OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 09:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 16356 times) Average Rating: 0
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »

So Paul was wrong, as were the Prophets? Is that what you're saying?
I doubt that Paul never in his life made a mistake.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »

Jewish religious status was always defined as being born of Jewish parents, or having converted to Judaism.
Suppose that someone renounces his Jewish roots and asks for a Catholic burial, such as Bobby Fischer, for example. Is that person considered to be a Jew still according to your criteria?
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »

Jewish religious status was always defined as being born of Jewish parents, or having converted to Judaism.
Suppose that someone renounces his Jewish roots and asks for a Catholic burial, such as Bobby Fischer, for example. Is that person considered to be a Jew still according to your criteria?

Would someone who is a Jew still get beat up or rounded up if they have converted to another religion?

Most likely yes, IMHO. Of course it depends on who is doing the beating or rounding up. If it's "Christians" doing it they may cut you a break if you had converted to Christianity. But consider what would happen if you had converted to , let's say, Buddhism.

Clearly it's your Jewish heritage that counts more than anything else, though conversion is some cases may be mitigating.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:52:17 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »

A person can convert to Judaism and when they do, they join the Jewish people. This shows that being Jewish is not a race, but a people with its own religion (what is termed a religio-nation).

Black people, who do belong to a race, cannot decide to give up being black and join another race. Asian people, who do belong to a race, cannot decide to give up being Asian and join another race.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2011, 09:55:02 PM »

Its not my criteria, its what Jewish religious law says. According to that law, Bobby Fischer, if his mother was Jewish, is a Jew and cannot stop being one. A Jew who converts to another religion remains a Jew, he is just one in bad standing.

Its very much like a baptized Roman Catholic who joins another religion. If he decides to return to Roman Catholicism, he does not get re-baptized or re-confirmed, he just goes to confession and he's back in.

Judaism works the same way. A Jew who apostasizes, if he decides to return, does not have to "convert" back.

And what Marc said is true. To give one example, The Nazis rounded up and killed Jews who had become Christians. They even rounded up people who did not consider themselves Jews, but who had a Jewish grandparent (mischling, second degree), or two Jewish grandparents (mischling, first degree). The Nazis, being not only non-Christian but anti-Christian, didn't care one whit about baptismal certificates. They killed Edith Stein, a Jewish woman who had become Roman Catholic and a Carmelite nun; she didn't die because she was Catholic, but because she was born Jewish.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:59:00 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »

It's difficult to understand your poorly constructed sentence. Are you trying to be sarcastic? Are you saying that Paul and the Prophets did make a big mistake? It sounds like it.

Who are you again?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:59:27 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

theo philosopher
Elder

Jurisdiction: Self-Ruled Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »

A person can convert to Judaism and when they do, they join the Jewish people. This shows that being Jewish is not a race, but a people with its own religion (what is termed a religio-nation).

Black people, who do belong to a race, cannot decide to give up being black and join another race. Asian people, who do belong to a race, cannot decide to give up being Asian and join another race.

So you're saying that Paul and the prophets were wrong then. At least come out and admit that rather than being elusive. You're also admitting that the Jesus wasn't a Jew (Hebrews 7:14), that Paul wasn't a Jew (Romans 11:1), or many other established doctrines of Scripture and Tradition.

Please be bold enough to contradict both Scripture and Tradition rather than skirting the issue.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:05:57 PM by theo philosopher » Logged

“Wherefore, then, death approaches, gulps down the bait of the body, and is pierced by the hook of the divinity. Then, having tasted of the sinless and life-giving body, it is destroyed and gives up all those whom it had swallowed down of old." - St. John of Damascus
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »

It's difficult to understand your poorly constructed sentence. Are you trying to be sarcastic? Are you saying that Paul and the Prophets did make a big mistake? It sounds like it.

Who are you again?

No offense Marc, but can you ever ask someone a question WITHOUT making fun?

Forgive my sins.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »

Who are you again?

If I respect them.

stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2011, 12:19:49 AM »

Who are you again?
In the USA it sure looks like a whole lot of Eastern Orthodox Christian women think that St. Paul was wrong when he said that women should cover their heads when praying.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2011, 03:02:35 AM »

Who are you again?

If I respect them.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - Matthew 7:12

"Do to no one what you yourself dislike." -Tobit 4:15

Forgive my sins.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #461 on: July 24, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »

Who are you again?

If I respect them.

Sometimes when I'm acting really stupid, the best thing someone can do for me is mock me.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #462 on: July 24, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »

What i'm saying is that Jews as a people do not regard themselves as a race, and are in fact highly offended when others do (see my link). And since you are not a Jew, your view should not be held as representative of what most Jews feel.

theo philosopher
Elder

Jurisdiction: Self-Ruled Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #463 on: July 24, 2011, 09:21:53 AM »

What i'm saying is that Jews as a people do not regard themselves as a race, and are in fact highly offended when others do (see my link). And since you are not a Jew, your view should not be held as representative of what most Jews feel.

But Paul and the Prophets considered Jews (or Hebrews, or Israelites) as a race, as a people. I am a part of that people according to Paul's definition and the Prophets' definition.

So you're saying you take Jewish tradition over what Paul says and what the Prophets say? By your definition, Jesus was not a Jew. Is that what you're saying?

Essentially, you're holding onto Jewish tradition to the exclusion of Scripture.

(By the way, by Jewish tradition I am a Jew, so much so that I'm eligible for Israeli citizenship should I ever desire to become one).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:23:13 AM by theo philosopher » Logged

“Wherefore, then, death approaches, gulps down the bait of the body, and is pierced by the hook of the divinity. Then, having tasted of the sinless and life-giving body, it is destroyed and gives up all those whom it had swallowed down of old." - St. John of Damascus
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #464 on: July 24, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »

But Paul and the Prophets considered Jews (or Hebrews, or Israelites) as a race, as a people. I am a part of that people according to Paul's definition and the Prophets' definition.

So you're saying you take Jewish tradition over what Paul says and what the Prophets say? By your definition, Jesus was not a Jew. Is that what you're saying?

Essentially, you're holding onto Jewish tradition to the exclusion of Scripture.

(By the way, by Jewish tradition I am a Jew, so much so that I'm eligible for Israeli citizenship should I ever desire to become one).

Look, I am telling you what Jews think, by Jewish law. It would be HIGHLY offensive to mostly all modern Jews if you were to refer to them as a race. Heck, its offensive to ME, and I'm a Christian (albeit a Jew by birth)! There is a REASON WHY antisemites refer to Jews as a race, you know. For some odd reason, antisemites tend to refer to Jews as a "race", and they also refer to female Jews as "Jewesses"....not sure what that last one is all about, but every time I have had someone call me a "Jewess", they turned out to be a neonazi or other antisemite. Ditto for those who refer to me as a "Jew by race".

As for Israeli citizenship, you don't even need to have any Jewish ancestry to become an Israeli citizen by the Law of Return. All you need is to married to a Jew. Israeli secular law is not the same thing as Jewish religious law.

For example: Let's say a Gentile is married to a Jew. And they immigrate to Israel via the Law of Return as the spouse of a Jew. Once they are in Israel, then Orthodox Jewish law applies to them. This is how a Gentile (or someone who is not really Jewish but has some Jewish ancestry) can become a citizen, but not be allowed burial in a Jewish cemetery once there.

Oh, and another thing: to become an Israeli citizen by the Law of Return, its not enough to either have some Jewish ancestry or be married to a Jew. You also can't be a Jew who has joined another religion.

I'm not a zionist by any means, but I know about all of this because my brother-in-law works for the Israeli consulate in NY where my sister and he live. He said they have had a real problem with "messianic Jews" trying to  make aliyah, and he said most don't even have any Jewish ancestry anyway.

theo philosopher
Elder

« Reply #465 on: July 24, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »

Look, I am telling you what Jews think, by Jewish law. It would be HIGHLY offensive to mostly all modern Jews if you were to refer to them as a race. Heck, its offensive to ME, and I'm a Christian (albeit a Jew by birth)! There is a REASON WHY antisemites refer to Jews as a race, you know. For some odd reason, antisemites tend to refer to Jews as a "race", and they also refer to female Jews as "Jewesses"....not sure what that last one is all about, but every time I have had someone call me a "Jewess", they turned out to be a neonazi or other antisemite. Ditto for those who refer to me as a "Jew by race".

So Paul and the Prophets offend you?

You've done nothing to counter the Scriptural claims.

Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #466 on: July 24, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »

Are you a Jew then Xenia??
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #467 on: July 24, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »

Who are you again?

If I respect them.

Sometimes when I'm acting really stupid, the best thing someone can do for me is mock me.

That doesnt work for everyone.

Forgive my sins.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #468 on: July 24, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »

Who are you again?

If I respect them.

1. I didn't actually make fun of him. That was your take since you are apparently gunning for me.

2. I have in the past and will again in the future post a garbled sentence that is hard to understand.

3. Pointing out that his statement was nearly unintelligible and then guessing at what he meant is normal and proper discourse

4. His race baiting drew no criticism from you, only my comment about his poorly constructed sentence. Figures

5. "Who are you again ?" is an  oblique biblical reference that I guess went over your head.. Look it up or have someone else explain it to you.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:40:06 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #469 on: July 25, 2011, 12:23:43 AM »

I'm both Jewish and Italian by ethnicity; Christian by religious faith; Caucasian by race.

And I am not expressing what *I* believe necessarily when I explain how Judaism defines a Jew; I am explaining what modern Judaism believes and why Jews are offended when they are called a "race".
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:28:16 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #470 on: July 25, 2011, 12:27:13 AM »

I have done nothing to counter Scriptural claims because that is not my point here. If you would please read my posts carefully, you will find that I am simply explaining WHY MODERN JEWS TAKE GREAT OFFENSE AT BEING CALLED A RACE. It has NOTHING to do with Scriptural claims (NT), or anything else. I'm just trying to save you some embarassment if you ever meet a Jew and refer to him or her as being a "Jew by race".

theo philosopher
Elder

« Reply #471 on: July 25, 2011, 06:18:30 AM »

I have done nothing to counter Scriptural claims because that is not my point here. If you would please read my posts carefully, you will find that I am simply explaining WHY MODERN JEWS TAKE GREAT OFFENSE AT BEING CALLED A RACE. It has NOTHING to do with Scriptural claims (NT), or anything else. I'm just trying to save you some embarassment if you ever meet a Jew and refer to him or her as being a "Jew by race".

You keep trying to squirm out of this via backtracking, but it's not working. You said it was offensive to you.

"Heck, its offensive to ME, and I'm a Christian."

And yet, now you're saying it's not offensive to you? Either Paul and the entirety of the Bible offends you for calling the Jews a race or it doesn't. Either you follow Scripture or you follow Jewish tradition.

Also, "If I ever meet a Jew," you mean at like a family renunion or on the monthly basis that I see my cousins? Not everyone in my family has converted and not a single one gets offended at the idea of calling Jews a "race," depending on they know where you're coming from.

It seems what you're doing is taking you're anecdotal experience with Judaism and applying it to every single Jew out there or even the majority of Jews, when that's hardly the case.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:19:06 AM by theo philosopher » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #472 on: July 25, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »

When will this thread die? Thread, please die.
 Tongue

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #473 on: July 25, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »

You keep trying to squirm out of this via backtracking, but it's not working. You said it was offensive to you.

And yet, now you're saying it's not offensive to you? Either Paul and the entirety of the Bible offends you for calling the Jews a race or it doesn't. Either you follow Scripture or you follow Jewish tradition.

Also, "If I ever meet a Jew," you mean at like a family renunion or on the monthly basis that I see my cousins? Not everyone in my family has converted and not a single one gets offended at the idea of calling Jews a "race," depending on they know where you're coming from.

It seems what you're doing is taking you're anecdotal experience with Judaism and applying it to every single Jew out there or even the majority of Jews, when that's hardly the case.

Notice in the Liturgy the reference to "The Christian Race"

This deserves a longer conversation about the meaning of Race in general .

At work..more later

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #474 on: July 25, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »

Notice in the Liturgy the reference to "The Christian Race"

This deserves a longer conversation about the meaning of Race in general .

At work..more later

Fomr the online dictionary:

race 1 (rs)
n.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.
5. Biology
a. An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
b. A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.

Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:14 AM »

I'm both Jewish and Italian by ethnicity; Christian by religious faith; Caucasian by race.

And I am not expressing what *I* believe necessarily when I explain how Judaism defines a Jew; I am explaining what modern Judaism believes and why Jews are offended when they are called a "race".

Okies thanks, just checking, hadn't heard you say it for at least two post, was getting worried ^_-
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #476 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:49 AM »

Okies thanks, just checking, hadn't heard you say it for at least two post, was getting worried ^_-

No need to be rude.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #477 on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:10 AM »

Who are you again?

If I respect them.

1. I didn't actually make fun of him. That was your take since you are apparently gunning for me.

2. I have in the past and will again in the future post a garbled sentence that is hard to understand.

3. Pointing out that his statement was nearly unintelligible and then guessing at what he meant is normal and proper discourse

4. His race baiting drew no criticism from you, only my comment about his poorly constructed sentence. Figures

5. "Who are you again ?" is an  oblique biblical reference that I guess went over your head.. Look it up or have someone else explain it to you.  

Way to be a jerk, I knew where you were going.

"It's difficult to understand your poorly constructed sentence" <- That was a completely rude statement, you might as well call him an idiot.

I'm not "gunning" for you, you are just the most arrogant and condescending person I've ever run across and I, along with a lot of people here, find it annoying.

As for people and their "race baiting", I doubt that is what he was intending, but YOU like to interpret it that way.

THE WORLD IS NOT OUT TO GET YOU MATE, WE'LL BE NICE TO YOU WHEN YOU STOP BEING RUDE.  Grin

Forgive my sins.
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #478 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »

wasent rude or the mods wouldn't have let it through...der!! it was just gentle humoured ^_-
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #479 on: July 26, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

Said by a friend of mine, but very true here also:

Defining "antisemitism" is about as easy as defining who is a Jew.  Is Jewishness a religion? A culture? An ethnicity?  Yes, all of those things capture part of Jewishness but none is complete.  This makes it easy to level a charge of anti-semitism (read "anti-Jew"), because the definition of Jew is so nebulous.  The term "antisemitism" is merely a weapon, largely devoid of specific meaning, a tool to silence criticism of a politically, culturally, and economically influential minority.

Is it anti-Semitic to deny the salvific power of the modern Jewish religion?  If yes, then Traditional Roman Catholics and Orthodox are anti-Semitic.  Is it anti-Semitic to observe that Jews, whether religious or secular often pursue political goals at odds with the interests of the Church and Christian culture?  If yes, then many Christians are anti-Semitic.  Does this mean all traditional Christians keep their pitchforks and/or jackboots handy for convenient pogrom purposes?  I don't think so.  But this is not what those who use the term "anti-semitism" would have you believe. Those labeled with the term are supposed to be the merest step away from unleashing Holocaust II.  This kind of thinking would be called hysteria under other circumstances, but is largely left unchallenged because of the enormous stigma attached to even questioning the use of the term.  It's not about describing truth, it's about power: keeping it and keeping it away from historical opponents.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #480 on: July 26, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »

Anti Semites badly need to either neuter or get rid of the term Anti Semite.  They hope that without it they will earn a spot at the table of civil discourse. Once most people see that someone is Anti Semetic it often follows that they are not taken seriously or are considered a piriah.

Jonathan Gress
Warned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« Reply #481 on: July 26, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »

Why don't you define anti-Semitism for us, Marc?
GJason

Faith: Roman Catholic becoming Orthodox

« Reply #482 on: July 26, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »

Anti Semites badly need to either neuter or get rid of the term Anti Semite.  They hope that without it they will earn a spot at the table of civil discourse. Once most people see that someone is Anti Semetic it often follows that they are not taken seriously or are considered a piriah.

It's the Jews' term and it's the Jews that throw it around willy-nilly, so it's them that need to get rid of it. It's used primarily to stifle discussion. But you're right it is a ridiculous term.

Once most (unaware) people perceive that someone is "antisemitic" (many times erroneously) then they carry a stigma, and that's why they aren't paid heed. But it's a false stigma 99% of the time as Xenia has so eloquently demonstrated above.

Am I "antisemitic"? Many people would say so I think... but is it actually true? Depends on your definition.

If "antisemites" wish to hunt down and harm or kill Jews - then I certainly AM NOT an "antisemite"!

But if an "antisemite" believes these things:

- Jews are not 'God's Chosen People'... the Church is. God has not abandoned those who He foreknew. They are free to become part of His Church just like everyone else.

- Judaism is anti-Christian, and does not lead to life and salvation - but to death and destruction moreso than other "religions" because they have the Old Testament writings which foretold Christ's coming and His incarnation.

Then I am an "antisemite."

But I am an "antisemite" with truth on my side. And names will never hurt me.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:38:34 PM by GJason » Logged

"Merely to hear the word of God saves no one and is instead a condemnation. After hearing, one must do." - Blessed Theophylact
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »

Anti Semites badly need to either neuter or get rid of the term Anti Semite.  They hope that without it they will earn a spot at the table of civil discourse. Once most people see that someone is Anti Semetic it often follows that they are not taken seriously or are considered a piriah.

It's the Jews' term and it's the Jews that throw it around willy-nilly, so it's them that need to get rid of it. It's used primarily to stifle discussion. But you're right it is a ridiculous term.

Once most (unaware) people perceive that someone is "antisemitic" (many times erroneously) then they carry a stigma, and that's why they aren't paid heed. But it's a false stigma 99% of the time as Xenia has so eloquently demonstrated above.

Am I "antisemitic"? Many people would say so I think... but is it actually true? Depends on your definition.

If "antisemites" wish to hunt down and harm or kill Jews - then I certainly AM NOT an "antisemite"!

- Jews are not 'God's Chosen People'... the Church is. God has not abandoned those who He foreknew. They are free to become part of His Church just like everyone else.

- Judaism is anti-Christian, and does not lead to life and salvation - but to death and destruction moreso than other "religions" because they have the Old Testament writings which foretold Christ's coming and His incarnation.

There was a time when I questioned the usefulness of the term "antisemite". I thought, perhaps, that nowadays it's mostly a buzzword, used by  supporters of the State of Israel to smear critics. But then you come along, someone so monomaniacally obsessed with the Jews that he will talk about hardly anything else, and that, even after he's been banned from a forum 3 times or more, will continually invent new screen names so he can continue to post his rants, all of them with the same style, voice, and formatting.

I think I get it though. You're a Mossad agent, sent here to show without a doubt that antisemitism is real by posturing as the most absurd caricature of an antisemite.

That's what I'm hoping, at least. Otherwise you really need some help. Let me give you a few hints to start out with: 1. Next time you get banned and need to create a new sockpuppet account, wait a week or so. 2. Modify your signature style. Gentler voice, less yelling, less bold text, fewer lines breaks. Make more jokes. 3. Talk about other stuff. Wait at least a month before you even approach the subject of the Jews. Do it subtly, naturally. Maybe pretend to play the devil's advocate for a while ("okay, the Jews are powerful, but I'm pretty sure they don't own my local 7-11"). Good luck bro.

Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #484 on: July 26, 2011, 06:31:32 PM »

A World View dominated by bigotry, racism and religious hatred is certainly not the pinnacle of "Truth"... LOL

Good luck.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »

There was a time when I questioned the usefulness of the term "antisemite". I thought, perhaps, that nowadays it's mostly a buzzword, used by  supporters of the State of Israel to smear critics. But then you come along, someone so monomaniacally obsessed with the Jews that he will talk about hardly anything else, and that, even after he's been banned from a forum 3 times or more, will continually invent new screen names so he can continue to post his rants, all of them with the same style, voice, and formatting.

I think I get it though. You're a Mossad agent, sent here to show without a doubt that antisemitism is real by posturing as the most absurd caricature of an antisemite.

That's what I'm hoping, at least. Otherwise you really need some help. Let me give you a few hints to start out with: 1. Next time you get banned and need to create a new sockpuppet account, wait a week or so. 2. Modify your signature style. Gentler voice, less yelling, less bold text, fewer lines breaks. Make more jokes. 3. Talk about other stuff. Wait at least a month before you even approach the subject of the Jews. Do it subtly, naturally. Maybe pretend to play the devil's advocate for a while ("okay, the Jews are powerful, but I'm pretty sure they don't own my local 7-11"). Good luck bro.
Here's one for you, Iconodule. Stop assuming that the latest newbie who joins this thread is yet another sock puppet of Saint Iaint. Your behavior is starting to reek of vigilanteism and is threatening to squelch what little healthy discussion there actually is on this thread. The moderators are watching very closely for any signs of Saint Iaint's return under yet another pseudonym. We don't need your vigilanteism muddying up the waters.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:54:16 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »

Why don't you define anti-Semitism for us, Marc?

Anti-Semitism = Not agreeing with everything Jews say and do.  police

Forgive my sins.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2011, 12:05:00 AM »

There was a time when I questioned the usefulness of the term "antisemite". I thought, perhaps, that nowadays it's mostly a buzzword, used by  supporters of the State of Israel to smear critics. But then you come along, someone so monomaniacally obsessed with the Jews that he will talk about hardly anything else, and that, even after he's been banned from a forum 3 times or more, will continually invent new screen names so he can continue to post his rants, all of them with the same style, voice, and formatting.

Here's one for you, Iconodule. Stop assuming that the latest newbie who joins this thread

Correction, the latest newbie who joins  this thread 1. soon after Saint Iaint has been banned again (2 days in this case) and 2. replicates his posting style and 3. expresses the same viewpoints.

"Vigilante" suggests I am actually taking some action. You know that's impossible. What I can do is point out the obvious.

As for squelching "healthy discussion," what healthy discussion? Please.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #488 on: July 27, 2011, 12:14:57 AM »

Here's one for you, Iconodule. Stop assuming that the latest newbie who joins this thread

Correction, the latest newbie who joins  this thread 1. soon after Saint Iaint has been banned again (2 days in this case) and 2. replicates his posting style and 3. expresses the same viewpoints.
Again, the moderators are watching out for such signs that Saint Iaint may have returned. If you have a concern about what you see, you know how to use the "Report to Moderator" function. You don't need to confront the poster yourself, and you accomplish nothing by doing so.

"Vigilante" suggests I am actually taking some action. You know that's impossible. What I can do is point out the obvious.
What you're pointing out is obvious only to you. And yes, publicly accusing another poster of wrongdoing IS taking action, action that you do well not to take upon yourself. Again, if you suspect that a poster may be breaking the rules, please report it to the moderators and let them take care of it. Don't confront the poster yourself.

As for squelching "healthy discussion," what healthy discussion? Please.
Is this for you to judge? This thread hasn't been locked yet, which indicates that the moderators see some value in leaving it open. Maybe you shouldn't try to kill it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:21:57 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #489 on: July 27, 2011, 12:51:42 AM »

*Yawn*

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »

("okay, the Jews are powerful, but I'm pretty sure they don't own my local 7-11").

The only fight they lost to the Palestinians. //:=)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:20:53 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2011, 01:33:58 AM »

("okay, the Jews are powerful, but I'm pretty sure they don't own my local 7-11").

But they do own your local 9-11!  Click this link here for proof that the eevil j00s caused nine eleven.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2011, 01:35:29 AM »

But they do own your local 9-11!  Click this link here for proof that the eevil j00s caused nine eleven.

There is no link! They must have erased it already through their powerful control and manipulation of the internets!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #493 on: July 27, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »

Said by a friend of mine, but very true here also:

Defining "antisemitism" is about as easy as defining who is a Jew.  Is Jewishness a religion? A culture? An ethnicity?  Yes, all of those things capture part of Jewishness but none is complete.  This makes it easy to level a charge of anti-semitism (read "anti-Jew"), because the definition of Jew is so nebulous.  The term "antisemitism" is merely a weapon, largely devoid of specific meaning, a tool to silence criticism of a politically, culturally, and economically influential minority.

Is it anti-Semitic to deny the salvific power of the modern Jewish religion?  If yes, then Traditional Roman Catholics and Orthodox are anti-Semitic.  Is it anti-Semitic to observe that Jews, whether religious or secular often pursue political goals at odds with the interests of the Church and Christian culture?  If yes, then many Christians are anti-Semitic.  Does this mean all traditional Christians keep their pitchforks and/or jackboots handy for convenient pogrom purposes?  I don't think so.  But this is not what those who use the term "anti-semitism" would have you believe. Those labeled with the term are supposed to be the merest step away from unleashing Holocaust II.  This kind of thinking would be called hysteria under other circumstances, but is largely left unchallenged because of the enormous stigma attached to even questioning the use of the term.  It's not about describing truth, it's about power: keeping it and keeping it away from historical opponents.

It's probably about the level of obsession.  I don't think anyone here other than some of our posters who are currently practicing Jews would say that their religion is the path to salvation.  That might border on apostasy.  Likewise I don't think people who disagree with the State of Israel could be considered anti-Semetic.  Sure there are some who say anyone who disagrees with Israel are anti-Semetic but these people are frothing lunatics who most rational people won't take seriously.  Heck, there are some Jews who disagree with the things the Israeli state does.  But if someone goes on and on about Jewish plots to overthrow the world...  It gets a bit weird eventually.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #494 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41:07 AM »

There is no link! They must have erased it already through their powerful control and manipulation of the internets!

Oh nos!  The j00s haxxor'd my account!
Tags: Jews anti-Semitism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: