather was a blacksmith in Russia, my zayde (grandfather) was a fruit peddler here in America, and my father graduated a trade school to become a commercial artist. Not a single Jew in the Orthodox Jewish community I grew up in, as far as anyone knew, even attended college. The Talmud says that a father who does not teach his son a trade may as well have taught him to steal. So Orthodox Jews in the old days (less so now) tended to frown upon college and favor trade schools. Its still that way in the most Orthodox Jewish communities. I never knew a single rich Jew when I was growing up, much less a banker. We were all cops, firemen, plumbers, electricians, shop owners, etc
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:09:49 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #502 on: July 27, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »

He has no real response because he throws around the term anti-Semitic as I defined it.  police

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #503 on: July 27, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »

That's your problem *sigh* if I don't agree with them in every avenue I'm a bigot to you. I don't have anything against Jewish people or their culture, I've never discriminated against Jews. So you calling me a bigot is down right absurd and ridiculous.

You (along with many others) should go look up the real definition of anti-semitism before you throw that term around, that's all I'm saying.

Forgive my sins.
jah777
OC.net guru

« Reply #504 on: July 27, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »

Fr. Thomas Soroka has recently posted a podcast of an homily of his entitled "True Jews" that I though might be of interest to some in this thread:

http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/sermonsatstnicholas/true_jews_romans_101_10

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #505 on: July 27, 2011, 01:57:11 PM »

Marc, while you and I certainly do not agree on Zionism, I really do think it is pointless to keep responding to never-ending obviously anti-Jewish comments, besides perhaps a post you just repost.

It really is a cut and paste argument here.

Or try to get a laugh of it all. Ain't like you are going to change anyone's mind, but a couple posts to let others know not everyone here harbors ridiculous ideas about Jews as such.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #506 on: July 27, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »

So Orthodox Jews in the old days (less so now) tended to frown upon college and favor trade schools.

More in this country should be doing the same, for the very reasons that followed your quote that I accidently cut off and a myriad of other reasons.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #507 on: July 27, 2011, 02:16:14 PM »

My thought for the day. Jews have received about 20% of the Nobel prizes that have been awarded, which is an insanely disproportionate number. So the next time you feel like going on a rant about how the Jews control this or that, just remember: it's not that they're greedy or manipulative, it's just that you're dumb.

Wink

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #508 on: July 27, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

So Orthodox Jews in the old days (less so now) tended to frown upon college and favor trade schools.

More in this country should be doing the same, for the very reasons that followed your quote that I accidently cut off and a myriad of other reasons.

I could ramble on and on and on about this...but I will save it for a better time.  The two things I was tossing around when I went into college were whether I should go into History or Welding.  I am glad I did get the degree in history, I learned a lot.  But I would probably be far better off financially if I had went into the welding classes and became a steam fitter.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #509 on: July 27, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »

My thought for the day. Jews have received about 20% of the Nobel prizes that have been awarded, which is an insanely disproportionate number. So the next time you feel like going on a rant about how the Jews control this or that, just remember: it's not that they're greedy or manipulative, it's just that you're dumb.

Wink

No, the Nobel Prize has been rigged forever.  See, Alfred Nobel was a j00.  I know this because if you read the Torah backwards it tells you how to make dynamite...

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #510 on: July 27, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »

Wink

Haha!  Grin But remember too what it says in Scripture that "professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" (referring to those who are so much into intellectualism that they forget God.) It is true that many Jews are highly educated and have high incomes, but what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his soul, eh?

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #511 on: July 27, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »

Wink

No, the Nobel Prize has been rigged forever.  See, Alfred Nobel was a j00.  I know this because if you read the Torah backwards it tells you how to make dynamite...

You are doing good work lately. Keep it up.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #512 on: July 27, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »

I could ramble on and on and on about this...but I will save it for a better time.  The two things I was tossing around when I went into college were whether I should go into History or Welding.  I am glad I did get the degree in history, I learned a lot.  But I would probably be far better off financially if I had went into the welding classes and became a steam fitter.

My sentiments exactly. I think college is vastly overrated. My mother (of blessed memory) used to refer to college grads as "educated idiots"! (no offense meant, not by me anyway)

CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #513 on: July 27, 2011, 02:41:08 PM »

This thread has seriously gotten to a ridiculous point.

Trade schools are worse than college? Yup all my college graduated friends have great jobs, no debt, work history, and a great future ahead of them  Roll Eyes

Having a college diploma is as much a measure of someone's hireability as a peace prize is proof of one's worthiness to win it.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #514 on: July 27, 2011, 02:44:21 PM »

Trade schools are worse than college? Yup all my college graduated friends have great jobs, no debt, work history, and a great future ahead of them  Roll Eyes

Having a college diploma is as much a measure of someone's hireability as a peace prize is proof of one's worthiness to win it.

Actually it has gotten to a good and legitimate point about the American Higher Education Industry and the impact it has and is having on our economy.

CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #515 on: July 27, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »

Actually it has gotten to a good and legitimate point about the American Higher Education Industry and the impact it has and is having on our economy.

I'm reading that as sarcasm  Smiley

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #516 on: July 27, 2011, 02:49:22 PM »

Who said trade schools are worse than college? I think what some of us are saying is that its better.

CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #517 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »

I took orthonorm's #506 as sarcasm as well. You never know with that fellow.

None the less I'm having trouble seeing the fruit this thread has produced. But I also have been barely reading it so ....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:53:09 PM by CBGardner » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #518 on: July 27, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »

None the less I'm having trouble seeing the fruit this thread has produced. But I also have been barely reading it so ....

I don't think he is being sarcastic.  I think you might be reading wrong.  Your post #513 is on the same line that I believe orthonorm, xenia1918, and I are on.

CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #519 on: July 27, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »

I don't think he is being sarcastic.  I think you might be reading wrong.  Your post #513 is on the same line that I believe orthonorm, xenia1918, and I are on.

You're probably right. I've been known to have the market corner on ignorance.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #520 on: July 27, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »

I'm reading that as sarcasm  Smiley

I would have added my new emoticon since the Fuehrer was killed: //:=).  //:=)

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #521 on: July 27, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »

Marc, while you and I certainly do not agree on Zionism, I really do think it is pointless to keep responding to never-ending obviously anti-Jewish comments, besides perhaps a post you just repost.

It really is a cut and paste argument here.

Or try to get a laugh of it all. Ain't like you are going to change anyone's mind, but a couple posts to let others know not everyone here harbors ridiculous ideas about Jews as such.

The fact that I think all people are equal is a ridiculous idea?  Roll Eyes Because that's all I am saying.

Forgive my sins.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #522 on: July 27, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »

The term Antisemitic in common parlance, understood nearly universally, indicates a person or a statement or doctrine that is prejudiced against Jews. In the case of a person, a bigot.

All the fluff and blather about how other groups of people are also Semites does not alter how the term is understood by nearly everyone.

www.dictionary.com
an·ti-Sem·ite
   
noun: a person who discriminates against or is prejudiced or hostile toward Jews

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:04:43 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

GJason

Faith: Roman Catholic becoming Orthodox

« Reply #523 on: July 27, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »

Anti Semites badly need to either neuter or get rid of the term Anti Semite.  They hope that without it they will earn a spot at the table of civil discourse. Once most people see that someone is Anti Semetic it often follows that they are not taken seriously or are considered a piriah.

It's the Jews' term and it's the Jews that throw it around willy-nilly, so it's them that need to get rid of it. It's used primarily to stifle discussion. But you're right it is a ridiculous term.

Once most (unaware) people perceive that someone is "antisemitic" (many times erroneously) then they carry a stigma, and that's why they aren't paid heed. But it's a false stigma 99% of the time as Xenia has so eloquently demonstrated above.

Am I "antisemitic"? Many people would say so I think... but is it actually true? Depends on your definition.

If "antisemites" wish to hunt down and harm or kill Jews - then I certainly AM NOT an "antisemite"!

But if an "antisemite" believes these things:

- Jews are not 'God's Chosen People'... the Church is. God has not abandoned those who He foreknew. They are free to become part of His Church just like everyone else.

- Judaism is anti-Christian, and does not lead to life and salvation - but to death and destruction moreso than other "religions" because they have the Old Testament writings which foretold Christ's coming and His incarnation.

Then I am an "antisemite."

But I am an "antisemite" with truth on my side. And names will never hurt me.

A World View dominated by bigotry, racism and religious hatred is certainly not the pinnacle of "Truth"... LOL

Good luck.

Please tell me where you see "bigotry, racism and religious hatred"?

Do you agree with the following?

- Jews are not 'God's Chosen People'... the Church is. God has not abandoned those who He foreknew. They are free to become part of His Church just like everyone else.

- Judaism is anti-Christian, and does not lead to life and salvation - but to death and destruction moreso than other "religions" because they have the Old Testament writings which foretold Christ's coming and His incarnation.

Or not?

Yet it doesn't stop you from ridiculing others who have a differing viewpoint. Have you considered the notion that you are "ignorant" with respect to this topic of discussion as well?

"Merely to hear the word of God saves no one and is instead a condemnation. After hearing, one must do." - Blessed Theophylact
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #524 on: July 27, 2011, 06:39:19 PM »

Yet it doesn't stop you from ridiculing others who have a differing viewpoint. Have you considered the notion that you are "ignorant" with respect to this topic of discussion as well?

Who did I ridicule? I'm confused. I made fun of the notion that college is somehow a ticket to a better life or that the Nobel Peace Prize means anything. You sound offended so I apologize, but as I've already stated I was ignorant to onorm's tone.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #525 on: July 27, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »

Anti-Semitism = Not agreeing with everything Jews say and do.  police

The term Antisemitic in common parlance, understood nearly universally, indicates a person or a statement or doctrine that is prejudiced against Jews. In the case of a person, a bigot.

All the fluff and blather about how other groups of people are also Semites does not alter how the term is understood by nearly everyone.

www.dictionary.com
an·ti-Sem·ite
   
noun: a person who discriminates against or is prejudiced or hostile toward Jews

So you know the definition, yet you still use it out of context?

Forgive my sins.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #526 on: July 27, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »

www.dictionary.com
an·ti-Sem·ite
   

Really? Doesn't seem so to me. It appears to me that my definition conforms with what is in all the dictionaries and yours can only be found on the very back end of the internet.. go figure.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #527 on: July 27, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »

www.dictionary.com
an·ti-Sem·ite
   

Really? Doesn't seem so to me. It appears to me that my definition conforms with what is in all the dictionaries and yours can only be found on the very back end of the internet.. go figure.

I was making a joke, I was giving the definition to how you use it.

I agree with the definition you presented, it is the true definition, now live by those words. Also, you might want to tell me how I am a bigot? Considering I do not and have never had a problem with Jews in any way, I have never been prejudice against them. So take back your comment, as I am as much a bigot as you.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #528 on: July 27, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »

Marc, you assume that because I'm anti-State of Israel I am prejudice against Jews...guess what I'm not. I am and never have been prejudice against any group of people for their race. But I do mind Zionism, whether it be a Christian, Jew, or what not preaching it.

What you are doing is profiling me as a bigot and an anti-semite because I don't straddle the fine-line of Marc's perfect view of the world.

Forgive my sins.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #529 on: July 27, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

Anti Semites badly need to either neuter or get rid of the term Anti Semite.  They hope that without it they will earn a spot at the table of civil discourse. Once most people see that someone is Anti Semetic it often follows that they are not taken seriously or are considered a piriah.

It's the Jews' term and it's the Jews that throw it around willy-nilly, so it's them that need to get rid of it. It's used primarily to stifle discussion. But you're right it is a ridiculous term.

Once most (unaware) people perceive that someone is "antisemitic" (many times erroneously) then they carry a stigma, and that's why they aren't paid heed. But it's a false stigma 99% of the time as Xenia has so eloquently demonstrated above.

Am I "antisemitic"? Many people would say so I think... but is it actually true? Depends on your definition.

If "antisemites" wish to hunt down and harm or kill Jews - then I certainly AM NOT an "antisemite"!

A World View dominated by bigotry, racism and religious hatred is certainly not the pinnacle of "Truth"... LOL

Good luck.

In your multiple links to white supremacist websites.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
GJason

« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2011, 10:44:12 PM »

Good luck.

I think you're confusing me with someone else. You're so far off base I'm not even sure if you know that there is a base.

"Merely to hear the word of God saves no one and is instead a condemnation. After hearing, one must do." - Blessed Theophylact
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #531 on: July 27, 2011, 11:21:13 PM »

Good luck.

And the things you have said.. But if you would like to stop all that nonsense and start fresh, that would be fine with me.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #532 on: July 28, 2011, 12:20:01 AM »

I think that's two very true statements. There is nothing even slightly anti-semitic or bigotry about it, he even meantions that Jews are free to become part of The Church as much as everyone else, i.e. he's saying everyone is equal.

Forgive my sins.
Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #533 on: July 28, 2011, 12:20:02 AM »

Good luck.

And the things you have said.. But if you would like to stop all that nonsense and start fresh, that would be fine with me.

GJason

« Reply #534 on: July 28, 2011, 12:57:03 AM »

Where there is smoke there often is fire (sometimes dry ice, but that's not really smoke...).  The problem is, how do you track Jews?  Is there a Jewometer?  The Jews = Bankers comes from history.  In the Middle Ages charging interest was considered usury.  But the "Christian" kings and nobles of Europe needed money so they could kill the Moselms (or each other when they got bored).  The Jews were able to charge interest and therefore able to make loans profitably.  Whether or not there are Jews in control of most of the world financial industry is up for debate, but I can almost assuredly tell you that the majority of Jewish individuals are not running banks...or perhaps you and a friend of mine from high school were the only Jews left out!  Wink  I did work at a bank and the majority of the upper echelons were WASPs with a number of Indians mixed in.  If there were any Jews there, other than the head of security - a good friend of my family's - they must have had some pretty good Jewoflauge since I never noticed them.

I agree....the only occupation Jews were permitted in the Middle Ages in the West was that of moneylender, since Roman Catholics applied the Old Testament laws against usury now to themselves  (as New Israel?), and Catholics were forbidden to lend on interest to each other, which is why the Jews were given that task (Jews were prohibited from joining the Guilds, too). And they became good at it, so they were penalized for becoming good at the only thing they were permitted to do. On the day they were handing out the "How we Jews can Control the Banks" booklets, my family must have been away somewhere....my great grandfather was a blacksmith in Russia, my zayde (grandfather) was a fruit peddler here in America, and my father graduated a trade school to become a commercial artist. Not a single Jew in the Orthodox Jewish community I grew up in, as far as anyone knew, even attended college. The Talmud says that a father who does not teach his son a trade may as well have taught him to steal. So Orthodox Jews in the old days (less so now) tended to frown upon college and favor trade schools. Its still that way in the most Orthodox Jewish communities. I never knew a single rich Jew when I was growing up, much less a banker. We were all cops, firemen, plumbers, electricians, shop owners, etc

Banking is a pyramid. It's the ones at the top, and only the ones at the top that actually control anything.

The rest of us just are just slaves to varying degrees.

25 reasons you should take issue with central bankers

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #535 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »

Its true that Judaism tends to be anti-Christian, and its also true that it does not lead to life and salvation....but to fully,dramatically appreciate those facts,  nothing can compare with having actually grown up in and lived the religion.

I was always a spiritual, contemplative type of child; I used to secretly wish Orthodox Judaism had nuns, because I would have run off to become one! I used to question the rabbis in our neighborhood, "Why do we do this?" and "Why do we do that?" and they would grumble, "You don't have to know, just do it" (which is actually based on the Talmud principle naaseh v'nishma, "we will do and we will hear", which the rabbis understand to mean that you do the mitzvah and only later might be able to understand why.

Anyway, I'm getting away from what I was trying to say, which is that for a contemplative child or person,seeking a personal experience and friendship with God, Orthodox Judaism (and non-Orthodox as well) is very much like a spiritual desert. I eventually sought what I was looking for in Jewish mysticism, but even there I found it was largely philosophy, not unlike some forms of Buddhism.

BTW I apologize for any typos; for some reason (and it only happens on this forum, nowhere else), whenever I try to edit for typos the screen jumps continuously which makes it hard to see what I am hoping to fix!)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:55:41 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #536 on: July 28, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »

Its true that Judaism tends to be anti-Christian, and its also true that it does not lead to life and salvation....but to fully,dramatically appreciate those facts,  nothing can compare with having actually grown up in and lived the religion.

I was always a spiritual, contemplative type of child; I used to secretly wish Orthodox Judaism had nuns, because I would have run off to become one! I used to question the rabbis in our neighborhood, "Why do we do this?" and "Why do we do that?" and they would grumble, "You don't have to know, just do it" (which is actually based on the Talmud principle naaseh v'nishma, "we will do and we will hear", which the rabbis understand to mean that you do the mitzvah and only later might be able to understand why.

Anyway, I'm getting away from what I was trying to say, which is that for a contemplative child or person,seeking a personal experience and friendship with God, Orthodox Judaism (and non-Orthodox as well) is very much like a spiritual desert. I eventually sought what I was looking for in Jewish mysticism, but even there I found it was largely philosophy, not unlike some forms of Buddhism.

BTW I apologize for any typos; for some reason (and it only happens on this forum, nowhere else), whenever I try to edit for typos the screen jumps continuously which makes it hard to see what I am hoping to fix!)
Are you using IE8?
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #537 on: July 28, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »

Are you using IE8?

OMG I have this problem too!

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #538 on: July 28, 2011, 01:19:13 PM »

Wow, Marc (who is Jesus Christ in his own mind) is giving you permission to start fresh!  police

Forgive my sins.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #539 on: July 28, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »

IE8 must be the problem then! Angry

Tags: Jews anti-Semitism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: