OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 05:43:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 17301 times) Average Rating: 0
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« on: June 27, 2011, 09:18:11 AM »

CONTEXT: This thread started here: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,29519.msg597836.html#msg597836  -PtA

I'm going to send this link to a Coptic friend of mine who couldn't believe that Israel will destroy Christian sites as well when they get the chance.

The propganda the zionists and their willing henchmen ("Christian" zionists) spread in America and elsewhere is that they are the protectors of Christian holy sites. Ha!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:59:22 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »

(Sigh) This constant desire by some posters here to paint Israel (code word for "Jews") in the worst, most evil ways, making them the villains whenever possible, is one big reason I've held back from converting to EO.  I'm hoping this is primarily an "Internet Orthodox" thing and not part of mainstream Orthodoxy, but threads like this make me wonder. Sad

I was born and raised an Orthodox Jew, and I have never been a zionist. Did you know that the most religious Jews are antizionist, for theological reasons? "Zionist" is not always a code word for "Jew", not when there are religious Jews, and Jewish Christians like me, who are also antizionist.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »

Perhaps they're not. Smiley

As I said in my previous post, I was born and raised an Orthodox Jew, was raised in an Orthodox Jewish community, and in fact, still reside in one now. I know what Jews think from the inside.

Do you have ANY idea what many Jews say behind the backs of Christians? I do....and in fact it was one reason why I eventually drifted toward Christianity.

I was taught in Hebrew school that "love your neighbor as yourself" only applies to other Jews. I was taught that when Moshiach comes, Jews will be in charge and Gentiles will be their servants.

Like many Christians, you have a naive attitude toward Jews because you don't know what they really say and think about you.

BoredMeeting
Loving the Life of a Council Member
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox/OCA

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »

Father Atallah Hanna? Hmmm, where do I remember that name from?
Philoumenos
Wishes Jews Would Come to Christ

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »

As I said in my previous post, I was born and raised an Orthodox Jew, was raised in an Orthodox Jewish community, and in fact, still reside in one now. I know what Jews think from the inside.

Do you have ANY idea what many Jews say behind the backs of Christians? I do....and in fact it was one reason why I eventually drifted toward Christianity.

I was taught in Hebrew school that "love your neighbor as yourself" only applies to other Jews. I was taught that when Moshiach comes, Jews will be in charge and Gentiles will be their servants.

Like many Christians, you have a naive attitude toward Jews because you don't know what they really say and think about you.

Thank you for your honesty here!

This is a truth that American Christians are largely unaware of. American Orthodoxy needs you!

I think if anyone but you had written that there would be an uproar here!

What is your opinion of Br. Nathanael Kapner @ http://www.realzionistnews.com ?

Thanks

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »

You left out some of the info from the article I linked - namely that part of the reasom for all the new construction is because of the large influx of tourists to the area and efforts to accommodate them with bathrooms, parking lots, etc.  Not necessarily an intentional attempt to obliterate Christian artifacts, as seems to be implied by some.

Same old agenda. Same old half of the facts reporting.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »

The goys would be quite surprised to hear indeed, especially our resident philozionists.

EDIT: No one get smart with me about the plural of goy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:00:18 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »

Why would we care about him? He is NOT even an Orthodox Christian!!!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:02:44 PM by PoorFoolNicholas » Logged
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »

Xenia, I appreciate your perspective.  Glad to have you on here.

Indeed.  Let's not ruin discussion with that guy's insanity and embarrassing, false representation of Orthodoxy. 

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Philoumenos

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 02:50:57 AM »

Says who?

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 02:02:15 AM »

Says who?
Seconded.

PoorFoolNicholas : If we are going to start making accusations concerning an individual's Orthodoxy, we should at least come with evidence to support these claims. What leads you to believe that Br. Nathanael is not an Orthodox Christian?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:02:50 AM by Ioannis Climacus » Logged

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Philoumenos

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 03:29:58 AM »

Says who?
Seconded.

PoorFoolNicholas : If we are going to start making accusations concerning an individual's Orthodoxy, we should at least come with evidence to support these claims. What leads you to believe that Br. Nathanael is not an Orthodox Christian?

Thanks.

I would also add that I was specifically asking Xenia1918 what her opinion was.

It peeves me when people try to set the parameters of someone else's discussion. Now her response (if she responds at all) will likely take these interjected opinions into account.

If I were a judge I would have to admonish Xenia1918 to disregard the statements of PoorFoolNicholas and Cognomen when rendering her verdict.

Being of a Judaic background, Xenia1918 (and also Br. Nathanael for that matter) know firsthand things that PFN and Cognomen DO NOT and cannot know because these things are hidden from them.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:31:47 AM by Philoumenos » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »

Says who?
Seconded.

Thanks.

It peeves me when people try to set the parameters of someone else's discussion. Now her response (if she responds at all) will likely take these interjected opinions into account.

If I were a judge I would have to admonish Xenia1918 to disregard the statements of PoorFoolNicholas and Cognomen when rendering her verdict.

Being of a Judaic background, Xenia1918 (and also Br. Nathanael for that matter) know firsthand things that PFN and Cognomen DO NOT and cannot know because these things are hidden from them.

There are several people on this board with Jewish Ancestry.. One or two may really surprise you. Her perspective is not universally held. I would not bestow her with any great creditability or as having any special inside info. She is just singing to the choir  IMHO

Let's start at the beginning:

Hate = Bad

Love = Good

Thanx
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:42:26 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »

He is a member of a ROCOR-like Church but he is not a Monk.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 02:48:47 PM »

Thank you for your honesty here!

This is a truth that American Christians are largely unaware of. American Orthodoxy needs you!

I think if anyone but you had written that there would be an uproar here!

Thanks

I know, which is why I felt I should say it. Smiley

As for Bro Nathanael, I actually spoke to him on the phone when I first became interested in Orthodoxy. I wanted to find out what made him so angry about Judaism, and I was wondering if it was some of the same things I learned. Turned out it was a totally different set of issues with him. PERSONALLY, I think the way he goes about his website is not very charitable, even if much of the info is true/ But after speaking to him and reading much of his site, I understand why he feels as strongly as he does.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:55:29 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Philoumenos

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »

Says who?
Seconded.

Thanks.

There are several people on this board with Jewish Ancestry.. One or two may really surprise you. Her perspective is not universally held. I would not bestow her with any great creditability or as having any special inside info. She is just singing to the choir  IMHO

Let's start at the beginning:

Hate = Bad

Love = Good

Thanx

Her credibility is good with me. I've seen her exhibit here great honesty in admitting that the Jews are not only the eternal victim as the majority would have us believe.

Looking through some of your past posts I cannot say the same for you. You are clearly an apologist for the genocidal Jewish state. Jews are always the good guys according to you, and always the victims.

What choir is she singing to? Let me guess - the ever antisemitic Christians right?

Have you ever considered that what you call antisemitism might actually be a reaction to rampant Jewish antigentilism and anti-Christianity? Seems like you haven't. Perhaps you should.

According to your view, it's always been the Christians who have been antisemitic, hateful liars and the Jews have never been anti-Christian, and are always loving and 100% truthful, right?

I fully agree that hate is bad. Pointing out and exposing the largely hidden and two-faced hatred espoused in the beliefs and teachings of the Jews for however does not constitute a reciprocal hatred toward them.

Christians are taught to love their enemies and that everyone (including a Jew) can be a "neighbor."

Jews are taught (as Xenia1918 bravely admits) that only other Jews are called "neighbor", and that only Jews are called "men" in the Old Testament.

Maybe that's why those who you have deemed "Gentiles scare" you.

You've been taught a bunch of nonsense and lies.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 07:57:08 PM »

Sigh... do you have to be very virulently for or against something, to post about news and politics on this site? Are you allowed to have an opinion which falls short of calling whole groups or countries evil and the Antichrist and so on?  Undecided

Standard disclaimer: I'm not perfect either. Still... yipes.   Tongue

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:57:49 PM by biro » Logged

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 08:35:16 PM »

What choir is she singing to? Let me guess - the ever antisemitic Christians right?

Umm..yeah.. got me..pretty much

Have you ever considered that what you call antisemitism might actually be a reaction to rampant Jewish antigentilism and anti-Christianity? Seems like you haven't. Perhaps you should.

I think not.

Remember, getting an exorcism is always is an option for you..Just a friendly suggestion.  Consider it

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »

You said you were scared of Clowns.

Ever been spit on by one?

Denied public accommodation?

Ever had a Clown beat you up?

Probably not.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »

He is a member of a ROCOR-like Church.

What is a ROCOR-like Church?

but he is not a Monk.

Would his defenders care to correct, comment on, or defend his apparent monastic charade?

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »

Its a shame that Brother Nathanael acts so "out there", because a lot of what he says on his site is true, or at least has a basis in the truth.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »

I just took some time and looked at "Brother Nathanial's" web page and viewed a couple of his video's.

Oh yeah.. He's sane.

Btw. The first Video was called "My Life as an Orthodox Monk".. He copped ( American Slang for Stole) clips from the recent 60 minutes documentary about Mt. Athos... I wonder why he didn't have pix of his own place? I wonder if CBS gave him permission to use their clips...   I'm thinking not.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:58:52 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »

I think not.

Remember, getting an exorcism is always is an option for you..Just a friendly suggestion.  Consider it

Because if you don't think the Jews are better than all other races you are the devil...  Roll Eyes

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »

Probably not.

You're right, they arent better than Jews...but Jews are better than them!  angel

Forgive my sins.
Philoumenos

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »

What is and has been, in your opinion the root cause of the Christian "antisemitism" which you perceive?

I think not.

That's the standard Jewish type reply when the tables are turned: insinuations of insanity and demonic possession. I thought you were a Christian though. Why do you defend the wrongs of the Judaists while accusing your fellow Christians?

Do you deny that many, many Jews (and certainly their Talmudic teachings) are in fact antigentile & especially anti-Jesus and anti-Christian?

Nah, you're getting me confused with Primuspilus.

No. But Christians are regularly spit upon by Jews in the Holy Land.

Blacks (and especially non-Jews) are second class citizens in the Jewish state.

Israel Accused of Discrimination

Probably not.

No. But even if I had - it wouldn't make me "scared" of them.

People of all stripes get beat-up every day.

Are you telling us that you were beat up for no other reason than the fact that you were a Jew?

Christians have been killed by Jews in the Jewish state only because they were Christian. Does this mean all Christians are now  justified in being "scared" of all Israeli Jews?

I just took some time and looked at "Brother Nathanial's" web page and viewed a couple of his video's.

Oh yeah.. He's sane.

There you go with accusations of insanity. I guess he needs an exorcism too huh? And Xenia1918 now needs one as well, right?

Btw. The first Video was called "My Life as an Orthodox Monk".. He copped ( American Slang for Stole) clips from the recent 60 minutes documentary about Mt. Athos... I wonder why he didn't have pix of his own place? I wonder if CBS gave him permission to use their clips...   I'm thinking not.

Yes, how dare Br. Nathanael not have video documentation of himself in a monastery from ten years ago?

As for the clips from 60 Minutes - ever heard of 'Fair Use'?

Quote from: Wikipedia
Fair use, a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work, is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

BTW, did you see this video by Br. Nathanael?

Mt Athos Prophecies On ‘666′

I guess you'll say that Elder Paisios was insane & needed an exorcism also will you?

Also, Michał Kalina stated that Br. Nathanael is not a monk.

Here from Br. Nathanael:

I started my monastic “communal” career in a Greek Orthodox Monastery at the age of 46 in 1996 until 2005 when Christ called me into a public ministry.

But I still maintain a monastic life complete with a prayer rule as assigned to me by my Superiors which includes fasting, a one-meal-a-day Vegan diet, 2 hours of the Jesus Prayer daily, prostrations and Spiritual reading (no Television viewing.)

I believe he refers to himself now as "a monk in the world".

He's a member of the ROCOR.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 09:11:52 PM »

I think not.

Because if you don't think the Jews are better than all other races you are the devil...  Roll Eyes

No..when you have a Demon influencing you, you should condiser getting rid of it.

Also, when your World View starts to resemble that of the Ku Lux Klan it  may be time to re-evaluate......IMHO

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »

What is and has been, in your opinion the root cause of the Christian "antisemitism" which you perceive?

I think not.

Remember, getting an exorcism is always is an option for you..Just a friendly suggestion.  Consider it

That's the standard Jewish type reply when the tables are turned: insinuations of insanity and demonic possession. I thought you were a Christian though. Why do you defend the wrongs of the Judaists while accusing your fellow Christians?

Do you deny that many, many Jews (and certainly their Talmudic teachings) are in fact antigentile & especially anti-Jesus and anti-Christian?

Probably not.

Are you telling us that you were beat up for no other reason than the fact that you were a Jew?

Christians have been killed by Jews in the Jewish state only because they were Christian. Does this mean all Christians are now  justified in being "scared" of all Israeli Jews?

Oh yeah.. He's sane.

There you go with accusations of insanity. I guess he needs an exorcism too huh? And Xenia1918 now needs one as well, right?

Btw. The first Video was called "My Life as an Orthodox Monk".. He copped ( American Slang for Stole) clips from the recent 60 minutes documentary about Mt. Athos... I wonder why he didn't have pix of his own place? I wonder if CBS gave him permission to use their clips...   I'm thinking not.

Yes, how dare Br. Nathanael not have video documentation of himself in a monastery from ten years ago?

Fair use, a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work, is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship.

I guess you'll say that Elder Paisios was insane & needed an exorcism also will you?

Here from Br. Nathanael:

I started my monastic “communal” career in a Greek Orthodox Monastery at the age of 46 in 1996 until 2005 when Christ called me into a public ministry.

But I still maintain a monastic life complete with a prayer rule as assigned to me by my Superiors which includes fasting, a one-meal-a-day Vegan diet, 2 hours of the Jesus Prayer daily, prostrations and Spiritual reading (no Television viewing.)

Oh sorry, I'm not going to do this little dance with you...As I have said to other people who have your view point, your ideas are so self evidently false that to debate them in any detail is to dignify  them far beyond their value..

Anyone who can look at the trash this Brother Nathanial spews out and think he's on the right track needs to visit a mental health professional.

I wrote to the CBS legal department and let them know this Antisemitic Nut had stolen their 60 Minutes clips...Don't thank me

I was with the Rocor Metropolitan just a couple of weeks ago and I am able to correspond with him and the Bishop will be visiting soon too. I will make it my business to see what they can do about him. I seriously doubt he is in good standing in Rocor... But we shall see.

Thanks for putting me on to him.. I intend to be tenacious.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:51:11 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »

Its true that Jews often use the "mental illness" charge, esp. when a Jew converts to Christianity. I've noticed that quite a bit. The reason for this is because in modern times, most Jews cannot understand why another Jew would become a Christian. In the "old days", they often did it to better their employment situation, their standing in (European) society, to avoid persecution, and so forth.

But in modern times, when Jews are not persecuted as they were in times past, a Jew cannot understand why another Jew would do it, if (as they see it) he has nothing monetary to gain by it. Hence, the "mental illness" charge. They simply cannot for a moment think that perhaps a Jew has decided---in sincerity--to accept Christ.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:30:15 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 09:49:23 PM »

Its true that Jews often use the "mental illness" charge, esp. when a Jew converts to Christianity. I've noticed that quite a bit. The reason for this is because in modern times, most Jews cannot understand why another Jew would become a Christian. In the "old days", they often did it to better their employment situation, their standing in (European) society, to avoid persecution, and so forth.

But in modern times, when Jews are not persecuted as they were in times past, a Jew cannot understand why another Jew would do it, if (as they see it) he has nothing monetary to gain by it. Hence, the "mental illness" charge. They simply cannot for a moment think that perhaps a Jew has decided---in sincerity--to accept Christ.

Hello...Earth to Xenia.

I'm a Jew who converted to Christianity...Try to keep up dear.

If you have been getting lots of suggestions to get some help, your conversion may not be the only issue.

Philoumenos

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »

I think not.

Remember, getting an exorcism is always is an option for you..Just a friendly suggestion.  Consider it

Probably not.

Christians have been killed by Jews in the Jewish state only because they were Christian. Does this mean all Christians are now  justified in being "scared" of all Israeli Jews?

Oh yeah.. He's sane.

Here from Br. Nathanael:

Oh sorry, I'm not going to do this little dance with you...As I have said to other people who have your view point, your ideas are so self evidently false that to debate them in any detail is to dignify  them far beyond their value..

Anyone who can look at the trash this Brother Nathanial spews out and think he's on the right track needs to visit a mental health professional.

I wrote to the CBS legal department and let them know this Antisemitic Nut had stolen their 60 Minutes clips...Don't thank me

I was with the Rocor Metropolitan just a couple of weeks ago and I am able to correspond with him and the Bishop will be visiting soon too. I will make it my business to see what they can do about him. I seriously doubt he is in good standing in Rocor... But we shall see.

Your refusal to "dance" is typical and very telling. Why start a discussion you don't intend to finish? IOW - you lose.

Didn't you learn in grade school that no one (not even the teachers) likes a tattletale?

And what was it about the "Fair Use" doctrine of exception that you didn't understand?

Anyhow, good luck with your newfound "mission". Do keep us updated on your progress won't you?

I'll not be holding my breath.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »

Hello...Earth to Xenia.

If you have been getting lots of suggestions to get some help, your conversion may not be the only issue.
Actually, no one has suggested I have mental issues, but then, I have not yet told anyone I know who is Jewish that I am converting to Orthodoxy. I'm sure if I told them, they would start making that accusation. Its very common when Jews seek to become Christians. Either that, or they claim the person in question "was Jewishly uneducated anyway" (something they cannot say about me.)

Incidentally, are you certain you have become a Christian? Your attitude to me is very much like that of a secular Jew....snide, cocky and sarcastic. Why is that? I don't appreciate your "earth to Xenia" attitude, or your "do try to keep up, dear" comments.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:49:57 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »

I think not.

Probably not.

Oh yeah.. He's sane.

Here from Br. Nathanael:

Your refusal to "dance" is typical and very telling. Why start a discussion you don't intend to finish? IOW - you lose.

Didn't you learn in grade school that no one (not even the teachers) likes a tattletale?

And what was it about the "Fair Use" doctrine of exception that you didn't understand?

Anyhow, good luck with your newfound "mission". Do keep us updated on your progress won't you?

I'll not be holding my breath.

You're new here. I've challenge bigots a dozen times on this board.They come and go.. Rest assured I can hold my own.. If my mood changes I'll let you know. Too much anger involved. Feel free to beleive whatever crack-pot theory floats your boat.

I maintain that such extremely bigoted views dont get a seat at the table. Your idea;s are beyond the pale and need to simply be waived off as unhealthy and not serious. 

I will let let you know what I find out about that guy. I wonder what constitutes "Membership" in Rocor. You already admitted he doesn't really belong to a Monastery... Duh.  What Abbot would put up with such vileness? Does he belong to a Parish? Does he Tithe Rocor ?.. How does he belong to Rocor?

I bet they have never heard of him.  He is an object of Pity IMHO..Prayers for him.

Yes..Please declare yourself the winner... I default.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »

Hello...Earth to Xenia.

Actually, no one has suggested I have mental issues, but then, I have not yet told anyone I know who is Jewish that I am converting to Orthodoxy. I'm sure if I told them, they would start making that accusation. Its very common when Jews seek to become Christians. Either that, or they claim the person in question "was Jewishly uneducated anyway" (something they cannot say about me.)

Incidentally, are you certain you have become a Christian? Your attitude to me is very much like that of a secular Jew....snide, cocky and sarcastic. Why is that? I don't appreciate your "earth to Xenia" attitude, or your "do try to keep up, dear" comments.

So let me try to understand. You are not actually an Orthodox Christian. Okay, good luck with that. So no one has actually accused you of being Crazy for converting because you have not really converted yet.. Your just speculating on the reaction.. I see.

Yes, I am baptized and alter serve and I am the Warden of my Parish.

Yes, the snide, snarky stuff is definitely borne of my personal style. I also have a low tolerance for fools...

CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »

Actually, no one has suggested I have mental issues, but then, I have not yet told anyone I know who is Jewish that I am converting to Orthodoxy. I'm sure if I told them, they would start making that accusation.

For years now on this board and others a range of Orthodox without any link to Judaism have suggested that Brother Nathanael is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. In fact, I believe Brother Nathanael was banned here too by our trusty moderators. Stop looking for a Jewish conspiracy everywhere.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:56:48 PM by CRCulver » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 01:10:10 PM »

I think not.

No..when you have a Demon influencing you, you should condiser getting rid of it.

Also, when your World View starts to resemble that of the Ku Lux Klan it  may be time to re-evaluate......IMHO

You're right! I forgot about that faulty genes gentiles have that make them do bad things. Jewish people would never ever do bad things. So if we critique any group of Jews (not for their religion or race, but for their actions) then we "hate" Jews? Because that is what you accuse people of.

Forgive my sins.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »

I think not.

You're right! I forgot about that faulty genes gentiles have that make them do bad things. Jewish people would never ever do bad things. So if we critique any group of Jews (not for their religion or race, but for their actions) then we "hate" Jews? Because that is what you accuse people of.

Welcome back....You're going to like playing with the new kids....Try not to ramble

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »

I'm not a Jew and I'm not a fan of Zionism either but Marc's characterization of "Br. Nathanael" seems spot on to me.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »

^ Seconded.

Let's hypothetically assume that Br. Nathanael's assertions are correct (which very few authorities on these subjects believe).  Does anyone think he's actually presenting his case in a responsible, persuasive way?  Instead, I'm inclined to believe that he's doing a fine job of embarrassing Orthodox Christianity.

He may be a great person; I don't know, but I cringe seeing him (or anyone really) present his "case" in that way.  He's not a monk, he should not be wearing monastic clothing and claiming to be one.  He comes off to most as a caricature of a loony, "Orthodox," conspiracy oriented oddball. 

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »

Hello...Earth to Xenia.

So let me try to understand. You are not actually an Orthodox Christian. Okay, good luck with that. So no one has actually accused you of being Crazy for converting because you have not really converted yet.. Your just speculating on the reaction.. I see.

Yes, I am baptized and alter serve and I am the Warden of my Parish.

Yes, the snide, snarky stuff is definitely borne of my personal style. I also have a low tolerance for fools...

I am a believing Christian (once baptized Roman Catholic), and will be an Orthodox Christian in two weeks after chrismation.

You may be baptized but you don't act like a Christian. I have known true Christians and one trait that is common in those I know is humility. Oh, and they also don't personally insult people either.

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »

^ Seconded.

Let's hypothetically assume that Br. Nathanael's assertions are correct (which very few authorities on these subjects believe).  Does anyone think he's actually presenting his case in a responsible, persuasive way?  Instead, I'm inclined to believe that he's doing a fine job of embarrassing Orthodox Christianity.

He may be a great person; I don't know, but I cringe seeing him (or anyone really) present his "case" in that way.  He's not a monk, he should not be wearing monastic clothing and claiming to be one.  He comes off to most as a caricature of a loony, "Orthodox," conspiracy oriented oddball. 

My problem with Bro. Nathanael is not so much what he says, but how he presents it. Unfortunately he makes Orthodox Christians look like crackpots. There is a Japanese Orthodox guy online who also has a blog (I forget his name offhand) who is just as bad.

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »

Brother Nathanael is what the Church calls a fool-for-Christ or a Holy Fool.

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Fool-for-Christ

"One form of the ascetic Christian life is called foolishness for the sake of Christ. The fool-for-Christ set for himself the task of battling within himself the root of all sin, pride. In order to accomplish this he took on an unusual style of life, appearing as someone bereft of his mental faculties, thus bringing upon himself the ridicule of others. In addition he exposed the evil in the world through metaphorical and symbolic words and actions. He took this ascetic endeavor upon himself in order to humble himself and to also more effectively influence others, since most people respond to the usual ordinary sermon with indifference. The spiritual feat of foolishness for Christ was especially widespread in Russia. --(Excerpted from The Law of God, Holy Trinity Monastery, Jordanville, NY: 1993)"

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »

That's a pathetically lame way of trying to excuse his behavior. His acts have very little to do with the old Russian tradition (which is about as defunct as the order of diaconesses).
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »

That's a pathetically lame way of trying to excuse his behavior. His acts have very little to do with the old Russian tradition (which is about as defunct as the order of diaconesses).
How in the world is it "defunct"? It's not even a position or office within the Church. Such things depend on the character of the individual and his determination to follow Christ in a seemingly bizarre manner.

Have you considered the possibility that fools-for-Christ are present in the modern Church, but you fail to recognize them (as did those who scoffed and mocked the Holy Fools throughout ages past)?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:26:06 PM by Ioannis Climacus » Logged

Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »

How in the world is it "defunct"? It's not even a position or office within the Church. Such things depend on the character of the individual and his determination to follow Christ in a seemingly bizarre manner.

Have you considered the possibility that fools-for-Christ are present in the modern Church, but you fail to recognize them (as did those who scoffed and mocked the Holy Fools throughout ages past)?

Well, if he is serving as a Fool for Christ, he seems to be doing a good job of it.

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »

How in the world is it "defunct"?

Even in conservative Russian circles the holy fool is viewed as something from at least three centuries ago. The archetype may continue to appear in literature or film, but it is not considered part of contemporary Orthodoxy. Someone trying to revive it will probably have some problems with his bishop.

Just because someone expresses what he claims are Orthodox beliefs and does so in a seemingly irrational way does not make him a holy fool. Some people are not just seemingly mad, but truly mad.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:33:48 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Tags: Jews anti-Semitism 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: