OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 02:26:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 17837 times) Average Rating: 0
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »

And Judaism believes, additionally, that all Jews are responsible for one another. This means that Jews are to help each other, but it also means that the actions of Jews in one place reflect (favorably or unfavorably) on all Jews.

When Christians from some groups do foolish things, Christians from other groups would readily defend themselves by saying  that Christianity is a highly varied movement and the actions of some do not reflect on all others. Yet we're supposed to assume that every single person calling himself Jewish (even if on the basis of ancestry and not any religious belief) is in utter aggreement with a small group of obnoxious Jews who obey Talmudic revelations?

Many (not all) Jews worldwide are zionists.

And a great part of those favour the existence of Israel because of its greater sexual freedom/access to drugs/more diverse arts scene/better economy/fewer bureaucratic hassles than the surrounding states. Support for Israel, even among those calling themselves Jews, does not necessarily mean support for any of the religious beliefs of Judaism. As I said, most Israelis I know think that Abrahamic religions are silly and find Jewish traditional beliefs to be horribly quaint.

I tend to accept what St Paul (who was raised an Orthodox Jew and, like me, knew/knows the real deal) about those Jews who are unconverted. Jesus Christ agreed with these sentiments, as is evidenced by many of the things He said in regard to His (and my) people. Are they antisemites too?

1 Thessalonians 2:14-16

14 For ye, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judaea in Christ Jesus: for ye also suffered the same things of your own countrymen, even as they did of the Jews;

15 who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove out us, and pleased not God, and are contrary to all men;

16 forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved; to fill up their sins always: but the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »

Well, actually, I consider myself a Christian of Russian-Jewish (and Italian) heritage. Smiley
Oh. So you're part of the Zionist conspiracy. Clearly from from what you, Philoumenos, Ioannis et al say on this thread, you are not to be trusted.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:48:23 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »

Well, actually, I consider myself a Christian of Russian-Jewish (and Italian) heritage. Smiley
Oh. So you're part of the Zionist conspiracy. Clearly from from what you, Philoumenos, Ioannis et al say on this thread, you are not to be trusted.

Based on what he has written (which is all I know of him), his problem is with Jews who have not sincerely accepted Christ. And if they have sincerely accepted Christ, they are no longer Jews by religion.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »

I tend to accept what St Paul (who was raised an Orthodox Jew and, like me, knew/knows the real deal) about those Jews who are unconverted. Jesus Christ agreed with these sentiments, as is evidenced by many of the things He said in regard to His (and my) people. Are they antisemites too?

The Scriptures (and certain later patristic statements) speak about people who were Jews in the sense that they believed in the Jewish religion. However, most people who call themselves Jews nowadays do not believe in the religion and relating to them requires a different strategy.

Christianity bothered the Jews of antiquity and it bothers today's religious Jews because it claims, among other things, that God is one in three persons and Christ is God incarnate. However, many contemporary Jews could care less about some sacred oneness of God and in fact believe that there is no God, or that Indian spirituality gets closer to the right idea about God. Why would you form a policy about a group of people on the basis of the beliefs of a different group of people?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:02:21 AM by CRCulver » Logged
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »

Based on what he has written (which is all I know of him), his problem is with Jews who have not sincerely accepted Christ. And if they have sincerely accepted Christ, they are no longer Jews by religion.
That's just what you want us to believe. You can't fool me, I've read all the conspiracy theory websites recommended on this thread. I know the real truth.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »

The Scriptures (and certain later patristic statements) speak about people who were Jews in the sense that they believed in the Jewish religion. However, most people who call themselves Jews nowadays do not believe in the religion and relating to them requires a different strategy.

Christianity bothered the Jews of antiquity and it bothers today's religious Jews because it claims, among other things, that God is one in three persons and Christ is God incarnate. However, many contemporary Jews could care less about some sacred oneness of God and in fact believe that there is no God, or that Indian spirituality gets closer to the right idea about God. Why would you form a policy about a group of people on the basis of the beliefs of a different group of people?

From my perspective, as someone whose direct personal experience with other Jews has really only been with the religious (meaning Orthodox Jewish) variety, I suppose using your understanding I could say that what the Scriptures and the Early Church Fathers said about Jews would hold true then.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2011, 11:26:18 AM »

Speaking personally, I have no interest or knowledge in the "Jews run the banks" issues, or anything of a political nature. My criticisms of Judaism comes from the years I spent as an Orthodox Jew. My complaints are religious, not political.

I also recognized, when I read the New Testament, that the things Jesus Christ and St Paul said about Judaism were true. My issue is religious, not political.

You have talked extensively about what Jews "really say" behind the backs of Christians. You are feeding nuts to the squirrels.

Find a new hobby.
Why are Jews spitting in the face of Orthodox priests?
"A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face. "
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/christians-in-jerusalem-want-jews-to-stop-spitting-on-them-1.137099

There are nuts in all religions as we can see right here in this forum.

I think it would be more of a concern if all Israeli's or a large number were spitting on Priests. This is a phenomena of a very few Ultradox.  

Have you ever been spit on because of your religion? I have.. I think there is far more "Spitting" going on right here.

Ever been roughed up because of your religion? I have..

Ever been denied public accommodation ( denied a room at a hotel or restaurant) due to your religion? I have.

Ever see I covenant in a Home Mortgage that said the place couldn't be sold to you because of your religion?  I have.

When I was in Middle School there were only a handful of Jews at the school. We had to sit together at lunch for protection. Every single day penny's would rain down on us. Ever day,every year I was there... The locals would drop a penny in the hall to see if we would pick it up, at which point if you did ( just to vex them) you would likely get kicked..

I could go on..

So .. ya know... Clean up your own house before worrying too much about what the nutty Ultradox are doing in Israel.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:28:32 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »

I usually don't get into the antisemitism I have experienced in life, because it tends to make a person look like a whiner. I don't like when blacks do it, or when any other group does it, so I try not to do it either. I have little patience with cards, be they race, gender or religion.

But lest anyone think I have never endured antisemitism, I can tell you that when I was 10, I was severely beaten by a group of Irish Roman Catholic schoolgirls from the local parochial school, because "you killed Our Lord" (to this day I shrink internally whenever a RC friend innocently refers to Christ as "Our Lord"--I much prefer "The Lord" probably for that reason). It is a miracle that I ended up becoming a RC, but I did so based on what my Italian RC relatives had told me about the church; if those Irish girls had been my only experience, I doubt I would have become RC...fortunately I had the Catholic relatives on one side of my family to balance things out.

In junior high, a black Baptist student decided to organize a group to pick on me because I was Jewish. She would ridicule me for being Jewish, until one day, I looked her up in the phone book, learned her father's name was Theophilus, and told the other kids about it. Then she turned into the one being teased. Smiley

Once I found a pork chop strategically placed right under my locker. Hmm.

I was not the only Jewish kid to endure this; there were a few others too who did, but since most of the other Orthodox Jewish kids were in yeshivot (usually just boys), the girls had to attend public school (this was in the days before we had many Orthodox Jewish day schools).

But, there have also been experiences from other Jews, ones which I found very offensive. Because half my family is Italian RC and half is Orthodox Jewish, I've had a lifetime to see how each side thinks and talk about others. I never once heard a single antisemitic comment from any of my Italian sides many relatives. Not even one, amazing when you consider they left the church right after V2 and did not benefit from the "we love the Jews now" theology so in vogue in the RCC since V2.

However, on the Jewish end of things, I heard MANY comments, even directed toward my mother, a convert to Orthodox Judaism, whose level of Jewish religious observancy often put born Jews to shame. Yet they still would call her "shiksa" (derogatory term for Gentile women.)

My husband is not Jewish, and we currently live in an Orthodox Jewish community (not because its Jewish but for other reasons). I cannot tell you how many derogatory comments have been made to my face, because I chose to marry a nonJew...and not so much from the Orthodox Jews but from the non-Orthodox Jews, amazingly.

I have a neighbor who is not especially observant, but sees anti-Christian sentiment as his way to show his Jewishness. I had to stop associating with him because it was making me sick, especially his comments about "the Christian man-god" as he calls Christ. He had a bornagain Christian friend who was always giving him money when he was down on his louck, yet he still badmouthed his friend's religion to me.

My late aunt (obm) once called me in tears because RC schoolgirls came to her door, asking if they could clean her house or run errands for her. She asked them why, and they told her that their religion teaches them to do the works of mercy. She was crying on the phone to me, and said, "The goyim (Gentiles) treat me better than my own people!" I knew what she was talking about.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:21:10 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »

From my perspective, as someone whose direct personal experience with other Jews has really only been with the religious (meaning Orthodox Jewish) variety, I suppose using your understanding I could say that what the Scriptures and the Early Church Fathers said about Jews would hold true then.

I used to work at a Kosher Restaurant ( Glut Kosher which means very strict observance). There was a "Mashgiach" a man who specializes in what is Kosher on full time staff. This was in the 1970's when such places were very rare. The Orthodox could never go out to eat until this place opened up. I was in contact with Orthodox Jews every single day.

My brother was Barmitzvohed at an Orthodox Temple and was tutored by an Orthodox Rabbi.

My mother-in law lived in an Orthodox neighborhood in Baltimore where my wife grew up. We were there all the time and knew the Orthodox neighbors..

I have never had the experience Xenia is yacking about.. That is not to say that there are not low minded people in all groups who may be bigots, but I assure you the topic of Christianity or Christians was rare to never.. Only if there was some sort of incident like a Temple being vandalized did anyone comment...

Now if you are talking about common humor: "A Rabbi, a Priest and the Dali Lama were in a rowboat together..." sort of thing, then of course. But I never heard one vicious comment about Christians and I never understood the term Goy or The Goyum to be anything but an ultra-lite pejorative term.. The saying:" Shikshas are for practice" ( female Gentile) is about a viscous as I ever heard.

How often is Jesus or Christians or Christianity mentioned in Worship Services at the Synagogue? Zero..Never.. Not done...Ever

On the other hand, how many times are Jew's mentioned in our own Orthodox Christian Services...Dozens, right? The Jews this, the Jews that, the blind Jews, the iniquitous Jews....... Jews, Jews, Jews, Jews, Jews, Jews.... Almost obsessively.

I dont see anti-Gentileism if there is such a term.. I have see defensiveness and fear but to the great  credit of the Jewish Community their social and political activism proves beyond any doubt their open mindedness.

Jews have the Economic and Social Profile of Episcopalians and but have a Voting Profile of Blacks. They have participated in every Progressive Social Movement in the USA most notably the Civil Rights Movement. How many of us would have been willing to go into the  Jim Crow South and risk life and limb? Jews were disproportionately active in the Civil Rights movement often being jailed, gassed or beaten to a bloody pulp. That is hardly the action of people who are "Anti-Gentile"..    

Just recently during the Darfur genocide you couldn't drive past a Synagogue in my Town ( Washington DC) without seeing a banner out front, "Save Darfur"..

Nearly all Jews have now obtained middle class economic security or better in the USA but they still champion the cause of the poor and oppressed, nearly all of whom are Gentiles, by last count..

Sooo..........  Get real.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:28:24 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »

I'd like to correct a few things...first, its glatt kosher, not "glut". Glatt kosher means the meat is extra perfect, no imperfections, no adhesions to the inner organs, and the like. Its basically "superkosher", and is not required, but the very Orthodox insist upon it. Its along the same lines as "chalav Yisroel" dairy products (which means religious Jews were involved in the entire process of manufacturing, from the milking of the cow to the processing of it into packages.) "Chalav Yisroel" basically means, "Jewish milk". (The very Orthodox refuse to eat anything prepared by Gentiles for fear of religious contamination.)

The "mashgiach" is, yes, a kosher supervisor. I just wanted to make sure no one confuses that with "Mashiach", which sounds very similar and is the Hebrew word for "anointed one", as in "Messiah".

Orthodox Jews do not call their synagogues "Temples". That is a word invented by reform Jews (the most religiously liberal of all Jews). An Orthodox Jew will refer to his house of worship as a "shul", which is actually Yiddish for "room"...because many of the first Orthodox shuls in this country met in storefronts, often no bigger than a large room. The shul I grew up going to as a child was very much like this.

Secular and reform Jews are the Jews who become involved in liberal political causes. Orthodox Jews generally have not, and do not, incidentally. Considering the deplorable state the country is in today, with everyone at each other's throats over racial divisiveness,I don't know if that form of activism is something anyone should be proud of because it led to where we are today. Orthodox Jews tend to be very politically conservative, and they are the Jews who for the most part have to live in big cities due to the fact that they cannot drive to shul, but must walk, due to Sabbath prohibitions. As a result, they are often victims of inner city crime. The liberal Jews, who are the ones who espouse liberal causes and civil rights causes, often tend to live in safe, non inner city areas where they don't have to be affected by the consequences of their activism.

I forget if there were any other errors, but those jumped out at me the most.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:42:08 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »

On the other hand, how many times are Jew's mentioned in our own Orthodox Christian Services...Dozens, right? The Jews this, the Jews that, the blind Jews, the iniquitous Jews....... Jews, Jews, Jews, Jews, Jews, Jews.... Almost obsessively.

So, if this bothers you (and it clearly does), what made you become an Orthodox Christian, specifically ROCOR (which is known for being the most conservative, and probably contains the most of the Orthodox who are critical of Jews)? Not only that, but Russian monarchists (not known for their love of Bolsheviks, who were often of Jewish birth) tend to belong to ROCOR, and ROCOR was the first RO jurisdiction to canonize Tsar Nicholas II and his family as Passion Bearers (and I'm sure you know how most Jews of our grandparents generation felt about the one they called "Bloody Nicholas")...it just seems strange, with your very pro-Jewish views, that ROCOR is where you would end up....

You see, I've been a student of Russian history for most of my life, and have always admired greatly Tsar Nicholas II and especially his children. In fact my last child was given the middle name of Anastasia, after the Tsar's youngest daughter, in her honor. I was perhaps the only Jew who woke up in the middle of the night to watch the burial of the Royal Family on TV in 1998. I own just about every book ever published about the Romanovs, and have an icon of the PassionBearers in my icon corner, an icon I first bought in 1999.

But then again, I'm not on here saying how great Jews are, or praising everything Jews do either.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:56:13 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »

Because that's obviously the only facet of ROCOR?

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »

Oh, I agree, its not. But it just seems rather.....odd, that someone who holds views as strongly as he does on all things Jewish, would end up there. Its sort of like a Jewish convert to Roman Catholicism who is very pro-Jews and pro-Jewish, joining a Traditionalist Latin Mass organization (they also have a reputation for anti-Judaism.) Some of the Traditionalist RC groups were and are not in communion with Rome due to their extreme traditional views, just as ROCOR also was not in communion with the other Orthodox until 2007 for similar reasons.

Just seems....curious.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:58:20 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

I'd like to correct a few things...first, its glatt kosher, not "glut".

The Rav i know told me that there isn't a "correct" English transliteration of Hebrew characters and that many different Jews spell it all different ways in English. Hes a Jewish Rabbi and he spells things all over the place.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »

So, if this bothers you (and it clearly does), what made you become an Orthodox Christian, specifically ROCOR (which is known for being the most conservative, and probably contains the most of the Orthodox who are critical of Jews)? Not only that, but Russian monarchists (not known for their love of Bolsheviks, who were often of Jewish birth) tend to belong to ROCOR, and ROCOR was the first RO jurisdiction to canonize Tsar Nicholas II and his family as Passion Bearers (and I'm sure you know how most Jews of our grandparents generation felt about the one they called "Bloody Nicholas")...it just seems strange, with your very pro-Jewish views, that ROCOR is where you would end up....

You see, I've been a student of Russian history for most of my life, and have always admired greatly Tsar Nicholas II and especially his children. In fact my last child was given the middle name of Anastasia, after the Tsar's youngest daughter, in her honor. I was perhaps the only Jew who woke up in the middle of the night to watch the burial of the Royal Family on TV in 1998. I own just about every book ever published about the Romanovs, and have an icon of the PassionBearers in my icon corner, an icon I first bought in 1999.

But then again, I'm not on here saying how great Jews are, or praising everything Jews do either.

Clearly I am at peace with the Orthodox Service.. I rarely miss one. Leaving for Vigil in about an hour as a matter of fact. The point is that it is hypocritical to call Jews Anti-Gentile..

Are you really shocked that mixed marriages get some flak? I have no doubt that you and others have faced scorn and that scorn can be of a Jewish variety.

Do you think if someone living in  a Heavy Duty Greek Community marries  a Jew the same would not occur? I bet it would.

If someone living in a close knit Russian Community or a Serb Community married a Jew, do you think they would have a tough time too? I do.

Orthodox Jewish communities are very close knit. They often live in a Ghetto-like neighborhood so they are insulated from The World a bit and have easy access to the Synagogue and Rabbi. They must walk there after all.. So if someone goes out of the community and marries a non-Jew they are going to have a hard road..Same with Greeks, Blacks, Serbs.... most any close knit ethnic/religious community.

But what you have done is to throw red meat in front of hate-filled Anti-Semites, making common cause with them and feeding their delusions.

Very shameful..Cut it out..

We all suffer. It's a fallen World.  Get over it before you do more harm.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:23:23 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2011, 04:30:30 PM »

Oh, I agree, its not. But it just seems rather.....odd, that someone who holds views as strongly as he does on all things Jewish, would end up there. Its sort of like a Jewish convert to Roman Catholicism who is very pro-Jews and pro-Jewish, joining a Traditionalist Latin Mass organization (they also have a reputation for anti-Judaism.) Some of the Traditionalist RC groups were and are not in communion with Rome due to their extreme traditional views, just as ROCOR also was not in communion with the other Orthodox until 2007 for similar reasons.

Just seems....curious.

Excuse me? You don't know what you are talking about. You don't know me or my religious background. I dont take Antisemites lightly. That hardly excludes me from Rocor. 

My God Father is Chinese, my God Mother Southern Baptist, my current Priest was an Anglican and the other Priest I confess to sometimes at the Cathedral is Black.... Welcome to America

Man..you really shoot from the hip.

celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »

Have you ever been spit on because of your religion? I have.. I think there is far more "Spitting" going on right here.

Ever been roughed up because of your religion? I have..

Ever been denied public accommodation ( denied a room at a hotel or restaurant) due to your religion? I have.

Ever see I covenant in a Home Mortgage that said the place couldn't be sold to you because of your religion?  I have.

Or maybe it is because they didn't like you as a person...

So what you are saying is, because you were treated unfairly you have the right to promote Jewish Supremacy? You are doing to non-jews EXACTLY what they did to you. Sure you didnt convert to Islam?

Forgive my sins.
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »

Just seems....curious.

Excuse me? You don't know what you are talking about. You don't know me or my religious background. I dont take Antisemites lightly. That hardly excludes me from Rocor. 

My God Father is Chinese, my God Mother Southern Baptist, my current Priest was an Anglican and the other Priest I confess to sometimes at the Cathedral is Black.... Welcome to America

Got any gay friends?? i have one you can borrow  Wink
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »

Since Marc thinks Jews are the only group of people that are persecuted, here's some of my ancestors:

And no...they arent black.

Forgive my sins.
Philoumenos
Wishes Jews Would Come to Christ

« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »

Everyone take a look at Philoumenos' posts, and then look at SaintIaint's posts... the similarity, not only in content, but in tone, style, and presentation, is uncanny.

Also, the way he keeps changing his forum titles, so he appears to be saying something 'nice' on the sly.  Roll Eyes Does he think we have no memories?

I mean, really. Do he and his friends think the rest of us really buy this "I don't hate Jews, even though I talk in coded anti-Semitic language, I just don't like Zionism" hoohah? For pity's sake!

Have you *ever* met anyone who was not anti-Semitic and at the same time ranted about the Jews controlling the banks and the media?

Ever?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
 Roll Eyes

I hate to dignify this kind of cr*p with more attention, but just to give him one chance, here goes.

You know, there are only a few million Jews on the planet. A few.

There are undoubtedly millions upon millions of bank branches.

Unless every single Jewish person on the planet owns several bank branches, and people of other faiths own exactly zero, the 'theory' goes into the toilet.

Where it belongs.

What are you all junior detectives around here? What's my IP? What's my email? Call the ADL!

Apparently you all think I'm Saint Iaint?

Why should I answer your ridiculous assertion? You never responded to or even acknowledged mine.

Tell me:  Who does run the Federal Reserve? You basically inferred that I am crazy, offering me some of your pills but you haven't proven that as I asked you to. Now you think you can just carry on as if you have proven it? Uh uh.

You guys have turned this into a thread which seems to presuppose that I have a problem with ALL Jews - when I've made it quite clear that is not the case. But still you carry on in that vein! Nevermind ALL JEWS. Right now we're only talking about specifics: Who OWNS and RUNS the United States Federal Reserve? I'll respond fully to you when you respond to me. Satan is the accuser of the brethren.

Who creates money out of thin air at taxpayer expense at the Fed? Forget any other question for now. You want to call me crazy? PROVE IT I SAID!

(Here, I'll throw you a little bone regarding your question: Individual Bank branches are OWNED by the parent bank. They have Bank Managers.)

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2011, 05:23:36 PM »

Just seems....curious.

*RIM SHOT* You are on fire.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »

The conspiracy types here like to post almost entirely in Free-for-All and the private fora. Not just the occasional thread, but the majority of their posts. There's a reason for that. Those sections are seldom regulated (not a criticism, just a fact).

That right there tells you quite a bit.  Roll Eyes

There still are some really interesting individuals  Tongue who think there was no flight to the Moon and the whole thing was faked. One of them came up to John Glenn and started to bother him. John punched him right in the face.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:07:58 PM by biro » Logged

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »

Since Marc thinks Jews are the only group of people that are persecuted, here's some of my ancestors:

And no...they arent black.

Thanks for that (and your other post as well, you took the thoughts right out of my head!)

Some minority groups tend toward self-absorption, in thinking they are the only ones who have ever suffered. Another reason why, although I technically belong to several minority groups, I don't get into the "we've suffered so much therefore let us do and say what we want" thing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:18:08 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »

The Rav i know told me that there isn't a "correct" English transliteration of Hebrew characters and that many different Jews spell it all different ways in English. Hes a Jewish Rabbi and he spells things all over the place.

The only real difference is between Ashkenazi and Sephardi pronunciation, neither of which pronounce "glatt" as "glut".

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2011, 06:17:39 PM »

I don't get into the "we've suffered so much" thing.

There's a multi-page thread you started that says otherwise.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »

I don't get into the "we've suffered so much" thing.

There's a multi-page thread you started that says otherwise.

I'm referring to ethnic and racial minorities, not religious disagreements or questions.

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »

How often is Jesus or Christians or Christianity mentioned in Worship Services at the Synagogue? Zero..Never.. Not done...
Well, I don't know how you define worship service. But
I was at a reformed Jewish service and Christianity was mentioned once by a member of the congregation and Jesus was mentioned once by the rabbi. Maybe this was not technically part of the worship service, but still it was during the time scheduled for the service. The members of the congregation were asked to introduce themselves and one member said she was from a mixed family, one member Jewish and the other Christian. However, she considered herself Jewish, even though her family members were practicing Catholics.
At the end, the rabbi said that a Jew cannot believe in Jesus.
This was a very minor part of the whole discussion, and it was very respectful, but still it did take place.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:43:24 PM by stanley123 » Logged
Philoumenos

« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »

The conspiracy types here like to post almost entirely in Free-for-All and the private fora. Not just the occasional thread, but the majority of their posts. There's a reason for that. Those sections are seldom regulated (not a criticism, just a fact).

That right there tells you quite a bit.  Roll Eyes

There still are some really interesting individuals  Tongue who think there was no flight to the Moon and the whole thing was faked. One of them came up to John Glenn and started to bother him. John punched him right in the face.

I noticed you didn't answer me. Why? Because facts can't be refuted - only ridiculed.

This thread was moved here to the 'Free-for-all' area (and given a provocative and inaccurate title of "Jew Bashing") from a thread about the destruction of Orthodox Christian sites in Jerusalem by the Jewish state.

Oh and the 'Free-for-all' section is specifically for "Discussion of hot topics that may be of a polemical nature"... You think that might have anything to do with it?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:45:29 PM by Philoumenos » Logged

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »

How often is Jesus or Christians or Christianity mentioned in Worship Services at the Synagogue? Zero..Never.. Not done...
This is an outright lie.
I was at a reformed Jewish service and Christianity was mentioned once by a member of the congregation and Jesus was mentioned once by the rabbi.
The members of the congregation were asked to introduce themselves and one member said she was from a mixed family, one member Jewish and the other Christian. However, she considered herself Jewish, even though her family members were practicing Catholics.
This was a very minor part of the whole discussion, and it was very respectful, but still it did take place.

I have sat through MANY Orthodox Jewish services...Shacharis, Mincha, Maariv, Yom Kippur, Rosh haShanah, Sukkos, Simchas Torah...ALL of them...in the course of my life, since childhood. And not once did I ever hear Jesus mentioned, for the good or for the bad. There are parts in the service where the WORD "yeshua" is used, but it simply means "salvation".

Now, granted, in the Orthodox Shacharis service (morning), there is a prayer against minim (heretics), and I know some have claimed that means Christians, but it doesn't really. Not GENTILES who become Christians, anyway. It did include JEWS who had become Christians, but it actually means ANYONE who is Jewish and joins ANY other nonJewish religion.

As for the non-Orthodox Jewish sects, I have no ides what they do since I've never been in one of their places of worship.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:45:50 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »

This is an outright lie.
I was at a reformed Jewish service and Christianity was mentioned once by a member of the congregation and Jesus was mentioned once by the rabbi.
The members of the congregation were asked to introduce themselves and one member said she was from a mixed family, one member Jewish and the other Christian. However, she considered herself Jewish, even though her family members were practicing Catholics.

I have sat through MANY Orthodox Jewish services...Shacharis, Mincha, Maariv, Yom Kippur, Rosh haShanah, Sukkos, Simchas Torah...ALL of them...in the course of my life, since childhood. And not once did I ever hear Jesus mentioned, for the good or for the bad. There are parts in the service where the WORD "yeshua" is used, but it simply means "salvation".

Now, granted, in the Orthodox Shacharit service (morning), there is a prayer against minim (heretics), and I know some have claimed that means Christians, but it doesn't really. Not GENTILES who become Christians, anyway. It did include JEWS who had become Christians, but it actually means ANYONE who is Jewish and joins ANY other nonJewish religion.

As for the non-Orthodox Jewish sects, I have no ides what they do since I've never been in one of their places of worship.
I changed the statement, after you had quoted it here, since I don't know if the discussion I referred to was technically part of the worship service, although it was during the time scheduled for such. And it was in a Reformed Jewish house of worship. Obviously this would not be an Orthodox Jewish service.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:48:15 PM by stanley123 » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2011, 06:49:27 PM »

I didn't waste time 'refuting' Philoumenos' 'theory' for the same reason my Astronomy professor never dealt with the claims that the Moon is made out of green cheese.

There is no need to refute something that was never true in the first place. B.S. stands self-refuted.

Roll Eyes

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:52 PM »

Tell me:  Who does run the Federal Reserve?
WHITE PEOPLE!

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
Philoumenos

« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »

Tell me:  Who does run the Federal Reserve?
WHITE PEOPLE!

Names, positions?

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »

Um, everyone on the Fed Board is white. They are clearly keeping blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and Native Americans from having any access to the banks.

Three of them are women, actually. Pretty sweet. So, white women.

--
--
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »

I didn't waste time 'refuting' Philoumenos' 'theory' for the same reason my Astronomy professor never dealt with the claims that the Moon is made out of green cheese.

There is no need to refute something that was never true in the first place. B.S. stands self-refuted.

Roll Eyes

That is a pretty nonsensical statement. How can you refute something that is true? The only refutable things are the falsities. I suspect that what you meant to say was "I have never read about or researched the subjects you are talking about and am quite frustrated that I can't prove you wrong". Don't to feel to bad, however. The vast majority of us were brainwashed at a young age. In fact, I used to think exactly like you do. It's time, however, to wake up and come to grips with the harsh reality.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #215 on: July 12, 2011, 07:13:43 PM »

I maintain that the only thing Philoumenos does with his rambling conspiracy posts is embarrass himself.

It's sad.

What I meant to say is exactly what I said.

spcasuncoast.org
Tallitot
Warned
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:55 PM »

Oh? I guess you've got "the majority of Jews" in your kitchen over there with you do you?

It's well documented that even in Israel, the "Jewish state", 80% of people identifying as Jews are secular and generally do not care for the Talmud, the object of study of the disparaged Orthodox Jewish minority.

Or at least that's what they want you to think. Regardless. It's a Talmudic culture; it's a worldview:

'Feeling the Hate in Jerusalem' by Max Blumenthal (PROFANITY)

Listen to the guy give out a fake Auschwitz number... Ha!

Again, even if this quote were authentic (and there's no primary sources for it -- The Creature from Jekyll Island is book from 1998 written by a conspiracy theorist and published by a non-academic press), how does it support the idea of a global conspiracy of "the Jews"?

Really?

Maybe you should look into the history of the Rothschilds (RedShields) and their ilk around the world in recent history a little first.

Yeah. I think so.
Funny thing is the anti-Obama rants in the video are the same thing you'd hear in a bar here in VA

Proverbs 22:7
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »

This thread makes me really want a drink.  Wink Cheesy

spcasuncoast.org
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »

Just seems....curious.

Actually my only brother is Gay.. Maybe we can introduce them.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »

And one more thing ( then we can start drinking).

It's interesting how you (Xenia) think because Rocor is considered strict or Traditional that it is further away from Judaism.

Judaism and Orthodox Christianity are not at two opposite poles. Your wrong assumption may be that the more Orthodox Christian you are, the less you share commonalities with Judaism. Just the opposite is more likely the case. The more Protestant-like you are,  the less similar to Judaism. 

The fact is that Christianity is organically linked to Judaism. The more Traditional your piety the more the two resemble each other.
You may be visiting a more Modernist Orthodox Church, I dont know. But the more Traditionalist you get the more the Church and Synagogue look like each other...It only stands to reason that they would. They are strikingly similar in term of Ethos. That is not to ignore the life and death seriousness of our Theological differences.

Okay..I'm done now.

akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »

This thread makes me really want a drink.  Wink Cheesy

I'm down.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »

I took a look at the Forbes 400 top Wealthiest Americans. I could pick out six or seven Jewish names.

If you looked into the 30 or 40 top Insurance Companies how many CEO's are Jews?
If you looked into the top 30 or 40 banks, how many CEO's are Jews?
If you looked into the top 30 or 40 Largest Corporations, how may CEO's are Jews?

answer: Only a few. however I bet most are Protestants.. Is there a Protestant Conspiracy because they control so much wealth and power? Do they communicate with each other and have a secret agenda....?

Of course not. Ridiculous.. Just because there are some powerful Jewish Bankers or Bushiness People or there are Jews in our Government does not mean there is a World Wide Conspiracy. I think you will find that Jewish Capitalists serve the interests of their Class just like all the rest of the Mega Rich most of whom are not Jews.

Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:31 PM »

The only real difference is between Ashkenazi and Sephardi pronunciation, neither of which pronounce "glatt" as "glut".

yeah thas why i didn't say "pronounce" i said transliterate
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2011, 11:19:24 PM »

And one more thing ( then we can start drinking).

It's interesting how you (Xenia) think because Rocor is considered strict or Traditional that it is further away from Judaism.

Judaism and Orthodox Christianity are not at two opposite poles. Your wrong assumption may be that the more Orthodox Christian you are, the less you share commonalities with Judaism. Just the opposite is more likely the case. The more Protestant-like you are,  the less similar to Judaism.  

The fact is that Christianity is organically linked to Judaism. The more Traditional your piety the more the two resemble each other.
You may be visiting a more Modernist Orthodox Church, I dont know. But the more Traditionalist you get the more the Church and Synagogue look like each other...It only stands to reason that they would. They are strikingly similar in term of Ethos. That is not to ignore the life and death seriousness of our Theological differences.

Okay..I'm done now.

No, I did not say that because ROCOR is stricter they are further from Judaism. I never said or meant that. I was simply referring to the fact that ROCOR has long been a haven for Russian monarchists and others, who often tend to dislike Bolsheviks, many of whom, in Russia, were of Jewish birth. And knowing of the deep hatred many Russian Jews of the time had for Tsar Nicholas II (and ROCOR canonized them as Passion bearers), I couldn't see why a Jew *who still maintains a deep obvious attachment to his Jewish heritage* would feel comfortable there. Like I said previously, it would be like a Jewish convert *who maintains a very deep connection to his Jewish heritage* becoming involved with something like the sedevacantist wing of the Traditionalist RC movement, which has a long history of attracting and harboring people who don't like Jews and believe in Jewish conspiracies.

The Orthodox Faith, esp. the Liturgy, is very, very much like the ANCIENT Jewish/Israelite religion, in many ways. My comments had nothing to do with that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:22:31 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2011, 12:58:43 AM »

Roll Eyes

Forgive my sins.
Tags: Jews anti-Semitism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: