OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 11:50:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Constantly Evolving Theology - Scott Hahn  (Read 6166 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« on: July 08, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »

Scott Hahn has been quoted saying that Orthodoxy is deficient because its theology is stagnant.

The implication would seem to be that Roman Catholic theology is superior since it is always in a state of evolution.

Is the Roman Catholic institution unique in this respect?

Does Buddhist teaching constantly evolve?  Judaism?  Islam?

Do people here believe that constantly evolving theology is a necessary mark of the true Church?
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »

Of course, Father, just as St. Jude wrote:"contend earnestly for the faith which is delivered over and ove again in revisions to the saints"

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »

Of course, Father, just as St. Jude wrote:"contend earnestly for the faith which is delivered over and ove again in revisions to the saints"

Priceless. Need anything more be said? You da man!  laugh laugh
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:33:57 PM by LBK » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »

Theology should not change if God does not change.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »

And yet a Catholic would probably use the argument, that originally (as some have come to a consensus on).. Yahweh was worshipped as just one, among other gods.  Then the understanding of Yahweh developed into realizing that he is the Only God, and there are no others.  Then gradually as time passes.. the Son of God incarnates, a new understanding comes.. of seeing God as the Holy Trinity.  Not so much that these are complete changes from what was, but it builds on top of each other -- like the layers of a pyramid.. until you reach the nexus (who knows when that is).

Even the ecumenical councils themselves seem to point towards a development, as the Church must define what is the Orthodox teaching -- as beforehand, some individuals were not sure what the consensus was.  Perhaps this is why you had so many heresies floating hither and yonder.. back in the early days. 

What do you all think?

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 10:41:36 PM »

Even the ecumenical councils themselves seem to point towards a development, as the Church must define what is the Orthodox teaching -- as beforehand, some individuals were not sure what the consensus was.  Perhaps this is why you had so many heresies floating hither and yonder.. back in the early days. 

What do you all think?

Dear AveChriste,

There are some words written by Saint Vincent of Lerins which touch on what you are saying.

See message 306
at
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,29681.msg470869/topicseen.html#msg470869
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 10:45:50 PM »

And yet a Catholic would probably use the argument, that originally (as some have come to a consensus on).. Yahweh was worshipped as just one, among other gods.  Then the understanding of Yahweh developed into realizing that he is the Only God, and there are no others.  Then gradually as time passes.. the Son of God incarnates, a new understanding comes.. of seeing God as the Holy Trinity.  Not so much that these are complete changes from what was, but it builds on top of each other -- like the layers of a pyramid.. until you reach the nexus (who knows when that is).

What do you all think?

I think that the argument would not be solid in front of Abraham, who beheld Yaweh as three persons yet heard one voice.   We read several times that God said "let US..." (make man...go down...)  in Genesis.  Who is this "Us"?  Some say God was speaking to angels.  Did angels help create humans?  This is not possible.  Who is the "us"?  We find out who the us is when we get to the hospitality of Abraham, where the "Us" is three in number.  

So depends what you refer to as "development."  If clarification of what is already there is meant, then this is not development.  If layer upon layer of new material is meant, then this is not the Faith delivered once for all to the saints.    
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 10:50:35 PM »

What do you all think?
I would say the nexus is Christ on the Cross and everything else is bringing out the implications of that, as St. Vincent said. But this doesn't seem to be what Hahn is advocating. He seems to think the RC needs to be developing completely new doctrines, if I understand him.
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 10:52:59 PM »

Scott Hahn has been quoted saying that Orthodoxy is deficient because its theology is stagnant.

The implication would seem to be that Roman Catholic theology is superior since it is always in a state of evolution.

Is the Roman Catholic institution unique in this respect?

Does Buddhist teaching constantly evolve?  Judaism?
Buddhism maybe, Judaism definitely.
Nero

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »

Judaism is constantly evolving. The basis may have been the Torah and the Tanakh, but many other things have been added over time to make the Judaism we see today. Among them are the Talmud, codifications of Halakha (such as the Mishneh Torah), the Zohar for Chasidic and Kabbalah-practicing Jews, the Tanya, etc. And these are just a few in a sea of books.

But I absolutely agree that theology should not change if God does not.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:08:41 AM by Nero » Logged
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »

All religions change and develop over time, even if only on a cultural if not a theological level.  Sure Orthodox may believe in the same doctrines that she held a thousand years ago, but the way those doctrines are presented to her faithful is probably different today then centuries ago.  Today there is much more emphasise in religion on man and his human needs.  Much more emphasise is placed on social justice, and building up Gods kingdom here on Earth as opposed to telling people to be content with their poverty and misery and wait till they die to get their reward. 

Also, much more pastoral approaches are used by clergy of all faiths today in regards to moral issues such as those dealing with human sexuality (Especially in the area of birth control) Then would have been common years ago. Priest these days are more prone to use Economia with their flocks in order to reconcile the teachings of the Church to people whose lives are often caught up in the modern world, with all its temptations and complexity. 

I personally like the new, more human developments that have taken place in religion then the more rigorous ways of yesteryear.

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 12:37:52 AM »

Theology should not change if God does not change.
But theology is something humans do, and humans do change.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 12:53:43 AM »

Theology is not synonymous with "the faith." Theology is the study of the the faith. As such, theology certainly can evolve because it is simply our understanding of the faith delivered once and for all to the saints.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »

The question is, do any of the Catholics on this forum actually agree with that criticism? (Granted Papist said that he agreed with Hahn's assessment of Orthodoxy; but he specifically excluded the stagnancy charge.) If not, then I think you're beating a dead horse.

I think what you fail to realize is that neoconservative Catholics -- the sort of Catholics who worry about Orthodoxy being "stagnant" -- make a big show of being "ecumenical" toward the Orthodox, but very few of them will come on this forum and actually talk to Orthodox. (I sometimes call it "the ecumenism of not talking".)

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »

Theology is not synonymous with "the faith." Theology is the study of the the faith. As such, theology certainly can evolve because it is simply our understanding of the faith delivered once and for all to the saints.
That sounds more Kantian than Christian. If "the Faith" is just this thing bracketed off somewhere "out there" where we can only imperfectly access it, then that kind of mocks RC (and Orthodox) attempts to arrive at an absolute source of religious knowledge.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »

That sounds more Kantian than Christian. If "the Faith" is just this thing bracketed off somewhere "out there" where we can only imperfectly access it, then that kind of mocks RC (and Orthodox) attempts to arrive at an absolute source of religious knowledge.
I would alter Wyatt's statement and say "God is not synonymous with 'the faith'".

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »

I think it's completely Christian. The Deposit of Faith was given and does not change, but our thinking about it does change.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »

I think it's completely Christian. The Deposit of Faith was given and does not change, but our thinking about it does change.
That's like saying the stove didn't burn you, the heat emitted by it did when your skin came into contact with it; a distinction without a difference.

And where do you draw the line? A "spiritually" resurrected Jesus? A only "metaphorically" virgin Theotokos? An "allegorical" Passion? Once you start shifting with the times, where does it stop? Any of the above could be written off by a Church determined to get with the times as "the same faith thought about a different way."
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 06:54:48 PM »

Do people here believe that constantly evolving theology is a necessary mark of the true Church?

No. I tend more to the traditionalist, or intentionalist, camp. I don't believe in a "living" Bible (or a "living" Constitution, for that matter). If something is living, it can be killed: up is down, left is right, white is black, slavery is freedom, evil is relative. Calls for institutional change, in my experience, usually originate from people who don't want to be limited by some aspect of the institution---sinners in this case---not those who are attempting to approve it. I don't see any modern prophets around, do you? Or theologians offering insight at the level of the Church Fathers. Only destroyers. Mankind tends to have a little too much hubris. I trust the Church Fathers. They were much closer to Christ and His divinity than I will ever hope to be.

I'd agree that the faith doesn't change, but that our feelings about it do. It's inevitable. But Orthodox Christianity has preserved for us eternal and unchanging aspirations which need no improvement. Any changing that is done is to be done by us---by me personally, internally.

In the last 50 years, under the influence of Saul Alinsky and his fellow travelers, half the Roman Catholic Church has evolved into what is, frankly, cheap crypto-Marxism. I don't regard that as an improvement, and it is killing their church. Their theology now wallows in the mud. I don't want to be fashionable with sinners; I want to be the best Christian I can be.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:10:57 PM by sainthieu » Logged
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 07:31:51 PM »

That's like saying the stove didn't burn you, the heat emitted by it did when your skin came into contact with it; a distinction without a difference.

And where do you draw the line? A "spiritually" resurrected Jesus? A only "metaphorically" virgin Theotokos? An "allegorical" Passion? Once you start shifting with the times, where does it stop? Any of the above could be written off by a Church determined to get with the times as "the same faith thought about a different way."
I completely disagree. There is definitely a difference between the revealed Truth and our understanding of that Truth.
wayseer
Disciple

Faith: No longer Anglican

- a student

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 07:54:20 PM »

The word 'evolving' is a loaded scientific term that has distinct meanings.   'Evolution' is a word appropriated by science to describe a particular set of natural circumstances none of which has to do with culture or society.

Religion is part of culture and culture is always changing.  Culture cannot not change.  It is continually under the process of change.  Most of that change is subtle and we hardly notice it happening.  At other time that change is so dramatic that we call it 'revolution' - an almost complete severance with the past.  We are undergoing such a change with respect to the 'information revolution'.

The claim that somehow the Orthodox Church has escaped change is unsustainable.  But what the Orthodox Church has managed to do is to manage the pace of that change - and it has done so effectively.

Not all those who wander are lost.
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »

I completely disagree. There is definitely a difference between the revealed Truth and our understanding of that Truth.
In theory, sure. But what is the practical difference between an "understanding" that changes like the wind, and a changing truth? As Kay from Men in Black put it, "2000 years ago, everybody knew the earth was flat. 500 years everybody knew the earth was the center of the universe and 5 minutes ago you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »

I never liked Scott Hahn or his brand of apologetics.  It seems as if he converted to Catholicism, yet still tries to act in the role of Protestant evangelist (Who preaches Catholicism).  Since he is neither a bishop or priest of the RCC and, as far as I know is not licensed to preach theology by the Vatican.  Why then should any person (Whether Catholic or Orthodox) Take him so seriously?

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »

In theory, sure. But what is the practical difference between an "understanding" that changes like the wind, and a changing truth?

It isn't obviously to you that if tomorrow I decide that grass is purple, then the truth won't have changed but only my belief?

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »

The question is, do any of the Catholics on this forum actually agree with that criticism? (Granted Papist said that he agreed with Hahn's assessment of Orthodoxy; but he specifically excluded the stagnancy charge.) If not, then I think you're beating a dead horse.

Well, it is certainly something which looms as important in your mind. laugh

You have given us this Scott Hahn quote 3 times.

Message 96
at
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,36486.msg583807.html#msg583807

Message 27
at
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,37124.msg589626.html#msg589626

And you even made it the OP for an entire thread
at
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,37651.0.html
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »

In theory, sure. But what is the practical difference between an "understanding" that changes like the wind, and a changing truth?

It isn't obviously to you that if tomorrow I decide that grass is purple, then the truth won't have changed but only my belief?
If you decided that it wouldn't change it. If everyone on earth decided it, then for all intents and purposes, the truth becomes irrelevant.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 05:37:54 AM »

What do you all think?

I think the implication of the phrasing "the faith delivered to the saints once and for all" is that while the substance of doctrine may have changed before the Advent of Christ because not all fundamental revelation had been given yet, Christ delivered all fundamental revelation in His life and ministry, and therefore the only development that is to occur after that point is in formulating of the fundamentals and in secondary matters.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 07:38:12 AM »

And I would add, "clarifying implications there-off." Eg. iconodulia.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »

I don't know about that. The EO are really hard-core about it. I've been affirmative of the veneration of icons as communicative of the divine life for years now, but I've never been able to understand the perspective that icons are fundamental to salvation history.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 07:54:04 AM »

I don't know about that. The EO are really hard-core about it. I've been affirmative of the veneration of icons as communicative of the divine life for years now, but I've never been able to understand the perspective that icons are fundamental to salvation history.

I think perhaps it is more that the denial of the icons perverts salvation history?

A distinction without a difference, some might say.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »

Iconoclasm is, at its core, a denial of the Incarnation of Christ. It denies that the Word became flesh. It refuses to acknowledge that Christ is fully Man and fully God. It continues the heresy of the depravity of matter and of the body. Seems like a rather important aspect of salvation history, and of our personal salvation journey, methinks.
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »

But if the iconoclasm had never occurred, would we still have the same robust theology of the holy icons that we do or would our position be closer to that of the Copts?

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »

I think perhaps it is more that the denial of the icons perverts salvation history?

As simplistic as it may seem, I've never seen a real response to the criticism that we don't know what Jesus looked like and therefore the idea that we could actually portray Him even in His humanity is hubris. Rafa (who I often have found ridiculous, but not all the time) used this reasoning to indicate that the Mandylion must have been the only real icon, and I very much understood his position.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 08:26:06 AM »

It would seem to me that icons can be denied on a premise other than perversion of the Incarnation, and in that case I could see how that it would be a perversion of salvation history.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »

On top of that, I can't see how icons can be really fundamental to worshiping "in fullness and truth".

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »

Iconoclasm is, at its core, a denial of the Incarnation of Christ. It denies that the Word became flesh. It refuses to acknowledge that Christ is fully Man and fully God. It continues the heresy of the depravity of matter and of the body. Seems like a rather important aspect of salvation history, and of our personal salvation journey, methinks.

Except when it's not.  Roll Eyes

LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »

As simplistic as it may seem, I've never seen a real response to the criticism that we don't know what Jesus looked like and therefore the idea that we could actually portray Him even in His humanity is hubris. Rafa (who I often have found ridiculous, but not all the time) used this reasoning to indicate that the Mandylion must have been the only real icon, and I very much understood his position.

Have you read St John of Damascus' In Defence of the Holy Images? All you need to know is there.
LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 08:31:25 AM »

It would seem to me that icons can be denied on a premise other than perversion of the Incarnation, and in that case I could see how that it would be a perversion of salvation history.

On top of that, I can't see how icons can be really fundamental to worshiping "in fullness and truth".

All concerns which St John's treatise addresses.

Except when it's not.   Roll Eyes

Care to explain?
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

Care to explain?

If you're referring so much to the treatise of John Damascene to defend your position, perhaps this conversation can't really continue until I give your defense a read.

LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 08:45:23 AM »

Care to explain?

If you're referring so much to the treatise of John Damascene to defend your position, perhaps this conversation can't really continue until I give your defense a read.

Good. It's not a long read, and it's available as an online document. Here's a link: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/johndam-icons.html

Also useful is the treatise defending icons by St Theodore of the Studion.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 08:50:23 AM »

We don't know what He sounded like, nor have His exact words for the most part (they being recorded in Greek when He said them in Aramaic), but the Gospel text isn't hubris.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »

We don't know what He sounded like, nor have His exact words for the most part (they being recorded in Greek when He said them in Aramaic), but the Gospel text isn't hubris.

I like that actually.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »

What Jesus (and the Theotokos, Saints Peter and Paul, etc.) looked like can't be part of Holy Tradition? That's how I see it (with or without the idea of Saint Luke having been a painter).

Also, Saint Nicholas of Myra's recent facial reconstruction looks very much like his traditional portrayal. Not conclusive, but perhaps a reason for benefit of the doubt.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »

What do you all think?

I think the implication of the phrasing "the faith delivered to the saints once and for all" is that while the substance of doctrine may have changed before the Advent of Christ because not all fundamental revelation had been given yet, Christ delivered all fundamental revelation in His life and ministry, and therefore the only development that is to occur after that point is in formulating of the fundamentals and in secondary matters.

That sounds about right.

"God, who, at sundry times and in divers manners, spoke in times past to the fathers by the prophets, last of all, in these days hath spoken to us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the world." Hebrews 1:1-2

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »

If you decided that it wouldn't change it. If everyone on earth decided it, then for all intents and purposes, the truth becomes irrelevant.

Not so.

"Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it."
- William Penn (I believe).

Tags: Scott Hahn 
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: