Author Topic: I'm falling away  (Read 1398 times)

Offline sodr2

• القديس الانبا رويس
I'm falling away
« on: July 01, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
I'm living alone now and all i do is watch movies everyday and i dont go to church when they have mass everyday... pray that i may be more enthusiastic in my spiritual life and have the energy to wake up in the mornings...and most importantly that i find the opportunity to confess...i need to confess badly. God have mercy.
"Happiness depends on the relationship between man and God." Pope Shenouda III

Offline Salpy

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
Re: I'm falling away
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
Lord have mercy!

Even if you don't go every day, make the effort to go on Sundays.   :)

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 07:36:05 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
Lord have mercy!

Perhaps you should focus on going every Sunday rather than every day.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:58:15 PM »
Lord have mercy!
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline zekarja

• High Elder
  • O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »
Ya Rabb urham!

Offline jckstraw72

• OC.net guru
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »
Lord have mercy!

Offline stavros_388

• OC.net guru
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 10:31:02 PM »
Lord have mercy!
"This is the cross - to become dead to the whole world, to suffer sorrows, temptations and other passions of Christ; in bearing this cross with complete patience, we imitate Christ's passion and thus glorify our God the Father as His sons in grace and co-heirs of Christ." --St. Symeon the New Theologian

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
Lord have Mercy.

Offline sainthieu

• Abstractor of the Quintessence
  • High Elder
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 12:37:34 AM »
You've got to pray, too. The reason you're asking for help right now is because you are being visited by grace. Remember, there is nothing---nothing else for you in life if you leave the church; you are just circling the sun on a cold star, waiting for death to come.

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 04:27:46 AM »
Lord have mercy.

Do you have any good books which you can read at least 15 minutes per day before going to sleep?
That would help. Ask your priest.

My prayers.
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος
ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline stanley123

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 04:30:33 AM »
I'm living alone now and all i do is watch movies everyday and i dont go to church when they have mass everyday... pray that i may be more enthusiastic in my spiritual life and have the energy to wake up in the mornings...and most importantly that i find the opportunity to confess...i need to confess badly. God have mercy.
My advice would be to stop watching movies everyday, and anyway, if you do watch a movie, make sure it is one which is conducive to a good Christian life.
Instead of watching movies, try to spend some time in spiritual reading and prayer.
Lord have mercy.

Offline Poppy

• OC.net guru
    • im the pretty one!!! lolOl
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »

you sound like your depressed. go see a doc

also i think the hardest thing is praying. Like what can you say to a God who knows everything your about to come up with excuses and everything and that you have to be really honest with every word you say to him so, i dont even start with that. BUT i found some links to videos on here about how to make prayer ropes. which i am learning how to make them. I warn you its rli hard!!!! Then i can sell them and give the saint elias preist some extra cash. You can do that as well, seriously dont watch movies, i do watch them sometimes but not every day ...... they will just make you more depressed because there empty ..... its just going to make you feel worse.

Offline sodr2

• القديس الانبا رويس
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »
Thanks everyone, just look how powerful your prayers were: today I went to church and then watched http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gospel_According_to_St._Matthew_%28film%29 (good film)
Alas, I didn't take communion since I havent confessed yet and what im really worried about is that ill be flying in 4 days overseas back home (where i can easily confess), but here in Egypt its hard finding a priest...I guess you guys could pray for my safe return as well (im trying not to imagine the plane crashing when i havent confessed)

Maria, thats a good idea, (i used to do that but not anymore) thanks for reminding me
"Happiness depends on the relationship between man and God." Pope Shenouda III

Offline Nero

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »
Lord have mercy!

Offline sainthieu

• Abstractor of the Quintessence
  • High Elder
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
With all the terrible things that have been happening to the Coptic Church, I can understand why you'd be deeply depressed and want to stay away from church. Christians in general are heading into some heavy weather in the next few years. Unfortunately, the Copts are among the first in line.

This is the kind of crisis designed to shake you to the roots of your soul. Please don't despair. Keep praying for strength. I will be praying for you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:03:23 PM by sainthieu »

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 05:39:36 PM »
Thanks everyone, just look how powerful your prayers were: today I went to church and then watched http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gospel_According_to_St._Matthew_%28film%29 (good film)
Alas, I didn't take communion since I havent confessed yet and what im really worried about is that ill be flying in 4 days overseas back home (where i can easily confess), but here in Egypt its hard finding a priest...I guess you guys could pray for my safe return as well (im trying not to imagine the plane crashing when i havent confessed)

Maria, thats a good idea, (i used to do that but not anymore) thanks for reminding me

My prayers for a safe journey home.

Let us pray for each other.
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος
ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline W.A.Mozart

• High Elder
  • Lazare, veni foras!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
praying...  because we r 1
completely new, especially not yet used

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 07:49:07 PM »
Lord have mercy.

Offline JR

• Elder
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:26:36 AM by JR »
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them".

Mother Teresa

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »
Thanks for the update. Often I wonder in some of the prayer requests which seem dire, how things work out.

I am glad things are changing for you.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 03:06:30 PM »
Listen to this song, it may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wTY5x_bz4&feature=BFa&list=PLEE2124C5962C69E7&index=11

will pray for you

Not my cup of tea, but completely apropos of today's Gospel reading.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 03:09:49 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gospel_According_to_St._Matthew_%28film%29 (good film)

Wow. How did I miss this? Thanks for pointing this out. Perhaps I will find a quality film about Christ that is rooted in the Gospel.