OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 11:07:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just broke up  (Read 1086 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: May 23, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »

I'm feeling sad, and I miss him, but this is not the right relationship unless he changes something about him.

Prayers for him to take care of himself and I guess to grow in wisdom as a Godly man.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:30:53 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Sad My prayers are with you, too.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

I pray for the mending of both your hearts.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 12:32:51 AM »

Christ is risen!
I'm feeling sad, and I miss him, but this is not the right relationship unless he changes something about him.

Prayers for him to take care of himself and I guess to grow in wisdom as a Godly man.
Lord have mercy!

NEVER go into a marriage with the idea that you will change the other person.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 12:56:36 AM »

Christ is risen!

Lord have mercy!

NEVER go into a marriage with the idea that you will change the other person.
Agreed. People should change for themselves, not for others.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 12:57:45 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 02:44:18 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 06:31:42 AM »

Without judgment, I encourage you to focus primarily on applying these concerns to yourself. Ask God to change you, and pray to grow in wisdom as a godly woman. Our peace does not reside in the actions and character of others, it resides only in our own spiritual growth. And please believe me when I confess that I'm still learning this lesson each and every day.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:32:17 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
AdaNicodemou

Faith: Faith
Jurisdiction: Faith

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »

You should move on dude...!!!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 09:32:27 AM »

There's plenty of advice to give, but everything I would say has been said!

Nonetheless, God be with you in these sad times.
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »

Sorry to hear about this.  Lord have mercy.

For what it is worth, Women enter marriage hoping to change the man.  Men enter marriage hoping the woman never changes.  Both end up disapponted.  If you can't love someone for who they are, move on - and don't be sorry about it.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »

My continual prayers. Trust in the Lord, go on a retreat perhaps and then you might meet a wonderful man.

Lord have mercy.

Sorry to hear about this.  Lord have mercy.

For what it is worth, Women enter marriage hoping to change the man.  Men enter marriage hoping the woman never changes.  Both end up disapponted.  If you can't love someone for who they are, move on - and don't be sorry about it.

Wise words. Pregnancy and age certainly do change women.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:14:05 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »

Yep.  And boys never really grow up.

My continual prayers. Trust in the Lord, go on a retreat perhaps and then you might meet a wonderful man.

Lord have mercy.

Sorry to hear about this.  Lord have mercy.

For what it is worth, Women enter marriage hoping to change the man.  Men enter marriage hoping the woman never changes.  Both end up disapponted.  If you can't love someone for who they are, move on - and don't be sorry about it.

Wise words. Pregnancy and age certainly do change women.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 01:51:24 AM »

Without judgment, I encourage you to focus primarily on applying these concerns to yourself. Ask God to change you, and pray to grow in wisdom as a godly woman. Our peace does not reside in the actions and character of others, it resides only in our own spiritual growth. And please believe me when I confess that I'm still learning this lesson each and every day.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam
Explain how this works when someone you care about is doing something dumb/probably harmful for himself in the long run?

Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:41 AM »

I don't have a chance to go on a retreat, but I would like that, meet a wonderful man that is... And recognize him when he is there.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:02:23 AM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 02:51:28 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam
Explain how this works when someone you care about is doing something dumb/probably harmful for himself in the long run?

There is no simple formula for such a dilemma. If only love could be reduced to a mathematical equation, it would be so much easier. I don't know "how" this works, or even if it "works." But I do know that if we focus on changing ourselves and begging God to remove sin from our own lives, then we will experience more peace than if we continue to focus our efforts on trying to change others.

Speak the truth in love, offer your unconditional assistance in their efforts to repent and mend their lives, and turn your worries into prayers (as much as you can.) None of this will remove the pain you feel as you watch someone you love self-destruct. Their harmful actions towards themselves and towards you will always cause you pain. If you didn't love them, you wouldn't hurt so much. So, don't seek ways to remove the pain, but seek nearness to God so that you will find peace in them midst of the pain.

As I said, I'm trying to learn these very lessons myself, each and every day. I apologize if I sounded insensitive before.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 04:17:08 AM »

There is no simple formula for such a dilemma. If only love could be reduced to a mathematical equation, it would be so much easier. I don't know "how" this works, or even if it "works." But I do know that if we focus on changing ourselves and begging God to remove sin from our own lives, then we will experience more peace than if we continue to focus our efforts on trying to change others.

Speak the truth in love, offer your unconditional assistance in their efforts to repent and mend their lives, and turn your worries into prayers (as much as you can.) None of this will remove the pain you feel as you watch someone you love self-destruct. Their harmful actions towards themselves and towards you will always cause you pain. If you didn't love them, you wouldn't hurt so much. So, don't seek ways to remove the pain, but seek nearness to God so that you will find peace in them midst of the pain.

As I said, I'm trying to learn these very lessons myself, each and every day. I apologize if I sounded insensitive before.

Selam
He doesn't want to repent. I was going to let the relationship slide, not go out of me way to have a friendship with him. That is sad too.

love4christu

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:12 AM »

do not worry. have faith in God. its just life.
love4christu

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:45 AM »

just make sure you don't hurt each other but to keep the love.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 06:16:22 AM »

just make sure you don't hurt each other but to keep the love.
What do you mean?

simpleheart

Faith: eastern orthodox
Jurisdiction: eastern orthodox

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 02:25:29 AM »

God give you both wisdom, peace and strength.
We should not try to change someone, we should respect the will of the person. However, st. John Lestvichnik writes in his book that we shall see that we have love when we suffer for the mistakes of the people destroying their souls.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: