OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 04:05:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UGCC head want to organize Pope and Pat Kirill meeting  (Read 421 times) Average Rating: 0
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« on: June 27, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »

I'm surprise this wasn't mentioned earlier.

UGCC head confirms readiness of church to become member of Orthodox-Catholic dialogue and organize meeting between pope and Patriarch Kirill

At a press conference today in Lviv, the head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (UGCC), Patriarch Sviatoslav, said his church is ready to become a member of the Orthodox-Catholic dialogue and to organize a meeting between the pope and Patriarch Kirill.

http://risu.org.ua/en/index/all_news/catholics/ugcc/43038/

Please try to comply with the board rule on posting, to the best of your ability and with absolute clarity. 

- Serb1389. General Fora Moderator  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,30655.0.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:54:32 PM by serb1389 » Logged

I'm going to need this.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »

UGCC head confirms readiness of church to become member of Orthodox-Catholic dialogue and organize meeting between pope and Patriarch Kirill

At a press conference today in Lviv, the head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (UGCC), Patriarch Sviatoslav, said his church is ready to become a member of the Orthodox-Catholic dialogue and to organize a meeting between the pope and Patriarch Kirill.

It would be more surprising if he had announced that they didn't want to become a member of the dialogue.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:40:19 PM »

It would be more surprising if he had announced that they didn't want to become a member of the dialogue.

I wasn't surprised by that as much as the organizing of a meeting with the Pope and Pat Kirill. They've been saying for years they weren't ready to meet, and here he is saying "let's do it". Just surprised.

I'm going to need this.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:42:10 AM »

I wasn't surprised by that as much as the organizing of a meeting with the Pope and Pat Kirill. They've been saying for years they weren't ready to meet, and here he is saying "let's do it". Just surprised.

Yes, that is interesting. I wonder if we'll be hearing any response from either Pope Benedict or Patriarch Kirill.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Robb
OC.net guru

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: Italian Catholic

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »

Great news!  Hopefully the Pope will soon be able to visit Russia.

Men may dislike truth, men may find truth offensive and inconvenient, men may persecute the truth, subvert it, try by law to suppress it. But to maintain that men have the final power over truth is blasphemy, and the last delusion. Truth lives forever, men do not.
-- Gustave Flaubert
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: