OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 12:49:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a Greek orthodox priest in athens that can speak english?  (Read 1942 times) Average Rating: 0
JR
Elder

Faith: No idea
Jurisdiction: Athens

« on: July 06, 2011, 08:36:30 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a Greek orthodox priest in Athens Greece that can speak English.

I live in Athens, but I speak little Greek.

I want to talk to a priest about converting to Orthodoxy.

Thank you

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them".

Mother Teresa
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »

Just found this information:

ORTHODOX English-language services are held every weekend at St Nicholas' Church in Pallini. Vespers take place at 6pm on Saturdays, while on Sundays there are Matins at 8am and Divine Liturgy at 9.30am. For further information contact Father John Raffan on 210-661-4639

Source: http://www.monachos.net/forum/showthread.php?5051-English-Liturgy-served-in-Plaka-Greece&s=0d913851f055ae82f3f8f69a0cb74ed0
JR
Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »

Thank you for the information, I know the services are no longer held there, neither in plaka.

I shall try calling the phone number as soon as the battery is charged in the phone, it just died on me.

Just found this information:

ORTHODOX English-language services are held every weekend at St Nicholas' Church in Pallini. Vespers take place at 6pm on Saturdays, while on Sundays there are Matins at 8am and Divine Liturgy at 9.30am. For further information contact Father John Raffan on 210-661-4639

Source: http://www.monachos.net/forum/showthread.php?5051-English-Liturgy-served-in-Plaka-Greece&s=0d913851f055ae82f3f8f69a0cb74ed0

Mother Teresa
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »

Thank you for the information, I know the services are no longer held there, neither in plaka.

I just e-mailed my ex-pat friend in Athens. I'm sure she'll be able to provide guidance. I'll let you know once I hear back.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
JR
Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »

Thank you.

I just e-mailed my ex-pat friend in Athens. I'm sure she'll be able to provide guidance. I'll let you know once I hear back.

Mother Teresa
Tags: Greek  English  priest  orthodox  catholic  convert 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: