OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 09:48:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pray for me, I'm angry  (Read 692 times) Average Rating: 0
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« on: June 28, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »

I just have a lot of anger inside of me. I'm 19. I can't stand to be criticized, and judged by people. I can't stand to be ridiculed for even the smallest mistakes that I made. Most of these things come from my parents.

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even be here so that I don't have to feel this pain. It seems when one person tries to ruin my day over something, I just can't get over it. How am I going to deal with this if I'm inquiring on Orthodoxy? Sometimes I feel like I'm not ready yet. Sometimes I feel like I may never be ready.

Pray for me please, if you have any bit of mercy.  Embarrassed

- GTA
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:14:23 AM by GTAsoldier » Logged

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:26:52 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »

Lord, help us to bridle our passions.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

I don't know if this could be of any help...

Wherefore the athlete of Christ who strives lawfully ought thoroughly to root out the feeling of wrath. And it will be a sure remedy for this disease, if in the first place we make up our mind that we ought never to be angry at all, whether for good or bad reasons: as we know that we shall at once lose the light of discernment, and the security of good counsel, and our very uprightness, and the temperate character of righteousness, if the main light of our heart has been darkened by its shadows: next, that the purity of our soul will presently be clouded, and that it cannot possibly be made a temple for the Holy Ghost while the spirit of anger resides in us; lastly, that we should consider that we ought never to pray, nor pour out our prayer to God, while we are angry. And above all, having before our eyes the uncertain condition of mankind, we should realize daily that we are soon to depart from the body, and that our continence and chastity, our renunciation of all our possessions, our contempt of wealth, our efforts in fastings and vigils will not help us at all, if solely on account of anger and hatred eternal punishments are awarded to us by the judge of the world. - St John Cassian, Remedies for the Eight Principal Faults, Book VIII, Ch. XXII

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf211.iv.iii.viii.xxii.html

Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »

Seriously, watch the merchant of venice

Helped me ALLOT!!!

I'm not angry, i am aggressive sometimes (which don't bother me) but i have a huge issue with striking back at ppl when they disrespect me (which does bother me allot) Makes me a slave to them and i hate that.

I watched TMOV and it really helped, especially the court scene. It might not be your thing but stick with it i bet you won't regret it.
Popps
GTAsoldier
Elder

GTAsoldier
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »

I'm currently watching the 1973 film adaptation of the play on YouTube. I haven't got to the court scene yet (halfway done) but the film is quite good (despite the antisemetic? tones as potrayed by Shylock).

Thanks for the reccomendation, poppy. It took my mind off the anger. And thanks to everyone else who prayed for me earlier.

- GTA
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:18:25 PM by GTAsoldier » Logged

the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »

aww see you have to see the Al Pacino film with Jeremy Irons and some other blokes, really fierce!!
GTAsoldier
Elder

GTAsoldier
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »

I tried looking for the al Pacino version on YouTube. It wasn't there.

Poppy
OC.net guru

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »

I tried looking for the al Pacino version on YouTube. It wasn't there.
nah it wont be i dont think its old enough yet to be on the tube lolOl
but you might be able to coughstream it online somewherecough

no worries, this one will probably do it's just that old Pacino is good at his part and the reaction of Shylock is pretty key to the whole thing.

I know this is the prayers thread and i can't do any of those but i do have some other stuff on being vexed in life if you want it. Totally no worries if not because its probably better that your people just pray for you.
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »

lastly, that we should consider that we ought never to pray, nor pour out our prayer to God, while we are angry.
I must disagree. There are times when prayer is the only thing keeping me from popping someone in the mouth.

GTA, I have similar anger issues. Something that often helps me is to remember the suffering of Christ. He was spit at and ridiculed by His own people in ways we can scarcely imagine yet He loved us so much that He endured everything they threw at Him and even forgave them. Powerful stuff.

I hopes this helps.

GTAsoldier
Elder

GTAsoldier
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »

Thanks, Volnutt. That helped.

Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Agnostic/Universalist

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »

I'm glad.  Smiley

Hang in there! Someday it's all gonna be worth it.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: