OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 03:03:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outta Here  (Read 6225 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2004, 12:55:31 AM »

Let me point out one more thing: Nektarios was chosen as a moderator on this forum even though he does not believe the same things that the administrators do about the Oriental Orthodox/Non-Chalcedonians.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2004, 03:20:13 PM »

Ratzinger was also chosen as a Cardinal by the NO Romans.  Hmm.

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2004, 07:19:48 PM »

Here we go again.  Joe's running running off in a huff because OC.net is too 'heretical' for him.  

What did Yogi Bera say....it's deja vu all over again?  

Joe I'll give you a piece of (unwanted) advice, don't do this again.  There is absolutely nothing more ridiculous than people storming off a website 'stamping their feet' and 'shaking the dust from their sandals.'  Especially if they've already done it three or four times already.
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2004, 07:46:34 PM »

umm I've done it exactly once before--not three or four times.  Perhaps before passing judgement you should go back and read my posts.  Oh and I have not left yet, just trying, and failing as no-one seems willing to give straight answers, to determine if it is necessary to leave.

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2004, 10:31:08 PM »

Ratzinger was also chosen as a Cardinal by the NO Romans.  Hmm.

Joe Zollars

Didn't the Pope choose him to be a Cardinal  Huh I wasn't aware us "Romans" are allowed to elect our own Cardinals!

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2004, 10:33:48 PM »

Joe I'll give you a piece of (unwanted) advice, don't do this again.  There is absolutely nothing more ridiculous than people storming off a website 'stamping their feet' and 'shaking the dust from their sandals.'  Especially if they've already done it three or four times already.  

Wonderful advice Jennifer! I can't believe I agree with you!  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 10:34:59 PM by Ben » Logged

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2004, 10:38:34 PM »

umm I've done it exactly once before--not three or four times.  Perhaps before passing judgement you should go back and read my posts.  Oh and I have not left yet, just trying, and failing as no-one seems willing to give straight answers, to determine if it is necessary to leave.

Joe Zollars

Oh my gosh! Joe, what questions have you asked in this thread that remain unasnwered? Leave, if ya wanna leave, stop talking about it, and just do it. I am sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I have gone through this thread and I can't seem to find these unasnwered questions, that you speak of!

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2004, 11:41:52 PM »

because they were not asked in this thread.

Joe Zollars

Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2004, 11:46:46 PM »

Then why bring them up in this thread? Why post at all on this topic? Why don't you speak with Anastasios privately?

JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2004, 12:09:57 AM »

I explained that earlier.  And all I originally did was wish my good friend Linus well.  Others brought up the issue based upon what I said.

Joe Zollars

Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2004, 12:18:54 AM »

Joe, don't you think it's possible that you could falling into your old routine?
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2004, 12:22:52 AM »

I'm not falling into any routine.   I am simply asking for soem clarifications, and then you all are only concerned with attacking me for daring to ask a question.  What was that line again  "Ye shall know a tree by its fruit."

Joe Zollars

Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2004, 01:17:05 AM »

Joe:

For the benefit of those of us who didn't read the other threads: what questions have gone unanswered?

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2004, 01:18:09 AM »

This is so utterly silly.  I am closing this thread.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: