OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 01:20:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 16556 times) Average Rating: 0
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #315 on: July 14, 2011, 03:01:18 PM »

Allowing the the Palestinians to move back home would be a move towards reconciliation.

Israel is not home for most of the Palestinians, born wherever their ancestors ended up. You might say it's home on the basis of ancestry, but that's the same argument many Jews would make.

It would be much easier, however, for the Jews to return to their countries of origin.

Israel is the country of origin for many of its present inhabitants.
CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »

Fact of the matter is, the State of Israel is no better, probably worse, than what Nazi Germany did in regards to invading Poland.

Probably worse? The creation of the State of Israel saw millions fewer deaths than the German invasion of Poland.

You should probably look up Israel's Law of Return. Neither of us could ever gain citizenship there as Christians.

There are plenty of Russian Orthodox who have moved there and more are coming as we speak. While they point to some Jewish ancestry, being observant Christians doesn't stop them from settling in Israel.

They tax the living crap out of Christians and Christian organizations.

Christianity is nonetheless growing there.

Not to mention they show things like this on Israeli TV mocking Jesus and Christianity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA6vRC1xW_c

Who cares? You can find blasphemy on television in many countries.

They just built an Orthodox Church in the United Arab Emirates...

Can the Christians there openly evangelize their Muslim neighbours?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:05:31 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #317 on: July 14, 2011, 03:05:59 PM »

You have yet to provide evidence that all whom you ascribe to a Jewish conspiracy preserve any specific elements of their cultural upbringing. How do you know that they don't only preserve the ethnic moniker and think negatively about some parts of Jewish traditional culture?

I suspect you're setting yourself up to utter the No True Scotsman fallacy.
Not completely and totally rejecting the racist and Talmudic culture is preservation enough.

Have you ever heard of a book called The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion? You would get a real feel for the Talmudic philosophy held and defended by many members of the Jewish elite.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »

The forcible displacement of a people is an act of genocide.

If forcible displacement bothers you so much, then you would be going against a great deal of Christian state policy through the ages as well. You have to consider the effects of this forcible displacement -- namely, it has been good for the Church -- not just dismiss it out of hand as illicit, which is only secular human rights thinking.

Oh the rhetorical fallacies, how shall I count thee?
Alphabetically?
Or maybe start with the most obviously:
The false dichotomy.

How on earth does my being a US citizen have any impact on what happened in history long past? The policies my country does engage in now I can have an impact on, a nearly insignificant impact perhaps, but one nevertheless.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »

Israel is not home for most of the Palestinians, born wherever their ancestors ended up. You might say it's home on the basis of ancestry, but that's the same argument many Jews would make.
The last time the Jews occupied Judea was thousands of years ago. That is hardly a claim to the land.

Israel is the country of origin for many of its present inhabitants.
Sure, but they are nearly all the descendants of recent immigrants. Only a few generation ago, these Jews were living throughout Europe and America. Simply put, they have not claim to Palestinian land.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2011, 03:13:14 PM »

Fact of the matter is, the State of Israel is no better, probably worse, than what Nazi Germany did in regards to invading Poland.

Probably worse? The creation of the State of Israel saw millions fewer deaths than the German invasion of Poland.

Have you ever cracked a book on critical thinking or studied traditional rhetoric? You immediately assume the quantitative is the qualitative?

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »

The last time the Jews occupied Judea was thousands of years ago. That is hardly a claim to the land.

Where do you draw the line then?

Only a few generation ago, these Jews were living throughout Europe and America.

You think they were only living "throughout Europe and America"?

What about all of the North African Jews who were violently booted out of their homeland when Israel was established. You think they and their descendants can just go back? There's a problem with a stateless population and you want to replace them with another stateless population?

Simply put, they have not claim to Palestinian land.

The group which ensures a brighter future for Orthodoxy has the best claim to the land. That's certainly the state of Israel.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:16:21 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2011, 03:17:10 PM »

The most diehard religious zionists have no respect for Christians, or for Jesus Christ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJn2xM3YaNg

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »

Israel's Law of Return

This alone reveals Israel to be not much different than the Nazis (no Godwin here) in fact. Just like the Germans, who in fairness sorta stole a little bit of their weird ideas on "race" from the Jewish thought, Israel uses weird rules of ancestry and belief to determine a viable citizen of their Heimat.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #324 on: July 14, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »

That is quite accurate. Do you have any evidence to suggest that Palestinian terrorism towards the Jews would exist apart from the existence of Israel?

the trees and rocks will say, "O Muslim, O Abdullah, here is a Jew behind me, come and kill him

You obviously have a impoverished view of what genocide means. Type it into google and read how the sane members international community understand it.

the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group. I dont see forced relocation in that definition.

I believe Israel has a right to exist, as does a Palestinian state. I believe everyone deserves a place to call home. But as long as Palestinians blow up school busses of Jewish children, They're not going to get what they want.

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #325 on: July 14, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »

The most diehard religious zionists have no respect for Christians, or for Jesus Christ:

I think this qualifier is inaccurate as many Zionists are Christians, who, whether you agree with them or disagree, believe they truly love Christ.

Frankly, it is the Christian Zionists who concern me the most.

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #326 on: July 14, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »

This alone reveals Israel to be not much different than the Nazis (no Godwin here) in fact. Just like the Germans, who in fairness sorta stole a little bit of their weird ideas on "race" from the Jewish thought, Israel uses weird rules of ancestry and belief to determine a viable citizen of their Heimat.

Who cares? The policy is still better for the spread of Orthodoxy than the situation in the surrounding countries. Stop thinking of secular notions of fairness and think about how good things are going for Orthodox Christians in Israel.

Are the actions of the minority of observant Jews in Israel obnoxious? Sure. But when complaining about events in Israel, don't undermine the country's growing Christian communities. No state of Israel means no flourishing Russian Orthodox parishes. As I posted above, there's a lot of throwing out the baby with the bathwater in your comments.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:26:48 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #327 on: July 14, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »

I think this qualifier is inaccurate as many Zionists are Christians, who, whether you agree with them or disagree, believe they truly love Christ.

YES. For me as well, the Christian zionists are the most serious problem. They advocate a very extreme form of militaristic zionism which brings harm not only to Palestinians, but also to Jews.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #328 on: July 14, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »

You obviously have a impoverished view of what genocide means. Type it into google and read how the sane members international community understand it.

the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group. I dont see forced relocation in that definition.

And according to the wikipedia entry I wrote about the universe, I am smack dab in the center.

That portion of the article is for some reason under discussion.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #329 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »

YES. For me as well, the Christian zionists are the most serious problem. They advocate a very extreme form of militaristic zionism which brings harm not only to Palestinians, but also to Jews.

And pretty much every living thing on the planet.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #330 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »

Who cares? The policy is still better for the spread of Orthodoxy than the situation in the surrounding countries. Stop thinking of secular notions of fairness and think about how good things are going for Orthodox Christians in Israel.

Still trouble with that whole false dichotomy thing . . .

Keep studying, you'll get it one day.

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #331 on: July 14, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »

Where do you draw the line then?
Reasonable claim. One group was last living in Judea nearly 2000 years ago and the other was living in Judea less than 100 years ago.

What about all of the North African Jews who were violently booted out of their homeland when Israel was established. You think they and their descendants can just go back? There's a problem with a stateless population and you want to replace them with another stateless population?
I am not saying that every Jew must return to whence their ancestors last came. This may sometimes be difficult or impossible. What I did say, however, was that returning would be easiest in mending Palestinian relations. The vast majority of the Jews could easily return to their previous homelands.

The group which ensures a brighter future for Orthodoxy has the best claim to the land.
Then give the land to Russia.

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #332 on: July 14, 2011, 03:31:11 PM »

Israel's Law of Return

+ 1

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »

I think as Christians we should care more about the suffering of people being oppressed as a result of a nationalistic movement made up of Jews who originally came from Eastern Europe. Why should Palestinians suffer and lose their homeland because Hitler killed Jews in Eastern Europe? The Palestinians had nothing to do with that. Why are they made the scapegoat?

This defense of the zionist government, simply because it is claimed they are doing good by Orthodoxy, reminds me of the debate I had with zionist Jews regarding Turkey.

I have long been active in working to expose the genocide committed against the Armenian people by the Turks, something the Turks to this day deny (Holocaust deniers?) Back in 2006 or so, when Turkey was still an ally of the zionists, many zionists (though there were some notable exceptions) refused to condemn the Turks for what they did for fear of losing Israel's one Muslim ally. That's right...to hell with Jewish principles of morality, tzedakah (justice, fairness, charity)...lets not speak out against a genocide because it might hurt Israel.

I pointed out that these same zionists would be in an uproar if during WW2, another group had refused to speak up when Hitler was killing Jews, for fear of losing Germany as an ally.

I have wryly noted that the zionists NOW (2011) are speaking up, criticizing Turkey for what they did to the Armenians, now that Turkey has turned against Israel for other reasons! NOW they're all boycotting Turkish goods! I've been doing it since 1979!

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2011, 03:35:09 PM »

In a sense, that that has already been done inasmuch as Russians of Jewish ancestry but having much greater interest in Christianity have been immigrating to the land for several decades now.

Your comment is puzzling, though. Do you believe Russia in the long run and outside Israel will be a greater force for Orthodoxy than any other patriarchate?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:35:57 PM by CRCulver » Logged
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #335 on: July 14, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »

I agree, it is dangerous.

One group was last living in Judea nearly 2000 years ago and the other was living in Judea less than 100 years ago

So, using that logic, if I take something of yours, after a time passes, you no longer have claim to it? So, can I steal your car and house? In say, 10 years, they're mine, right? Or 20 years? 50? 100?
So the Jews claim on their land became invalid after a specific amount of time? please remember, their claim to the land wasnt ALWAYS 2000 years old, at one time their claim was new.

Israel's Law of Return
That IS a pretty twisted rule actually....

primuspilus

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #336 on: July 14, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »

In a sense, that that has already been done inasmuch as Russians of Jewish ancestry but having much greater interest in Christianity have been immigrating to the land for several decades now.

Your comment is puzzling, though. Do you believe Russia in the long run and outside Israel will be a greater force for Orthodoxy than any other patriarchate?
The problem, however, is that Israel is built on a religious principle. Because of that Orthodoxy will never thrive (unless some event similar to that of St. Constantine were to occur). I am for optimistic for the conversion of Muslims rather than Jews.

Yes, I do. Russia will be power that ushers in the final golden age of Orthodoxy (just prior to the coming of the anti-Christ).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:53:59 PM by Ioannis Climacus » Logged

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #337 on: July 14, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »

One group was last living in Judea nearly 2000 years ago and the other was living in Judea less than 100 years ago

So, using that logic, if I take something of yours, after a time passes, you no longer have claim to it? So, can I steal your car and house? In say, 10 years, they're mine, right? Or 20 years? 50? 100?
So the Jews claim on their land became invalid after a specific amount of time? please remember, their claim to the land wasnt ALWAYS 2000 years old, at one time their claim was new.

Israel's Law of Return

primuspilus

Can the American Indians claim the whole of North America and demand that all those of European ancestry move out?
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #338 on: July 14, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »

n the American Indians claim the whole of North America and demand that all those of European ancestry move out?

Sure they can, and they do. I dont agree with what has happened to them. Like I said before, EVERYONE deserves a place to call home.

I dont like the reservation system that has been pushed upon them. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to fix it. I'd be more than happy to give them more land.

primuspilus

Gregory the Great

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #339 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »

According to traditional Orthodox and also traditional RC teaching, the promises made to national Israel (the Jews) no longer apply to them as a people: they apply to the Church, which is now "new" (transformed) Israel, being composed of all who accept Christ, be they Jew or Gentile.

The promises made in the Old Testament were conditional upon them keeping the Torah.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:48:47 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #340 on: July 14, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »

So the Jews claim on their land became invalid after a specific amount of time? please remember, their claim to the land wasnt ALWAYS 2000 years old, at one time their claim was new...
And it was divine retribution that drove them from the land, scattering them in ever direction. We can't spend eternity trying to return every bit of land taken (I am not entirely sure how one would determine who owned it "first"), but what we can do is treat the concerns of living people. There are actually people alive today who have been driven from their land (the same cannot be said of the Jews of antiquity). Why would we not address their concerns?

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2011, 03:51:20 PM »

So the Jews claim on their land became invalid after a specific amount of time? please remember, their claim to the land wasnt ALWAYS 2000 years old, at one time their claim was new...
And it was divine retribution that drove them from the land, scattering them in ever direction. We can't spend eternity trying to return every bit of land taken (I am not entirely sure how one would determine who owned it "first"), but what we can do is treat the concerns of living people. There are actually people alive today who have been driven from their land (the same cannot be said of the Jews of antiquity). Why would we not address their concerns?

Most ultraOrthodox (Chasidic) Jews are, in fact, either non-zionist or anti-zionist (most people are not especially aware of it, but you never see an Israeli flag in an Orthodox synagogue, and this is why.) The reason why they are not zionists is because zionism was developed by antireligious, secular Jews with the intent to give Jews a way to "be Jewish" without the need to keep the Torah. The very religious Jews see zionism as a modern Golden Calf. The Orthodox Jewish community I grew up in was entirely anti-zionist, though they were not actively so. They believe that God put the Jewish people into exile (galus), and that only God, through Mashiach, can take them out again. They see zionism as a manmade, secular attempt to circumvent God's plan.

For one such example of an outspoken anti-zionist Orthodox Jewish organization, see http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com (Note: this group is not Neturei Karta, Guardians of the City, but they are similar.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:53:39 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »

With that, I totally agree.
I just had a thought. My sister and bro-in-law are militant dispensationalists...they'd freak if they knew I just agreed with you and orthonorm  laugh
primuspilus

Gregory the Great

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #343 on: July 14, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »

I just had a thought. My sister and bro-in-law are militant dispensationalists...they'd freak if they knew I just agreed with you and orthonorm  laugh

I'll bet they really freak when they find out that God agrees with those points too.
 Grin

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #344 on: July 14, 2011, 04:30:45 PM »

Quote from: orthonorm
Just like the Germans, who in fairness sorta stole a little bit of their weird ideas on "race" from the Jewish thought,

Huh

Shocked

Okay. I give up.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »

Quote from: orthonorm
Just like the Germans, who in fairness sorta stole a little bit of their weird ideas on "race" from the Jewish thought,

Huh

Shocked

Okay. I give up.

Not sure you started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_policy_of_Nazi_Germany#Racial_policies_regarding_the_Jews_between_1933_to_1940

Any of that language sound familiar in another context?

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #346 on: July 14, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »

No.

celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »

The difference: The part of Poland initially targeted by the Third Reich was mostly populated by Germans, the land Israel took over was mostly populated by Arabs.

There are plenty of Russian Orthodox who have moved there and more are coming as we speak. While they point to some Jewish ancestry, being observant Christians doesn't stop them from settling in Israel.

If you apply for Jewish citizenship you must register as either Jewish or Athiest on the census...selecting either of these is a slap to Christ, in my opinion. http://frmilovan.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/girl-would-rather-die-than-deny-faith/

Can the Christians there openly evangelize their Muslim neighbours?

Yes, actually. The government follows a policy of tolerance toward other religions and rarely interferes in the activities of non-Muslims.

Forgive my sins.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2011, 04:56:51 PM »

No.

OK, who is a Jew?

Who has been asking this question with a variety of answers long before the Nazis developed OVER TIME their rules with loopholes and who continues to do so as a "people" and as a "nation" with often similar results?

Hint: the answer is the plural of the fifth word of the first question I posed, which really was your answer, as the question was rhetorical.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #349 on: July 14, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »

No, you don't make up answers for me and tell me that was 'really' it. Watch your tone.  Angry I meant what I said.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »

No, you don't make up answers for me and tell me that was 'really' it. Watch your tone.  Angry I meant what I said.

I am not sure if the above actually is a coherent statement within the context of this discussion.

My tone might not be to your liking, but at least I ain't whistling that same old tune. //:="

Margaret S.

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »

Really a silly thing to argue over, but as someone who speaks fluent Yiddish as a result of my upbringing, I'd think I would know.

Indeed, it's a silly thing for you to keep bringing up, just like your endless repetition of your childhood anecdotes about Jews talking bad behind Christians' backs etc. You may well have the lowest ratio of new insights to number of posts of anyone on this forum.

A fluent Yiddish speaker in America today? Well, you are a rarity.

Not really. All Chasidic Jewish communities, and some of the stricter "regular" Orthodox communities, regularly use Yiddish as their daily language of communication amongst themselves, with English reserved for outsiders (akin to the way the Old Order Amish speak High German amongst themselves but use English to communicate with outsiders).

All Chasidic Jewish kiddies, from a very young age, are bilingual in both Yiddish and the language of their native country.

Same in the UK. You hear Yiddish spoken in Stamford Hill although the dialect can vary from block to block sometimes and there's a difference between older people who have a definite 'Yiddish' accent and the young ones, the under 30s, who speak it like Londoners. A linguist's paradise.

Margart

You mean they vary in their pronunciation of Yiddish or in their pronunciation of English?

By the way, Old Order Amish don't speak High German as an everyday language. They use it in their services and prayers, but their everyday language is quite different and varies from community to community. Most Amish in America came from either Switzerland or the Palatinate, so their spoken dialects are generally derived from one or both of these dialect regions, though now there is also considerable English influence.

Example: in Lancaster County Amish communities, who I believe are largely descended from Palatine settlers (Pfalz), the word for "run" is "laafen", but "house" is "haus", while in High German, "run" is "laufen". This is because in High German, Middle German ou, loufen, merged with û, hûs, as au, so laufen, haus, but in the Palatine region, ou and û developed differently, as aa and au respectively.

In Stamford Hill the kind of Yiddish can vary a lot. I don't know if it's still like this now (I imagine there has been a lot of integration) but when my mother was young there were distinct areas within the neighbourhood depending on where the inhabitants had originally come from.

I didn't make the comment about the Amish. I am sure I know nothing about them  Smiley

Margaret
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2011, 05:10:01 PM »

Israel's Law of Return

primuspilus

Can the American Indians claim the whole of North America and demand that all those of European ancestry move out?

No, not effectively.  There are people who have vested interests in the US staying the way it is, and they have lots and lots in the way of weaponry.  This is the same reason that Israel stays Israeli and not Palestinian.  When it comes to who is in charge morality plays second fiddle to balance of power.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »

Have you ever heard of a book called The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion? You would get a real feel for the Talmudic philosophy held and defended by many members of the Jewish elite.
I just saw this and I'm not sure whether to scream with laughter or well, just scream.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »

Israel's Law of Return

primuspilus

No, not effectively.  There are people who have vested interests in the US staying the way it is, and they have lots and lots in the way of weaponry.  This is the same reason that Israel stays Israeli and not Palestinian.  When it comes to who is in charge morality plays second fiddle to balance of power.

Without the US that balance of power would change rapidly.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »

I just saw this and I'm not sure whether to scream with laughter or well, just scream.

I've never read it, but I remember the consensus in the Jewish community was that it was written by a  Russian Orthodox priest named Rev I B Pranaitis? (that sounds Lithuanian to me actually)

EDIT: I just checked; I think I had him confused with the Protocols. He actually wrote "The Talmud Unmasked".
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:24:41 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »

Just saw? Oh youth! And innocence!

A wonderful treatment of the subject in comic (snob: graphic) form is:

http://www.amazon.com/Plot-Secret-Story-Protocols-Elders/dp/0393060454

Recommended.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »

What?Huh? Did he do Mein Kampf too?!

(I jk.)

TA: The cartoons on the side, too much! I want to get this but I would have to hide it under my bed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:23:15 PM by IsmiLiora » Logged

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »

Oh sreaming is certainly understandable. It is a horrendous work. I pray the things planned will not come to be.

It is also worth pointing out that this guy gave the blessing for its publication :

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »

Huh
 Shocked
Okay. I give up.
Not to gang up, but you also still believe that Jews are the Biblical Israel, yet fail to provide any reasoning for this.  Then you get mad when people point out that St. Paul and the Church Fathers teach something different (this includes those of the "Holy Roman Church").

Things get a bit dicey with the issue, but your positions on this are equally as extreme as those on the other end of the spectrum.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Tags: Jews anti-Semitism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: