Author Topic: Outta Here  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Re:Outta Here
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2004, 12:55:31 AM »
Let me point out one more thing: Nektarios was chosen as a moderator on this forum even though he does not believe the same things that the administrators do about the Oriental Orthodox/Non-Chalcedonians.

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline JoeZollars

• OC.net guru
  • Pray for me an unworthy sinner
    • The Joe's Big Wide World
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2004, 03:20:13 PM »
Ratzinger was also chosen as a Cardinal by the NO Romans.  Hmm.

Joe Zollars
These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.

Offline Jennifer

• OC.net guru
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2004, 07:19:48 PM »
Here we go again.  Joe's running running off in a huff because OC.net is too 'heretical' for him.  

What did Yogi Bera say....it's deja vu all over again?  

Joe I'll give you a piece of (unwanted) advice, don't do this again.  There is absolutely nothing more ridiculous than people storming off a website 'stamping their feet' and 'shaking the dust from their sandals.'  Especially if they've already done it three or four times already.

Offline JoeZollars

• OC.net guru
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2004, 07:46:34 PM »
umm I've done it exactly once before--not three or four times.  Perhaps before passing judgement you should go back and read my posts.  Oh and I have not left yet, just trying, and failing as no-one seems willing to give straight answers, to determine if it is necessary to leave.

Joe Zollars
These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.

Offline Ben

• Unabashedly Pro-Life
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2004, 10:31:08 PM »
Ratzinger was also chosen as a Cardinal by the NO Romans.  Hmm.

Joe Zollars

Didn't the Pope choose him to be a Cardinal  ??? I wasn't aware us "Romans" are allowed to elect our own Cardinals!
"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint

Offline Ben

• Unabashedly Pro-Life
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2004, 10:33:48 PM »

Joe I'll give you a piece of (unwanted) advice, don't do this again.  There is absolutely nothing more ridiculous than people storming off a website 'stamping their feet' and 'shaking the dust from their sandals.'  Especially if they've already done it three or four times already.  

Wonderful advice Jennifer! I can't believe I agree with you!  :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 10:34:59 PM by Ben »
"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint

Offline Ben

• Unabashedly Pro-Life
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2004, 10:38:34 PM »
umm I've done it exactly once before--not three or four times.  Perhaps before passing judgement you should go back and read my posts.  Oh and I have not left yet, just trying, and failing as no-one seems willing to give straight answers, to determine if it is necessary to leave.

Joe Zollars

Oh my gosh! Joe, what questions have you asked in this thread that remain unasnwered? Leave, if ya wanna leave, stop talking about it, and just do it. I am sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I have gone through this thread and I can't seem to find these unasnwered questions, that you speak of!

Offline JoeZollars

• OC.net guru
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2004, 11:41:52 PM »
because they were not asked in this thread.

Joe Zollars

Offline Ben

• Unabashedly Pro-Life
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2004, 11:46:46 PM »
Then why bring them up in this thread? Why post at all on this topic? Why don't you speak with Anastasios privately?

Offline JoeZollars

• OC.net guru
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2004, 12:09:57 AM »
I explained that earlier.  And all I originally did was wish my good friend Linus well.  Others brought up the issue based upon what I said.

Joe Zollars

Offline Jennifer

• OC.net guru
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2004, 12:18:54 AM »
Joe, don't you think it's possible that you could falling into your old routine?

Offline JoeZollars

• OC.net guru
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2004, 12:22:52 AM »
I'm not falling into any routine.   I am simply asking for soem clarifications, and then you all are only concerned with attacking me for daring to ask a question.  What was that line again  "Ye shall know a tree by its fruit."

Joe Zollars

Offline Fr. David

• The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
  • Archon
    • Iglesia Ortodoxa de los Santos ApĆ³stoles
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2004, 01:17:05 AM »
Joe:

For the benefit of those of us who didn't read the other threads: what questions have gone unanswered?
Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2004, 01:18:09 AM »
This is so utterly silly.  I am closing this thread.
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.