OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 08:53:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inquiring Into Orthodoxy  (Read 555 times) Average Rating: 0
Juan Pablo

Faith: Protestant

« on: July 01, 2011, 11:57:38 PM »

Hello Everyone.  I just wanted to introduce myself before I started asking questions here Smiley  I have been reading and listening (via podcast) about Orthodoxy for about two years now.  I have also been to three services over the last couple of months.  While I still remain committed to my evangelical heritage, I have found much about Orthodoxy that I find admirable and fascinating.  I look forward to interacting with you all here, and I hope to do it with love and respect.  Please keep me honest if I don't.     
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:01:30 AM »

Welcome Juan,  we'd be more than happy to answer any of your questions.  We also tend to have a lot of intriguing discussions around here sometimes, so I look forward to your participation!

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »

Welcome aboard!

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 12:41:19 AM »

Welcome, Juan, and may God bless you.

I'd suggest listening to Father Andrew Steven Damick's podcasts on Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy. They may be illuminating for you.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 01:57:06 AM »

Welcome!

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
wayseer
Disciple

Faith: No longer Anglican

- a student

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »

Hello Everyone.  I just wanted to introduce myself before I started asking questions here Smiley  I have been reading and listening (via podcast) about Orthodoxy for about two years now.  I have also been to three services over the last couple of months.  While I still remain committed to my evangelical heritage, I have found much about Orthodoxy that I find admirable and fascinating.  I look forward to interacting with you all here, and I hope to do it with love and respect.  Please keep me honest if I don't.     

I'm only new here too - but welcome.  Even as I remain Anglican, I too find Orthodoxy admirable and somehow deeply satisfying.

I have the forum most encouraging without insisting, exploring without ready answer and supporting without condemning.

Not all those who wander are lost.
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 10:33:34 AM »

Welcome. 
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 10:52:51 AM »

Welcome!